Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" (1170 Views)

Kenyan Paypal Users Can Now Move Funds Easily To M-pesa Accounts / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / How Can I Fund My Nigeria Paypal Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by amusco2410: 5:40am On May 03, 2016
Nigerian has a large economy and marketplace when it comes to e-commerce and digital business, there are a lot of goods and services payment using PayPal since the activation of Nigerian users on PayPal, if PayPal can allow Nigerian on PayPal to only pay for goods and send money, It is high time PayPal allow Nigeria account holders to receive money because a lots of eCommerce business is being created everyday in Nigeria which needs a good payment system like PayPal that does not disclose payment system, people prefer to pay for goods using PayPal linked to their Debit/Credit Cards to every other payment system.

The above extract is from https://www.change.org/p/paypal-allow-nigeria-paypal-users-to-receive-money. There is need for more people (About 260) to sign the petition. Let us all rise up to this need and contribute to make the change happen.
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by mployer(m): 7:15am On May 03, 2016
Tackle your yahoo yahoo problem first and paypal will listen to you
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by stagger: 10:10am On May 03, 2016
mployer:

How many cases of Yahoo Yahoo do you hear of today compared to several years back? More youths are turning to sports betting. Besides with the BVN, I do not see why PayPal should still classify Nigeria as a send-only country.

1 Like

Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by amusco2410: 5:37pm On May 03, 2016
mployer:

With the introduction of BVN verification in Nigeria which is tied to all accounts that are operated by the same person and the linkage of paypal account to personal account, I don't think paypal should have a problem allowing accounts to receive payments. I think it's more of being afraid that there is low will-power of security operatives to prosecute those that will perpetuate fraud.

Yahoo Yahoo or not, fraud is being perpetuated worldwide, and paypal should find a means through which their platform can be made more secure.
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by teemy(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2016
i just signed the petition and wish our own senators and the cbn look into this agency only interested in capital flight and not making earnings possible for nigerians.

as prompted by laurelp i once tweeted this to senator bruce but i guess it was skipped or missed.
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by Chibenze(m): 7:17pm On May 03, 2016
base on paypal respond to so many Nigerians, they said the Nigeria government are the once delaying their approval, that all the necessary document has been submitted, i can't remember where i read this info.
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by shocker007(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2016
Chibenze:
base on paypal respond to so many Nigerians, they said the Nigeria government are the once delaying their approval, that all the necessary document has been submitted, i can't remember where i read this info.

You don't need to read it anywhere, just mail Paypal and they will tell you same thing.
CBN is the prob. So the petition they are wailing about won't do anything. Instead, they should petition CBN.

1 Like

Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by Chibenze(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2016
shocker007:

You don't need to read it anywhere, just mail Paypal and they will tell you same thing.
CBN is the prob. So the petition they are wailing about won't do anything. Instead, they should petition CBN.
yes. you are correct paypal is not the problem now
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by CosmicJames(m): 8:24pm On May 03, 2016
shocker007:

How can it be done? I mean how to petition CBN?
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by Activityj(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2016
CBN OR PAYPAL THEY Should allow Nigerians to receive money with their paypal account! It seems bad how we shall be sending out and not receiving!
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by Smartlife(m): 11:16pm On May 03, 2016
Who needs PayPal when Neteller is available for me. Who their restriction epp?
Re: Paypal: Allow Nigeria Paypal Users To "Receive Money" by servicegiver: 5:30am On May 04, 2016
If only will be resolve to be credible and honest, PAYPAL will be left with no choice to to grant our request. There are many bad eggs soiling our good image. May God touch and heal our MINDS.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can Someone Can Start With #400k In Abuja? / Get Up To #10000 Mtn Airtime At Low Rate / I’ll Never Claim My Dad’s Money. I’d Rather Work For Mine – Mike Adenuga’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.