Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage (3242 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Marriage Has Finally Ended / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by muymacho: 5:01am On May 06, 2016
itsy:
Thanks @all
I've been at home for a while now and hubby is more comfortable with it. He says what do I need a job for as he can conveniently take care of our bills,which is true but there is an inner longing to do something that I have. After spending all the years I spent in school, I don't want to ever be a full housewife and I'm scared that if I have to wait till when the children grow, I might be really outdated by then and no company would hire an outdated married woman.
God forbid but assuming he is no more, what will happen to the kids?
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by onegig(m): 5:25am On May 07, 2016
bellong:
I believe no one outside your home cancan tell you what to do.
I don't know what people discuss during courtship. It is not about snapping pre-wedding pictures or going to silverbird galleria. This is one of the issues to effectively iron out.

I pray you get a positive resolution to the benefits of your family.

They discuss celebrity marriages, the new pizza inn that just opened, gossip about friends, Premier leagus matches and whatnot. I don't understand how you would be planning a future with someone and not discuss the basics and preferences that might cause conflicts in that future. More like building a house with no plan. You might just find the toilet built in the middle of kitchen. cheesy

And more and more are committing the same mistakes over and over again. You hear things like "I didn't want to offend him prior to the marriage" ; " I thought she would change". Can two come together if they don't agree?
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Dyt(f): 7:06am On May 07, 2016
onegig:

They discuss celebrity marriages, the new pizza inn that just opened, gossip about friends, Premier leagus matches and whatnot. I don't understand how you would be planning a future with someone and not discuss the basics and preferences that might cause conflicts in that future. More like building a house with no plan. You might just find the toilet built in the middle of kitchen. cheesy

And more and more are committing the same mistakes over and over again. You hear things like "I didn't want to offend him prior to the marriage" ; " I thought she would change". Can two come together if they don't agree?

She's laughingly pissed
The pizza in and gossip got me laughing
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 07, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Kindly overlook my advice above I beg you.
Congrats.

Lol. Thanks
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 07, 2016
onegig:

It was clearly stated at the beginning that I needed only comments from matured minds. The matured minds have spoken, I have taken their words of wisdom and solved my issue. I cannot remember stating that it wasn't discussed during courtship. I was working till I gave birth to my baby so it had never been an issue. If you don't have anything sensible to say, please don't comment on my thread. Thank you
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 07, 2016
bukatyne:

Good one.

Go girl!

Yeah!! Thanks
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 07, 2016
fem29:

Congratulations dear

Thanks dear
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 07, 2016
marbee:

I knew that is what his fears will be,most times communication is the key in every home

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by onegig(m): 1:04pm On May 07, 2016
itsy:

It was clearly stated at the beginning that I needed only comments from matured minds. The matured minds have spoken, I have taken their words of wisdom and solved my issue. I cannot remember stating that it wasn't discussed during courtship. I was working till I gave birth to my baby so it had never been an issue. If you don't have anything sensible to say, please don't comment on my thread. Thank you

You seem very itchy in responding.

You would do well to know my comment wasn't directed at you but a response to the quote and the general public(male and female alike note the premier League statement)

As for maturity in posts....I would just smile. Those who hammer those words are the least as you have obviously espoused. No time. Best wishes in your marriage.

Dyt:

She's laughingly pissed
The pizza in and gossip got me laughing
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abi..what else to discuss?
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by PinketteDawn: 4:09pm On May 07, 2016
PresVA:
Hmmmm, this one is strong oo.. so we still have men who want FULL housewives

Nne, you both have to reach a compromise, can never advise you stay at home PERMANENTLY.. . NEVER!
You can convince him that what you'll do wouldn't be detrimental to the family; you can find something flexible to do.. Promise him that, if the career comes in the way of your family, you're willing to stop...
Just find a way to convince him... you really need to be adding value to yourself no matter how little. ..

But seriously, this is something you both would have discussed before marriage. .. Nothing like marrying someone you've same values with. ..

All the best..

Sometimes you find out that it may have bee actually discussed before marriage and the man agreed to support his wife to attain any level she wants in her career, only to start singing another song after marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Sunnypar(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2016
Cc: Avicky
VickyHills
Blessedtwins
itsy:
My heart is so heavy and my search for a solution brought me here. Okay. For sometimes,i've been a little down emotionally because of some issues. Hubby asked me what the major problem is and I told him I want to pursue my career dream as I feel I let go of my goals in the process of working on my marriage. The issue now is hubby said no problem that I should pursue my career and he would sort himself out and that if I mentioned this earlier, we would have not been married. Pls, married people in the house, what does this mean? Matured minds only please
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 07, 2016
onegig:

You would do well to know my comment wasn't directed at you but a response to the quote and the general public(male and female alike note the premier League statement)

As for maturity in posts....I would just smile. Those who hammer those words are the least as you have obviously espoused. No time. Best wishes in your marriage.

I would repeat this. Please if you don't have any meaningful contribution to this thread,don't comment. You can open your own thread and give all the advice you wish to give people in courtship.

Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 07, 2016
onegig:

I would repeat this. Please and please, if you don't have any meaningful contribution to this thread, don't comment. You can open your thread and give all the advice you want to give to people in courtship.
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 07, 2016
@ admin, pls how do I take this thread off. I think it has already served it's purpose and I'm very glad it did. Urgent please. Thank you
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by onegig(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2016
itsy:

I would repeat this. Please and please, if you don't have any meaningful contribution to this thread, don't comment. You can open your thread and give all the advice you want to give to people in courtship.

Let me humour you a bit . You seem to need a crash course about how things go online.

If you want to have that fantasy of yours, you would take money from your purse, go pay for hosting and register a domain and create your own personal forum, moderated by you then you can be in business.

Maybe you need to let this ring in your head. This is a PUBLIC forum and you have no whatsoever say in who posts what, when, or wherever. If you don't want comments as regards your personal matters, you would do well to STFU and keep whatever issues you have in the four walls of your bedroom. You would do well not to quote me again. Thank you.
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 07, 2016
onegig:

Let me humour you a bit . You seem to need a crash course about how things go online.

If you want to have that fantasy of yours, you would take money from your purse, go pay for hosting and register a domain and create your own personal forum, moderated by you then you can be in business.

Maybe you need to let this ring in your head. This is a PUBLIC forum and you have no whatsoever say in who posts what, when, or wherever. If you don't want comments as regards your personal matters, you would do well to STFU and keep whatever issues you have in the four walls of your bedroom. You would do well not to quote me again. Thank you.

Seriously,and you call yourself a man. I'm done with this
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Dyt(f): 8:53pm On May 07, 2016
Onegig

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by onegig(m): 9:25pm On May 07, 2016
Dyt:
Onegig

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I no sabi for her o. So one can not make a comment again? cheesy

Harping on maturity like she can take it to Gtb and cash it even after clarifying that i was generally speaking; she won't relent. How is the little bro doing jare?
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by Dyt(f): 9:34pm On May 07, 2016
onegig:

I no sabi for her o. So one can not make a comment again? cheesy

Harping on maturity like she can take it to Gtb and cash it even after clarifying that i was generally speaking; she won't relent. How is the little bro doing jare?

Champion is doing wonderful

How's work and deen?
Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by avicky(f): 8:21am On May 08, 2016
Sunnypar:
Cc: Avicky
VickyHills
Blessedtwins
The issue has been resolved. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pls Help...my Career Or My Marriage by urbobo20(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2016
my sister u have to think very well . GOD fobid if any any thing should happen to u man u are in hot soup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is She Showing Her True Colours? / My Brother Scammed Me Of $60000 And Now Has The Audacity To Still Demand Money / Wud U Want Ur 2 B A Worker Or A Full Time House Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.