Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65600 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 7:06pm On May 04, 2016
Even when the present Ooni went to take his wife in Benin, he went with his full paraphernalia.So,lets add the two pictures showing two generations of Oba of Benin (father's picture was released first greeting the Queen of England then the son's picture released gone to visit the Ooni ) outside the palace(to debunk the lie that Obas of Benin don't leave the palace) to greet other (higher) royalties.
Get the message now before the next picture is released .
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by CACAWA(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2016
mida101:
nonesense!
see the nonsense way you spelled nonsense, "nonEsense"...chai!!! You see your life abi?

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Geesunny: 7:20pm On May 04, 2016
It kind of make sense to look at it that way
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Dollyak(f): 7:23pm On May 04, 2016
Barrywilly:
Open your eyes very well. The personality in the pix sitting beside the Oba of Benin is Chief Bisi Akande, and not late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi. Ooni Aderemi was a great King during his lifetime and as such, will never vacate his throne for a lesser King like the Oba of Benin, who is a great grandson of Oduduwa
Thanks for this insight. I found the whole picture odd, so your comment kind of make sense.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 7:24pm On May 04, 2016
richiepolymer:
I'm yet to see the Oba of Benin visit any other traditional ruler in nigeria. The crown prince can do that. Its rare for the Oba of Benin to visit anyone....only heard of him visiting the British Royal palace. All those who are still engaged in supremacy battle should continue oh. Nothing can change what is.
See contradiction. shocked shocked
That man inside Ooni's private home went there with his full authority of the Eweka Dynasty of the Benin Royalty .Don't play funny games sir.
Show us pictures or evidences to support your position and I will believe you sir.No single or dead Ooni has gone to Benin immediately after coronation,it is the Oba of Benin who goes visiting and the Yoruba camp just gave us a proof of that. If the Benin camp has evidence to the contrary,please provide it. We're ready to learn.At least now, you have used style to see a picture of Oba of Benin visiting the Ooni immediately after his coronation and another Oba of Benin bending to greet another royalty in the public glare wink
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Dollyak(f): 7:36pm On May 04, 2016
Businessideas:

God bless you. The Ooni is the spiritual head and his title predates any other king.How the Oba of Benin got his boldness to challenge the Ooni is unprecedented!
That was an interesting read.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by lapo(m): 8:08pm On May 04, 2016
Instead of fighting over superiority, why not see ourselves as one.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 8:41pm On May 04, 2016
macof:

so google and wikipedia are your Bini history teachers? you disappoint me Oviedo

how does Odu da uwa (Standard yoruba dialect:odu da iwa...meaning vessel that created existence) have anything to do with Izoduwa. ... where does the Izo come from? and where did you throw the Odu to?
I Neva argued that oduduwa created Yoruba existence but how did oduduwa himself came to being ,at least when he wandered from "somewhere" to ile ife he met somebody there in person of Agbonmiregun.....so all the Edo prince did was to change the existing protocol.... lolz

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 8:45pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=Jyde89 post=45307813][/quote] teach me what I don't know, you have said nothing. you don't even know how to quote...
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ovieigho(m): 8:51pm On May 04, 2016
Cosbyrich:
BENIN KINGDOM REMAINED PART OF THE EXPANSIVE YORUBA RACE...IT IS AN OLD HISTORY WHICH UNFORTUNATELY WAS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN BY THE POLITICAL OBA.

The Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye
Ogunwusi, on Tuesday said
Benin Kingdom in Edo State
remained part of the
expansive Yoruba race, a
pronouncement that may
spark fresh rivalry and
altercation between people of
the two ancient kingdoms.
The monarch made the
comment in reaction to a
statement credited to the
palace of the Oba of Benin
challenging the claim by the
Alake of Egbaland, Adedotun
Gbadebo, that the Ooni of Ife
remained the pre-eminent
spiritual leader in Yorubaland
and environs.
Oba Ogunwusi, via a
statement by his Director of
Media and Public Affairs,
Moses Olafare, made available
to PREMIUM TIMES, said he
was not interested in any
supremacy battle with anyone
but that he would continue to
put the records straight and
avoid distortion of history
from any quarters.
The monarch said going by
historical evidence detailing
the Oduduwa lineage, Benin
Kingdom remained part and
parcel of Oduduwa House.
“We in Oduduwa land have
always seen and regarded our
people in Benin kingdom as
part and parcel of Oduduwa
House. They are our brothers
and sisters, coupled with
historical facts to back up this
position,” Ooni Ogunwusi said.
“The statement credited to the
Alake of Egbaland, did not
emanate from us but the
reality is that as a highly
experienced and well
informed monarch, Kabiyesi
Alake, who is a bonafide
Oodua descendant is entitled
to his opinion based on his
knowledge and understanding
of history,” the Ooni said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198255-benin-kingdom-edo-yoruba-territory-ooni-ife-adeyeye-ogunwusi.html
. I get you may b the yorubas are laying claim of the Benin kingdom form during the eweka dynasty after oranmiyan. that was when the Yorubas have adopted the Edo prince ( izoduwa) as their originator/ fore father. but it does not change the fact that there was a dynasty that preced the Yoruba race.

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2016
ogmask:

That means all the kings in Yoruba land the Ooni visited in his quest for peace and reconciliation when he was newly installed are superior to him?

If this is the case, that means the Oba is not only junior to the Ooni but also to all the senior obas the Ooni visited.

you yourself have told us why he visited them for the purpose of peace and reconciliation.Its an elder that goes out of his way to unite family members.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 9:07pm On May 04, 2016
ogmask:

That means all the kings in Yoruba land the Ooni visited in his quest for peace and reconciliation when he was newly installed are superior to him?

If this is the case, that means the Oba is not only junior to the Ooni but also to all the senior obas the Ooni visited.

you yourself have told us that why he visited them.Its the elder that always go out of his way to unite and reconcile family members
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2016
2wizkids:

does the ooni visiting the olu of warri make him a junior to the olu? please be frank with yourself, from that pix i could tell the oba was the superior king there simple
Its not simple,and besides what's the fallout of the so called visit?The Olu affirmed the superiority of the Ooni and even went ahead to affirm his membership of the Oduduwa family.And from what I know the Ooni went for the Olu's coronation and to bring him back into the fold of Oduduwa's sons which was highly successful

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Akinrogun(m): 9:53pm On May 04, 2016
hmmmm....claims and counter claims

I'm observing with rapt attention if d newly enthroned Oba of Benin will visit Ile Ife after coronation.

if he did, then d Ile Ife perspective/account is validated.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 9:56pm On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
. I get you may b the yorubas are laying claim of the Benin kingdom form during the eweka dynasty after oranmiyan. that was when the Yorubas have adopted the Edo prince ( izoduwa) as their originator/ fore father. but it does not change the fact that there was a dynasty that preced the Yoruba race.

At this point, there's no room for any 'may be".Just kindly help us with proven evidence of your guesses that is superior to those the Yoruba camps have used to burst the lies.
If it's true,it should be the head of past Ooni that should be buried in Benin and the authority to govern Ile Ife should have been coming from Benin like the Oba of Benin does to other smaller kings around his kingdom but in this case,history has it with concrete evidence that the Benin monarchy started from Eweka, Oranmiyan's son.Prior to that time, there was no Bini king.So where did they get a runaway prince who has to be giving authority to his fathers ? undecided Now they are being exposed as liars. Whoever can lie about the recent past will lie even for the long gone eon of years.
Let's stop arguing rather let's read.

omoigbomina:
you yourself have told us that why he visited them.Its the elder that always go out of his way to unite and reconcile family members
Another guesswork again when you can read the facts and see the picture.
The lie is that an Oba doesn't leave his palace,now the picture just proved it's a lie.
If the Binis don't see themselves as Yoruba and knows his visit could be misinterpreted,then there's no point their King visiting the Ooni.The historical facts have stated that the ancient practice is that the Oba of Benin gets his authority from the Ooni and visits him after coronation and at his death, the head is buried in a sacred place in Ile Ife. In Africa, people are buried in their father's enclaves.

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2016
Businessideas:

At this point, there's no room for any 'may be".Just kindly help us with proven evidence of your guesses that is superior to those the Yoruba camps have used to burst the lies.
If it's true,it should be the head of past Ooni that should be buried in Benin and the authority to govern Ile Ife should have been coming from Benin like the Oba of Benin does to other smaller kings around his kingdom but in this case,history has it with concrete evidence that the Benin monarchy started from Eweka, Oranmiyan's son.Prior to that time, there was no Bini king.So where did they get a runaway prince who has to be giving authority to his fathers ? undecided Now they are being exposed as liars. Whoever can lie about the recent past will lie even for the long gone eon of years.

The lie is that an Oba doesn't leave his palace,now the picture just proved it's a lie.
If the Binis don't see themselves as Yoruba and knows his visit could be misinterpreted,then there's no point their King visiting the Ooni.The historical facts have stated that the ancient practice is that the Oba of Benin gets his authority from the Ooni and visits him after coronation and at his death, the head is buried in a sacred place in Ile Ife.
My statements are in response to those claiming the superiority of the Oba of Benin.Please check my earlier post.Omo yoruba ni mio SWAGGER

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ihimiray(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is the ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
u r silly...
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Businessideas: 10:48pm On May 04, 2016
omoigbomina:
My statements are in response to those claiming the superiority of the Oba of Benin.Please check my earlier post.Omo yoruba ni mio SWAGGER
Don't mind my bini brethren who want to exaggerate their place in history.
In their mischief they kept on quoting themselves from premium times as if in things like this, premium times and neo revisionist are more superior. They even ignored the fact that the Oba of Benin in the picture was the third Oba of Benin the Ooni received in his Ile Ife kingdom after each of their coronation and there's no time, any Ooni visited Benin after coronation
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 04, 2016
Oya stop the argument, But why should a Superior King like the Ooni of Ife and Other Yoruba King have a legislative body that can remove and impeach dem by sending dem a calabash.

Or are they now Victor Edoror that can be impeached by 2/3 of the house.

They are meant to be a dictator.

The Yoruba King is yet to taste real power.

Den dey learn

F-B-I
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by shugaboy6102(m): 11:38pm On May 04, 2016
CACAWA:

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.
I wanna convince me cos u simply made sense.bravo
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Jyde89: 11:44pm On May 04, 2016
ovieigho:
teach me what I don't know, you have said nothing. you don't even know how to quote...

You see, thats how you fail in school, you could have asked me to explain further and i would have gladly done that, instead you resort to insult. Mr man respect your elders.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by teewety: 11:48pm On May 04, 2016
[[s]quote author=Elose11 post=45269741] Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.[/quote] [/s] The first King in Benin is from Ile-Ife. That seat was not the throne seat for your information. The word Oba belong to the Yoruba.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by macof(m): 12:57am On May 05, 2016
ovieigho:
I Neva argued that oduduwa created Yoruba existence but how did oduduwa himself came to being ,at least when he wandered from "somewhere" to ile ife he met somebody there in person of Agbonmiregun.....so all the Edo prince did was to change the existing protocol.... lolz

grin grin grin Oduduwa created all of existence not just yoruba. . but that's spirituality let's move on to history. ..
Oduduwa didn't wander, he was not a refugee. And what's all this Edo prince talk? will you force an Edo prince on Ife and Yorubas? Oduduwa is Yoruba property. ..simple!
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Lovechyld101(m): 1:06am On May 05, 2016
CACAWA:

Dix dude is a smoker seems very true
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ikyTech(m): 1:06am On May 05, 2016
Pheals:
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba

I like your respectful tone. You have sense. Unlike some dumb dudes.
The Oba can actually leave his palace, he just does not sleep outside it without "caution"
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ikyTech(m): 1:09am On May 05, 2016
CACAWA:

Why did the same thing not tell you it's the other way around? Your analysis does not even correlate
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by ikyTech(m): 2:31am On May 05, 2016
Where is the evidence you claim is available from history? Kindly point us to them since you seem to be a sound student of history.
Enough of folks saying what the think and claiming they are historical facts

[qauote author=Businessideas post=45318559].

If the Binis don't see themselves as Yoruba and knows his visit could be misinterpreted,then there's no point their King visiting the Ooni.The historical facts have stated that the ancient practice is that the Oba of Benin gets his authority from the Ooni and visits him after coronation and at his death, the head is buried in a sacred place in Ile Ife. In Africa, people are buried in their father's enclaves. [/quote]
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by nortcentrallord(m): 6:33am On May 05, 2016
masseratti:
actually they are not,Oba of benin is more related to alaafin than the ooni,dont mind the op jare looking for snr among them,they r not even the same,ooni is not a king in the true sense,he is more like a pope,alaafin and oba of benin are emprores not just kings.

Thanks for the correction. Guess I mixed it up in my anger.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by RillJ(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2016
omoigbomina:
and it is the junior that visits the senior.
NATY AMPLIFIED

Ooni of Ife visited Oyo, Ogun etc. Does that make the Ooni their junior?
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Phobia1: 7:05am On May 05, 2016
Otondos thinkin dey knw history. Wen dem born una? mumusis

1 Like

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2016
RillJ:
NATY AMPLIFIED

Ooni of Ife visited Oyo, Ogun etc. Does that make the Ooni their junior?

you are mixing different things together.The Oonis visit to those places you listed are for greater yoruba unity and reconciliation which it is only an elder that can do that.It is elders that reconcile and settle differences of such magnitude that can tear apart a tribe.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by OSESUNATE(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2016
aventura:
Thesame way every new emir must visit the sultan. If the new oba of benin visits the ooni then it puts to rest the age long arguments between both sides on who is superior.
The way the ooni of ife visited the alaafin of oyo abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.