Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? (13665 Views)

Why Etisalat Staff Should Prepare For More Than A Rainy Day / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 03, 2016
Goodday Nairalanders, I'm a regular visitor and popular member of this forum ****. I seriously need a general opinion from serious minded fellows. .
I happened to be one of those that worked as MTN adhoc staff during the sim-reg itch. Now when we were told that our contract had expired on 28th of Feb, well some persons left, but I and few other, abt 3 of us decided to keep working , though we were told we will nt be paid anymore. But it was glaring in the eye that they needed our services because of the no of customers that troops in everyday, so the few of us decided to work for free, hoping to get something, even if its a job link up or a stipend at the end of the month, as we are B.Sc holders and staying at home is no no. But to tell u the truth ,it wasn't as we thought, we worked heavily during march and didn't get a dime from the management ( branch management thou),and worked lightly during April, still nothing. I had expected even if it is just feeding or transport allowance, no matter how small, I would have appreciated, not as if we didn't work it out, we did (although we were told no payment initially) but common, we are humans, the services rendered were almost same with permanent staff. OK enough said, my question now is , what advice would you hav given me, i f I were you brother or friend to stop going there, because I'm not seeing any future there anymore as I had hoped. because a close family member told me to still be working there till any of my applications I've applied work out, but when will that be because its frustrating working without money for 2 months and u are feeding. Thank you all.
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by jmichlins(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2016
Just keep working there and be on look out for better opportunities. Do not be just a robot but try socialize with your environment and people around there that way you can get tips if opportunities call. Nothing is worse than staying idle at home believe me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Daluuzor(m): 10:27pm On May 03, 2016
Bro the hustling is real. I was also involved in the SIM reg from January to March. Like you rightly said, it was supposed to end in February, but two best performed people were called back to continue till March from my connect and i was among. Before the end of March, MTN called off the contract and directed the partners to continue with the AD HOC staff if only the partners will see to the payment, if not, the staff at the various connect stores should do the reg. Well, we went back to being unemployed. Although the other guy continued, just to lend a helping hand since people were still trooping en masse but he stopped after some days because they made it absolutely clear to him that he wont be paid.

My Advice

If your house is close i.e you don't spend on transportation, then you can continue till you get something, atleast make you dey use deir wi-fi dey sort urself. If not, bro, its a hopeless hope oo. But i really rape that wi-fi shaaa Lol. Staying at home is worse than anything and being dead broke is the worst thing that can happen to any Man.

May God help us all.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 08, 2016
Thank you guys
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 09, 2016
Brother, the hustle is hard, staying at home is not fun, but believe me those guys don't give a dime if you eat or sleep well. Trust me they don't, if you doubt, don't come to work there tommorow and see if they'd even care to call you.
Instead of wasting time there doing free job for the wall paid folks, try learning a skills to boost your CV.
Or anything else. The bottom line is working there hoping they'd give you something later isn't worth it. After all, how much do they want to give you for the two months of tiredless effort you've put in that could cover?
Moreover, they've seen your type before, contract staff that refuses to leave so they are not impressed, surprised or indulged. So no matter the dedication you put in there'd be no offer letter for you, and if it's stipend it would never be enough to cover 1/16 what you've spend.

I recommend you get out of there and stop providing free labour. I mean you paid school fees.
And don't be surprised if they want to fill that position, they'd probably bring someone else from their inner carcus
Pls, use your head. Think ahead

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 14, 2016
optimusmind:
Brother, the hustle is hard, staying at home is not fun, but believe me those guys don't give a dime if you eat or sleep well. Trust me they don't, if you doubt, don't come to work there tommorow and see if they'd even care to call you.
Instead of wasting time there doing free job for the wall paid folks, try learning a skills to boost your CV.
Or anything else. The bottom line is working there hoping they'd give you something later isn't worth it. After all, how much do they want to give you for the two months of tiredless effort you've put in that could cover?
Moreover, they've seen your type before, contract staff that refuses to leave so they are not impressed, surprised or indulged. So no matter the dedication you put in there'd be no offer letter for you, and if it's stipend it would never be enough to cover 1/16 what you've spend.

I recommend you get out of there and stop providing free labour. I mean you paid school fees.
And don't be surprised if they want to fill that position, they'd probably bring someone else from their inner carcus
Pls, use your head. Think ahead
best advise bro, thanks so much,I would give you 1000 likes if allowed. do u know I stayed out for 3 days,nobody cared. Im done bro, thanks once more. Although I run a personal bulk SMS site but the little I generate from there isn't just OK. I keep searching, no more free labour bro because my cert isn't free. Thank you. Bleep unemployment

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by TheAristocrat(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2016
OP, it depends. Now that you're working without pay, are you learning valuable skills that would be useful later in your career?If not, you may be losing both ways. Even though the job market is brutal for job seekers now,please don't relent in your job hunting efforts.

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Nobody: 7:07am On May 15, 2016
As a BSC HOLDER. Why not forward your CV some where and start hunting for better jobs, where you would be highly valued in due time, rather than work for free .

Tho this country is facing a serious economy instabilty , but let it not be your burden cuz people are striving real hard and are making it these days , despite the hardship. Try help yourself by being a real hustler . Be good 'n Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by youngberry001(m): 7:08am On May 15, 2016
Ok
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by ERONX(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2016
If its close to ur house and u Dont spend money on transportation, I will advice u continue and make sure u get urself busy on d internet. Since the WiFi is free try search for various job vacancy on jobberman and other job sites... But on d other hand if u spend money on transportation on a regular basis before u get to work I will advice you quit and find something else.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by infogenius(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2016
Mtn have no human feelings. They don't feel your pains or what you are going through.
They will just exploit your youthful energy.

Leave the job immediately.

The time you spend there could be wisely spent promoting your bulk sms site offline.

Write proposals and take time out to submit them at schools and any other outfit that may need your service.

Learn a skill

Engage in freelance work online if you can and by His Grace you will scale up while still looking for a good job.

The idea is just to do something profitable no matter how small.

And don't forget to pray without season.
God reward exceedingly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by SmooshCHN: 7:12am On May 15, 2016
Helping people is great but all would amount to nothing when you are left behind. Don't think you don't have a better choice. Quit that MTN free show. You're worth more. Check the Job and Vacancy section or check for schools to teach around you and start from somewhere. Where do you see yourself in the next 6months doing this?? I guess that family member must be from your village. You're worth more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by falconxxx(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2016
Pray to God for guidance, and don't leave if you don't have something else to do wink
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by ekemit(m): 7:16am On May 15, 2016
I really feel for you bro I know what I saw when I was unemployed it was hell, I don't know what to say just wish you the best and God's favour
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by lovedatruth(m): 7:21am On May 15, 2016
I think u'v gotten enough words to last u for a decade bro, specialy the one With d 1000likes.

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by otimothy(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2016
please quit already.
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:23am On May 15, 2016
just continue if u live close ... better than staying at home ...
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by nnamdijoy(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2016
Bro if you are not spending on transport continue but if you spend pls stay back home and try other skills with your transportation money to be self employed.
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by OAUTemitayo: 7:29am On May 15, 2016
TheGameChanger:
best advise bro, thanks so much,I would give you 1000 likes if allowed. do u know I stayed out for 3 days,nobody cared. Im done bro, thanks once more. Although I run a personal bulk SMS site but the little I generate from there isn't just OK. I keep searching, no more free labour bro because my cert isn't free. Thank you. Bleep unemployment
If you concentrate on your bulk SMS website, chances are things might be much better than it is now
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by kaziblake(f): 7:29am On May 15, 2016
The issue of unemployment in this country is really getting outa hand...imagine working for free shocked MTN can't even pity you guys and give you some stipend.
It's is well

3 Likes

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by gift01: 7:30am On May 15, 2016
Quit!!!! Go and learn a handwork even if you earn nothing for a start but at least you going somewhere. Working for free for MTN is slave trade in this modern era

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by bcomputer101: 7:31am On May 15, 2016
The moment your story change, I swear you will find it difficult you are once in this type off situation. I'm a living exmple.

Dear bro, quit that work and be more focus on something new

3 Likes

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by keepingmum: 7:31am On May 15, 2016
My 2 cents....you know those jobs you see with huge pay/prospects but requires the applicant to have 3 years work experience? Volunteer experience et Al? And you all will come on nairaland ranting about where you are supposed to get the work experience when there are no jobs?
Well this is your time to volunteer even if it's x3 days a week for 5 hours each day to gamer work experience so that when a vacancy props up 2mao, u r equipped to qualify.

Furthermore, internal vacancies are constantly advertised and remaining in that post enables you the opportunity to be privy to those ads.

Finally, as you work diligently in ur post, u can always meet someone who will be amazed dt a young 9ja graduate is selfless to the point of volunteering rather than staying put at home and perhaps offer you a good job elsewhere.

Take what you can from these words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by obinna2nv(m): 7:33am On May 15, 2016
Chai!! Chai!! My guy, after all the millions that your folks spent on you to get you through school, you chose to work for a multibillion dollar company for free! Guy, you need to get your mind right!! Get the hell Outta there, and focus on your hustle.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by tinktanker: 7:36am On May 15, 2016
U guys should just leave for like 2hours when the crowd is much so dey can feel ur impact small

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by Lisaint(m): 7:45am On May 15, 2016
Bro in dis trying times.....if anything you are doing is not making money

Automatically itz not making sense...

Imagine u leave for three days dem no even call or ask about you which mean dey don't give a damm about you

What if wen you are going to work and sumtin happen

No insurance no benefit

Bros its beta u leave and maybe spend d time u are using to hunt for job too learn handiwork

Some people are earning a little from insecticide making and others u can also give it a trial

Jxt bullshit MTN

#MaPieceOfCoin

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by deltateam: 7:46am On May 15, 2016
If you were my brother I would have changed the game tay tay for you with a factory resetting slap.

They actually informed you that you won't be paid, you still stayed put. Now you expect us to do what exactly?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:50am On May 15, 2016
Use the wifi for blogging and for learning lots of things you can do online to make money.
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by deltateam: 8:02am On May 15, 2016
infogenius:
Mtn have no human feelings. They don't feel your pains or what you are going through.
They will just exploit your youthful energy.

Leave the job immediately.

The time you spend there could be wisely spent promoting your bulk sms site offline.

Write proposals and take time out to submit them at schools and any other outfit that may need your service.

Learn a skill

Engage in freelance work online if you can and by His Grace you will scale up while still looking for a good job.

The idea is just to do something profitable no matter how small.

And don't forget to pray without season.
God reward exceedingly.

Op I hope this is what you wanted people to say?
MTN has no human feelings indeed.

Infogenius you have no thinking feelings.

They told him clearly that they will not pay him again in clear terms.
Some governors will not even talk to you for 6-8 months work without pay. What will you call that one?

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by lordempire(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2016
God go help u

1 Like

Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by deltateam: 8:09am On May 15, 2016
kaziblake:
The issue of unemployment in this country is really getting outa hand...imagine working for free shocked MTN can't even pity you guys and give you some stipend.
It's is well

There is employment in this country if people are willing to bend down and learn a skill. Do you know how tailors or fashion designers(their swag name) make?
Re: MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit?? by deltateam: 8:11am On May 15, 2016
Lisaint:
Bro in dis trying times.....if anything you are doing is not making money

Automatically itz not making sense...

Imagine u leave for three days dem no even call or ask about you which mean dey don't give a damm about you

What if wen you are going to work and sumtin happen

No insurance no benefit

Bros its beta u leave and maybe spend d time u are using to hunt for job too learn handiwork

Some people are earning a little from insecticide making and others u can also give it a trial

Jxt bullshit MTN

#MaPieceOfCoin

Best advice ever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funke Adekoya Wins 2019 African Legal Award / Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria / Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.