Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria (13672 Views)

Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Dharmmieojo(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2011
Hello,please considering the low level of career orientantion of our secondary school teachers and parent am finding it difficult understanding the indept of architecture,i enjoy designing,am a year 1 student of architecture but i would love it if anyone cud be kind enough to orientate me more on what varities of work/jobs is an architect is open to,how lucaritive is architecture in nigeria today thanks, ur son dammy
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by DisGuy: 6:47am On Sep 02, 2011
Your lectures should be in the best position to advice you properly, very few architects in here

Ask you lecturer to forward seminars relating to your industry to you regularly

or Visit an Architectural firm and network
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
As an architect, the truth is that when you graduate you'll have to work in an architectural firm to gain experience and obviously the pay won't be great but you shouldn't be concerned about the pay as you're there for the experience. You'll most likely start off as a design architect in the office where u'll be used more as a designer. So you'll really have to brush up your CAD 2D and 3D skills. Afterwards you need to be going to site as a site architect to gain site experience because that's the main knowledge that you need to be an architect. Furthermore the only way you can make it big is if when you open your own archi firm. So all da best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Dharmmieojo(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
sir,thank you for your responds am gratefull
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Tochex101(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2011
Dharmmie I like your vision.I opened a thread similar to yours last year and got some really helpfull responses.I luv architecture too but sadly they aint many architects on nairaland.I'm even thinking of opening a thread "Architects Den" or smthing of that nature where we can all meet and chat with each another.I'm pursuing my career with vigour and I knw I'll get there.I'm also about entering 200lvl.
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by yamakuza: 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by abduldr: 8:45pm On May 19, 2012
Am currently studying civil engr but thinking of changing to architecture. Somebody should help me out, should i change or stay but by the way am not very good at math
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by haywire1: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
I'm happy to wake up this tread, Dharmmie i read one of urs post saying u are running a project on a bakery design. I was like wooow that was the reason i hit a search on nairaland. Dharmmie i like to know how your project is going because i have a plan to setup a bakery but the problem is "i need a good bakery design". Let me know if you have d design ready or if there's anyway i can help out. Hope to get a reply from you soon...
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Do you need experienced architect in nigeria?
Try http://www.innovateconceptsltd.com/
Re: Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria by Horus(m): 1:29am On Dec 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2CIQuastvw

[size=15pt]Nigerian architect Olajumoke Adenowo[/size]

Mrs Olajumoke Adenowo
CEO AD CONSULTING
Industry: Architecture

From a young age Nigerian architect Olajumoke Adenowo wanted to craft structures that were functional and beautiful. She speaks about the accolades she's received for her designs as well as her vision. When she isn't designing buildings, she hosts a regular radio show to mentor women.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Funke Adekoya Wins 2019 African Legal Award / Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? / What Automated Machines, Robots Are Doing To Us – Nigerian Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.