Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? (2796 Views)

What Is The Islamic View On Aje? / What's Islam View On Mouth Action? / Islam's View On Couple's Dancing At Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 1:13pm On May 03, 2016
[size=15pt]What Is Your View of Basmala?[/size]
What is your view of basmala (i.e. “In the Name of Allāh, the Beneficent, the Merciful”) in Sūrat al-Fātiḥah? Is it the first verse of that sūrah or not? If we check the Qur’ān in our hands, we see that it has been numbered as the first verse of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah.

The direct implication of this, is that anyone who claims that basmala is NOT the first āyah of that noble sūrat is guilty of taḥrīf. Such a person is, by implication, claiming that an additional verse has been added to the sūrah by Caliph ‘Uthmān.

Again the question remain: Is basmala the first āyah of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah or not? The problem is: no matter the answer given by the anyone following the Sunni manhaj, he is doomed.

Sheik Ibn Baz
* Shaykh Ibn Bāz, in this fatwā, answers our question:
http://www.binbaz.org.sa/noor/6257

"The correct opinion is that basmala is NOT an āyah of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah, and is not an āyah in any other sūrah. Rather, it is a standalone verse, which Allāh reveals to separate the sūrahs, to indicate that the sūrah before it has ended and that the one after it is a new sūrah. This is the correct opinion according to the people of knowledge. Numbering it as the first verse, as it is in some maṣāḥif, is an error. It is not correct. The correct is not it is not part of al-Fātiḥah. The first verse of al-Fātiḥah is only “All praise be to Allāh, the Lord of the worlds.” This is the first verse.'"

In simpler words, Ibn Bāz believed that ‘Uthmān erroneously added basmala to the text of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah. This definitely is undiluted taḥrīf !

Ibn Kathir
* Al-Ḥāfiẓ Ibn Kathīr, in his exegesis of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah, also submits:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=35

"Bismillah is the First Ayah of Al-Fatihah.

The Companions started the Book of Allah with Bismillah:

(1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)

The scholars also agree that Bismillah is a part of an Ayah in Surat An-Naml (chapter 27). They disagree over whether it is a separate Ayah before every Surah, or if it is an Ayah, or a part of an Ayah, included in every Surah where the Bismillah appears in its beginning. Ad-Daraqutni also recorded a Hadith from Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet that supports this Hadith by Ibn Khuzaymah. Also, similar statements were attributed to `Ali, Ibn `Abbas and others.

The opinion that Bismillah is an Ayah of every Surah, except Al-Bara'ah (chapter 9), was attributed to (the Companions) Ibn `Abbas, Ibn `Umar, Ibn Az-Zubayr, Abu Hurayrah and `Ali. This opinion was also attributed to the Tabi`in: `Ata', Tawus, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Makhul and Az-Zuhri. This is also the view of `Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad bin Hanbal, (in one report from him) Ishaq bin Rahwayh and Abu `Ubayd Al-Qasim bin Salam. On the other hand, Malik, Abu Hanifah and their followers said that Bismillah is not an Ayah in Al-Fatihah or any other Surah. Dawud said that it is a separate Ayah in the beginning of every Surah, not part of the Surah itself, and this opinion was also attributed to Ahmad bin Hanbal

The matter is very serious now. If basmala is not a verse of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah as Ibn Bāz claimed, then all those Ṣaḥābah and others who believed that it is were guilty of taḥrīf. By contrast, if those Salaf were correct, then Ibn Bāz, Imām Mālik, Imām Abū Ḥanīfah and their followers were all guilty of taḥrīf. There is no win-win situation here for the Ahl al-Sunnah. Whichever position they take, some of the pillars of their sect fall. Basmala is either a verse of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah or not. If it is a verse of that sūrah, whosoever claims that it is not, is guilty of taḥrīf. By contrast, if it is not a verse of the sūrah, then anyone who says that it is, is guilty of taḥrīf. Apparently, Shaykh Jabata really needs to take care of his own taḥrīf disease first, before commenting about others.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 1:15pm On May 03, 2016
Please do not derail the topic please.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 03, 2016
Ya Albaqir, why dont you tell us your own opinion? But wait! Do you have another Quran other than the one compiled by uthman(r.a)? Are you claiming that there are ta'rif in the Quran we have at hand now, thereby calling Allah(subhanahu wa ta'ala) a liar(astagfirullah) since HE pronised to preserve the Glorious Quran from the slightest distortion?

Anyway, here is my opinion on the op:

In many instances two Sahih Hadith with two different rulings have been narrated on one issue, some Fuqahaa have taken one and the others have taken the other, thus leading to differences of opinion.

As for Bismillah and Surah Fatiha, Imam Shafi has taken the Hadith narrated by Abu Huraira mentioning that Bismillah is a part of Surah Fatiha. On the other hand Imam Abu Hanifah has taken another Hadith from Muslim in which it does not mention Bismillah as part of Surah Fatiha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Ya Albaqir, why dont you tell us your own opinion? But wait! Do you have another Quran other than the one compiled by uthman(r.a)? Are you claiming that there are ta'rif in the Quran we have at hand now, thereby calling Allah(subhanahu wa ta'ala) a liar(astagfirullah) since HE pronised to preserve the Glorious Quran from the slightest distortion?

Anyway, here is my opinion on the op:

In many instances two Sahih Hadith with two different rulings have been narrated on one issue, some Fuqahaa have taken one and the others have taken the other, thus leading to differences of opinion.

As for Bismillah and Surah Fatiha, Imam Shafi has taken the Hadith narrated by Abu Huraira mentioning that Bismillah is a part of Surah Fatiha. On the other hand Imam Abu Hanifah has taken another Hadith from Muslim in which it does not mention Bismillah as part of Surah Fatiha.

Honestly I can discuss anything but I hate discussion on tahrif of Quran unless my hands are forced. Your brothers started it esp Newnas. He wants to prove that Shia doesn't believe in the present Quran. Instead of you guys to caution him, he was supported in his fitnah. Like I said on the thread he created, both Schools have Mutawattir reports on tahrif of the Quran. Unfortunately Sunni documents are too numerous to count even in the two untouchable Sahihain (Bukhari and Muslim). And heavyweights Sunni sahabah confirmed tahrif. I have explore all that on the said thread. And there are still more. Just like Yoruba used to say, eni tábá fúni láso wò, aakó wo torun re Ni.

Lastly, Shi'i believe of Basmala is that it is the first verse of every Surah except Tawbah. In fact if you deliberately not recite it during Salat before you start al-Hamd or any other surah, your salat is void. And we believe whoever does not believe that Basmala is verse of every Surah except Tawbah, has affirm Tahrif of the Quran. And of course, we use the Uthmanic edition.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2016
Ask any Sunnī Muslim: “How many versions of the Qur’ān do we have today?” He is most likely to answer: “Only one.” However, according to “authentic” Sunnī aḥādīth, the Book of Allāh was actually revealed in SEVEN different versions. So, where are the other six?! The popular Salafī fatwā website, IslamQA, tells us about the seven versions of the Qur’ān, according to Sunnī Islām:

"You should note, may Allaah bless you, that the Qur’aan was revealed in one style at the beginning, but the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kept asking Jibreel until he taught him seven styles, all of which were complete. The evidence for that is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas who narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Jibreel taught me one style and I reviewed it until he taught me more, and I kept asking him for more and he gave me more until finally there were seven styles.” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3047; Muslim, 819)

In that case, what were these seven styles? The Salafī fatwā continues: https://islamqa.info/en/5142

Secondly, what is meant by styles (ahruf, sing. harf)?

"The BEST of the scholarly opinions concerning what is meant is that there are seven ways of reciting the Qur’aan, where the wording may differ but the meaning is the same; if there is a different meaning then it is by way of variations on a theme, not opposing and contradiction."

In other words, you could recite Sūrat al-Fātiḥah in seven different styles. The words of Sūrat al-Fātiḥah in Style A were different the words of the same Sūrat al-Fātiḥah in Style B. The words of this Sūrat al-Fātihah in Style C were different from the words of both Style A and Style B; and this was how all the seven styles were different from one another. Their words were different; but they all had the same meanings. IslamQA emphasizes this point again in the same fatwā:

"It seems that the seven styles were revealed WITH DIFFERENT WORDINGS, as indicated by the hadeeth of ‘Umar, because ‘Umar’s objection was to the style, not the meaning. The differences between these styles are not the matter of contradiction and opposition, rather they are SYNONYMOUS, as Ibn Mas’ood said: “It is like one of you saying halumma, aqbil or ta’aal (all different ways of saying ‘Come here’)."

Now, tell any Sunni to read, for example, Sūrat al-Fātiḥah in the seven styles. He will not be able to do that. Why? The Salafī fatwā tells us:

"When ‘Uthmaan made copies of the Qur’aan, he did so according to one style (harf), but he omitted the dots and vowel points so that some other styles could also be accommodated. So the Mus-haf that was copied in his time could be read according to other styles, and whatever styles were accommodated by the Mus-haf of ‘Uthmaan remained in use, and the styles that could not be accommodated fell into DISUSE. The people had started to criticize one another for reciting differently, so ‘Uthmaan united them by giving them one style of the Qur’aan."

This fatwā has slightly contradicted itself here. It states that the words in each of the style were different from those in the others (even though their meanings were the same). It even gives the examples of haluma, aqbil, and ta’āl. Then, the same fatwā argues that when we remove the dots and vowel points from the verses of the Qur’ān, it became possible to recite them in some of the other styles. Is that not a clear contradiction? For instance, let us write halumma without the dots and vowel points: هلمّ. Can anyone ever recite it as أقبل or تعال? It is impossible! So, when ‘Uthmān decided to compile the Qur’ān in only one style out of seven, he was essentially getting rid of all the others. The Salafī fatwā agrees that what Caliph ‘Uthmān did led to the “disuse” of some of the revealed styles. However, the reality is that, according to Sunnī Islām, all of the six other styles became “lost” as a result of what the third caliph did!

Imām Ibn Jarīr al-Ṭabarī in his Tafsīr al-Ṭabarī (Cairo: Maktabat Ibn Taymiyyah; 2nd edition) [annotators: Maḥmūd Muḥammad Shākir and Aḥmad Muḥammad Shākir], vol. 1, pp. 63-64 gives more details:

"And there are similar reports which would make the book long if all of them were quoted, as well as the reports which prove that the Imām of the Muslims and Amīr al-Mūminīn ‘Uthmān b. ‘Affān, may the mercy of Allāh be upon him, united the Muslims – due to his care and compassion for them and his kindness towards them, his concern that some of them might apostatize from Islām and become disbelievers after having believed, when some of them, in his presence and in his absence, denied some of the seven styles in which the Qur’ān was revealed, despite that the Ṣaḥābah of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, had heard the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, forbidding the denial of any of them and informing them that disputation about them (i.e. the seven styles) was kufr. So, when he saw this (i.e. disputation about the seven styles) occurring among them during his rule, and due to the closeness of their time to the (time of the) descent of the Qur’ān and the separation from the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, from them, he (i.e. ‘Uthmān), may the mercy of Allah be upon him, placed them upon what would protect him and them from a terrible calamity in the religion resulting from the recitation of the Qur’ān: upon a single ḥarf.

He united them upon a single muṣḥaf, and upon a single style, and he burnt everything other than the muṣḥaf upon which he united them. He resolved that whosoever possessed any muṣḥaf which was different from the muṣḥaf upon which he united them, must burn it. The Ummah obeyed him, and they saw that there was guidance in what he did. So, they abandoned the recitation of the six styles which their just Imām resolved that they must abandon, out of obedience to him, and out of care for themselves and for future adherents of their religion, to the extent that they obliterated knowledge of them (i.e. the six styles) within the Ummah and wiped out their traces. Therefore, it is not possible for anyone today to recite them, due to their extinction and the obliteration of their traces. The Muslims continued to reject their recitation, without denying their validity, without denying the validity of any of them. However, they did this out of care for themselves and for all the other followers of their religion. As a result, the Muslims have no other recitation today except with the single style which their kind-hearted, well-meaning Imām chose for them, at the expense of the other six style."

When Allāh promised to protect and preserve His Book, He was referring to all the seven styles – as “authentic” Sunnī aḥādīth indicate. All of them together made up the Holy Qur’ān, according to Sunnī Islām. However, the third caliph, in the view of the Ahl al-Sunnah, was able to permanently destroy six of the seven styles. This, without doubt, is a taḥrīf belief of mammoth proportions! No wonder, Imām Sa’īd b. Manṣūr recorded in his Sunan, published in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia by Dār al-Ṣamī’ī, 1st edition, 1414 H, annotated by Dr. Sa’d b. ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Abd al-‘Azīz Āl Ḥumayyid, vol. 2, p. 432, # 140:

Sa’īd – Ismā’īl b. Ibrāhīm – Ayyūb – Nāfi’:

Ibn ‘Umar said, “Let none of you say: ‘I have got the whole of the Qur’ān.’ How does he know what the whole of it is? A lot of the Qur’ān has been lost. Instead, he should say: ‘We have got what emerged of it.’”

Dr. Sa’d Āl Ḥumayyid comments: Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 13, 2016
AlBaqir:

Honestly I can discuss anything but I hate discussion on tahrif of Quran unless my hands are forced. Your brothers started it esp Newnas. He wants to prove that Shia doesn't believe in the present Quran. Instead of you guys to caution him, he was supported in his fitnah. Like I said on the thread he created, both Schools have Mutawattir reports on tahrif of the Quran. Unfortunately Sunni documents are too numerous to count even in the two untouchable Sahihain (Bukhari and Muslim). And heavyweights Sunni sahabah confirmed tahrif. I have explore all that on the said thread. And there are still more. Just like Yoruba used to say, eni tábá fúni láso wò, aakó wo torun re Ni.

Lastly, Shi'i believe of Basmala is that it is the first verse of every Surah except Tawbah. In fact if you deliberately not recite it during Salat before you start al-Hamd or any other surah, your salat is void. And we believe whoever does not believe that Basmala is verse of every Surah except Tawbah, has affirm Tahrif of the Quran. And of course, we use the Uthmanic edition.

Your post amounts to misinformation. The verses of the Quran were not numbered by the Prophet (ﷺ) or any of the companions. So whether you consider it as a verse on its own, or as the first verse of the surah, there is no difference as long as it retains its position in the mus-haf. Tahreef means changing words or phrases by later additions or omissions.

Your citations of some sahabah on the Quran are also referring to abrogation by the prophet (ﷺ) before his death in response to the revelation of Allah, and not to changes made after his death by the companions as the Shiites believe.

The seven recitations of the Quran were dialect differences with the exact same meaning, which the prophet (ﷺ) stated was to make it lighter on the Arabs who spoke other dialects. No one was called upon to learn all 7 recitations, nor is there any evidence that the prophet himself (ﷺ) ever recited any qira'a other than the Qurayshi, which is what we have today, except for teaching those that found it easier to use. Again, by preventing the fitnah of conflicting recitations, Uthman (ra) simply left out those that were disemphasized by the prophet (ﷺ). This also is not tahreef, as the Quran is complete and present with us as the prophet (ﷺ) recited it in prayers and outside prayers.

Your post is basically dishonest. So sorry.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Your post amounts to misinformation. The verses of the Quran were not numbered by the Prophet (ﷺ) or any of the companions. So whether you consider it as a verse on its own, or as the first verse of the surah, there is no difference as long as it retains its position in the mus-haf. Tahreef means changing words or phrases by later additions or omissions.

Your opening statement revealed how insecure you are based on the fatawa of your Ulama. Anyway, I have beautifully explore the two contrasting opinions of your Shuyukh. You have the right to prove them wrong provided you have sahih evidence. My position as a follower of the school of Ahli Muhammad has been stated already.

However, saying boldly that Quran was not numbered at the time of Rasul or the sahabah simply suggests that the numbering as we have today is Bid'ah which of course is a misguidance which will lead to hell as sahih hadith states. Adding fuel to fire!

Farmerforlife:

Your citations of some sahabah on the Quran are also referring to abrogation by the prophet (ﷺ) before his death in response to the revelation of Allah, and not to changes made after his death by the companions as the Shiites believe.

Really?! Alright lets cite some examples which are undoubtedly sihah in your documents:
AlBaqir:
[size=15pt]DISTORTION OF THE QURAN IN SUNNI AHADITH[/size]

Verse of stoning (Ayat Rajm)

#1. In a very long tradition, following are extracted from a sermon delivered by Umar ibn al-Khattab:

'Umar bin al-Khattab (RAA) narrated that he addressed the people and said, 'Verily Allah has sent Muhammad with the Truth and sent down the Book to him, and the verse of stoning was included in what Allah sent down. We recited, memorized and comprehended it. The Messenger of Allah (S) accordingly (to what was in the verse) stoned to death (whoever committed adultery while being married), and we stoned after his death. [size=15pt]But I am afraid that after a long time passes, someone may say, 'We do not find the Verses of stoning in Allah's Book[/size], and thus they may go astray by abandoning an obligation that Allah has sent down. Verily, stoning is an obligation in the Book of Allah to be inflicted on married men and women who commit adultery, when their crime is proven, evident by pregnancy, or through the confession (of the adulterer).'

Ref: Sahih al-Bukhari

Kitab Hudood - Book of limit and punishment set by Allah

Chapter: The Rajm of a married lady pregnant through illegal sexual intercourse

Sahih al-Bukhari 6830
In-book reference : Book 86, Hadith 57
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 82, Hadith 817
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/86

# The implication of this is that uptill the Khilafah of Umar b. al-Khattab, "verse of stoning" was still part of the Quran. After all some sahih ahadith in Bukhari and Muslim testified Umar and Abu Bakr appointed Zaid to compiled Quran during the Khilafah of Abu Bakr.

#2. AISHAH ALSO TESTIFIED TO AYAT RAJM

It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

The Verse of stoning and of breastfeeding an adult ten times was revealed1, and the paper was with me under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah died, we were preoccupied with his death, and a tame sheep came in and ate it.”

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1944; Arabic reference : Book 9, Hadith 2020
http://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/9

Verse of Rajm - verse of stoning, is NOWHERE in the present Quran. Who removed it?

#3. IBN ABBAS

We read in Sahih al Bukhari [Arabic], Book of Tafseer, Hadith 5023:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
When the Verse:–{’And warn your tribe of near-kindred, and thy group of selected people among them (ورهطك منهم المخلصين )} was revealed Allah’s Apostle went out, and when he had ascended As-Safa mountain, he shouted, “O Sabahah!” The people said, “Who is that?” “Then they gathered around him, whereupon he said, “Do you see? If I inform you that cavalrymen are proceeding up the side of this mountain, will you believe me?” They said, “We have never heard you telling a lie.” Then he said, “I am a plain warner to you of a coming severe punishment.” Abu Lahab said, “May you perish! You gathered us only for this reason? ” Then Abu Lahab went away. So the “Surat:–ul–LAHAB” ‘Perish the hands of Abu Lahab!’ (111.1) was revealed.

Note: The cited version of Hadith can be read in Sahih Bukhari [English] Volume 6, Book 60, Number 495 but the English translator has failed to translate the portion i.e. ‘and thy group of selected people among them’.
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/65

# 4. IBN ABBAS

Imām al-Ṭaḥāwī (d. 361 H), in his Sharḥ Mushkil al-Athār (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risālah; 1st edition, 1415 H) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūṭ], vol. 4, p. 249, documents:

Ibn Abī Maryam – al-Firyābī – Sufyān – Shu’bah – Ja’far b. Iyās – Mujāhid:

Ibn ‘Abbās said concerning His Statement, the Almighty, the Most Glorious {You who have īmān! do not enter houses other than your own until you have asked permission [tasta-nisū] and greeted their inhabitants} [24:27]: “The scribes made a mistake. It is only {until you have asked permission [tasta-dhinū]}.."

Shaykh al-Arnaūṭ says about the report:

Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Here, Ibn ‘Abbās said that Qur’ān 24:27 contains a mistake, an error. He even gave the “correct” version of that āyah, and it is different from what we have today in the Qur’ān

NOTE: These are just FEW of authentic traditions of Ahlu Sunnah declaring there is Tahrif (distortions) in the Quran.

So the onus lies on you to either bring sahih evidences attributed to the Prophet, salallahu alayhi wa Ahli, which prove otherwise.

Farmerforlife:

The seven recitations of the Quran were dialect differences with the exact same meaning, which the prophet (ﷺ) stated was to make it lighter on the Arabs who spoke other dialects. No one was called upon to learn all 7 recitations, nor is there any evidence that the prophet himself (ﷺ) ever recited any qira'a other than the Qurayshi, which is what we have today, except for teaching those that found it easier to use. Again, by preventing the fitnah of conflicting recitations, Uthman (ra) simply left out those that were disemphasized by the prophet (ﷺ). This also is not tahreef, as the Quran is complete and present with us as the prophet (ﷺ) recited it in prayers and outside prayers.

I challenge you to submit sahih evidence that Prophet disemphasized the other six styles, if you are truthful.

Farmerforlife:

Your post is basically dishonest. So sorry.

Again, as you start your comment with insecure statement so you end it with same statement.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 13, 2016
AlBaqir:

Your opening statement revealed how insecure you are based on the fatawa of your Ulama. Anyway, I have beautifully explore the two contrasting opinions of your Shuyukh. You have the right to prove them wrong provided you have sahih evidence. My position as a follower of the school of Ahli Muhammad has been stated already.

There is no insecurity there. The ulama differed on the numbering of the Bismillah as a verse, not on its presence there.

AlBaqir:

However, saying boldly that Quran was not numbered at the time of Rasul or the sahabah simply suggests that the numbering as we have today is Bid'ah which of course is a misguidance which will lead to hell as sahih hadith states. Adding fuel to fire

This shows that you have little knowledge of the concept of bidah. For your information, the Quran is a recitation, and the mus-haf is a method used to make the recitation easier. Early on, there was not only no verse numbering, but also, no accent signs (short vowels) and the letters were unjoined. There were also no transliterations into other languages, no electronic masa-hef and no audio recitations. These were all later invented to make the recitation easier, as loud speakers are used today to make the adhan louder. The definition of bidah is not applicable here, as these are not fundamental acts of worship in themselves, but I doubt you will understand anyway.

All the hadith you quoted are either weak, or refer to abrogation. For example, the verse of rajm was originally in the Quran, and was abrogated by the prophet (ﷺ), which is why Umar (ra), as well as Aisha (ra) affirmed that it was no longer there soon after the prophet's death. All such narrations by the sahabah are examples of abrogation, and abrogation is by Allah before the revelation was completed (cit. Q2:106).

Furthermore, our Ulamah are unanimous in stating that anyone who asserts tahreef in the Quran is an unbeliever. What is your leaders' clear stance on this issue, please? Because to my knowledge, the twelver shia are the ONLY sect claiming that the Quran has been edited BY THE SAHABAH, and that their real Quran is in occultation with the mythical mahdi since 12centuries ago.

Virtually all the hadith which include verses of the Quran recited by the prophet (ﷺ) were in the Qurayshi harf. The only proof we have of other huruf is narrations of dispute between two sahabah who learnt different huruf, or an occasional narration from a sahabi like ibn Abbass (ra), or at the time of collating the Mus-haf. This shows that the prophet (ﷺ) did not often resort to these huruf, but taught them to select people.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2016
Farmerforlife:

There is no insecurity there. The ulama differed on the numbering of the Bismillah as a verse, not on its presence there.

Nobody seem talking about the boldgrin And when we talk about tahrif, you only succeeded in giving two examples out of many. The two fatawa of your Aimmah blew you up either way. Like I said you gave liberty to throw those fatawa or either of them into thrash can.

Farmerforlife:

This shows that you have little knowledge of the concept of bidah. For your information, the Quran is a recitation, and the mus-haf is a method used to make the recitation easier. Early on, there was not only no verse numbering, but also, no accent signs (short vowels) and the letters were unjoined. There were also no transliterations into other languages, no electronic masa-hef and no audio recitations. These were all later invented to make the recitation easier, as loud speakers are used today to make the adhan louder. The definition of bidah is not applicable here, as these are not fundamental acts of worship in themselves, but I doubt you will understand anyway.

Well I guess you are a more relaxed non-bidiatic fellow. I have no problem whatsoever with those. But Absolutely all you have said up there are plain Bid'ah if I am to pay wahabi-ideology back in their own coin.

Farmerforlife:

All the hadith you quoted are either weak, or refer to abrogation. For example, the verse of rajm was originally in the Quran, and was abrogated by the prophet (ﷺ), which is why Umar (ra), as well as Aisha (ra) affirmed that it was no longer there soon after the prophet's death. All such narrations by the sahabah are examples of abrogation, and abrogation is by Allah before the revelation was completed (cit. Q2:106).

# First, you need to prove their weakness if any otherwise you have no excuse trying to daif any of those hadith.

# You can see how you contradicts yourself big time. @bold, you said Prophet abrogated ayat rajm. @underlined, Only Allah abrogates. If ayat rajm was once part of the Quran and later erased, which verse replaces it? Today the hukm of rajam is still intact yet your ideology is the verse has been abrogated. Smh.

# Second, you can never distort Umar's clear statement. That statement will always be hujjah against you. Umar confessed that uptill the time of his Khilafah, the verse of stoning is still in the Quran recited. And he predicted that people will say after sometimes that it cannot be found in the Quran.

Please try again later bro.

Farmerforlife:

Furthermore, our Ulamah are unanimous in stating that anyone who asserts tahreef in the Quran is an unbeliever. What is your leaders' clear stance on this issue, please? Because to my knowledge, the twelver shia are the ONLY sect claiming that the Quran has been edited BY THE SAHABAH, and that their real Quran is in occultation with the mythical mahdi since 12centuries ago.

Kindly provide authentic Shi'i hadith with such statement. Simple!

Farmerforlife:

Virtually all the hadith which include verses of the Quran recited by the prophet (ﷺ) were in the Qurayshi harf. The only proof we have of other huruf is narrations of dispute between two sahabah who learnt different huruf, or an occasional narration from a sahabi like ibn Abbass (ra), or at the time of collating the Mus-haf. This shows that the prophet (ﷺ) did not often resort to these huruf, but taught them to select people.

That's tale by moonlight. Your hadith clearly confirmed 7 styles were revealed and completed for the Prophet by Jibril. Provide a single reference that it was Prophet himself that disemphasized the remaining six. After all that was your scholarly claim.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 13, 2016
AlBaqir:

Nobody seem talking about the boldgrin And when we talk about tahrif, you only succeeded in giving two examples out of many. The two fatawa of your Aimmah blew you up either way. Like I said you gave liberty to throw those fatawa or either of them into thrash can.

Well I guess you are a more relaxed non-bidiatic fellow. I have no problem whatsoever with those. But Absolutely all you have said up there are plain Bid'ah if I am to pay wahabi-ideology back in their own coin.

# First, you need to prove their weakness if any otherwise you have no excuse trying to daif any of those hadith.

# You can see how you contradicts yourself big time. @bold, you said Prophet abrogated ayat rajm. @underlined, Only Allah abrogates. If ayat rajm was once part of the Quran and later erased, which verse replaces it? Today the hukm of rajam is still intact yet your ideology is the verse has been abrogated. Smh.

# Second, you can never distort Umar's clear statement. That statement will always be hujjah against you. Umar confessed that uptill the time of his Khilafah, the verse of stoning is still in the Quran recited. And he predicted that people will say after sometimes that it cannot be found in the Quran.

Please try again later bro.

Kindly provide authentic Shi'i hadith with such statement. Simple!

That's tale by moonlight. Your hadith clearly confirmed 7 styles were revealed and completed for the Prophet by Jibril. Provide a single reference that it was Prophet himself that disemphasized the remaining six. After all that was your scholarly claim.

Joining issues with you is obviously going to be a waste of time as you are deliberately trying to conflate issues and prolong the argument by intentionally misinterpreting what I state or looking for little tidbits of semantic flaws in my statements. Where a mistype of 'the prophet (ﷺ) abrogated it' becomes a basis for a 2 paragraph refutation, even though you very well understand that I meant that Allah abrogated it during the prophet's lifetime....duuh.

Secondly, at no point did Umar (ra) state that the verse of rajm was in the Quran until his khilafah, only that the the propht (ﷺ) stoned and Abubakr (ra) and he also stoned. The verse was lifted during the time if the prophet (ﷺ).

Next, numbering the verses is not a bidaa in the Salafist school of thought or any other. I do not expect you to understand the concept of bidaa, and you did not disappoint me. How could a shiite know about bidaa?

Lol at your demands for authentic shia hadith. There are simply none. In 12 centuries, the shia leaders have never compiled a book of hadith that they consider to be authentic. There are two explanations for these, either all your Ayatollahs are too lazy or busy sharing people's salaries of which they steal one fifth as khumus, or they are deliberately doing so to reserve the right to authenticate today and weaken tomorrow as they please, while keeping their laity in the dark. Pls dont ask me about authentic shia hadith again, because there are none. If you want shia stories about the Quran tahreef by the sahabah, read atTabrasi's 'scholarly' book quoting two thousand of these (by his own reckoning). Your apologist 'Ayatollah' Kamal Hydari has stated in a youtube video recently that there are more shia narrations proving the tahreef of the Quran than there are proving the imamah. I watched Qazwini also stating that the verses had been changed by the sahabah, and he even gave the 'right' recitation of the verse. Practically all your leaders believe this, and you know it, and I notice that you refuse to tell us what your leaders say concerning those who state that the Quran has been corrupted.

We are getting nowhere with this. Obviously, your agenda is to create doubt and shubuhaat in the minds of Muslims and attract unwary people to your creed of polytheism and vulgarity. For this, I have only one thing to say to you, the prophet (ﷺ) was not sent to take us out of idol worship to imam worship, but to monotheism. Nor did he promise that the way to paradise is by legalising promiscuity, lying and emotional orgies of self flagellation, head banging and shedding of copious quantities of crocodile tears. All your 11 'imams' were Sunni scholars who followed the sunnah of the prophet (ﷺ) and the khulafaa arRashideen after him.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by MrOlai: 11:23pm On May 13, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Joining issues with you is obviously going to be a waste of time as you are deliberately trying to conflate issues and prolong the argument by intentionally misinterpreting what I state or looking for little tidbits of semantic flaws in my statements. Where a mistype of 'the prophet (ﷺ) abrogated it' becomes a basis for a 2 paragraph refutation, even though you very well understand that I meant that Allah abrogated it during the prophet's lifetime....duuh.
Secondly, at no point did Umar (ra) state that the verse of rajm was in the Quran until his khilafah, only that the the propht (ﷺ) stoned and Abubakr (ra) and he also stoned. The verse was lifted during the time if the prophet (ﷺ).
Next, numbering the verses is not a bidaa in the Salafist school of thought or any other. I do not expect you to understand the concept of bidaa, and you did not disappoint me. How could a shiite know about bidaa?
Lol at your demands for authentic shia hadith. There are simply none. In 12 centuries, the shia leaders have never compiled a book of hadith that they consider to be authentic. There are two explanations for these, either all your Ayatollahs are too lazy or busy sharing people's salaries of which they steal one fifth as khumus, or they are deliberately doing so to reserve the right to authenticate today and weaken tomorrow as they please, while keeping their laity in the dark. Pls dont ask me about authentic shia hadith again, because there are none. If you want shia stories about the Quran tahreef by the sahabah, read atTabrasi's 'scholarly' book quoting two thousand of these (by his own reckoning). Your apologist 'Ayatollah' Kamal Hydari has stated in a youtube video recently that there are more shia narrations proving the tahreef of the Quran than there are proving the imamah. I watched Qazwini also stating that the verses had been changed by the sahabah, and he even gave the 'right' recitation of the verse. Practically all your leaders believe this, and you know it, and I notice that you refuse to tell us what your leaders say concerning those who state that the Quran has been corrupted.
We are getting nowhere with this. Obviously, your agenda is to create doubt and shubuhaat in the minds of Muslims and attract unwary people to your creed of polytheism and vulgarity. For this, I have only one thing to say to you, the prophet (ﷺ) was not sent to take us out of idol worship to imam worship, but to monotheism. Nor did he promise that the way to paradise is by legalising promiscuity, lying and emotional orgies of self flagellation, head banging and shedding of copious quantities of crocodile tears. All your 11 'imams' were Sunni scholars who followed the sunnah of the prophet (ﷺ) and the khulafaa arRashideen after him.

Jazakumullah khaeran my brother.

Please, I'll advice u not to join issue with him(Albaqir) except when it is neccessary to make clarification in order to protect people from being misled by his antics. Don't give him attention at all. He is a chronic shia. He has called Abubakr, Umar, Uthman, Aisha and other prominent Sahaba(R.A. Ajmain) munafiqun here times without number. He has rained curses on them here several times.

He is only looking unsuspecting muslims to deceive into his shi'ism. It's better not to give him attention at all so that all his evil plans would just die naturally within few minutes.

If you want to know more about him, just check his account profile. Check all his topics and post. You'll see all the evils he has said about the noble Companions and wives of the Prophet(SAW). He has accused Aisha and Hafsah(R.A.) of poisoning the Prophet(SAW) to death simply because they are daughters of Abubakr and Umar(R.A).

Please, just avoid him.

Jazakumullah khaeran once again for your contributions.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 12:10am On May 14, 2016
Farmerforlife:

"Sorry" is an understatement for your predicament. It is when people like you are cornered that you begin to redress. Don't forget at another thread, you boldly and confidently said no sahabah refused to pay allegiance to Abubakar. As usual with your redressing after being cornered, you said, "when I said ALL sahabah, I (only) meant the prominent sahabah. What a dishonest fellow.

Farmerforlife:

I have quoted with reference Umar's sermon. You can re-read if you miss something or you can repost the hadith to expose my submission.

Farmerforlife:

How did your Salafi cult defines "Bid'ah" to begin with?

Farmerforlife:

First, You can add all that cries^ to your long list of regrets. @underlined, kindly keep mute if you cannot.

# What is obvious about ahadith on tahrif is that both Sunni and Shi'i traditions about tahrif are Mutawattir with Sunni having the largest share. How both school treat those junks is what matter not dodging that those ahadith never exist.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 12:14am On May 14, 2016
MrOlai:

Please, I'll advice u not to join issue with him(Albaqir) except when it is neccessary to make clarification in order to protect people from being mislead by his antics. Don't give him attention at all. He is a chronic shia. He has called Abubakr, Umar, Uthman, Aisha and other prominent Sahaba(R.A. Ajmain) munafiqun here times without number. He has rained curses on them here several times.

He is only looking unsuspecting muslims to deceive into his shi'ism. It's better not to give him attention at all so that all his evil plans would just die naturally within few minutes.

If you want to know more about him, just check his account profile. Check all his topics and post. You'll see all the evils he has said about the noble Companions and wives of the Prophet(SAW). He has accused Aisha and Hafsah(R.A.) of poisoning the Prophet(SAW) to death simply because they are daughters of Abubakr and Umar(R.A).

Please, just avoid him.

Really I thought after a long period of absence, where I guess you go for rehabilitation, I thought your sickness would have gone but obviously its increasing. May Allah cure you.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by ShiaMuslim: 11:20am On May 14, 2016
AlBaqir:

Really I thought after a long period of absence, where I guess you go for rehabilitation, I thought your sickness would have gone but obviously its increasing. May Allah cure you.

kiss cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy kiss
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Empiree: 3:44am On May 17, 2016
This is honestly trivial issue borne out of jealousy btw Sunni/Shia. There is ONLY ONE Quran believed by ALL sects in Islam. Anything else is schism headed by shaytan.

Sunnis for the 1400 years never excommunicated Shia. It is only in recent years certain group in Sunnism began to excommunicate shi'i.

I declare my innocence from this type of argument. Both sides are GUILTY.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 17, 2016
MrOlai:

Please, I'll advice u not to join issue with him(Albaqir) except when it is neccessary to make clarification in order to protect people from being misled by his antics. Don't give him attention at all. He is a chronic shia. He has called Abubakr, Umar, Uthman, Aisha and other prominent Sahaba(R.A. Ajmain) munafiqun here times without number. He has rained curses on them here several times.

Please, just avoid him.

Oh, I am familiar with the shia method of fixating on pointless shubuhaat to create confusion in the minds of Muslims through endless argument. They are paid agents trained in the hawzaat of Iran and sent to different countries to engage unwary Muslims in endless argument. The intention of their founder ibn Sabaa' the Jew has been to destroy Islam from within, targetting the ignorant. I have no real interest in them. If any Muslim tells me that he is getting doubts about whether they are right, I just point him/her to Youtube to watch numerous videos on shia denial of Allah, their generally evil and immoral mannered Ayatollats, and their statements on 'corruption' of the Quran caught for eternity on video for all to see. There are also excellent websites like www.youpuncturedtheark. www.twelvershia.net etc. if you prefer reading, although I advice at least some enlightening shia-exposing videos like anti-majos and shiaterminator among others which you can search for on youtube. Generally, the brother or sister's eye quickly opens. Some even become such vehement anti-shia that I sometimes have to cool them down on social media, lol. Arguing with them on fora like this just turns to "I say, you say". And they have one advantage over us in this type of argument which most ahlulSunnah brothers dont consider... the shia can and do engage in outright falsehood, lie about the prophet (ﷺ), engage in blatant tadlees of hadith, and generally behave in despicable conduct believing that Allah is rewarding them for their falsehood, whereas we cant. In the words of imam asShaf'ee (may Allah have Mercy on him)...

"I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah."
[narrated by Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi/Al-Kifayah]

Allahul musta'an.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 17, 2016
Empiree:
This is honestly trivial issue borne out of jealousy btw Sunni/Shia. There is ONLY ONE Quran believed by ALL sects in Islam. Anything else is schism headed by shaytan.

Sunnis for the 1400 years never excommunicated Shia. It is only in recent years certain group in Sunnism began to excommunicate shi'i.

I declare my innocence from this type of argument. Both sides are GUILTY.

You are wrong at bolded. The Twelver Shia, or Rafidha have been considered kuffar as far back as their first founder, who by all accounts was exiled or killed by Ali ibn abi Talib (ra) along with his followers. This is from the mouths of Shia scholars like anNawbakhti in his 'firaq asShia' or the shia book of rijaal... 'rijaal alkishshi'. I have many of these books downloaded on pdf. All leaders of maddhabs , almost all scholars have declared the Rafidha Shia heretics. Just scroll down to the bottom of the following link and you can see Maliki, Shafee, Hanafee and Hanbalee fatwas on them, 11 centuries before sheikh Muhammad bin AbdulWahhab (may Allah bestow His mercy upon him)...

http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/why-rafidi-12er-shiism-is-a-religionmadhab-of-kufr-and-zandaqah-(heresy)/

As a by the way, if you believe that the shia believe in our Quran, then you need to read the book by Hussein Nuri atTabrasi, a Shia muhaddith, titled 'faslul khitab fi tahreef kitab rabul arbab'... ie a narrative on the corruption in the Book of the Lord of lords...ie the Quran. Available for pdf download in Arabic with a Muslim scholar's commentary here...

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vb/showthread.php?t=191700

Luckily, we can access all their books and video lectures now. Taqiyyah has become really difficult. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by MrOlai: 10:52pm On May 17, 2016
Farmerforlife:

You are wrong at bolded. The Twelver Shia, or Rafidha have been considered kuffar as far back as their first founder, who by all accounts was exiled or killed by Ali ibn abi Talib (ra) along with his followers. This is from the mouths of Shia scholars like anNawbakhti in his 'firaq asShia' or the shia book of rijaal... 'rijaal alkishshi'. I have many of these books downloaded on pdf. All leaders of maddhabs , almost all scholars have declared the Rafidha Shia heretics. Just scroll down to the bottom of the following link and you can see Maliki, Shafee, Hanafee and Hanbalee fatwas on them, 11 centuries before sheikh Muhammad bin AbdulWahhab (may Allah bestow His mercy upon him)...
http://forum.twelvershia.net/general-sunni-vs-shia/why-rafidi-12er-shiism-is-a-religionmadhab-of-kufr-and-zandaqah-(heresy)/
As a by the way, if you believe that the shia believe in our Quran, then you need to read the book by Hussein Nuri atTabrasi, a Shia muhaddith, titled 'faslul khitab fi tahreef kitab rabul arbab'... ie a narrative on the corruption in the Book of the Lord of lords...ie the Quran. Available for pdf download in Arabic with a Muslim scholar's commentary here...
Luckily, we can access all their books and video lectures now. Taqiyyah has become really difficult. Enjoy.

Farmerforlife:

Oh, I am familiar with the shia method of fixating on pointless shubuhaat to create confusion in the minds of Muslims through endless argument. They are paid agents trained in the hawzaat of Iran and sent to different countries to engage unwary Muslims in endless argument. The intention of their founder ibn Sabaa' the Jew has been to destroy Islam from within, targetting the ignorant. I have no real interest in them. If any Muslim tells me that he is getting doubts about whether they are right, I just point him/her to Youtube to watch numerous videos on shia denial of Allah, their generally evil and immoral mannered Ayatollats, and their statements on 'corruption' of the Quran caught for eternity on video for all to see. There are also excellent websites like www.youpuncturedtheark. www.twelvershia.net etc. if you prefer reading, although I advice at least some enlightening shia-exposing videos like anti-majos and shiaterminator among others which you can search for on youtube. Generally, the brother or sister's eye quickly opens. Some even become such vehement anti-shia that I sometimes have to cool them down on social media, lol. Arguing with them on fora like this just turns to "I say, you say". And they have one advantage over us in this type of argument which most ahlulSunnah brothers dont consider... the shia can and do engage in outright falsehood, lie about the prophet (ﷺ), engage in blatant tadlees of hadith, and generally behave in despicable conduct believing that Allah is rewarding them for their falsehood, whereas we cant. In the words of imam asShaf'ee (may Allah have Mercy on him)...
"I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Rafidah."
Allahul musta'an.

Ma sha Allah my brother!
Jazakumullah khaeran!
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by MrOlai: 7:50am On May 18, 2016
Farmerforlife:

The Twelver Shia, or Rafidha have been considered kuffar as far back as their first founder, who by all accounts was exiled or killed by Ali ibn abi Talib (ra) along with his followers.
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Allahul musta'an.

grin So, that makes virtually all the ahadith in Sahihain (Bukhari and Muslim not to mention other sihahu), Da'if jiddan or Mawdoo, very weak or fabricated. Some of the leading narrators in your kutubu sittah were Rafidha, obviously you don't know that grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 8:38am On May 18, 2016
Farmerforlife:

He, who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. If unsubstantiated opinion of a scholar can be used unwisely to represent the belief of all, then whatever is good for the goose is equally good for the ganger.

DOUBLE STANDARD

Shaykh Muḥammad Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Laṭīf Ibn al-Khaṭīb (died 1981 CE), one of the Sunnī scholars of Egypt, wrote a book called al-Furqān – first published in 1948 in Cairo by Dār al-Kutub al-Miṣriyyah, and then later re-published in Beirut by Dār al-Kutub al-‘Ilmiyyah – to prove that taḥrīf truly took place. The book is 247 pages long; and in it, he has gathered Sunnī reports which support taḥrīf in it. Whosoever wishes to download that book in a scanned, PDF version should click this link( http://www.4shared.com/get/B0haEOof/___________.html).

In Egypt, Ibn al-Khaṭīb was a member of the Qur’ān Society, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Supreme Ṣūfī Council, and the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs. Therefore, he was not an obscure figure.

What about your salafs?
# Imām Sa’īd b. Manṣūr (d. 227 H) reports in his Sunan (Riyadh: Dār al-Ṣamī’ī; 1st edition, 1414 H) [annotator: Dr. Sa’d b. ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Abd al-‘Azīz Āl Ḥumayyid], vol. 4, p. 1507, # 769:

Sa’īd – Abū Mu’āwiyah – Hishām b. ‘Urwah – his father (‘Urwah), who said:

I asked ‘Āishah concerning the grammatical errors of the Qur’ān: (Surely, those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Sabians [al-ṣābiūn]) [5:69], (And those who perform [al-muqīmīn] ṣalāt and give zakāt) [4:162] and (Verily, these two [hadhān] are magicians) [20:63]. So, she said, “O son of my sister, this is the handiwork of the scribes. They made mistakes in the Book.”

Dr. Sa’d Āl Ḥumayyid says: Its chain is apparently ṣaḥīḥ.

This ṣaḥīḥ Sunnī report suggests that Umm al-Mūminīn ‘Āishah believed that the Qur’ān in our hands contains grammatical errors, caused by the mistakes of the scribes who copied its manuscripts. Is that not taḥrīf ?!

# Moreover, Imām al-Ṭaḥāwī (d. 361 H) documents in his Sharḥ Mushkil al-Athār (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risālah; 1st edition, 1415 H) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūṭ], vol. 4, p. 249:

Ibn ‘Abbās said concerning His Statement, the Almighty, the Most Glorious {You who have īmān! do not enter houses other than your own until you have asked permission [tasta-nisū] and greeted their inhabitants} [24:27]: “The scribes made a mistake. It is only {until you have asked permission [tasta-dhinū]}.”

Shaykh al-Arnaūṭ comments: Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Here, Ibn ‘Abbās (may Allāh be pleased with him) declared that the Qur’ān, as we know it, contains a mistake of the scribes. That is not taḥrīf, abi?

* These are pinch out of mountainous bag logs of evidence of Tahrif in Sunni sources
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by sino(m): 12:01pm On May 18, 2016
@AlBaqir, If you had any iota of decency and shame, you would not bring the above as a counter to what your scholars had documented in your books and widely believed by you shi'a. This tactics you are employing clearly shows you also believe as your aytollahs and shuyukhs as documented on this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/3071287/discussing-reality-crisis-between-shia

Proof that any of the sahabahs, salafs, khalafs believed that the Qur'an with us is corrupt and incomplete like your ayatollahs and shuyukhs believe and stop all this already debunked instances you keep bringing...for anyone who likes to read the stand of the ahl Sunnah in regards to corruption of the Qur'an please read: http://twelvershia.net/2015/11/25/defense-sunni-view-quran/

I boldly state, anyone who believes the Qur'an with us is corrupted and incomplete, and by extension believes that one Imam in occulation has the complete Qur'an is a KAFIR!

Allah (SWT) promised to protect the Qur'an, Allah (SWT) never fails in His promises.

Your sect has been exposed bro, your lies and deceit are open for all to see and read, gone are the days of employing taqqiyah!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2016
^Once you finish barking, you will answer how Umm al-mu'minin Aisha and Abdullah ibn Abbas confirmed there are errors in the Quran as a result of scribe's mistakes. On your never ends copy-pasted thread, there are lists of evidences that exposed your Salaf and their thought on Tahrif documented as sihah (from Umar ibn al-Khattab, Ibn Mas'ud, Ibn Umar et al) but as usual with your die-hard attitudes of double standard and of late foul-mouthed languages, I expect nothing better. We have made our submissions clearer that Any Ayatullah or Shia scholar that believe and preaches Tahrif (in the Quran), does not confirm or hold the view of other Shia scholars or individuals who share contrary opinion. Unfortunately in your world of ignorance, such scholar (who believe tahrif) represent the whole shia world but those of yours that equally confirmed tahrif do not represent your entire manhaj. Sickness!

As far as Shi'i school is concern, there is no Taqlid in Aqeedah based issues. Only in fiqh that Taqlid is allowed
http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2116/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
AlBaqir:

He, who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. If unsubstantiated opinion of a scholar can be used unwisely to represent the belief of all, then whatever is good for the goose is equally good for the ganger.

DOUBLE STANDARD

Shaykh Muḥammad Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Laṭīf Ibn al-Khaṭīb (died 1981 CE), one of the Sunnī scholars of Egypt, wrote a book called al-Furqān – first published in 1948 in Cairo by Dār al-Kutub al-Miṣriyyah, and then later re-published in Beirut by Dār al-Kutub al-‘Ilmiyyah – to prove that taḥrīf truly took place. The book is 247 pages long; and in it, he has gathered Sunnī reports which support taḥrīf in it. Whosoever wishes to download that book in a scanned, PDF version should click this link( http://www.4shared.com/get/B0haEOof/___________.html).

In Egypt, Ibn al-Khaṭīb was a member of the Qur’ān Society, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Supreme Ṣūfī Council, and the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs. Therefore, he was not an obscure figure.

What about your salafs?
# Imām Sa’īd b. Manṣūr (d. 227 H) reports in his Sunan (Riyadh: Dār al-Ṣamī’ī; 1st edition, 1414 H) [annotator: Dr. Sa’d b. ‘Abd Allāh b. ‘Abd al-‘Azīz Āl Ḥumayyid], vol. 4, p. 1507, # 769:

Sa’īd – Abū Mu’āwiyah – Hishām b. ‘Urwah – his father (‘Urwah), who said:

I asked ‘Āishah concerning the grammatical errors of the Qur’ān: (Surely, those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Sabians [al-ṣābiūn]) [5:69], (And those who perform [al-muqīmīn] ṣalāt and give zakāt) [4:162] and (Verily, these two [hadhān] are magicians) [20:63]. So, she said, “O son of my sister, this is the handiwork of the scribes. They made mistakes in the Book.”

Dr. Sa’d Āl Ḥumayyid says: Its chain is apparently ṣaḥīḥ.

This ṣaḥīḥ Sunnī report suggests that Umm al-Mūminīn ‘Āishah believed that the Qur’ān in our hands contains grammatical errors, caused by the mistakes of the scribes who copied its manuscripts. Is that not taḥrīf ?!

# Moreover, Imām al-Ṭaḥāwī (d. 361 H) documents in his Sharḥ Mushkil al-Athār (Beirut: Muasassat al-Risālah; 1st edition, 1415 H) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūṭ], vol. 4, p. 249:

Ibn ‘Abbās said concerning His Statement, the Almighty, the Most Glorious {You who have īmān! do not enter houses other than your own until you have asked permission [tasta-nisū] and greeted their inhabitants} [24:27]: “The scribes made a mistake. It is only {until you have asked permission [tasta-dhinū]}.”

Shaykh al-Arnaūṭ comments: Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Here, Ibn ‘Abbās (may Allāh be pleased with him) declared that the Qur’ān, as we know it, contains a mistake of the scribes. That is not taḥrīf, abi?

* These are pinch out of mountainous bag logs of evidence of Tahrif in Sunni sources

First, the man (if he exists at all, I could not find him after searching google) is a Sufi according to you, the likes of ibn Arabi and Ahmad Tijjani likely, so if you have any issues with his book of tahreef, assuming he really mentioned those stories with the intention of getting people to believe them, take it up with Empiree. You spare no effort in dividing Sunnis into wahhabis, salafists, sufis, and other when it fits your narrative, but you seem to have no problems with lumping them all together when it fits your desires. I have no hesitation in observing that our ulama have stated clearly that ANYONE who affirms corruption of the Quran is a kaffir. What of your leaders? Do they affirm this?

As for the rest of the drivel you perpetually use as filler to bulk up your comments, I did not even read it. Probably it is the same morass of half lies, weak 'ahadith' and tadlees, combined with narrations concerning abrogation that you aways try to defend your belief in tahreef with.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2016
Farmerforlife:

First, the man is a Sufi heretic, the likes of ibn Arabi and Ahmad Tijjani likely, so if you have any issues with his book of tahreef, take it up with Empiree. You spare no effort in dividing Sunnis into wahhabis, salafists, sufis, and other when it fits your narrative, but you seem to have no problems with lumping them all together when it fits your desires. I have no hesitation in observing that our ulama have stated clearly that ANYONE who affirms corruption of the Quran is a kaffir. What of your leaders? Do they affirm this?

grin Sufi ko, Diqbandi Ni. That's how thief like you hide once you are cornered.

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah, further states in his Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 12, p. 492:
http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/304.html

"Moreover, a lot of the Salaf made mistakes in a lot of these issues, and they agreed not to make takfīr on account of that. For instance, some of the Ṣaḥābah denied that the dead could hear the call of the living, and some of them denied that the mi’rāj took place in a state of wakefulness, and some of them denied that Muḥammad saw his Lord, and the opinion of some of them concerning the khilāfah and superiority (among them) is well-known. Likewise, there are well-known statements from some of them about the fighting of some others among them, the cursing of some others among them, and the total takfīr against some others among them.

Qāḍī Shurayḥ used to deny the qirāat of those who recited bal ‘ajibttu (“Nay, I wondered”) [37:12] and used to say that Allāh never wondered. This reached Ibrāhīm al-Nakha’ī and he said, “Shurayḥ is only a poet, who is dazzled by his knowledge. ‘Abd Allāh was more knowledgeable than him and he used to recite bal ajibttu.” So, he had denied a well-established qirāat and also denied a Divine Attribute which is proved by the Book and the Sunnah. Yet, the Ummah are unanimous that he was one of the Imāms.

Some of the Salaf were like that too. Some of them denied expressions used in the Qur’ān. For instance, one of them denied His Statement afalam yay-as al-ladhīna āmanū [13:31] and said, “It is only awalam yatabayan al-ladhīna āmanū.” Another (from the Salaf) denied the qirāat of His Statement wa qaḍā Rabbuka al-lā ta’budū’ ila iyyāhu [17:23] and said, “It is only wawaṣā Rabbuka.” One of them also expunged Sūrat al-Falaq and Sūrat al-Nās (from the Qur’ān), and another wrote Sūrat al-Qunūt, and this was an error by consensus and mutawātir reports
."

Farmerforlife:

As for the rest of the drivel you perpetually use as filler to bulk up your comments, I did not even read it. Probably it is the same morass of half lies and tadlees, .

As usual. Get cornered, tender silly excuse! The onus is on you to verify whether Umm al-mu'minin Aisha or hazrat Ibn Abbas did not made those submissions confirming errors in the Quran.

Farmerforlife:

combined with narratioms concerning abrogation that you aways try to defend your belief in tahreef with.

Abrogation ko, supplication Ni. We have, for example, submitted Umar ibn al-khattab's sermon where he confirmed ayat rajm being part of the Quran during his khilafah. Prove Umar wrong in this heresy for he predicated in the sermon that a time will emerge where people will say they cannot find ayat rajm in the Quran. Nothing like that exist.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Empiree: 5:49pm On May 18, 2016
You are both guilty. I'm not interested in this thread. I have stated my fact earlier. This whole thing as I have said earlier is borne out jealousy, schism. No muslims including shia believe Qur'an is incomplete or corrupted.

I don't rely on books too much. Anyone can write anything. I'm not gonna be dogmatic by siding with sunni and salafi just bcus we think we are always correct. Now, someone mentioned above that

"anyone who believes Qur'an is incomplete or corrupted is a kafir".

Isn't reported in the Sahih hadith that many sunnis and salafis believe that THERE USED TO BE VERSE OF RAJAM in the Qur'an?. What is USED TO. BE?. What does that suggests to us as muslims?. Sheik Imran trashed that nonsense and threw it in the garbage bin.

Let me clear that a little. I watched a sheikh on YouTube giving live lecture on nigeria tv network. He called himself "salafi saliheen". He's a close friend of Sheik Akindele. When he was talking about RAJAM- stoning, he said the verse was removed from Quran as reported in the hadith. I just shook my head. So isn't same thing farmerforlife critisized shia of just now? . Aren't you all guilty now?. I can endavor to bring up the video provided I have time. So by standard used against shia here, is he a kafir for saying and believing that or not?.

Until we realised that this argument we keep bringing up will do us no good. Past ulama that farmerforlife quoted had their faults. Keep quoting them is pretty much irrelevant to me. They made mistakes and our generation carry that along. Goodluck!

I also notice farmerforlife really don't give a fig leaf about ibn Arabi and Ahmad Tijani (ra). You declared them heretics just bcus they are tagged SUFI. So why do you want others to respect your scholars like ibn Taymiyyah, bin baz, etc (ra) when you people have no iota respect for other's views?.

Albaqir also cited from sunni books. Whether he misquoted or misunderstood them is another subject. Point is, he did just the same thing you did. So you all guilty.

I don't attach myself with books written by humans and not protected by Allah. These books are bound to be faulted.

Sorry I'm not interested in imam xyz said this or that. I have adopted Sheik Imran Hussein methodology and he's a SUFI. YES A SUFI BUT HE GOT SENSE FAR BETTER THAN THOSE WHO ARE NOW CLAIMING MONOPOLY OVER ISLAM. AND THEY CALLED THEMSELVES SALAFIS. You don't need to accuse albaqir of dividing muslims into sunni, salafi, sufi. Your ulama already did that successfully.

Now, how do these arguments back n fourth improve our iman?. I don't learn anything. Like sheik imran once said:

"I went to Iran and had debate with shia Ulama. I asked them if they believe our current Qur'an is corrupted or incomplete? They said LA! NO!".

Sheik Imran further said anything else btw sunni and Shia is hatred, schism and jealousy for each other. There was NEVER UNANIMOUSLY IJMA that shia are kufar. We sould rather condemn individuals who might transgressed.

My point, so long as we have US vs THEM metality muslims will forever be underdogs. So keep it up about shia are kufar. It isn't going to get you anywhere. Now don't tell me I don't know shia or that their taqqiya worked on me.

I'm not here to defend them either.

Allah's help us sought
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 18, 2016
AlBaqir:

grin Sufi ko, Diqbandi Ni. That's how thief like you hide once you are cornered.

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah, further states in his Majmū’ al-Fatāwā, vol. 12, p. 492:
http://islamport.com/d/3/tym/1/40/304.html

"Moreover, a lot of the Salaf made mistakes in a lot of these issues, and they agreed not to make takfīr on account of that. For instance, some of the Ṣaḥābah denied that the dead could hear the call of the living, and some of them denied that the mi’rāj took place in a state of wakefulness, and some of them denied that Muḥammad saw his Lord, and the opinion of some of them concerning the khilāfah and superiority (among them) is well-known. Likewise, there are well-known statements from some of them about the fighting of some others among them, the cursing of some others among them, and the total takfīr against some others among them.

Qāḍī Shurayḥ used to deny the qirāat of those who recited bal ‘ajibttu (“Nay, I wondered”) [37:12] and used to say that Allāh never wondered. This reached Ibrāhīm al-Nakha’ī and he said, “Shurayḥ is only a poet, who is dazzled by his knowledge. ‘Abd Allāh was more knowledgeable than him and he used to recite bal ajibttu.” So, he had denied a well-established qirāat and also denied a Divine Attribute which is proved by the Book and the Sunnah. Yet, the Ummah are unanimous that he was one of the Imāms.

Some of the Salaf were like that too. Some of them denied expressions used in the Qur’ān. For instance, one of them denied His Statement afalam yay-as al-ladhīna āmanū [13:31] and said, “It is only awalam yatabayan al-ladhīna āmanū.” Another (from the Salaf) denied the qirāat of His Statement wa qaḍā Rabbuka al-lā ta’budū’ ila iyyāhu [17:23] and said, “It is only wawaṣā Rabbuka.” One of them also expunged Sūrat al-Falaq and Sūrat al-Nās (from the Qur’ān), and another wrote Sūrat al-Qunūt, and this was an error by consensus and mutawātir reports
."

'Some of the salaf'? Qa'i Shuray one of the imams? Is that on facebook? And may I ask what the ibn Taimiyyah discourse above had to do with tahreef of the Quran? Do you even know the meaning of mutawatir? And are you going to give me an answer on what your leaders say concerning those who say the Quran is corrupt?

AlBaqir:

As usual. Get cornered, tender silly excuse! The onus is on you to verify whether Umm al-mu'minin Aisha or hazrat Ibn Abbas did not made those submissions confirming errors in the Quran.

Abrogation ko, supplication Ni. We have, for example, submitted Umar ibn al-khattab's sermon where he confirmed ayat rajm being part of the Quran during his khilafah. Prove Umar wrong in this heresy for he predicated in the sermon that a time will emerge where people will say they cannot find ayat rajm in the Quran. Nothing like that exist.

Alhamdulillah you have admitted that Aisha is umm ulMu'mineen. That hadith was specifically declared weak by imam adDhahabi in Meezan ul Itidaal...

"This narrative is reported by Abu Mu`awiyah Mohammad ibn Khazim al-Tamimi al-Dharir al-Kufi to Ibn Hamid or Ibn Humaid. According to Abdullah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal, his father Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: Abu Muawiyah's narrations except those reported by Al-Aa`mash, are not reliable. Likewise, Abu Dawood states: I asked Ahmad ibn Hanbal: what do you think about the narratives of Hisham ibn `Urwah (another narrator in this narrative) that are reported by Abu Muawiyah? He replied: These narratives include such narratives that are not reliable. According to Ibn Kharrash, narratives reported by Abu Muawiyah are dependable if they come through Al-Aa`mash" end.

As for the hadith of ibn Abbass (ra) who is actually a member of ahlul bayt, and which is actually lifted from tafseer ibn katheer but which shias dont cite because ibn Katheer stated that "this narration is extremely strange" from ibn Abbass, and ibn Hibban weakened it outrightly. So shias tend to cite obscure books when pointing out this hadith rather than just say that it is in ibn katheer and atTabari. So, just as I said earlier, half-lies and weak ahadith. Typical MO. I should have not wasted my time. And just to save you and save myself some more time, UNLIKE DOZENS OF SHIA LEADERS (not just one as you tried to insinuate), NO SUNNI SCHOLAR WOULD AUTHENTICATE A HADITH THAT SAYS THE QURAN IS CORRUPT... sorry for the caps. If the ulama say that a hadith has a good chain on the condition of such and such, this does not mean that the hadith is sahih. A good chain is not the only criteria for having an authentic hadith.

Finally and for the umpteenth time, at no point did Umar (ra) say that the verse of rajm remained until his khilafah. Point out the phrase explicitly that said that. This is your own citation of the hadith...

'Umar bin al-Khattab (RAA) narrated that he addressed the people and said, 'Verily Allah has sent Muhammad with the Truth and sent down the Book to him, and the verse of stoning was included in what Allah sent down. We recited, memorized and comprehended it. The Messenger of Allah (S) accordingly (to what was in the verse) stoned to death (whoever committed adultery while being married), and we stoned after his death. But I am afraid that after a long time passes, someone may say, 'We do not find the Verses of stoning in Allah's Book, and thus they may go astray by abandoning an obligation that Allah has sent down. Verily, stoning is an obligation in the Book of Allah to be inflicted on married men and women who commit adultery, when their crime is proven, evident by pregnancy, or through the confession (of the adulterer).'

Where does Umar (ra) say that it was recited in his khilfah? Did you not do English comprehension in secondary school? He said it was part of the Book of Allah, and he is wary that in future, people would not stone because it had been abrogated from the Quran, and that it was the practice of the prophet (ﷺ), Abubakr and himself therefore an eatablished sunnah. Is that simple enough for you or should I further simplify? SMH.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2016
Farmerforlife:

'Some of the salaf'? Qa'i Shuray one of the imams? Is that on facebook? And may I ask what the ibn Taimiyyah discourse above had to do with tahreef of the Quran? Do you even know the meaning of mutawatir? And are you going to give me an answer on what your leaders say concerning those who say the Quran is corrupt?

You better remove the chewing gum on your eyes and stop disgracing yourself. Your Imam Ibn Taymiyyah "just" exposed some of your salaf.

Farmerforlife:

Alhamdulillah you have admitted that Aisha is umm ulMu'mineen. That hadith was specifically declared weak by imam adDhahabi in Meezan ul Itidaal...

"This narrative is reported by Abu Mu`awiyah Mohammad ibn Khazim al-Tamimi al-Dharir al-Kufi to Ibn Hamid or Ibn Humaid. According to Abdullah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal, his father Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: Abu Muawiyah's narrations except those reported by Al-Aa`mash, are not reliable. Likewise, Abu Dawood states: I asked Ahmad ibn Hanbal: what do you think about the narratives of Hisham ibn `Urwah (another narrator in this narrative) that are reported by Abu Muawiyah? He replied: These narratives include such narratives that are not reliable. According to Ibn Kharrash, narratives reported by Abu Muawiyah are dependable if they come through Al-Aa`mash" end.

Try harder. There is absolutely no doubt about anyone in that chain. All rookie stunt above is your formulation. We have given source to the hadith and its tahqiq. The submission of confirming the accuracy of the chain is clearly exposed in the Tahqiq of Dr. Sa'd al-Humayyid. It is your responsibility to look up the exposition.

Farmerforlife:

As for the hadith of ibn Abbass (ra) who is actually a member of ahlul bayt, and which is actually lifted from tafseer ibn katheer but which shias dont cite because ibn Katheer stated that "this narration is extremely strange" from ibn Abbass, and ibn Hibban weakened it outrightly. So shias tend to cite obscure books when pointing out this hadith rather than just say that it is in ibn katheer and atTabari. So, just as I said earlier, half-lies and weak ahadith. Typical MO. I should have not wasted my time. And just to save you and save myself some more time, UNLIKE DOZENS OF SHIA LEADERS (not just one as you tried to insinuate), NO SUNNI SCHOLAR WOULD AUTHENTICATE A HADITH THAT SAYS THE QURAN IS CORRUPT... sorry for the caps. If the ulama say that a hadith has a good chain on the condition of such and such, this does not mean that the hadith is sahih. A good chain is not the only criteria for having an authentic hadith.

See your life! "Lifted" from Tafsir ibn Kathir? Do you know the distance between Imam al-Tahawi and Imam Ibn Kathir? And you even have audacity to say Imam al-Tahawi's book is obscure. Your case is total failure. The moment you are cornered, you loose your balance. Anyway that's exactly what I expect.

# So, the fact that Ibn Kathir (despite no single reference) says the narration is strange and Imam Ibn Hibban (no reference again) weakened it, made you discard the hadith. Kindly point out on what exactly did they base their submission on? We have given you a modern day Salafi Sheikh, Shuaib al-Arnaut who did tahqiq of the book. And he proved the authenticity of the sanad of the hadith based on the criteria of the Shaikhain.

Farmerforlife:

Finally and for the umpteenth time, at no point did Umar (ra) say that the verse of rajm remained until his khilafah. Point out the phrase explicitly that said that. This is your own citation of the hadith...

'Umar bin al-Khattab (RAA) narrated that he addressed the people and said, 'Verily Allah has sent Muhammad with the Truth and sent down the Book to him, and the verse of stoning was included in what Allah sent down. We recited, memorized and comprehended it. The Messenger of Allah (S) accordingly (to what was in the verse) stoned to death (whoever committed adultery while being married), and we stoned after his death. But I am afraid that after a long time passes, someone may say, 'We do not find the Verses of stoning in Allah's Book, and thus they may go astray by abandoning an obligation that Allah has sent down. Verily, stoning is an obligation in the Book of Allah to be inflicted on married men and women who commit adultery, when their crime is proven, evident by pregnancy, or through the confession (of the adulterer).'

Where does Umar (ra) say that it was recited in his khilfah? Did you not do English comprehension in secondary school? He said it was part of the Book of Allah, and he is wary that in future, people would not stone because it had been abrogated from the Quran, and that it was the practice of the prophet (ﷺ), Abubakr and himself therefore an eatablished sunnah. Is that simple enough for you or should I further simplify? SMH.

The underlines statement of Umar are enough and clear evidence in his affirmation of ayat rajm being part of the Quran as at his Khilafah. Twist and bend it with your obscure interpretation. You can never erase those statements. Alhamdulillah there are lots of viewers reading all these conversations.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by Nobody: 1:02am On May 19, 2016
AlBaqir:

You better remove the chewing gum on your eyes and stop disgracing yourself. Your Imam Ibn Taymiyyah "just" exposed some of your salaf.

Try harder. There is absolutely no doubt about anyone in that chain. All rookie stunt above is your formulation. We have given source to the hadith and its tahqiq. The submission of confirming the accuracy of the chain is clearly exposed in the Tahqiq of Dr. Sa'd al-Humayyid. It is your responsibility to look up the exposition.

See your life! "Lifted" from Tafsir ibn Kathir? Do you know the distance between Imam al-Tahawi and Imam Ibn Kathir? And you even have audacity to say Imam al-Tahawi's book is obscure. Your case is total failure. The moment you are cornered, you loose your balance. Anyway that's exactly what I expect.

# So, the fact that Ibn Kathir (despite no single reference) says the narration is strange and Imam Ibn Hibban (no reference again) weakened it, made you discard the hadith. Kindly point out on what exactly did they base their submission on? We have given you a modern day Salafi Sheikh, Shuaib al-Arnaut who did tahqiq of the book. And he proved the authenticity of the sanad of the hadith based on the criteria of the Shaikhain.

Again I repeat, the isnad is not the only criteria used in authenticating ahadith. Ibn Katheer also cited various other hadith from ibn Abbass (ra) on the same verse not mentioning the addition of the phrase "it was an error", but indicating that he was interpreting the verse for the hearers.

As for Aisha's hadith (ra), it has a clear fault in it, in fact two; that of Hisham bin Urwa's Iraqi narrations, and that of Abu Muawiyya's narrations through any other than alA'mash as also affirmed by imaAhmad, and the faults has been cited above in the words of imam adDhahhabi. Either fault is sufficient to render the hadith invalid based on a shaaz matn. This is obvious to any passable student of hadith.

AlBaqir:

The underlines statement of Umar are enough and clear evidence in his affirmation of ayat rajm being part of the Quran as at his Khilafah. Twist and bend it with your obscure interpretation. You can never erase those statements.

Let me make this simple for you...
how did Umar (ra) know that the verse of stoning was not going to be in the Quran if it was still there during his khilafah? How did he know that in future, people would say that "we do not find the verse of stoning in Allah's Book" if it was still part of the Quran at that time? Why say in past tense, "we memorised it and comprehended it?" More importantly, if it was part of the Quran during Umar's khilafah and was lost subsequently, why did Ali (ra) not correct it by putting it back when he was the khalifah? Pitiful argument really.

AlBaqir:

Alhamdulillah there are lots of viewers reading all these conversations.

Yes, I am aware that you are posturing for an audience, it is the typical shia way.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by AlBaqir(m): 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
tintingz, kindly create time to read every part of this thread. Its about Quran.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by tintingz(m): 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
AlBaqir:
tintingz, kindly create time to read every part of this thread. Its about Quran.
Lol, So there is already a topic about the hullabaloo behind the Quran. grin

Interesting, I've gone through this thread, I've seen what I'm looking for. cool
Re: What Is Your View On 'basmala (bismillah Rahman Rahim)? by sino(m): 11:42am On Mar 15, 2017
AlBaqir:
^Once you finish barking, you will answer how Umm al-mu'minin Aisha and Abdullah ibn Abbas confirmed there are errors in the Quran as a result of scribe's mistakes. On your never ends copy-pasted thread, there are lists of evidences that exposed your Salaf and their thought on Tahrif documented as sihah (from Umar ibn al-Khattab, Ibn Mas'ud, Ibn Umar et al) but as usual with your die-hard attitudes of double standard and of late foul-mouthed languages, I expect nothing better. We have made our submissions clearer that Any Ayatullah or Shia scholar that believe and preaches Tahrif (in the Quran), does not confirm or hold the view of other Shia scholars or individuals who share contrary opinion. Unfortunately in your world of ignorance, such scholar (who believe tahrif) represent the whole shia world but those of yours that equally confirmed tahrif do not represent your entire manhaj. Sickness!

As far as Shi'i school is concern, there is no Taqlid in Aqeedah based issues. Only in fiqh that Taqlid is allowed
http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2116/

"I boldly state, anyone who believes the Qur'an with us is corrupted and incomplete (tahrif), and by extension believes that one Imam in occulation has the complete Qur'an is a KAFIR!

Allah (SWT) promised to protect the Qur'an, Allah (SWT) never fails in His promises."

AlBaqir, what is the shi'a ruling on those who believe the Qur'an with us is incomplete, has been tampered with, and corrupted?!

(1) (Reply)

What To Do In The Closing Days Of Shaʿbān? / What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? / The First 10 Of Ramadan: Days Of Pure Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.