Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Should I Change My Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Change My Job? (11404 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Change My Job? by Evyivy(f): 2:53pm On May 04, 2016
undecided
Re: Should I Change My Job? by ibetoibb: 2:54pm On May 04, 2016
Dis is dilemma, is better to hold tight d one u r familiar wt to avoid regret. No job in naija see NPF applicats r over 850,000 looking to 10,000 slots. Use ur sense.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by WildChild00(m): 2:54pm On May 04, 2016
My candid advise, there is a popular saying, "The devil you know is quite better than the angel you don't know" what I am simply saying is that you should stick to the formal job you have before, since it garantee's regular income, on like this present on that there is an increase of 10% and frm your statement, the said coy owning their workers 3 month, the key word here is patience, the economy is really in a bad shape current.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 04, 2016
tell your prospective employers how much you would love to work with them, but share your fears with them about non-paymeny of salaries and listen carefully to what they say.

what they say is important, but HOW they say it is even more important. so listen closely. that should help you make up your mind.

Life itself is a risk.

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Job? by jossy26: 3:01pm On May 04, 2016
@op, please note that grass is not always greener at the other end though you shared very little information...please ask lots of questions especially from the staff of the new company to be sure of the kind of environment you about to enter
Re: Should I Change My Job? by mrkings84(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2016
The day u leave this current job, someone else will give a testimony in his church and start paying tithes and offerings regularly....

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Job? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 04, 2016
bro my kindeed advise is you drop that work and move forward.
my lecturer ones told me that i should never settle for any job tagged as management .
dont allow this your present job to blind fold you. if you are the kind of person that wants to be increasing his pay yearly/monthly this is the time for you to make a move
Re: Should I Change My Job? by janvier27(m): 3:06pm On May 04, 2016
No need going spiritual cos you'll be dealing with humans, not spirits. Since you already see clearly the problem at the other side, I think you should let it pass. Meanwhile keep searching. Another job with better prospects will come up. Continue to give your best to the present job.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Lexusgs430: 3:06pm On May 04, 2016
I saw a lion and a dog, which is the better option to play with?
Our people would soon ask where to shit from, either their mouth or their ass!!!!
Re: Should I Change My Job? by soulpiano23(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2016
johnshagb:
My fellow NLders your sincere counsel is needed. A friend is in a serious dilemma.

Please mod move this to the FP for better contributions. Thank you.

Dont dare to move.Life experience.I was in a chemical company where the pay was regular no weekend work,organised management but was looking out for a better pay.I got an offer outside the state where my family resides with almost 100% pay rise.Getting to the state I was given an accomodation but was told that I will be paid 70% of my total salary that after confirmation the 30% would be paid.The first month the salary came as when due.Till i left after 20 months of working, that God supernaturally moved me away from that company,the salaries were delayed.sometimes we had to begged for part payment of the 70% after much pressure from the family I left behind.Up till today the 30% was not paid.
Bro, please stay where you are till God moves you.
Love

4 Likes

Re: Should I Change My Job? by boyesola: 3:24pm On May 04, 2016
staying with one's family is lovely, but without money makes it miserable. if you are God's child, talk to Him about it to guide your step.
johnshagb:
My fellow NLders your sincere counsel is needed. A friend is in a serious dilemma.

Please mod move this to the FP for better contributions. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Job? by Adesiji77: 3:25pm On May 04, 2016
Nlanders and their "friends" cheesy
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Lexsigno: 3:26pm On May 04, 2016
Pls nairalanders help me out cos I received this msg;
Ref,no.ADB/07; You are invited to an interview/business chat at Quadrant links. Venue: 203 old Abeokuta rd. ( favour plaza, top flr.) Opp. Oandp STP by Kasumu str. Agege, Lagos st. Date: 5/5/16, timr :9am. Pls is it a scam.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Naturallyme: 3:31pm On May 04, 2016
it depends on what becomes your priority. The fact that you are going their to head a department is an elevation to ur career. Gradually you are entering managerial role. your next role will be bigger than that. some have worked 20 years without managerial opportunities. The fact that you are close to your family is another plus. everything is not centered on money though you need money to run your family but you need to prepare for sunny days incase your salary is not paid on time. your children need you around. bear in mind that you would stay in the new company for a while while you are still on the look out for other opportunities around the area. Empower your wife to. very very imprtant
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 04, 2016
OP, is yhur friend working at a Call Centre?
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Naturallyme: 3:32pm On May 04, 2016
Lexsigno:
Ref,no.ADB/07; You are invited to an interview/business chat at Quadrant links. Venue: 203 old Abeokuta rd. ( favour plaza, top flr.) Opp. Oandp STP by Kasumu str. Agege, Lagos st. Date: 5/5/16, timr :9am. Pls is it a scam.
GNLD my brother. Watch
Re: Should I Change My Job? by ogunyemifot(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2016
One get head but no cap, the other get cap but no head.
Many would kill for what you have now.

My candid advice is you stay put where you are now, at least you gain experience daily there, then look towards starting out on your own later, but for the time being, before a better offer comes, stay put.

God help you and us all.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by lilyheaven: 3:56pm On May 04, 2016
Tipss:
You want to take up one of them masquerade jobs ni? No jobs out here Bro
he is not an applicant
Re: Should I Change My Job? by lereinter(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2016
valencia25:
Apply for the masquerade job. Thank me later wink

Omo buruku lol

Re: Should I Change My Job? by Mypeople2(m): 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
Lexsigno:
This is a typical example of scam. They are fake .Please do not waste your time and transport fare
Re: Should I Change My Job? by RuggedArab: 4:24pm On May 04, 2016
Bro.... being Head of Department does not pay bills. Remember you have family to take care of.

Before you take up that new job ask yourself these questions:
1. Are you ready to stay a minimum of three months without pay?
2. Can your family cope for that three months without pay?
3. Are you taking the job because you want to stay close to your family ( I know everyone wants to stay close to the family; however, you can
also relocate your family to where you work now).

Back to your story........... I think you should stick to your present job while you search for a more better regular monthly salary. I am not saying the job is not cool, the new job role is also challenging and will boost your career path; also the economy is biting harder every hour, who knows after employing you and they drop you after six months. And it seems you have job security where you are now even though I know there is no job security anywhere in the world except it is your own company.

NB: I cant stand any employer owing me after 30days! I need that pay like the air I breath! 30 Fvck'n crazy days is not BEANS!!!! PAY ME OR
LEAVE IT!!!!
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Prospero01(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2016
The first place you need to head is your family. And having a stable source of income guarantees that. Don't be a head somewhere and be a nobody at home because of not being able to feed your family. A company that owes it's staff if they like let them make you the managing director, they will owe you too.

If I must change my current place of employment, the first thing I should ask myself is if my new job can guarantee my pay as at when due. I am not moved by positions because with your work experience all you need to do is adjust your CV to meet any managerial position you applying for. Stay where you are. Be the best there and see God complete the rest. I don't know you but I see promotion coming shortly from where you want to leave. Stay put

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Job? by Mbamifeanyi(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2016
my little advice to u is.....a cow doesn't knw d usefulness of its tale until when it lose it....90 days without salary is not beans my brother .........how secure is dis ur new job.....stick to ur current job God time is d best.....
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Klington: 4:58pm On May 04, 2016
life is all about challenges n fear is one of worst enemies of man's success...jettison fear n take a bold step..
Re: Should I Change My Job? by sedams: 5:37pm On May 04, 2016
career growth is important bro, but what is career growth when you cannot pay bills and meet your financial obligation at home? even the proximity to family that you so crave might be a curse if you can't pay bills o.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Kakamorufu(m): 5:58pm On May 04, 2016
valencia25:
Apply for the masquerade job. Thank me later wink
hahahahaha.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by harryhenry02: 6:28pm On May 04, 2016
Go for the new Job. it always comes like this, with trial and fear of disappointment. but later you will be happy you took a bold step. Don't worry cus soon Sai Baba will sign budget and Contracts will be awarded. they know they will soon land Contract that's why they need more hands. thats why you are employed to join them.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Dotng: 6:55pm On May 04, 2016
Imagine this, after 3 months of resumption, you are now owed two months salary, would you have considered your decision a good one then? Your present employment is a promise that better things are ahead. When a good job comes you can then move.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Dotng: 7:04pm On May 04, 2016
mikketech:
bro my kindeed advise is you drop that work and move forward.
my lecturer ones told me that i should never settle for any job tagged as management .
dont allow this your present job to blind fold you. if you are the kind of person that wants to be increasing his pay yearly/monthly this is the time for you to make a move
That is a good advice for an upward mobile youth who doesn’t have a family to take of yet. When you are married with kids, everything is no longer equals and your priorities are now different. The welfare of your family becomes priority one. Nothing kills a married man than being told that his children cannot feed well or that they have been sent away from school because you can't pay their fees. Meanwhile, your colleague's or friends children are in school. This is what failure looks like no matter your accomplishments at work.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by spiralwedge(m): 7:23pm On May 04, 2016
Bring your family to where you are. Twice a month visit to your family is bad. Una go soon turn to Tiwa n TJ if you dont.

Family first.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 04, 2016
Dotng:

That is a good advice for an upward mobile youth who doesn’t have a family to take of yet. When you are married with kids, everything is no longer equals and your priorities are now different. The welfare of your family becomes priority one. Nothing kills a married man than being told that his children cannot feed well or that they have been sent away from school because you can't pay their fees. Meanwhile, your colleague's or friends children are in school. This is what failure looks like no matter your accomplishments at work.
Well said. Remember a family man also need to increase his earning because the higher the kids grows the higher expenses. A family man musnt depend on one job! Not in th generation my brother.
Re: Should I Change My Job? by baffabulous(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2016
d guy no sabi english seff....Even if he go d oda place dem no go employ am!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Quotes To Inspire Great Teamwork. / Are Female Bankers Truly Executive Prostitute? / I'm In Love With My Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.