Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? (785 Views)

Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos) / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) / Photo: Lady Lying On The Streets In Surulere, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by binhozie(m): 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
A dear friend, closer than a brother who i lost contact with for some time now, was spotted by me patrolling the streets naked, and unfortunately Mad. I could not believe it. I cried for a long time.
Now i want to take him off the streets. How do i go about it? I dont want to be lynched by people who may think i want to use him for ritual purposes.
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
Contact the government department that deals with that kinda stuff.
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Outstrip(f): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
I agree with contacting the government officials but how long will they take to get to him. Time is of the essense. Someone else might already be eyeing for ritual purposes. Why not make arrangements for him to get into a psychiatric hospital and when he has a bed ready and if you have any police friends they can help you bundle him into a vehicle straight to a safe place for him. It is not the job of the police but it might be the quickest way to get your friend to a safe place. Good luck. Let us know if you are succesful
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
i am sure if he pay the govt official and let them know he want him taken to the hospital, they will do it same day
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by MrCrackles(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2009
binhozie:

A dear friend, closer than a brother who i lost contact with for some time now, was spotted by me patrolling the streets naked, and unfortunately Mad. I could not believe it. I cried for a long time.
Now i want to take him off the streets. How do i go about it? I dont want to be lynched by people who may think i want to use him for ritual purposes.

shocked shocked
You might have to get another mad person involved. . . undecided
Goodluck! cool
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by MrCrackles(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
chaircover:

Go and tell his parents

What are the parents going to do?
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2009
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Outstrip(f): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2009
I think his fear is that if they try to pick him up that people might assume that it might be for ritual purposes and might lynch them. I think it would be smart to use uniforms becuase even if the police were to walk in on them bundling the man into a vehicle the police might even say they were kidnapping him.
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Fhemmmy: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2009
If the guy could arrange with the parents of the guy, they will be fine
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:11am On Aug 12, 2009
Don't they have a department in Nigeria that caters to this kind of situation, . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Like huge hefty men wid nets and chains and all that, . . . . shocked shocked. . . . .

cos he would obviously not want to leave without any kind of force . . . undecided
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by binhozie(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2009
Thanks y'all folks for your contributions so far. But my efforts may have hit a brickwall. I've contacted his parents and was shocked to know they know he's roaming the streets. My efforts to know how he "got there" was met with coldmess so i didnt want to probe further.
On my own i cant organise all these things you guys are suggesting and even if i could, without his parents approval it could be termed criminal. Young boy. Poor boy
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Ben13: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2009
contact yaba left.
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by anochie: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
which part of d country is yr friend?
if in lagos, then SO SAID. ITs a charity home thats in charge of destitutes and mad pple, they are christian home n are doing well.

located at no 45 owolabi street ago palace way by LORD s\stop
they are exparts in taking insane pple i dont know how they do it but i think its prayers.

any ques?
Re: Help: How Do I Reclaim My "mad" Friend Off The Streets? by Outstrip(f): 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
So sad. Maybe his parents tried to help but got frustrated but why would they not encourage someone else who wants to help their son

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Igbo Couple With White Toddler / For Those That Are Married And Single, Have You Ever Let Go Of A Good Man/woman? / His Wife Beats Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.