Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract (3594 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / Certificate Saga: Buhari Defends Self / Femi Fani-kayode Defends Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by nex(m): 5:44am On Aug 13, 2009
Imagine the kind of English our Minister of information, one of our top diplomats, is speaking 'some four white men"

This is not even her business. It is all up to the NTA DG. All she can do is call him up from time to time, to instruct, advice and criticise. Very soon, our Minister of Information will start selling newspapers. is this how she saw others running that office?
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by PurestBoy(m): 5:59am On Aug 13, 2009
novaman:

@purestwat? (error)
am sure you are here today because in her day with NAFDAC she didn't allow those poison called drug send you to hell.

My people we should not all those poison whom she kept out of job in her days with NAFDAC make us give some1 who may eventually be vindicated a bad name. We should have it in mind that most of them are out of jail now and could be getting back at her

You can keep sucking Dora's pussie for all I care,
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by deb(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
May Dora rots in the hell, Stupid old bitch

Untrained idiot. Can you say that to your mother?

Nigerians will never support anyone with good intention. must we always complain?
If it wasn't Dora you all are lambasting maybe I would have understood.
But this is a woman of integrity you all are attacking? Na wa for naija o.
Her bolded statement @ poster is enough for me to sense her sincere heart once again.

Dora God bless you. You still got the back of some of us.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by lawmanlala(m): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
this woman should be probed. How can N8.2b of public funds be wasted just like that when millions of nigerians go to bed empty stomach, very shameful. Probe panel be raised. Enough of this mess. She is only being used by Abuja clowns to deceive the world. Now, if corruption fever has also caught this woman, then nigeria is doomed. no one to trust again.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by deb(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
The truth abt most of us Nigerians is that we are not trust worthy
hence, we find it difficult to trust anybody even if they are innocent.

I know Dora Akunyili, personally. If anyone is benefitting at all from this deal
it is not her. This woman lives off her salary and only her salary. You need
to get one on one with her to know the kind of extra-ordinary Nigerian that she is.

I still met with her twice last week. You all should stop talking rubbish. You don't
know anything beyond what you read from the pages of newspaper. Leave the innocent
woman. Haven't you suffered her enough with all your negative comments about her effort to make good of Nigeria through
the rebranding campaign?
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by blacksta(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
deb:

The truth abt most of us Nigerians is that we are not trust worthy
hence, we find it difficult to trust anybody even if they are innocent.

I know Dora Akunyili, personally. If anyone is benefitting at all from this deal
it is not her. This woman lives off her salary and only her salary. You need
to get one on one with her to know the kind of extra-ordinary Nigerian that she is.

I still met with her twice last week. You all should stop talking rubbish. You don't
know anything beyond what you read from the pages of newspaper. Leave the innocent
woman. Haven't you suffered her enough with all your negative comments about her effort to make good of Nigeria through
the rebranding campaign?

Quick question - Have u been awarded any contract ever since Mrs Dora became a Minister ?
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by deb(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2009
Not a single contract. And what I am doing for her now which i don't wish to mention is FREE!
You can't mess with her. You ask for contract unnecessarily? You may enter her bad book and that
is the end for you
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by RichyBlacK(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
Rubbish Nigeria!

This is exactly why I'll work for the U.S. government before thinking of working for senile ogres in Abuja. There is absolutely no evidence of Dora doing anything wrong in awarding this contract and following due process:

1. That it was awarded late is no fault of hers; the foot-dragging started way before her time.
2. That the contract was assessed to be ridiculously high is not her making.
3. That AIT got the gig instead of NTA is not her fault.

But Nigerians are so used to having embezzlers and fraudsters in government that sometimes they find it difficult to tell the few good men and women from the teeming horde of bandits positioned at every level of government in Nigeria!

* Dora Akunyili is an upright woman caught up in the nefarious dirty gimmicks of the leaches running the show in Abuja.
* The useless Nigerian government also tried to rub their filth on the upright Tai Solarin (MHSRP) when he headed the Peoples Bank in the late 80s.
* The hopeless Nigerian government also tried very hard to smear the venerable Wole Soyinka when he headed the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) under IBB.
* Let's not forget in a hurry their evil attempts at trying to denigrate Gani Fawehinmi for over two decades and counting,
* When the ghouls in Abuja tried to rubbish the much respected Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala she quickly resigned, knowing the tricks of the gang of imbeciles.

The Nigerian government has typically been headed by miscreants, and unless sanity, the rule of law and adherence to democratic principles become commonplace in the corridors of power in Abuja, bands of hooligans and gangs of thieving nonentities will continue to rule!

People of integrity should never overstay their welcome in a house of robbers!
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by blacksta(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Rubbish Nigeria!

This is exactly why I'll work for the U.S. government before thinking of working for senile ogres in Abuja. There is absolutely no evidence of Dora doing anything wrong in awarding this contract and following due process:

1. That it was awarded late is no fault of hers; the foot-dragging started way before her time.
2. That the contract was assessed to be ridiculously high is not her making.
3. That AIT got the gig instead of NTA is not her fault.

But Nigerians are so used to having embezzlers and fraudsters in government that sometimes they find it difficult to tell the few good men and women from the teeming horde of bandits positioned at every level of government in Nigeria!

* Dora Akunyili is an upright woman caught up in the nefarious dirty gimmicks of the leaches running the show in Abuja.
* The useless Nigerian government also tried to rub their filth on the upright Tai Solarin (MHSRP) when he headed the Peoples Bank in the late 80s.
* The hopeless Nigerian government also tried very hard to smear the venerable Wole Soyinka when he headed the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) under IBB.
* Let's not forget in a hurry their evil attempts at trying to denigrate Gani Fawehinmi for over two decades and counting,
* When the ghouls in Abuja tried to rubbish the much respected Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala she quickly resigned, knowing the tricks of the gang of imbeciles.

The Nigerian government has typically been headed by miscreants, and unless sanity, the rule of law and adherence to democratic principles become commonplace in the corridors of power in Abuja, bands of hooligans and gangs of thieving nonentities will continue to rule!

People of integrity should never overstay their welcome in a house of robbers!

Relax bro - Your BP might rise - Sometimes i wonder maybe Nigeria is for gone conclusion -
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by GeorgeD1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
the point is not in whether she is corrupt or not. the moment she opted for that job as
minister, she opted to wine and dine with corruption itself.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by bj101: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2009
I think decency plays an important role in whatever we want to do, Dora is a minister and a mother, yes she might av made a mistake the best way to go about is it to allow fairness and truth be d basis of judgement. FIFA did not give the right to AIT but BON and OSMI. i will also want to point it out that some states may nt be able to watch d match in the country without decoder if the TV right is giving to a wrong TV station. LET NIGERIANS THINK OF THIS.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by RichyBlacK(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
blacksta:

Relax bro - Your BP might rise - Sometimes i wonder maybe Nigeria is for gone conclusion -

Bros, the thing don rise finish o! But I dey go relax for one joint later to kool down well. Dat Naija don taya me finish. Na only Fashola dey give me small hope these days.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by novaman: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
One thing that is clear whether they get the right to become the host broadcaster the HD is still useful to NTA; that is the future of TV and they do not need to start running pillar to post in 2012 for the digital transmission wahala. They should review the cost and go ahead with the HD we need it, they are the first TV network so they should set the pace
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by RichyBlacK(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
novaman:

One thing that is clear whether they get the right to become the host broadcaster the HD is still useful to NTA; that is the future of TV and they do not need to start running pillar to post in 2012 for the digital transmission wahala. They should review the cost and go ahead with the HD we need it, they are the first TV network so they should set the pace

I agree with your points. Thanks.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by GeorgeD1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2009
she should wash herself clean first. we are not sold on all this flashing of eyeballs she is doing on network news! grin
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by 9ja4eva: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2009
Dora na confirmed thief.Thank God dem don expose am.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by vislabraye(m): 12:11am On Aug 14, 2009
It's very amazing how one's achievements could be forgotten so quickly. People are rather too quick to pass judgment; its like they are waiting for

you to make a mistake before lamblasting you well. There are also some people who silently wish to see others fail.

So far, i think Dora has integrity. She has risked her life fighting against fake drugs.Her Achievements are legendary. But the only mistake she

made was accepting the post she was given.

I wonder the correlation between health and information. She didn't act professional at all. I really don't see the sense in leaving from where

one is very effective into an unfamiliar arena. That alone is a question mark.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by PurestBoy(m): 5:42am On Aug 14, 2009
deb:

Untrained idiot. Can you say that to your mother?

Nigerians will never support anyone with good intention. must we always complain?
If it wasn't Dora you all are lambasting maybe I would have understood.
But this is a woman of integrity you all are attacking? Na wa for naija o.
Her bolded statement @ poster is enough for me to sense her sincere heart once again.

Dora God bless you. You still got the back of some of us.

Get off my way u fool, Imagine this fool saying Dora is a woman of integrity. Don't let me start with u oo abeg make u leave me jeje on my own
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by tjay007: 6:48am On Aug 14, 2009
my concern is not even weda dora & co played pranks or not but 0ver 8billion naira 4 a project to upgrade tv wen dey r mch more pressing issues lyk our almost non accessible roads, depreciating education & of course our almost non-exsistin electric power. to say d least 8billion naira will sure do some gud if put into solutions of d power problem of dis nation. anyway dey beta play all d matches in broad day light else dey just myt play it wit candle lights coz petrol myt turn scarce if considerin power generatin set, my president is sick! his name is ******, lipsrsealed angry
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by agitator: 8:22am On Aug 14, 2009
@All
Just a question. I thought Ben Bruce was going about constructing and upgrading existing NTA Stations to be digital? What happened, it's like they are still transmitting analogue signals.

vislabraye:

I wonder the correlation between health and information. She didn't act professional at all. I really don't see the sense in leaving from where one is very effective into an unfamiliar arena. That alone is a question mark.

They wanted some form of integrity, so why not appoint Dora (the darling of the masses) as information minister, to tell lies to Nigerians and foreigners because people are wary of anything from the government.

Also, she needs a job and may be that was the only option open to her
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by agitator: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2009
tjay007:

my concern is not even weda dora & co played pranks or not but 0ver 8billion naira 4 a project to upgrade tv wen dey r mch more pressing issues lyk our almost non accessible roads, depreciating education & of course our almost non-exsistin electric power. to say d least 8billion naira will sure do some gud if put into solutions of d power problem of dis nation. anyway dey beta play all d matches in broad day light else dey just myt play it wit candle lights coz petrol myt turn scarce if considerin power generatin set,  my president is sick! his name is ******,   lipsrsealed  >:

My bro, they are not thinking of you but their ego/image as the giant of africa, by broadcasting HD.  How many people in nigeria even have light not to talk of HDTVs.  It like some people I know buying flashy cars while there is no furniture in their living quarters.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by orisebawo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
I never knew the famed Dora of NAFDAC could be so rebranded or rather recycled into something else.

On another note, i dont think she posseses the carriage, skill and command of English for the position she occupies, there are a million and one Nigerians that can do better, especailly in front of the camera.

It is just a pity that after a lovely job done at NAFDAC, she has allowed herself to be used by nonentities and ofcourse the characteristics of these bad people are beginning to rub off on her.

Irrespective of what you do or who you are, if you start moving with the likes of night soil men it is only a matter of time before you start smelling like one.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2009

why isnt she resigning then?
not like she couldnt get a job with reputable organisations around the world
even if she want to make a difference in her country she can work for an NGO or start her own!!!!!!!
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by DisGuy: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
novaman:

My Dear Nairalaner,

One thing we all should know is that she is only a square peg in round hole; ministers in Nigeria are not just there for political reasons they actually make use of information provided to them by the people on ground (civil servant) in this case those are the people in the NTA, especially the Director General. He is suppose to be in position to know that Standard Definition can never be upgraded to High Definition; although she will get all the fire at the end because she relied solely on the information provided to her by the criminals in the ministry instead of doing her own ground work.
It is the DG of the NTA and those who acted as middle guys that the EFCC should invite immidiately for questionning as that will revil so many things.

On the issue of whether they should continue with the HD, I think they should since every network is expected to switch to digital by 2012, now is the best time to do so, as it will be good for NTA to start on HD rather than wait until 2010 or 2012 or 2015 (the final date). So i think whether or not they have the right to host or not they should get the HD it is good for the nation but they should review the cost and ensure that nobody tries to say we are upgrading, instead they should replace completely. If South Africa could have purchase their entire system used for the Conferendation Cup at just $6.8Billion, we can see that someone is not telling us the truth; let us contribute ideas instead of castigating. I blame her for accepting the job, she should have gone to health.

She has the resources to get independent consultants and technical people to help her do her job properly!
When square pegs are put in round holes, tehy get reliable competent experts working with them so the
workers dont mess their brains up with technical jargons and financial jiobberish. this way they wont be made to look like fools

what the DG/Minister is basically trying to do is outmuscle AIT one way or the otehr over this football right, it has already been lost they should concentrate on improving or even privatising the NTA, we are tired the low quality junk and old hands working there
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by palermo: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
Professor Rebrander, dat money to much ohh, even ordinary filters no reach dat amount, be careful professor, as 1 day bush meat go catch ur hunter cool tongue embarassed shocked angry cheesy
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by mybad: 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2009
palermo:

Professor Rebrander, dat money to much ohh, even ordinary filters no reach dat amount, be careful professor, as 1 day bush meat go catch ur hunter cool tongue embarassed shocked angry cheesy

Agreed that the money is too much but what amount do you suggest will rightly offset the upgrading?

When we open our mouths to decry situations and rain insults on people, we should also be ready to make suggestions that will help in making things right.
If anybody has been able to do a feasibility study as to the difference between the value of the contract and the N8.2B in question then there won't be a need to either doubt Dora's innocence or her involvement in the shaddy deal

What we should instead be saying is where was Dora Akuliyi when a contract worth N8.2b was awarded to foreign nationals.
Why the contract didn't meet up with the timing and
How come she didn't recall the name of the firm handling a contract of so much importance and of such a huge amount under her care.

One thing we all should know is that she is only a square peg in round hole; ministers in Nigeria are not just there for political reasons they actually make use of information provided to them by the people on ground (civil servant) in this case those are the people in the NTA, especially the Director General. He is suppose to be in position to know that Standard Definition can never be upgraded to High Definition; although she will get all the fire at the end because she relied solely on the information provided to her by the criminals in the ministry instead of doing her own ground work.
It is the DG of the NTA and those who acted as middle guys that the EFCC should invite immidiately for questionning as that will revil so many things

What determines who is a square peg in a round hole?
Is it a degree earned after four or five years academic sojourn in a higher institution or the ability to deliver with a "can do attitude"?
Margaret Thatcher of England was Prime minister for the whole of eleven years and she studied Chemistry in the University.

So we agree that journalism isn't Dora's specialisation, why crucify her then?
Besides, as Minister of Information she is not restricted to keeping an eye on the NTA.
She also has responsibilities like rebranding Nigeria which hasn't really earned accolades from Nigerians despite its importance.
The civil servants under her administartion should also answer to the accusations of fraud in the N8.2b
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by nex(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
The 10 vans that NTA wants to renovate at about N8.2 billion each would cost N820,0 00,000 , which is $5.3 million. So I placed a bid on HD outside broadcast vans and the prices I got ranged from $6 million to $8 million. I really don't know. They may be right at the end of the day.

Google is there. Everyone can search and compare prices for Sony High Definition Outside Broadcast Vans.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by ugees(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2009
You all should leave Dora alone, nothing ever satisfies Nigerians and yet we want good leadersghip, imagine rubbishing her efforts at NAFDAC. She is undoubtedly there as minister to do her job as well as she can and you people are here castigating her. What has a degree in Pharmacy got to do with running the ministry comfortably? Nigerians , know this only GOd is perfect so commend the good humans doing their best. Stop criticizing, u might not do better in dat shoe.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by nex(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2009
I had earlier criticised this project, but since I researched the cost of procuring new HD OB vans, I've shut up!
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by oge4real(f): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2009
Dora used to be like a role model to me when she was in NAFDAC, but since she took up this appointment, I think I'm looking for a new model.
Re: Akunyili Defends Self In 8.2 Billion Naira NTA Contract by GeorgeD1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2009
she got caught in the greediness syndrome when she accepted that job. now she must pay for it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Scrap The Council Of State! / Nigerian History At A Glance 1800 - Sept 1999 / Escorp Recuritment Nation Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.