Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land (13932 Views)

Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Anywhere In Nigeria / The Changing Skyline Of Lagos: 10 Buildings To Look Out For In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 04, 2016
Guys what are the tips and documents to look out for when buying estate land, particularly in abuja?

I am interested in this goshen estate plot in pyakasa but men i dont just knw.

I no wan enter one chance.
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Trunaijian: 4:38pm On May 04, 2016
1. Title documents. ie. AMAC should be verified in AMAC, FCDA should be verifies in AGIS. Confirm the land use ie medium density, low or high density
2. Terms and conditions of the purchase. How much you need to pay before keys are handed over. Ask other subscribers. You usually get plenty info from already subscribed peeps
3. Quality of building. Is it worth the money being asked for?
For others, you may ping me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 04, 2016
Trunaijian:
1. Title documents. ie. AMAC should be verified in AMAC, FCDA should be verifies in AGIS. Confirm the land use ie medium density, low or high density
2. Terms and conditions of the purchase. How much you need to pay before keys are handed over. Ask other subscribers. You usually get plenty info from already subscribed peeps
3. Quality of building. Is it worth the money being asked for?
For others, you may ping me

men thanks for your info, someone was saying many of the estate plot only have RofO which is usually issued by AMAC, however FCDA in many cases usually revokes such lands and that is where issues begins.

And the infrastructure fees whahala.
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Trunaijian: 9:41pm On May 04, 2016
overcomer123:

men thanks for your info, someone was saying many of the estate plot only have RofO which is usually issued by AMAC, however FCDA in many cases usually revokes such lands and that is where issues begins.

And the infrastructure fees whahala.
if you can get ur hands on the copy of the title deeds, then we can verify.
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Taeewo(m): 6:25am On May 05, 2016
Ffg
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by gist4kidsblog: 6:25am On May 05, 2016
Ok
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:27am On May 05, 2016
to me location matters most!!! then the class of ppl living there

kindly check my profile for affordable data
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by adedam007(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2016
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Taiwopeters(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2016
Hmmmm.... So many things grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by KELVIN086: 6:39am On May 05, 2016
Ok
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by VocalWalls: 6:43am On May 05, 2016
Nawa o'
Thank you OP for this post, this is a very revealing topic and the contributions especially by Omonigeriarere are wonderful. I'm not there yet, but i made sure to bookmark this post.
Cost of Home Redesign
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Blitz888(m): 6:43am On May 05, 2016
Takes sit with pen and jotter whilst waiting for the lecturers to show up.... I need to draw learnings
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by nbright: 6:47am On May 05, 2016
Observing
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Nobody: 6:51am On May 05, 2016
I dont know but lemme tell about one day in class...

Teacher: What do you do after school?

1st student: I go buy weed from Kwaku Wale.

2nd student: I always go buy cigarettes from Kwaku Wale.

3rd student: I pass by Kwaku Wale's place and buy akpeteshi.

4th student: Sir I stay home and do my home work.

Teacher: Wow! You are a great student, I hereby nominate you as class prefect to be an example to the rest, what's your name again?

4th student: Kwaku Wale!!!
grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Adonis3: 6:53am On May 05, 2016
G
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Sayelabola(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2016
I am happy you have come to seek advice prior to purchasing.

All I could tell you is to get a LAWYER to do it for you.

A Lawyer is your best friend in this regard.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Sparkle777(f): 6:54am On May 05, 2016
Estates land in Abuja usually are stress free. The one I bought at Federal Housing Lugbes New site is okay. Just buy and build,ppl are already living there. The infastructural fee can be splitted and paid as u want.
Its beta than the stress of getting ur own, imho.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by phoenix480(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2016
Trunaijian has answered your questions.

First and most important thing is verification of land titles. You don't want to buy now and eventually lose it on something that could have been avoided.

Also find out the Total costs which includes Documentation fees, Development /Infrastructure fees. The latter might not be paid immediately and can be as much as the price of the land (sometimes more).

Find out what type of structures can be built e.g. Some Estates only allow a maximum of one storey building.

After payment, do you get allocated your land immediately? (So many Estates take months before allocated as many do it in batches)

Finally, ensure you visit the site before Payment. See and review the place before making such a massive investment. Don't stop asking questions (no question is stupid)

overcomer123:
Guys what are the tips and documents to look out for when buying estate land, particularly in abuja?

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by dejonathan(f): 7:06am On May 05, 2016
ojabel:
STOP PAYING RENT in Lagos!
Start Building your own House with EASE.

Buy Cheap & Affordable Plots of Land Suitable for Residential, School, Farm, Factory, Hotel, Resort, Co-operative, Church, Camp etc at any of our sites listed below and start building IMMEDIATELY:

Nitel Estate, Ikd from #6m
Ewu-Elepe, Ikd from #3m
Simawa Ewu-losi, back of Redemption camp. From #300k
Mowo-Nla, Ikd from #400k
Agbowa, Ikd from #400k
Ofada, along Papalanto Sagamu Exp rd from #300k
Agunloye- Lugbusi, Ikd from #450k
Igbalu, Ikd from #350k
Emuren Road, Ikd from #300k
Ewu-Oloye Maya, Ikd from 280k
Oke-eletu Estate, Ikd from #2.6m
Odelemo: close to Agowa from #250k
Imota, Ikd from #250k

Benefits:
* Free From Land Speculators (Omo-oniles)
* Land Free From Government Acquisition.
* Deed of Assignment with survey Available at a Fee
* Good Layout/Earth Road
* Free Inspection: Monday through Saturday.
* Few plots Available

Price from #250,000 - #6M depending on the LOCATION!

*No matter your budget there's something for you!

For enquiry & clarifications Feel Free to Contact us on: 08023599385, 09092578141.

Check us out at www.ruthlandestate.com our testimonial speaks volume!

An Opportunity To Be A Landlord without stress!
What if someone wants to buy the land and him/her is not ready to build?,is it allowed?
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by opalu: 7:49am On May 05, 2016
In addition to the good answers given above, I want to add that you need to go with a Structural Engineer and a Soil expert. Buying land is not only about the titles. The documents may be perfect but the land may be a structural nightmare. Such lands will consume so much to do foundation. The same amount that can use to build a two storey building elsewhere you can use it to do only foundation. Then when you are given the quotes you vex or price it down thinking you are being duped. Two major factors determine the price of the building: The size/type of building and the type of soil.

So when seeking to buy a land in an estate, consider the following -
1. The land documents. How authentic are there? A lawyer and land surveyor can help with that.
2. What are the facilities & services will be provided by the estate?
3. What is the service charge would you be required to pay in longterm ? Don't just focus on the price of land today. The land may be 200,000 but within 20 years the service cost may be up to N100m. So check the other charges that come with your choice of buying that land.
4. Check the soil nature and flooding levels.
5. Check the rules and regulations on that land imposed by the estate management. Some estates have same colours for exterior, some have building types that can be built etc.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Nobody: 7:52am On May 05, 2016
Many tins
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by Afritop(m): 8:06am On May 05, 2016
overcomer123:

LOOK OUT FOR THEIR CONTRACT OF SALE, IF YOU DONT WANT TO KIDNAPPED INTO THAT ONE CHANCE YOU ARE TRYING TO AVOID. MANY FICTICIOUS CLAUSE ARE IN IT
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by tunbebes(f): 8:12am On May 05, 2016
Please,I need your advice. A friend of mine is about to buy a land In Agbowa, Ikorodu,tomorrow.

The estate surveyor incharge said the land has no C of O cos it's a Virgin land and it goes for 250k per plot. He said my friend will Have to pay 200k to get a survey plan (for 2 plots) in his name and later get a C of O. Please,is this a good deal?

Please,how do I verify if the land is genuine? I know of town planning authority but can I go elsewhere to verify + how do I go about it? ThNks
Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by vickylala239: 8:19am On May 05, 2016
The girl above me.....my land is verified... u can buy here:::::

Re: What Are The Things To Look Out For When Buying Estate Land by AdaAnambra: 8:33am On May 05, 2016
overcomer123:

No bi who get money day buy land. abegiiiiiii

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Roofing (aluminium) A Twin Duplex. / Build your dream Home at Flourish Residence Housing estate with installment plan / Collapsed Building: Lekki Gardens MD Nyong Richard, 9 Others Docked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.