Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. (18175 Views)

Safety Measures When Working On Your Property / After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? / 6 Questions To Ask Before Buying Land In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:24am On Jul 16, 2018
PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO PUT IN PLACE WHEN BUYING LAND IN NIGERIA.

As a real estate consultant and with the little experience I have gained in the process of service delivery. I have discovered that there are numbers of potential individuals out there (home and abroad) who wanted to invest in properties; but the fear of being duped is preventing them from exploring the opportunities presented to us by 21st century in terms of real estate.

The fact is, many have lost their hard earned money to fraudsters and close relatives in the process of buying landed properties, history are full of examples.
Our major concern here is what are those measures we can put in place to avoid losing our money in the process of buying land in Nigeria.

1. Buy from registered real estate companies.

There are numbers of real estate companies in Nigeria today; those who duly registered with CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission), buying from such notable companies prevent the risk of being scammed.

2. Do a search on both the company and the claimed tittle documents on offers presented to you.

For instance, to confirm if a company is duly register with CAC; all you need to do is to search through CAC website. Someone has created a thread for that on this platform and I can help to post the link to that effect on here, I could remember I bookmark the thread then.
Likewise, there is need to confirm the claims on your property in terms of tittle documents. Here you can engage the service of a lawyer or take the coordinates of the said land to appropriate quarter for verification and if you are in Lagos, go to Alausa; Ikeja to do a search on any properties within Lagos State.

3. Make payments to the company's corporate account.

Irrespective of where you are across the globe, is very important to make your payments buy yourself through commercial banks straight to the company account. For those in diaspora, use transfer and for those in Nigeria you can also make payment either through transfer, raise cheque in favour of the company you're buying from or pay cash directly through commercial banks straight to the company's account.

4. Fill the land application form by yourself and append your signature in space provided.

All the real estate companies has an application forms to be fill by their subscribers through which client personal data will be generated to issue; receipt, invoice, contract of sales, deed of assignment and survey documents.

5. Forward your filled application form to company directly through email and also copied your consultant, at least your consultant will still help you in doing some chores like following up on your documents and getting it across to you.

Many are raking in millions today due to their investments in real estate some years back. The fear of losing our money to bad eggs in our society should not prevent us from opportunities presented to us by 21st century rather we should take preventive measures in the pursuit of excellence.

Having say all these, more and useful contributions are welcome from an experienced fellows on this forum in order for people to learn something tangible from our experiences.

Also those who have first hand stories on how they lost their money to either fraudsters or close relatives should share their experiences with us, so many people can learn from it and avoid similar mistakes.

Success stories should equally be share, for everyone of us to pick something meaningful from all our experiences.

Source: INTEGRITYA1, Realtor.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Preventive measures stated above can serve as guide and prevent us from losing our hard earned money in the process of buying land in Nigeria. Let take little time to read through.

For more information and enquiries

Call/whatsapp: 08062342001

2 Likes

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by micgray100(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2018
Lovely write-up.. But i most say: In most cases.. Lands are bought from individuals not registered CAC companies.. From my own experience as a registered proffesional in building industry, authenticity of land is best confirmed in the ministry of lands and survey or any name they call it within a state you are purchasing..

In the ministry, you will be told if the land is a govt acquired land or family ancestral inherited land .

Secondly is to do physical examination of the land by meeting people around the area and ask them physically who owns the land. Make sure the answer you are given is 99.9 percent correct of the real owner.

Thirdly is where the opposite comes in.. If you are lucky, the owner has a registered cac company and account.. Good one... Proceed with my knowledge OP steps above...

My signatures says it all.. Register your Limited Liability Company today... Over 200 commendations on my trend..

14 Likes

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by ghostntommy: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2018
"PREVENTIVE"

You're welcom

1 Like

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by hinograce: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2018
wrong spelling @ topic
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by AZUH: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2018
joking
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by nigeriantalk: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by Oblongata: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2018
you are talking about companies, what of if the land is for private person and you have interest?
if you encourage people to buy only from companies then how will ordinary honest people sell theirs?
here's my own guideline

1)get a surveyor in that area to confirm if the land is truly available and certify the real owner
2)let a survey be done an know if the land is line with government's development blueprint.
3)ensure you get one or 2 agents from that particular area involved, confirm from them about the land, owner, etc
4)dont ever pay cash, make a transfer in a private room of a bank, ensure the banker and the land owner are there korokoro.
5)after payment start with foundation asap, to avoid stories that touches. my 2 cents

9 Likes

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by Sirpaul(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2018
"Peventive" - Preventive
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by SirLakes: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Lol

Who is The MOD that can't correct this topic title ehn
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by AutoSpaNg: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2018
oiuyt
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by DONSMITH123(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2018
Peventive kor, Parkentive ni lipsrsealed
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by israelmao(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2018
More of this .
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2018
You think Land can only be bought in Lagos? Literary all the shît you wrote up there doesn't apply to where i came from. Who buys from real estate company anyway when i can just go meet one MaiGwa.

5 Likes

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by etinanguy(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2018
Good carticle
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by braine(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2018
WHere can one make land investment with like 300k?
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2018
What if I want to sell my land? And seun wants to buy...

Can you see this your topic is one-sided? Cos it doesn't address when an individual wants to buy from another individual...

Dalu

2 Likes

Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by AntiWailer: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2018
Do verification
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by etinanguy(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=ghostntommy post=69427905]"PREVENTIVE"

Prevention not preventive

If u need am English taecher. Corntact me.
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2018
shocked
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:54am On Jul 16, 2018
micgray100:
Lovely write-up.. But i most say: In most cases.. Lands are bought from individuals not registered CAC companies.. From my own experience as a registered proffesional in building industry, authenticity of land is best confirmed in the ministry of lands and survey or any name they call it within a state you are purchasing..

In the ministry, you will be told if the land is a govt acquired land or family ancestral inherited land .

Secondly is to do physical examination of the land by meeting people around the area and ask them physically who owns the land. Make sure the answer you are given is 99.9 percent correct of the real owner.

Thirdly is where the opposite comes in.. If you are lucky, the owner has a registered cac company and account.. Good one... Proceed with my knowledge OP steps above...

My signatures says it all.. Register your Limited Liability Company today... Over 200 commendations on my trend..

Thanks boss, when I said registered; I mean those real estate companies, I can't be mention their names on here.

Those that has duly registered as a company and legal entity in Nigeria; as required by Nigeria company law.
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by ghostntommy: 11:56am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=etinanguy post=69428472][/quote]

I can't corntact you o, i'd rather maizetact you
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=etinanguy post=69428472][/quote]

Boss, if you check through the body of the write up, you will notice that mistake is not there, so what you're seeing on that topic was a mistake.

I've notified the moderator to see into it, because I've tried to edit it but it didn't work out. I appreciate your offer anyway.
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by Nwanteleola: 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
This land is not for sale
Re: Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Idrismusty97:
You think Land can only be bought in Lagos? Literary all the shît you wrote up there doesn't apply to where i came from. Who buys from real estate company anyway when i can just go meet one MaiGwa.

The brain behind the write up is not to stop anyone from buying from anywhere you prefer to buy from, but I can still encourage you to make payment through commercial banks when you're paying your MaiGwa, at least that gives you valid evidence of payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pop Design / Screeding At Better Price / Terrace Building Design / House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.