Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression (496 Views)

6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) / 15 Ways To Know If You Are Going Through Depression / Urgent! I Need To Interview Someone That Has Gone Through Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression by Yungkida(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2016
There are some days in our lives when we just feel the world is against us, the odds ain't in our favour, suicide contemplating; just like me some days back. Going through depression is not the only thing here, some days you just don't feel like doing anything.

Here are 11 things we feel you should do when you're going through depression.

1. Shower

The first thing to do when you're going through depression is to take a cold warm bath. Trust me, you'll feel brand new after doing this.

2. Floss

Floss that teeth of yours, this is just basically to get your mind off whatsoever issue that is making you depressed. Taking out time to do this helps to defeat depression.

3. Drink Water

Yeah!! Drink water!! This helps you to stay refreshed, lose weight and above all clears your skin. Endeavor to have it handy everywhere you go.

4. Say Hello

*Singing - Baby Hello, Ibi ni jo wa* Lol... Say hello to friends, colleagues, landlord, danfo driver and even the bread seller. Lmaoooo!!! People might get to ask how you're doing in the process of saying hello. Trust me you'll say "fine" and you'll be fine.

5. Exercise

Don't just sit there lamenting over what is making you depressed. Hit the gym, go for a run!! Exercise your body and your mind. Some push ups would help... *hits chest*

6. Make your bed

What's the point of making your bed?? Try it and see how relieved you would be. I've tried it and it works. You should try it too.

7. Do the Dishes

Yea, wash every single dish in the sink. Play some music, scream out loud while doing the dishes. You can as well add some clean dishes to the bulk of dishes *lol* You'll fell good afterwards.

8. Dress Up

Dress up, apply some makeup, rock some yeezy shoes - You'll feel like a "god" or a "goddess" after this. Dress up on wears you feel confident in. The more confident you feel in outfit, the happier you'll be.

9. Cook a meal

Prepare a meal. eat healthy and you will proud. It helps restructure your mind and body. Prepare that spaghetti, burger, anything you feel like. It's your world.

10. Tell Someone

This is one of the most important thing to do when you're passing through depression. Tell someone about it, don't just keep it to yourself. I was able to reach out to a close friend "Moyeni" - She helped me out of it. You too can do the same. Ask for advice and don't ask too much.

11. Write about it

Grab your notepad, keyboard and write about whatsoever thing that is making you feel depressed. You'll feel better the same way i'm feeling right now. Trust me!!

Source: http://socialspy.ng/2016/05/04/11-little-things-to-do-when-youre-going-through-depression/
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

1 Like

Re: 11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression by Johnheir2(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2016
g
Re: 11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression by Dezzx(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2016
hmmm
Re: 11 Little Things To Do When You’re Going Through Depression by Aremu01(m): 6:50pm On May 04, 2016
This is good

(1) (Reply)

Ulcer Tip / Stable Isotope Labeled Peptides For Use / Which One is Healthier? Red or White Wine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.