Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. (1810 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
The world football governing body FIFA have warned all qualified countries for the coming u-17 world cup championship against fielding of overage players.The body gave the warning while commenting on the latest state-of-the- art equipment to counter age cheat which it had acquired due to past occurrence where many countries have been sanctioned including Nigeria.The body further revealed that any country caught stands a risk of a long term ban.Will Nigeria boys u-17 pass this test?, I hope so

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908110088.html
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by gazonga(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2009
Hehehehehe!! grin grin
Just heard 16 of the Nigerian U-17 boys didn't pass the age test.

That one no surprise me sha! sad sad
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by FELIX30(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2009
That will be terible. What will our perfomance be like if we eventually field u-17 players. wahala deyoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by FELIX30(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2009
grin grin grin grin

We all know that the few times we have done well, that almost all our players are overaged.(CHRISANTUS was 30 in 2007, AJIBOYE 27 etc)
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Donvilo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2009
HO! HO! HO! cheesy grin grin I just can't stop laughing over this topic. Hasn't most of nigerian people always been fond of pulling wool over people's eyes ke ? undecided I just wonder how they are going to win this time. But anyway sha, I still don't doubt this boys. They know how to set things right with their coachito right behind them. (I mean to say if the coach is a good one.)
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by quadrillio(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
FELIX30:

grin grin grin grin

We all know that the few times we have done well, that almost all our players are overaged.(CHRISANTUS was 30 in 2007, AJIBOYE 27 etc)
I don't agree with you on this, what will you say about the JAPAN '93 squad (Kanu, Oruma, Celestine, e.tc.) they are still in action up till now.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Nezan(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
Fact is if you want to really get 17 year old kids for our National U-17 Team, the coaches should take their search to secondary schools. grin

1 Like

Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by MrCrackles(m): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
gazonga:

Hehehehehe!! grin grin

Wahala dey o. . . .
I am not surprised! grin cheesy
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by FBS: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2009
It's ain't confirmed yet. tongue grin
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by azeeza(f): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
what do u xpect,u no c those colombia boiz,dem big pass d golden eaglet as at 2k7.na all d nation e go affect cry
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by FELIX30(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
[d quote author=quadrillio link=topic=308683.msg4338932#msg4338932 date=1250075782]
I don't agree with you on this, what will you say about the JAPAN '93 squad (Kanu, Oruma, Celestine, e.tc.) they are still in action up till now.
[/quote][quote author=quadrillio link=topic=308683.msg4338932#msg4338932 date=1250075782]

I said almost
, where are the other ones, or are they only 3 in that wonderful team??. Can you compare that to Luis Figo of saudi 89 who is still in action after 20 yrs
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by babariches: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
FELIX30:

grin grin grin grin

oh men wahala dey ooo.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by galatico(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
Those old men wey dey pretend to be under-17, Chei I tire for them make them catch them, even arrested them and sentence them go prison, those men that won the uder-17 for Nigeria, I can bet with my life that none of them is below 17 years they are all above 25 years, claiming to be under-17 cheats!!!

1 Like

Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by ken82(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
This is big problem for naija
What will our performance be if we
field secondary school boys.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by tempest01(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2009
it's not about performance. Its about getting good youth players who can be long term replacemet for our senior squad. Not winning @ junior level and can't even qualify for the senior level.

1 Like

Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Mike2Trip4: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
Neptunz:

The world football governing body FIFA have warned all qualified countries for the coming u-17 world cup championship against fielding of overage players.The body gave the warning while commenting on the latest state-of-the- art equipment to counter age cheat which it had acquired due to past occurrence where many countries have been sanctioned including Nigeria.The body further revealed that any country caught stands a risk of a long term ban.Will Nigeria boys u-17 pass this test?, I hope so

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908110088.html

What state of the art equipment?For determining age of living beings?I no understand ooooo.
Truly, If we want to improve our football, we need to use real U17 guys and not all these old guys whose bones never heal if they ever get any fracture.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Morizo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
They are just kidding. This is a country where people can turn water to wine and stone to bread. Our boys would beat them to it, especially inside Naija that habors different patterns of seers and witch doctors. They are even in the pages of newspapers/magazines marketing their diabolic trade in the name of traditional medicine. wetin we no go see.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by aieromon(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
The tournament won't be fun unless we play 30yr olds.Why don't the other teams field over-aged players to balance the equation? tongue
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2009
Uhm.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by DonUmeh(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
kasala don burst, the time is up for our dear '35 yr old' stars.

i can as well recommend one baba at Ijebu to make their bones to that of 17 yr old.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by JAZES(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
Morizo:

They are just kidding. This is a country where people can turn water to wine and stone to bread. Our boys would beat them to it, especially inside Naija that habors different patterns of seers and witch doctors. They are even in the pages of newspapers/magazines marketing their diabolic trade in the name of traditional medicine. wetin we no go see.
Gbam, them don provide solution for them. HEHEHE grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by davidif: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
make them confiscate all our trophies jare.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by PurestBoy(m): 2:53am On Aug 13, 2009
What trophies??
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by novaman: 4:00am On Aug 13, 2009
Tennis lost my sister because some people wanted her to claim 11yrs when she was actually 14, she left when it became clear that some officials vowed to fraustrate her thank she now computer wiz.

It is the NFF that we should blame, they will pressure the coach to win at all cost. I know for sure if you pick real talented U15 from the school feed, train and expose them for 2yrs under a good coach they will grow to become world stars that will last more than 20yrs. The officials don't want to work, they want men to do boys work for them. Lets go back to the block create at least one community base u15 (test them) set up testing centers in each LG, then organise competition in a league format and knockout football, and FA must ensure that they appoint scouts who monitor the boys in every state and LG, do the same in the Shell and Principal Cup and in 2yrs it will work out well for us. We should make it mandatory for clubs to have youth teams that travels with the main teams and play against the own youth team before the main match to warm the crowd minutes/hours before the main match
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by chic2pimp(m): 4:02am On Aug 13, 2009
gazonga:

Hehehehehe!! grin grin

As the saying goes everyday is for the theif but one day is for the owner. Na so u see am be dat ooo . The owners day has finally come grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
tempest01:

it's not about performance. Its about getting good youth players who can be long term replacemet for our senior squad. Not winning @ junior level and can't even qualify for the senior level.
thank u ooo my bruda. Excellent post, if na exam na grade A be dat ooo smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley cool cool cool cool cool
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by davidif: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2009
What trophies??
All our U17 world cup trophies.
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by asha80(m): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2009
gazonga:

Hehehehehe!! grin grin

MrCrackles:

Wahala dey o. . . .
I am not surprised! grin cheesy

FBS:

It's ain't confirmed yet. tongue grin

Odegbami Bemoans Age Cheats In Eaglets
August 13, 2009 14:49 (6 hours ago), 52 views

By Tunde Oyedele

Following reports that 16 players of Golden Eaglets of Nigeria are over-aged players ahead of the Under 17 World Cup, former Green Eagles Captain, Segun Odegbami, says such discovery was an embarrassment to the nation.

Odegbami, who attended the memorial match played in honour of the late Samuel Okwaraji at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, yesterday, said the incessant use of over-aged players in the junior national team in recent times cannot help the development of football in the country.

“I feel very sad that 16 out of 28 players in the Eaglets are over-aged. It is disgraceful that Nigeria cannot get players within the aged bracket.

“We don’t need to cheat before we can do well in the aged grade competition. I think for us to get credible Under 17 players, we need to focus on grassroots tourneys, where we can select players from the Principal’s Cup, Shell Cup and other school sports competitions,” he said.

Odegbami, admonished Nigeria’s football ruling body to ensure that Eaglets coach, John Obuh, selects the players within the age bracket for the U-17 World Cup, which Nigeria will host in October this year.
http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/13/odegbami-bemoans-age-cheats-in-eaglets
Re: U-17 World Cup~fifa Warns Against Age Cheats. by snowdrops(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2009
Yawa wan gas

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Causes An Uproar By Touching The World Cup Trophy (Photos) / Uefa Europa Cup Winner Automatically Qualifies For Uefa Chams. League! / Must Watch Video: 9 Painful DEATHS Ever In Soccer And Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.