Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents (35134 Views)

Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. / 9 Things Teenagers Don’t Want To Hear From Adults / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by headboiy: 7:02pm On May 05, 2016
Bisiebae:

Who force you to read it? its all about Nigerians. Naira-land, duh!

Please if you couldn't comprehend what I wrote, y did u quote me? undecided
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by DrayZee: 7:43pm On May 05, 2016
headboiy:
In other words, my parents aren't Nigerians? undecided

Op, wake up from ur slumber n stop this generalisation n stereotyping angry
I didn't generalize.
In my first post I made it clear this was for "typical Nigerian parents",though there may be few exceptions.
Read clearly and carefully.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by darkenkach(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2016
DrayZee:

I'm not an author. Whoever you think started it is not the author. They all come from one site. And I'm bringing this here so Nairalanders can see it,instead of just seeing bad news about the government and bombings and celebrities every time. Let them see something to make them happy.
Not everything is about frontpage. Those who come to the Education sector of Nairaland can read it.
And who is the OurSchoolNews anyway. I will only answer to him if he owns Zikoko.com

Shut up. If you are not the author, why not give the original writer some credit?
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by DrayZee: 9:06am On May 06, 2016
darkenkach:

Shut up. If you are not the author, why not give the original writer some credit?
Pls, make use of your brain.
Did you not see Zikoko.com on my post.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by MadCow1: 11:27am On May 06, 2016
DrayZee:
2. "I am sorry."

Sorry for what?

My Mother will rather die a million times over than admit she was wrong or that she is sorry.

I promised God I will not be that way with my Children.

I will never be ashamed to admit I was wrong, nor be too proud to say I am sorry to my Kids.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by jaymezzz(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2016
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Udstar(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2016
I disagree with number 11, my dad do ask me to keep the change most times.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Reddington(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2016
Mikylopez:
wen eva my parents say i love you ....i smile sheepishly
Something tells me you smile goatishly whenever you hear a guy say that! grin
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by omobaekiti: 11:55am On May 06, 2016
sorry most of what you are saying are in the old school...I am a father of three kids 13/8/3 years old and I don't engage or say most of what you posted there...and in case you are wondering I am bread and beansed in Nigeria.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by gmacnoms(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2016
teekay213:
so true...saying sorry after beaten and later know you didn't do it.
dey wee js give divert d purpose of d beatin...

Example *I ddnt no u were not d one who left d gate open 2day, but last week, u lost moni meant for ur books*

5 Likes

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by PheezyLee(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2016
Mediapace:
If you like laugh in german.
Because you dub someone yesterday and it graced FP. You now think everyday be Xmas

Mods this guy is impersonating,we don't even know if he stole this from Ourschoolnews,he even said he is posting one this week. WHO KNOWS IF IT IS THIS ONE

Be original!

Zikoko owns em all! That's d source
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by manutdrichie(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2016
Mikylopez:
wen eva my parents say i love you ....i smile sheepishly

Pretty how are you
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Prugee: 12:08pm On May 06, 2016
headboiy:

dont u think ur taking it too personal its supposed to b a joke 2 make u laf.if u can't laf bone

2 Likes

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2016
Bisiebae:

From your reply its obvious you don't even comprehend what the said.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Medunah: 12:12pm On May 06, 2016
Very true.... My momma be like "T?? Will u do this for me?? As if I can say No. angry

1 Like

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by jaymichael(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2016
DrayZee:
"12. What do you want to eat "

This question does not exist because the answer is always rice.
They will be like
MUM: Dayo what will you like to eat?
DAYO: rice.
MUN : Ole, o mo ju iresi lo. Lo gbe omi eba kano my
friend! (you don't know more than rice, better
go boil water for eba my friend!)
You would be like, since you have what you want to prepare on your mind prior, why ask?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by oostin: 12:37pm On May 06, 2016
Speak for yourself. If you never heard these words from your parents a lot of us did. My dad who was a typical no nonsense dad said I'm sorry a number of times, if you want to migrate to countries where their moral tangent has gone haywire please do and stop dissing Nigerian parents, they are the best.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Phlakes(f): 1:44pm On May 06, 2016
Number 4 nt true
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by mirabeldesmond(f): 2:23pm On May 06, 2016
lol... I so love this grin
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Mikylopez(f): 2:27pm On May 06, 2016
manutdrichie:

Pretty how are you
m okk thanks...hope you're fine
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by adorable29(f): 2:30pm On May 06, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

I can see this buhariconomy has made people lose their sense of humour.... undecided

1 Like

Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by NigerianScholar: 2:36pm On May 06, 2016
DrayZee:
Here are some statements you won't hear from a typical Nigerian parent:

http://zikoko.com/list/nigerian-parents-will-never-say/

Do you provide content or have any affiliation with zikoko
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by manutdrichie(m): 3:35pm On May 06, 2016
Mikylopez:

m okk thanks...hope you're fine

I will be fine if we can chat at the backyard grin
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Doubleagent008(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2016
DrayZee:

I didn't generalize.
In my first post I made it clear this was for "typical Nigerian parents",though there may be few exceptions.
Read clearly and carefully.
you don mess up. U come ansa am. People like to dey talk rubbish too much.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by ifekobi(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2016
Most times parents dont use these sentences to avoid complacent behaviour from their children. Also most children tend to abuse privileges bestowed on them. Thus they are just afraid of the outcome.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by DrayZee: 4:33pm On May 06, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Do you provide content or have any affiliation with zikoko
Kinda
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by DrayZee: 4:34pm On May 06, 2016
Reddington:

Something tells me you smile goatishly whenever you hear a guy say that! grin
Lol cheesy
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Phobia1: 5:11pm On May 06, 2016
headboiy:

Nothin has to b 100% to b tru. 70% is enof. u shud wakeUp. even an "A" doesnt mean one scored 100/100.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Phobia1: 5:16pm On May 06, 2016
soulpiano23:
the new generation of parents gonna fault thess points
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT IF WE ALL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY
oh! u took all dis to Nigeria not beon great ba? naaa... dat actuali is wat makes naija d best. we aint white.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by ERCROSS(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2016
Bisiebae:

sisterly... how far naaw..
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by Exponental(m): 6:42pm On May 06, 2016
you ain't totally correct. you speak from the past but most enlightened parents of nowadays ask these questions and respond very positively.
Re: 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents by TheNathan(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2016
Lmao lord my stomach don dey pain me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Demands Money From Me Before Sex – Husband Tells Judge / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / Save Me From Entitled Inlaws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.