Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Do I Help Her Out Of This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Help Her Out Of This? (765 Views)

A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / My Younger Brother Is A Nightmare -- How Can I Help Him? / How Far Can I Help My Now Married Ex-girlfriend Financially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Help Her Out Of This? by handie(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2016
My mum lost her dad last Saturday(April 30th) and since then, she hasn't been herself. Whenever she's alone, u can always see tears streaming down her face and a far away look in her eyes. Since that Saturday, she hasn't really eaten neither has she really been herself.
Tho, I think she was closest to him( they talk on d phone @ least once a day and share virtually everything), is this mourning Normal for a man who was in his late 70s or early 80s before his death?
Her disposition is having negative effects on us( as she really hasn't given us the same attention we used to get from her before the unfortunate event) and as d first child, I feel it most and I think it's my responsibility to help her out @ this trying time.
Problem is, I don't know how to go about helping her out of this before it turns into full blown depression.
P.S: I think this is the first time she's losing someone she's so close to
Re: How Do I Help Her Out Of This? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 05, 2016
Y'all should spend more time with her, don't always leave her to be lonely... You can dedicate someone who will always keep her company all day long...
Re: How Do I Help Her Out Of This? by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 05, 2016
Her husband nko? undecided
Re: How Do I Help Her Out Of This? by Godmother(f): 5:28pm On May 05, 2016
OP, give her time. Its not easy losing a loved one, no matter the age they get to. With time, the hurt will get dull and she will get back to her old self. You all should just show you are there for her right now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Help Her Out Of This? by confistified(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Retrieve This Fund (save A Soul) / . / Food For Thought For Parents U Need To Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.