Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) (82296 Views)

Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov / Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by GINJALAND: 5:38pm On May 05, 2016
It took the efforts of security men to quell what would have been a deadly riot between Igbos as Hausa/Fulani Cattle rearers at Water Side Ogbor Hill.

An Eyewitness narrated that the clash started when an Hausa cattle rearer allegedly stabbed an Igbo man after some slight quarrel, this led to anger among the Igbo people who saw what happened.
"They killed two Hausa men at the spot, others scampered to the nearest police station, as the slaughter boys chased them with matchetes and cutlasses." he said.

The young Igbo man who was stabbed by the Hausa man, was reported to have died some moments later as he was stabbed in the heart, the news of his death made the slaughter boys to organize and head to Mosque street Aba.

As at the time of filing this report, the Hausa community in Aba has been deserted over what they feared as bigger reprisals by Ogbor Hill slaughter boys.

http://ginjaland.com/1633/3-dead-and-scores-injured-as-hausa-and-igbos-clash-at-ogbor-hill-photos

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by SleekAboki: 5:41pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari should step up his game.These his 5% constituents ain't smiling.

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Beremx(f): 5:42pm On May 05, 2016
I fear for a reprisal. I pray it doesn't happen.
God have mercy!

20 Likes

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by masinga07(m): 5:46pm On May 05, 2016
What is this country turning to self. Things are hard and there is no even peace of mind. Bubu why now

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by youngeagle(m): 5:48pm On May 05, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if the God that created me created the Northeasterns,why ist any little provocation from other tribe always result to death,we should look into this o...they kill at anytime with no remorse.

196 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Ohammadike: 5:48pm On May 05, 2016
Beremx:

God have mercy!

Aba boys can take care of themselves

324 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Pwayne2016(m): 5:55pm On May 05, 2016
Ya kpotuba

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 5:59pm On May 05, 2016
It Has started, Abokiss pack and Gerrahrah here mennnnnnnnnnnn grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by AnotherSeun(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
we all know where all this heat started from...
vomitting hate speech and planting hatred in peoples mind to commit havoc....

this country was alrdy peaceful b4, a man who sees himself as a messiah appears in the picture...
only the wise can understand this now but the foolish ones will understand at the end of it all....

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by mideactive: 6:10pm On May 05, 2016
Wat's d color of those roof?it's looks like.....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by EasternLion: 6:15pm On May 05, 2016
mideactive:

That place is slaughter in WaterSide, Hausa cattle market.

70 Likes

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by cybernaut(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2016
Beremx:

God have mercy!
kip deceivin urself wit western religious scam dose white idiot force biafrans 2 watch.whoeva want 2 kil u kil him immdiately and is nt a sin because u must defend urself verified 4rm bible.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by soulpiano23(m): 6:30pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=EasternLion post=45344167]

That place is slaughter in WaterSide, Hausa cattle market.[/quot
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT IF WE ALL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY
Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by soulpiano23(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2016
mideactive:
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT IF WE ALL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by youngeagle(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2016
Vomm:
I think their religion has a lot to do with this!

I don't think so o,because people in the west practicing the same religion Aint that violent...I think some people brainwash them.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by sexybrooke: 6:35pm On May 05, 2016
mideactive:
blind man so you don't know its brown longspan roofing shit btw I thought yorubas said aba is dirty does anywhere in abaokuta look like this?

15 Likes

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by BlackTechnology: 6:37pm On May 05, 2016
The Hausa soldier who took laws into his hand by killing that Igbo man must be arrested , jailed and killed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by oduastates: 6:49pm On May 05, 2016
Yoruba leaders dropped the ball at those pre-independence conferences big time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by kissval1388: 6:49pm On May 05, 2016
As I dey gombe state, make I quickly go pack my clothes. e be like say Na Cameroon or chad sure pass.
before I say make i go east, I must pass like 3 northern state.

God pls let there no reprisal. how person go take escape? I dont want to die in the north.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
Sad

I think the real problem here is simple.

Nigerians do not trust the law enforcement agencies to do a good job prosecuting evildoers.

See....the hausa man that stabbed the Ibo guy could have just been held and arrested by the Police, who would have charged him to court for assault with a deadly weapon. Court imposes the requisite sentence, everyone goes home happy....and lessons are learned.

But in Nigeria....due to several factors including lack of judges,poor law enforcement, overcrowded prisons,and prsioners being set free on bail,as well as perceived, actual,and imaginary unfairness.....most Nigerians do not trust the Law.

Instead...we would rather carry fists and stones to attack innocent people who know nothing about the crime.

This is not just a problem in Aba....it has happened across the country.

Our Law enforcement agencies need to sit up.....and they need more funding,more personnel,and more training.

And for anyone rejoicing over this violence....know that that is how investors are chased away. If investors percieve that an area is violent...they won't come.That is why the North is underdeveloped....as are many other parts of Nigeria.Abia state needs to do better by everyone.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Gmajor(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
Beremx:

God have mercy!
the reprisal has already happened. Lets just pray that the worst has passed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by piagetskinner(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
Oboy.. .this sh1t just got real .

Hope we aren't envisaging a civil war
Hausa guys and violence

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by omusiliyu(m): 6:50pm On May 05, 2016
[size=17pt]BUHARI CAUSED IT[/size]

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Dottore: 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
[size=13pt]Joke with Aba boys that's a ticket to the world beyond
The earlier these deluded herdsmen know that Aba is not Mile 12 or Agility or Agatu, the better for them. [/size]

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by bigerboy200: 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
E don dey happen ohhh
Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by jmoore(m): 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
I thought they said a soldier shot a man first?

Anyway, they should have only arrested the man that did the stabbing first, instead of attacking innocent ones.

I am glad the number of casualties is not high. Wish there wasn't any shedding of innocent blood.

Things like this happen when a leader decides treat "5%" as his enemies.

I hope civil war ain't on the horizon.

21 Likes

Re: Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) by Compliance(m): 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
Aba boys don't fast and pray

43 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Colonialism Good For Africa? / Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) / Hope Uzodinma With Father Mbaka During The Prophetic Declaration On January 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.