Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,754 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps (2171 Views)

5 Former US Presidents Appear On Stage To Raise Fund For Hurricane Victims(pics / The Moment The Trumps Saw The Obamas Off To Waiting Chopper After Swearing-In / White House Staff To Move Out The Obamas & Move In The Trumps In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 05, 2016
For the first time since his own presidency, former President George H.W. Bush Snr is planning to stay silent in the race for the Oval Office and the younger former president Bush plans to stay silent as well.

George W Bush Snr will not endorse Donald Trump's candidacy for president, his aides have told local media. This marks a first for the 91-year-old, who has endorsed Republicans in the past five elections.

Bush had campaigned this year for former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, who exited the race in February and had supported past Republican presidential nominees John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

Trump is now the presumptive Republican Party representative for the U.S Presidency elections.

“At age 91, President Bush is retired from politics,” Donald Trump's spokesman Jim McGrath told The Texas Tribune.

“He came out of retirement to do a few things for Jeb, but those were the exceptions that proved the rule.” His son Jeb Bush dropped out of the GOP presidential race in February.

Bush Jnr meanwhile, "does not plan to participate in or comment on the presidential campaign," according to his personal aide, Freddy Ford.

Source: BBC

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2016
First a black
Then a female
Then a Gay,
Then cometh the end of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Gmajor(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2016
Its only logical. Everyone wants to stay away from a mad dog
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
First a black
Then a female
Then a Gay,
Then cometh the end of the world.
Lucasbalo,CFCman,Missy89 do you think this is the DNC long term goal.I've heard this before but I think it's baseless and the last part is very unrealistic.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Lucasbalo,CFCman,Missy89 do you think this is the DNC long term goal.I've heard this before but I think it's baseless and the last part is very unrealistic.
The last part is not literal, neither is the sequence serial.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2016
ValerianSteel:

It is not unrealistic. It will take a long time before a gay president is elected however. Most Americans are still very conservative.

Liberal sjw will support anything. They need to be stopped before they ruin the entire country with their crazy ideology

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 06, 2016
A gay/lesbian president is a realistic proposition. But like Missy89 said, its gonna take a long time (12-16 yrs) before that happens.

Looks like someone dislikes the SJWs cheesy
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2016
Missy89:

It is not unrealistic. It will take a long time before a gay president is elected however. Most Americans are still very conservative.

Liberal sjw will support anything. They need to be stopped before they ruin the entire country with their crazy ideology
I concur

@Bold grin grin grin
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

I disagree with you that most Americans are conservative. Infact, according to recent clear politics polling, conservatives are about 22% of the US population . They are just loud noisemakers .

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 10:45am On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

It will take a long time before a gay president is elected.

Not so fast, my Luv, Hold it right there before you brainwash my people further! grin This prophecy has been fulfilled by Barack Obama & his transsexual wife Michelle - who was born Michael LaVaughn Robinson and the 2nd son of Fraser Robinson - (A well known cocaine dealer & union thug for Mayor Richard J. Daley in Chicago)

And this was the reason Joan Rivers was killed after making the comment about Michelle Obama being a transsexual live on TV. In Joan's word - It is a well known secret that Barack Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny.

I also heard Obama's favourite “body man” (Reggie Love) was given a very generous “severance package” arranged by Obama's wealthy banking friend (Orin Kramer) to hush Reggie Love up & ensure he was not tempted to write a tell-all book after leaving Obama's stable of males. grin

Missy - Not to worry, I won't believe these spurious allegations until I watch it live on CNN. grin cheesy grin

Picture 1: Michelle Obama accidentally showing off her kuchi-kuchi a.k.a lamba. grin

Picture 2: Obama & Reggie Love in a sober reflection after having a quicky inside Marine-1. grin

Picture 3: Obama smiling gayishly at Reggie Love for an impending “3some ritual” that was about taking place with their new initiate - Marvin Nicholson. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2016
^^^ You are very daft undecided

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 11:28am On May 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
^^^
You are very daft undecided

You know, I've always pitied you whenever Tkester starts shitting & raining insults on you but now, I figured - You deserve it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by UyiIredia(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2016
If Trump wins after all this opposition it will be nothing short of spectacular.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2016
Zoharariel:

You know, I've always pitied you whenever Tkester starts shitting & raining insults on you but now, I figured - You deserve it. grin
At times you appear to be reasonable,other times you are just any incorrigible troll.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I disagree with you that most Americans are conservative. Infact, according to recent clear politics polling, conservatives are about 22% of the US population . They are just loud noisemakers .

http://www.gallup.com/poll/180452/liberals-record-trail-conservatives.aspx
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 4:25pm On May 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
^^^
You are very daft undecided

Lol. What do you expect from Zoharariel? grin

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 4:33pm On May 07, 2016
Zoharariel:

Not so fast, my Luv, Hold it right there before you brainwash my people further! grin This prophecy has been fulfilled by Barack Obama & his transsexual wife Michelle - who was born Michael LaVaughn Robinson and the 2nd son of Fraser Robinson - (A well known cocaine dealer & union thug for Mayor Richard J. Daley in Chicago)

And this was the reason Joan Rivers was killed after making the comment about Michelle Obama being a transsexual live on TV. In Joan's word - It is a well known secret that Barack Obama is gay and Michelle is a tranny.

I also heard Obama's favourite “body man” (Reggie Love) was given a very generous “severance package” arranged by Obama's wealthy banking friend (Orin Kramer) to hush Reggie Love up & ensure he was not tempted to write a tell-all book after leaving Obama's stable of males. grin

Missy - Not to worry, I won't believe these spurious allegations until I watch it live on CNN. grin cheesy grin

Picture 1: Michelle Obama accidentally showing off her kuchi-kuchi a.k.a lamba. grin

Picture 2: Obama & Reggie Love in a sober reflection after having a quicky inside Marine-1. grin

Picture 3: Obama smiling gayishly at Reggie Love for an impending “3some ritual” that was about taking place with their new initiate - Marvin Nicholson. grin
You are a good comedian but you should come to (Second City) for your comics upgrade before your Obama Derangement Syndrome sends you to Mars.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/180452/liberals-record-trail-conservatives.aspx
Missy, this Gallup poll was 2 years ago and you know how fluid the polls can be. If at 33% for argument sake, how does that translate to majority of Americans ?.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by ValerianSteel(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

Lol. What do you expect from Zoharariel? grin
Dude is hilarious.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 7:50pm On May 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Missy, this Gallup poll was 2 years ago and you know how fluid the polls can be. If at 33% for argument sake, how does that translate to majority of Americans ?.

This is a recent one

http://www.gallup.com/poll/188129/conservatives-hang-ideology-lead-thread.aspx?g_source=IDEOLOGY&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

37 Percent right, 35 percent moderate and 24 percent Liberals.

They are the majority when it comes to political ideology in the US. The liberals are actually the minority. However, Most US college professors are liberal (over 90 percent). So most college degree holders tend to be more liberal. They switch overtime thou when they get older. That is why most conservative intellectuals have been on the left once.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

This is a recent one

http://www.gallup.com/poll/188129/conservatives-hang-ideology-lead-thread.aspx?g_source=IDEOLOGY&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

They are the majority when it comes to political ideology in the US. The liberals are actually the minority. However, Most US college professors are liberal (over 90 percent). So most college degree holders tend to be more liberal. They switch overtime thou when they get older. That is why most conservative intellectuals have been on the left once.

That's why some state republican lawmakers are introducing legislation that essentially limits the voting rights of typical college-aged students.

If only adults aged 30 and above were allowed to vote, we would be talking about President Romney.

Moreover, most of the liberal professors usually teach liberal arts classes ie political science, sociology, global studies etc. Business/finance profs are overwhelmingly conservative or centrist.

1 Like

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 8:43pm On May 07, 2016
CFCman:

That's why some state republican lawmakers are introducing legislation that essentially limits the voting rights of typical college-aged students.

If only adults aged 30 and above were allowed to vote, we would be talking about President Romney.

Moreover, most of the liberal professors usually teach liberal arts classes ie political science, sociology, global studies etc. Business/finance profs are overwhelmingly conservative or centrist.

That type of legislation is a good thing. There is no ideological balance in American colleges anymore.

Thomas Sowell (former Marxist) described it perfectly in his 1986 essay. he said :

When bright, educated young people are choosing careers, those who believe who believe in a free market economy often choose careers in that economy. Those opposed to such an economy are more likely to become intellectuals, politicians, lawyers, or parts of various liberal or radical movements. For the intellectual and political battles, the deck stacked, both quantitatively and qualitatively. The political left sends it’s A team into battle against the B team of its critics, who have their A team in the marketplace. The historic drift to the left in the Western world over the generations reflects in good part this imbalance in the world of ideas, rather than any success of left-wing politics when actually put into practice. Such policies have a record of economic disaster around the world, especially in Communist countries, but they are roaring success politically in maintaining support of academic and media intellectuals.

All that has prevented the total and conclusive victory of political left are the defections from its own ranks- people who have been following the facts and have become fed up with what they have seen. Most of the leading figures who oppose the liberals and leftists in the United States are former liberals and leftists. Ronald Reagan and Milton Friedman were both liberals at one time. As a member of the liberal-left Americans for Democratic Action, Ronald Reagan called Barry Goldwater a “fascist.” Friedman had a hand in drafting some of the New Deal legislation he now bitterly attacks. Irving Kristol, the godfather of neo-conservatism, was once a Marxist. Such other leading neo-conservatives as Nathan Glazer and Norman Podhoretz were once prominent supporters of liberal causes. Among blacks today regarded as “conservative,” virtually all were once either liberal or leftists. Harvard professor Glenn Loury, who has criticized preferential treatment programs in recent years, was defending such programs earlier this decade. Walter Williams was such a vocal radical, while serving as a young draftee in the U.S. Army, that he was court-martialed.

2 Likes

Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by patrickmuf(m): 8:56pm On May 07, 2016
I think the determining factor on who occupies the oval office is who Hillary picks as running mate...Sanders should do cos he appeals to most whites (young & old)...A wrong choice from Hillary and the democratic party will just about be the end of it all.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

This is a recent one

You are qouting one polls out of tens of polls out there and Gallup poll is bent towards the political right. Even for argument sake of minus 4 or plus 4 that the polls take, 37% is not MAJORITY of Americans. That's my point of contention. Most of these polling outfits have their political bends too because most of them are funded by Superpacs.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 9:16pm On May 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are qouting one polls out of tens of polls out there and Gallup poll is bent towards the political right. Even for argument sake of minus 4 or plus 4 that the polls take, 37% is not MAJORITY of Americans. That's my point of contention. Most of these polling outfits have their political bends too because most of them are funded by Superpacs.

You are so wrong you dont even know it.

How is the Gallup poll bent to the right? do you have any evidence for this? The question was about political ideologies. The conservatives polls higher than any other group which makes them the majority in that respect. Keep in mind most moderates are split between the two.

Superpacs dont fund polls. They pay them during election to gather data.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

That type of legislation is a good thing. There is no ideological balance in American colleges anymore.

Thomas Sowell (former Marxist) described it perfectly in his 1986 essay. he said :

When bright, educated young people are choosing careers, those who believe who believe in a free market economy often choose careers in that economy. Those opposed to such an economy are more likely to become intellectuals, politicians, lawyers, or parts of various liberal or radical movements. For the intellectual and political battles, the deck stacked, both quantitatively and qualitatively. The political left sends it’s A team into battle against the B team of its critics, who have their A team in the marketplace. The historic drift to the left in the Western world over the generations reflects in good part this imbalance in the world of ideas, rather than any success of left-wing politics when actually put into practice. Such policies have a record of economic disaster around the world, especially in Communist countries, but they are roaring success politically in maintaining support of academic and media intellectuals.

All that has prevented the total and conclusive victory of political left are the defections from its own ranks- people who have been following the facts and have become fed up with what they have seen. Most of the leading figures who oppose the liberals and leftists in the United States are former liberals and leftists. Ronald Reagan and Milton Friedman were both liberals at one time. As a member of the liberal-left Americans for Democratic Action, Ronald Reagan called Barry Goldwater a “fascist.” Friedman had a hand in drafting some of the New Deal legislation he now bitterly attacks. Irving Kristol, the godfather of neo-conservatism, was once a Marxist. Such other leading neo-conservatives as Nathan Glazer and Norman Podhoretz were once prominent supporters of liberal causes. Among blacks today regarded as “conservative,” virtually all were once either liberal or leftists. Harvard professor Glenn Loury, who has criticized preferential treatment programs in recent years, was defending such programs earlier this decade. Walter Williams was such a vocal radical, while serving as a young draftee in the U.S. Army, that he was court-martialed.

What an eye opening article. So I take it that you want the minimum voting age to be increased? But that won't be a very popular move today.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 07, 2016
patrickmuf:
I think the determining factor on who occupies the oval office is who Hillary picks as running mate...Sanders should do cos he appeals to most whites (young & old)...A wrong choice from Hillary and the democratic party will just about be the end of it all.
I don't think Hillary would pick someone older than her, or a nationally celebrated liberal like Elizabeth Warren. Liz Warren as the running mate would take the shine off of Hillary; in fact, she would attract much more massive crowds on the stump than Hillary.

HRC will go for a younger (mid forties to mid fifties) politician that leans liberal. The person could be a man or woman. The person Hillary picks should be someone that's ready to run for president in 2020 or 2024.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 9:36pm On May 07, 2016
CFCman:

What an eye opening article. So I take it that you want the minimum voting age to be increased? But that won't be a very popular move today.

Oh no. It wont happen.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 9:40pm On May 07, 2016
CFCman:

I don't think Hillary would pick someone older than her, or a nationally celebrated liberal like Elizabeth Warren. Liz Warren as the running mate would take the shine off of Hillary; in fact, she would attract much more massive crowds on the stump than Hillary.

HRC will go for a younger (mid forties to mid fifties) politician that leans liberal. The person could be a man or woman. The person Hillary picks should be someone that's ready to run for president in 2020 or 2024.

If she wins. There is a good probability that she wont be a 2 term president. But that depends on how fast the GOP can rebuild.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by patrickmuf(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2016
CFCman:

I'd prefer Sanders...He appeals to the average man on the street, you can't rule out the gains of wooing undecided voters at this point.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Lucasbalo(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2016
Missy89:

You are so wrong you dont even know it.

How is the Gallup poll bent to the right? do you have any evidence for this? The question was about political ideologies. The conservatives polls higher than any other group which makes them the majority in that respect. Keep in mind most moderates are split between the two.

Superpacs dont fund polls. They pay them during election to gather data.
Saying they don't ( Superpacs ) fund polling outfits is wrong. They don't fund all but some of the polling outfits have their agendas too ala Fox News polling and Gallup. Even with that, accepting your assertion, 37% like I said is not a majority. Polls like this are fluids. Depends on how the questions are asked.
Re: Former US Presidents George W Bush Snr And Jnr Will Not Endorse Donald Trumps by Missy89(f): 9:51pm On May 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Saying they don't ( Superpacs ) fund polling outfits is wrong. They don't fund all but some of the polling outfits have their agendas too ala Fox News polling and Gallup. Even with that, accepting your assertion, 37% like I said is not a majority. Polls like this are fluids. Depends on how the questions are asked.

So are you going to post the names of these superpacs or should just take your word for it?

I guess it depends on how you ask the question. In the poll that gives voters two choices -- liberal or conservative -- conservatives have consistently been the majority.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Involved In Marriage Scam In The Uk / Netanyayu Tweets That Hamas Deliberately Targeted Christian Hospital / Israel Is Losing Heavily In The War To The North With Hezbollah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.