Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why We Must Not Allow Religion To Divide Us! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Not Allow Religion To Divide Us! (254 Views)

Southerners Using Fulani Herdsmen To Divide North - Ango Abdullahi / South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Not Allow Religion To Divide Us! by adgorwell: 6:37pm On May 05, 2016
Instead of worship, what we have is warship. The leader is seen as a reincarnation of “God” or something. The leader tells the followers what to do and they accept without question(s). Only the leader’s interpretation(s) of the Holy Books are acceptable. The rivalry between Sheik Gumi and Sheik el-Zakzaky, both preaching Islam but of different traditions, with the former being Sunni and the latter being Shiite, is legendary. Both men’s supporters are reported to have clashed on several occasions in Kaduna.

One will wonder why anyone will want to fight for God. If God is so big or massive, who are His creatures to fight for Him? I imagine a situation where a school bully beats up my four-year old cousin and comes home to report for me to come to his aid. This is normal because my boy can be powerless to deal with the bully. Let us look at another case where I was slapped by a bus conductor at the commercial motor park only for me to get home to “report” to my four-year old boy to fight for me. That sounds absurd isn’t it? This is the case with anyone “fighting” for God.

Continue reading...
http://olalekanadigun.com/rampaging-dis-ease-called-religion-olalekan-waheed-adigun/

(1) (Reply)

Organization, Style Consistency, And Readability Are Great Tools For An Accurate / People And Characters That Were Named After Diseases -- Newsphases / Buhari President Signs 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.