Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

How Did You Learn How To Drive? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Learn How To Drive? (16748 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Funny Memes Relating To When You’ve Just Learned To Drive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by MrRichy(m): 8:35am On May 06, 2016
Learnt it in my dream....
In the morning, i just entered popsy's car and drove off...
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by eyiye(f): 8:52am On May 06, 2016
I am currently learning now and my husband is the teacher. It is not easy at all, last weekend he got so angry and told me that I need to get myself a teacher.The challenge am having is changing of gear and controlling the steering.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by DisGuy: 8:53am On May 06, 2016
took 50-60 lessons from college years to university. even bought a car before I got my license. btw failed my driving test 4 times!!!

£20/hr chei i could have just gone to Kazeem to teach me within 4 hours

to drive in lagos im definitely going to get lessons from a danfo driver i dont mind paying!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by sunkieisland(m): 9:01am On May 06, 2016
This topic exist on another board here.

Na GTA, NFS underground, Test Drive I take learn driving.
I also learnt watching other drivers when i sit in the front seat.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bigsmoke2(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2016
I had 3 teachers
Gear 1 my dad's mechanic
gear 2 my cousin
gear 3/4 my dad
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Ifebazz(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?
I learnt the hard way too, but I learnt how to write in simple and correct English before I hit the road. Try it, it really works.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 06, 2016
It was "look and learn" for me,backed up by the Love and fascination for cars,auto engineering,curiosity and the desire to prove to myself that I really can drive. And by 15 or so I did.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 06, 2016
I didnt go to any driving school.

I didnt learn from anyone.

I just dont know. Maybe from the games i played cheesy

Control of the steering was a little ish but after a week, all was in perfect shape.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Nuella222(f): 9:45am On May 06, 2016
My hubby travelled, I woke up early in the morning to get my son ready for school when I noticed he had a fever. His temperature was so high that I started crying running heltha sceltha looking for what next to do. because of tension my fingers were shivering on my phone...to make a phone call though I couldn't pin point who I was about to call. Immidietly I dashed to the car keys...he bought the car for me in mind that I would start learning when he comes bck from his trip.
I carried my son and rushed to the car, did the sign of the cross and off I zoomed...how I managed to reach that hospital is what still baffles me up till today. That was how fear fear like me started driving. After that incident, I went to the mall the next day and ran over a dog, lol. Now I can take my son to school, go to church, saloon etc with the car jee jee...no more accidents. Lol
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by mzEhmmy(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2016
I didn't go to a driving school, all thanks to my boyfriend. The first time was at night where he left me all to myself,I was scared like shit. The rest na history now...
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by MagnaB: 10:21am On May 06, 2016
bastien:
Driving school 2wks, 1wk for theory the other week for practical.

For anybody who wants to drive first of all enroll into good license driving school... U gonna learn so many things, I was happy I did

1. Cars steering has number, which many drivers don't know
2. Cars can move without u engaging the throttle/gas
3. They are two common ways to hold the steering (2-10 or, 3-45 etc)
4. The last person wey drive the car fit don adjust am go front top much, when u drive na ur leg go dey pain u.
5. Those sign on the dashboard, some people dey drive them no know oil sign smh.

Etc
Please please and please stop using the 10 and 2 configuration when driving. It is and outdated method of driving (I guess your driving school doesn't know that). It was the ideal method for driving before the advent of airbags which are now in car steerings and is quite dangerous if It hits you on the hand when an accident occurs so the new ideal configuration is the 9 and 3. I hope you find this helpful

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by kunle75(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2016
bastien:
Driving school 2wks, 1wk for theory the other week for practical.

For anybody who wants to drive first of all enroll into good license driving school... U gonna learn so many things, I was happy I did

1. Cars steering has number, which many drivers don't know
2. Cars can move without u engaging the throttle/gas
3. They are two common ways to hold the steering (2-10 or, 3-45 etc)
4. The last person wey drive the car fit don adjust am go front top much, when u drive na ur leg go dey pain u.
5. Those sign on the dashboard, some people dey drive them no know oil sign smh.

Etc

I learn t everything i know about driving here on Nland and car talk section in particular and youtube help me also
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Osisie(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2016
My papa naim teach me. Wasn't funny, mehn.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by bastien: 10:49am On May 06, 2016
MagnaB:

Please please and please stop using the 10 and 2 configuration when driving. It is and outdated method of driving (I guess your driving school doesn't know that). It was the ideal method for driving before the advent of airbags which are now in car steerings and is quite dangerous if It hits you on the hand when an accident occurs so the new ideal configuration is the 9 and 3. I hope you find this helpful
hmm, thanks, I do use 9-3, but I'm not comfortable with it
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by EmmaCSi(m): 11:36am On May 06, 2016
One Smuggler( Yorubas call them Faya-Wo), taught me how to Drive, that guy has zero Joy, Used a bus in teaching me, that was even fair Enough, he dint take me to a free space or open Field, The Nigga took me to lagos-Ibadan expressway and I started from there, I nearly wan die cheesy cheesy, learnt it under 3 days, and I have never had an accident, I drive anything now. cool
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Meesquared(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2016
learnt with a manual car in 2009. a friend taught mee. changing of gears is still a problem. buh Dieu Merci I don't have to change gears Cuz I drive automatic gear cars
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by tayorx(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2016
Lots of youtube video
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by DonTim1: 12:39pm On May 06, 2016
INSTINCT,CURIOUSITY,TRIAL & ERROR grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by timilehing(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
that's cool, but what was your most difficult challenge? Mine was steadying the steering wheels..
Needless speed
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by Demrich(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2016
noskeybaba:
About to learn, but work won't let me have the time. But definitely before the end of the year. I remember November last year, I visited my sister, she was pregnant, then she was in labour, I don't know what to do, the husband was not around but this car was home. I couldn't drive. We had to wait for the husband. That was the first time of seeing a woman in labour. She cursed me like never before. Lol. Like "why cant I drive" and calling me names. We laugh about that now. But I really felt bad about not being able to drive my sis to hospital.
DOWNLOAD RACE GAMES...DATS HW ME...
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by lugard50(m): 5:04pm On May 06, 2016
my is IN-BORN........... No body thought me.... At the age of 15 i started driving or was it 12 self
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by ziego(m): 7:03pm On May 06, 2016
marshalcarter:

#coughs

Eazy baba

Humble truth

No one taught me
I became perfect for a day drive
I learn by observation
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by missuniverse(f): 7:29pm On May 06, 2016
MrRichy:
Learnt it in my dream....
In the morning, i just entered popsy's car and drove off...
laye is my favourite song,what about you? grin
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by deefrosh: 10:19pm On May 06, 2016
Smartsyn:
I learnt through the hard way.

When I was in school, that was my 2nd year, I was living with an Uncle and he has many cars, and two of them was at our disposal. His two sons, my age mates can all drive, but I can't, I have never drive before in my life.

One morning as I was washing one of the cars, I never knew that you must not step on the throttle before the car moves, I just start the car, engage the gear and remove my leg from the crunch, the car jumped and hit the car in front. That was my first experience with a car.

Weeks later, one of the sons asked me to drive, we're on the highway, he told me what to do and was like I got it. From gear 1, I jumped to gear 4 while I was dancing with the steering, I nearly caused an accident.

That was how I managed to learn, after many attempts.

How did you learn how to drive, did you went to a driving school?

I didnt went o...when i wanted to went an issue came up...but now i'm ready to went
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by rafcrown(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2016
NO.
hardbody:

Ten past 7 is the safest steering handling position.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by sanyahkod(m): 5:52am On May 08, 2016
hardbody:

Ten past 7 is the safest steering handling position.
That one na for una wey dey use 2 hands hold steering o. When I drive my right hand is relatively functionless unless I wan push gear stick or off engine. grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by KingGeorgey(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2016
Gaming!!!!
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hardbody: 11:15am On May 08, 2016
sanyahkod:

That one na for una wey dey use 2 hands hold steering o. When I drive my right hand is relatively functionless unless I wan push gear stick or off engine. grin

Bad and inexperienced driving skill. I am also guilty. I was only conveying the basic expectation for a good driver.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by sanyahkod(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2016
hardbody:

Bad and inexperienced driving skill. I am also guilty. I was only conveying the basic expectation for a good driver.

Basic I agree but that doesn't make one inexperienced unless you are still a learner. It's recommended for beginners who haven't gained balance with the steering. You tend to be more relaxed and confident as your driving experience becomes superb.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by hentech911: 2:45pm On May 09, 2016
Mine was in my dreams. I always see myself learning how to drive in the dream, at a point i was able to drive very well in the dream.
when i had the opportunity to drive in real live, i drove very well, it was really fun.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by addicted268(f): 2:05pm On May 10, 2016
My official driver taught me.
Re: How Did You Learn How To Drive? by SOMICMACPHERSON: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2018
Google Aurora partner with hyundai and Volkswagon to Produce self driving cars...

http://www.earthprex.com/google-aurora-partners-self-driving-car/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cmr & Proof Of Ownership / Car Quiz - Tell Us The Names Of These Cars Using Their Rear Lights / Different Car Body Types You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.