Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. (18790 Views)

See 30 Of The Weirdest Car Accidents (pix) / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by qtx(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
Explorers:
5. Simply wearing a seatbelt reduces your risk of a crash related death by 50 percent.

*. Men are 10% likely to use their seatbelt than women.
Right from the day i was been instructed on how to drive years back, my instructor sounded like it was an abomination to ever move any vehicle without wearing seat belt.
From that day till now, i have never driven any vehicle without putting on my seat belt.
In fact i feel very uncomfortable driving without seat belt engaged.
I am cool about that.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by 0gbeni(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2016
nice one at oga explorers.. you are always on point ...thanks for opening our eyes

for those countering his facts,pls BRING YOUR OWN FIGURES WITH REFERENCES and stop the bare-faced jealousy
Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by Image123(m): 5:53pm On May 09, 2016
jayriginal:

Look around. The problem is that people just swallow anything coming from a perceived authority without questioning. That's why our politicians get away with the nonsense they do.

He made the stat up. Facts are sacred. If he had said "a number of" rather than 50% I would have had no problem with it.

Explorers clearly said and you quoted MORE THAN 50%. Do you need any statistician to tell or confirm that? Except you are blind, it is easy to see that more than half people in cars don't use seatbelts in Nigeria. You don't need the Bible or a professor to say that before you know.

4 Likes

Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by kossyablaze(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2016
Kakamorufu:
i promise not to be like you
lmao OK o
Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by jayriginal: 12:03am On May 10, 2016
Image123:

Explorers clearly said and you quoted MORE THAN 50%. Do you need any statistician to tell or confirm that? Except you are blind, it is easy to see that more than half people in cars don't use seatbelts in Nigeria. You don't need the Bible or a professor to say that before you know.

Coming from a Bible thumper like you, it doesn't surprise me.

You swallow anything you're told.
Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by Kayharry(m): 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
http://kayharry.com/comedian-craze-clown-breaks-crash-his-bmw-car/
Comedian Craze Clown breaks crash His BMW Car
Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by Exjoker(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2020
Explorers:
2. Vehicle rollovers are the most deadly type of car accidents.

image: http://www.sternberglawoffice.com/rollover-car-accidents-in-florida/
And I survived rollover last three month.... God is great!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Accidents: Some Facts And Statistics You Really Need To Know. by Exjoker(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2020
Explorers:
6. In Nigeria, more than 50% of drivers dont use seatbelts for the safety purpose but to avoid fine by the FRSC.
just make 99% because I don't even use it even though I travel a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lincoln Confirms New China-Made SUV To Suit Local Consumers / GAC Motor GA3S Price And Specifications (photos) / Lamborghini Builds It’s 8,000th Huracan In Just 3 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.