Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? (1073 Views)

8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin / My Rehab Story,i Guess I Failed Nairalanders, I Drank 1 Bottle Of Codeine (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2016
I noticed that throughout last month and this month, that I have been taking 1 bottle of coke everyday... And it seems to me that I have started overstepping my boundary and that it might not be quite healthy as such.

Please should I continue or I should slow down, or is that a bad habit with some negative health implications, considering the amount of sugar that it contains?
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 06, 2016
YES
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 9:19am On May 06, 2016
ricky8996:
YES
Please with reason(s) will be much appreciated
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 06, 2016
bongolistik:
Please with reason(s) will be much appreciated
Increase sugar level and excess Gas
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2016
ricky8996:
Increase sugar level and excess Gas
If you say so, you should also remember that some people also take eba everyday, which can equally increase sugar level as starchy foods are being converted to glycogen (glucose-sugar) in the body
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by may01(f): 9:26am On May 06, 2016
Poor sleeping patterns, risk of obesity, darkening of your teeth(enamel erosion) and other side effects.

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 9:28am On May 06, 2016
may01:
k
my luv is that all you have to say?
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 06, 2016
bongolistik:
If you say so, you should also remember that some people also take eba everyday, which can equally increase sugar level as starchy foods are being converted to glycogen (glucose-sugar) in the body
but has lesser effect
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by dulux07(m): 9:52am On May 06, 2016
Osteoporosis - due to its carbon content

High blood sugar- due to its high sugar content

Irregular alertness and sleep pattern - due 2 d presence of caffeine in coke.

Notwithstanding this will have lil or no effect if u workout regularly.
A coke a day isnt that bad, depends on the kind of meals u take in a day.
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by BlissP(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2016
How can a Sane person take one bottle of coke everyday for one month ' don't u have value for ur health? Sorry, there is no justification or explanation, diabetes is deadly.. I pray u don't encounter it

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 10:08am On May 06, 2016
dulux07:
Osteoporosis - due to its carbon content

High blood sugar- due to its high sugar content

Irregular alertness and sleep pattern - due 2 d presence of caffeine in coke.

Notwithstanding this will have lil or no effect if u workout regularly.
A coke a day isnt that bad, depends on the kind of meals u take in a day.
I thought Osteoporosis is associated with old age. I beg to differ that coke contains caffeine.... Caffeine beverages are power drinks like Bullet and Horse Power... You can also get it in Kola..
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by dulux07(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2016
bongolistik:
I thought Osteoporosis is associated with old age. I beg to differ that coke contains caffeine.... Caffeine beverages are power drinks like Bullet and Horse Power... You can also get it in Kola..
Coke normally contains caffeine, those without caffeine r not common and its boldly written on it, i dont think those ones r even available in nigeria.
Osteoporosis affects not only old people. Soda drinks like coke have been linked 2.

Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Miracle212(f): 10:28am On May 06, 2016
bongolistik:
I noticed that throughout last month and this month, that I have been taking 1 bottle of coke everyday... And it seems to me that I have started overstepping my boundary and that it might not be quite healthy as such.

Please should I continue or I should slow down, or is that a bad habit with some negative health implications, considering the amount of sugar that it contains?
If not for anything, for your health pls eg Diabetes
Let's try to live healthy for our loved ones esp our kids
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by bongolistik(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2016
BlissP:
How can a Sane person take one bottle of coke everyday for one month ' don't u have value for ur health? Sorry, there is no justification or explanation, diabetes is deadly.. I pray u don't encounter it
Diabetes is not caused by coke neither is it caused by sugar as you thought. In fact your body needs those sugars that you are forbidding for energy build up and strong healthy living. The thing that causes diabetes is when your pancreas is no longer able to secret enough insulin that breaks down those sugar (coke, yam, eba etc) intakes and use them for energy.... By so doing sugar can then accumulate in the blood and can result to diabetes... It is not like it is the coke or sugar that you are taking causes the diabetes, but the break down of metabolic activities emanating from insufficient insulin. And do you know the dangers of lacking sugar in the body? Diabetes can also be inherited..

I am not defending my recent daily intake of carbonated drink, in fact that is why I want to know the health implications if there is any..and most importantly when is it that it's termed excess intake of carbonated drinks like coke
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by PlayerMeji: 12:08pm On May 06, 2016
Warren Buffet drinks an average of 6 cans each day for more than 28 years and he is still alive and hasnt stopped!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 06, 2016
Sugar is very addictive; this's a bad sign because sugar has no nutritive value(google it). Your daily consumption would only lead to higher doses which would eventually expose you to a high risk of obesity and diabetes.

If not convinced, it was discussed extensively here. Your question is only a rehash of the issue:

https://www.nairaland.com/1945376/pepsi-vs-coke
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Disasterman2: 4:20pm On May 06, 2016
Also faced these problem. Try to enjoy your busy life. Believe these problem will be solved.
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:30pm On May 06, 2016
Isn't it funny? You came online to know the health implications of this unhealthy addictive habit and at the same time still justifying yourself for indulging in it. Every side effects written up there are so real.
A distant relative of mine died from diabetes and guess the cause, daily consumption of coke, pepsi and what have you. Rather than taking coke why not go for natural fruit juice or smoothies. They are very healthy. Most especially those made up of water-melon, cucumber, bananas and lemon. Very good for the body and sex life.
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by phykiesexy: 5:03pm On May 09, 2016
Bia oh is like u know d answer to d question u asked. So y ask?
Re: Please Is Anything Wrong In Consuming 1 Bottle Of Coke Everyday? by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 09, 2016
As long as you have a daily workout regimen..... There is nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Multiple Accident On Warewa Long Bridge Lagos / 9 Signs That Show You Might Have Depression / Aany Gym Around Alagbaado

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.