Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget (23258 Views)

FG Rules Out Electricity Tariff Hike For Now / FG Rules Out Online Application For Poor, Most Vulnerable Nigerians / ‎FG Rules Out Military Action Against Rampaging Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Vongsama(m): 5:06pm On May 06, 2016
Nigerians you have been warned not to complain but to be complacent and applaud mediocrity.

To be forewarned dey say, is to be forearmed.

#ChangeIsConstant_CIC
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 06, 2016
OK o
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by ave4(f): 5:15pm On May 06, 2016
Budget in arrears + warning in advance.Apc on the march again!May God help us
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Cmiller(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2016
Ebubeslym:
CHANGE they say is constant.

this CHANGE is blindly constant....
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by tatucci: 5:58pm On May 06, 2016
the only reasonable thing here is saying 2017 budget will come earlier. which is only talk. when time comes another big big talk for follow...Bubujuice abi na bobojuice
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by DrLaminga: 5:58pm On May 06, 2016
Na d only english wey u sabi 'scam' go skul LOLO grin
STFUand4kMeHARD:
And the Scam goes on grin
STFUand4kMeHARD:
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Heffalump(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Indeed, Nigerians are really very wicked over all things. No wonder this country continues to fall apart. Why can't we be objective and constructive for crying out loud? Lord have mercy, biko! angry angry angry
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Alhaji1970: 6:03pm On May 06, 2016
FULL TEXT OF THE REMARKS BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AT THE SIGNING OF THE 2016 APPROPRIATION BILL INTO LAW ON FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2016, ABUJA

1.It gives me great pleasure today to sign the first full-year budget of this administration into law. I thank the leadership of the National Assembly, in particular, the Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and indeed all members of the National Assembly for their cooperation in making this a reality.

2.The budget is intended to signpost a renewal of our commitment to restoring the budget as a serious article of faith with the Nigerian people. This Administration is committed to ensuring that henceforth the annual appropriation bill is presented to the National Assembly in time for the passage of the Act before the beginning of the fiscal year.

3.Through the 2016 budget, aptly titled "Budget of Change’’, the government seeks to fulfill its own side of the social contract. The Budget I have signed into law provides for aggregate expenditures of N6.06trn. Further details of the approved budget, as well as our Strategic Implementation Plan for the 2016 budget, will be provided by the Honourable Minister of Budget and National Planning.

4.I shall be speaking in more details about the Budget, its implementation and the over-all national economic and social policies of the Government in my address on May 29th, God willing.

5.In designing the 2016 budget, we made a deliberate choice to pursue an expansionary fiscal policy despite the huge decline in government revenues from crude oil exports. This is why we decided to enlarge the budget deficit at this time, to be financed principally through foreign and domestic borrowings. All borrowings will however be applied towards growth-enhancing capital expenditures.

6. The signing of the budget today will trigger concerted efforts to reflate the Nigerian economy, a key element of which is an immediate injection of N350bn into the economy by way of capital projects. To illustrate our renewed commitment to infrastructural development, the 2016 budget allocates over N200bn to road construction as against a paltry N18bn allocated for same purpose in the 2015 budget.

7.Despite the current difficulties we will work extra-hard to achieve our revenue projections. Our revenue generating agencies are coming under better management and are being re-oriented. The implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) is expected to contribute significantly to improving transparency over government revenues.

8.Our determined fight against corruption is resulting in improvements in the quality of public expenditure. The work of the Efficiency Unit, as well as other public financial management initiatives, are also contributing in this regard. The continuing efforts to reduce recurrent expenditures should hopefully free up more funds for capital expenditure in 2017 and beyond.

9.As I said in my New Year message, living in State House does not in any way alienate me from your daily struggles. I read the newspapers and listen to the TV and radio news. I hear your cries. I share your pains.

10.We are experiencing probably the toughest economic times in the history of our Nation. I want to commend the sacrifice, resilience and toughness of all Nigerians young and old who have despite the hardships continued to have hope and confidence of a great future for Nigerians. But permit me to say that this government is also like none other. We are absolutely committed to changing the structure of the Nigerian economy once and for all.

11.We are working night and day to diversify the economy so that we never again have to rely on one commodity to survive as a country. So that we can produce the food we eat, make our own textiles, produce most of the things we use. We intend to create the environment for our young peoples to be able to innovate and create jobs through technology.

12. I cannot promise you that this will be an easy
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by erico2k2(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2016
SleekAboki:

It shows they even lack confidence in the budget implementation. They are in for a shocker cos patriotic Nigerians would hold them accountable for 100% implementation.
Guy I Don dey wait for like 3 hours now make dem tell me what is needed for %100 implimentation of the budget no answer yet.I still dey wait
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by smirn(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2016
Pavarottii:
Government of Scam! Well budget has been passed, let's see wats next!
Nigeria has never in history gotten 100% budget implementation. He made it clear that hopefully 2017 budget will be passed and signed into law earlier on time. Budget need time because its all about incomes and expenditures. Anybody who is not confortable with the minister's statement should GO AND DIE
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by linuxuser(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2016
Now we know that the DULLARD PRESIDENT is really Dullard and not in charge. He says one thing and the people in charge says another thing. What a bunch of fools. And some rats will now be comparing the DULLARD with someone in America or Europe.
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by disloman(m): 6:55pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

When did truth bcome scam?
They don't deserve your attention.When they are raised in impunity and lies.What do you expect?
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by Fmartin(m): 7:02pm On May 06, 2016
ajebuter:
They are already preparing grounds for future blames..

It's in them.

Awon eleregbe!
sister, what we should all knw is that, some of d constituency projects should come to mind wen d fg said d budget may nt b fully implemented. Coz of d way it was padded. D fg get sense
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by pressplay411(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Even winch go fear d person wey do u like this. Only the most high can intervene.
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2016
tuale4u:

When did truth bcome scam?
the truth eventually became a scam the moment the fed govt admits they may not be able to fully implement the 2016 budget which took them ages to sign
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by hornyman(m): 11:23pm On May 06, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Shut up. If GEJ budgets were monitored we will realise it were not properly implemented. So GEJ budget was the bigger scam, cos the budgets have come and gone but you can't tagged a Budget that have just been signed today a scam.
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by judondasylva(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2016
I expected that not surprised at all
Re: FG Rules Out Full Implementation Of 2016 Budget by bashydemy(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2016
Fablonwa:
Morning excuses. You should have started working with your budget and see how it goes before the excuses. I hope the money won't be shared amongst yourselves even without implementing the budget.
at the bold, do you mean the same way 2nd 9ja bridge was shared? You mean the same way Armed deal was shared by GEJ and his thieves? Sorry it's not business as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Nominates Chairman, Commissioners For NCC / Imo APC Ward Congress: How We Defeated Okorocha's Camp ― Deputy Gov.Team(video) / "Condemn The Mass Murder Genocide In Gaza" – Fani-Kayode Begs President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.