Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight (9783 Views)

Fg’s Appointment Of NFF Board Members An Oversight – Dalung / Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians / "I'm Not Leaving APC" Tinubu Assures Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by lamzybaby: 2:55pm On May 06, 2016
Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has commended Nigerians for their patience while awaiting presidential assent to the 2016 Appropriation Act and promised that the National Assembly will ensure its proper implementation through diligent oversight.

Saraki who today (Friday) joined Speaker Yakubu Dogara and other top government officials in witnessing the signing of the budget into law by President Muhammadu Buhari, said the responsibility is now that of both the executive and the legislature to ensure that the objectives and goals of the budget are duly realized.

http://nigerianpilot.com/budget-saraki-assures-nigerians-adequate-oversight/

Press Release
May 6, 2016

#Budget2016: Saraki Assures Nigerians of Adequate Oversight

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has commended Nigerians for their patience while awaiting presidential assent to the 2016 Appropriation Act and promised that the National Assembly will ensure its proper implementation through diligent oversight.

Saraki who today (Friday) joined Speaker Yakubu Dogara and other top government officials in witnessing the signing of the budget into law by President Muhammadu Buhari, said the responsibility is now that of both the executive and the legislature to ensure that the objectives and goals of the budget are duly realized.

He called on ministers, heads of departments and agencies to hit the ground running with the implementation of the various provisions made in the budget so that the expectations of the people can be fulfilled.

"On our own part as members of the National Assembly, we will closely monitor the implementation of the budget by providing effective oversight. We will also ensure that all necessary laws that will aid the transformation of the contents of the budget into practical policies, projects and programmes that will directly have positive impact on Nigerians will be put in place.

"That is why we have started the amendment of the Public Procurement Act to ensure that a substantial percentage of the money to be spent in the budget are made available to Nigerians through government patronage of Made-in-Nigeria goods and services."

The Senate President thanked Nigerians for their continued support for the present administration and promised that now that the budget has been signed into law people will start seeing the positive impact on the economy and their standard of living.

Saraki restated the National Assembly's commitment to early passage of subsequent budgets since the President had promised earlier presentation.

End

Signed:

Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the President of the Senate
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Bassee(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2016
I believe you
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by omowolewa: 3:03pm On May 06, 2016
This kind of oversize, if not for paying attention to details, by now oversight would be of the padded budget.

Kwara - tactics

8 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by moshmusth(m): 3:41pm On May 06, 2016
Praise or kill him... he has written is name with golden pen in the history of this country .. there is always two sides to how you choose to narrate the story. .

1 Like

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 06, 2016
From prison undecided

7 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by yarimo(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Yes that is how justice umar of CCT will over sight your case, you like it or not

8 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by appini: 9:00pm On May 06, 2016
Nice one
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by falconey(m): 9:02pm On May 06, 2016
grin

If i say make una shout THIEF!!! even Thief go dey follow dey shout thief!!!.

13 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by simplemach(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2016
budget of yams
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2016
My Project Topic: padded budget 2016, a case study of APC.
Budget submitted: on the last minute of deadline
Received after: 72 hours of submission
Retrieved by: the presidency months later
Got stolen by: THE UNKNOWN
Budget supervisor: APC mafia's
Budget excluded: calabar rail system
Budget signed included: calabar rail system

We don't care how you do it or what it cost, just do it. Nigerians knew the Budget was padded (which never happened before) but this administration has put another song in our mouth and you are part of it.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by iambijo(m): 9:03pm On May 06, 2016
See space
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by free2ryhme: 9:05pm On May 06, 2016
Oversight to launder money. Negodu oyeoshi
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by free2ryhme: 9:07pm On May 06, 2016
grin grin see this thief
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by greatiyk4u(m): 9:09pm On May 06, 2016
Who cares?
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by englishmart(m): 9:10pm On May 06, 2016
its too late dear; I'm in south Sudan already

1 Like

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Presbulg(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2016
Can this man resign already
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by inonsyyahoocom(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2016
I only come here to read comments.
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by captainmuyi(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2016
Funny Replys but i still think saraki is the perfect man for the senate president role

1 Like

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:16pm On May 06, 2016
Resign from where? His defection was part of machinery that brought APC to power. Don't be biased. Its all give and take game
Presbulg:
Can this man resign already

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:18pm On May 06, 2016
Where are you from.
Keneking:
From prison undecided
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Abalado(f): 9:18pm On May 06, 2016
I hate dis traitor called kakaki or saraki i dnt knw for him with dat idiot called ameachi,na dem finish GEJ,,and d mumu senators at d national assembly are sopotin him,bunch of beast's
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Sir03(m): 9:21pm On May 06, 2016
Thank God for signing the budget cus we in Nigeria Police Academy we have not been paid for 2years now and we are been promise that we will be paid this year when the budget is sign
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2016
No matter how small you're, if you're smart you will eat at the table of men and no matter how big you're if you're not smart you will be the bodyguard at the table of men
captainmuyi:
Funny Replys but i still think saraki is the perfect man for the senate president role
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by najib632(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2016
fistonati:
Resign from where? His defection was part of machinery that brought APC to power. Don't be biased. Its all give and take game
Guy bukola will not come back 2019 bet me
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:25pm On May 06, 2016
God will open your chapters for good but don't come out of that college and be like your seniors here oo
Sir03:
Thank God for signing the budget cus we in Nigeria Police Academy we have not been paid for 2years now and we are been promise that we will be paid this year when the budget is sign
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by fistonati(m): 9:28pm On May 06, 2016
Sit down, don't rush your garri and cold water. Its season film, wait and enjoy the drama.
Abalado:
I hate dis traitor called kakaki or saraki i dnt knw for him with dat idiot called ameachi,na dem finish GEJ,,and d mumu senators at d national assembly are sopotin him,bunch of beast's
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by nkemjacob2(m): 9:40pm On May 06, 2016
I shake my head for nigeria (NIGERIA SUCKs)
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Abinupesi(m): 9:54pm On May 06, 2016
I am for we Nigerian
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by LocalChamp: 10:22pm On May 06, 2016
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

1 Like

Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by eddyslim(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2016
Saraki I hail oh..
Re: Budget: Saraki Assures Nigerians Of Adequate Oversight by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 06, 2016
You shall remain mahthah senate presido(amen)

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals / Governor Okowa Celebrates 60th Birthday, Hosts People With Disabilities (Photos) / BREAKING: Top Nigerian Leader Dies After Surgery (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.