Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise - Dating And Meet-up Zone (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise (191027 Views)

Mature Chat Room / Chat Room For Searching Males/females In Delta / Unilag Fun Chat Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Alright....lol. That's nice.
where did u hear about these soups?
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
where did u hear about these soups?

Hear about them? Ummm...my dad is Igbo.
If I don't know any other Nigerian food, I certainly know those two soups...
I grew up eating both of those soups...so I'm very familiar with them smiley
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:
Have I kept you long enough sir? CC: Gees101
oh yes u have engaged me constructively, a time well spent

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
oh yes u have engaged me constructively, a time well spent

Lol...I meant were you ready to close the lovely conversation?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:15am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Hear about them? Ummm...my dad is Igbo.
If I don't know any other Nigerian food, I certainly know those two soups...
I grew up eating both of those soups...so I'm very familiar with them smiley
yeah, read your little write-up on your dad,glad u had a taste of 9ja,kudos to your dad

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
yeah, read your little write-up on your dad,glad u had a taste of 9ja,kudos to your dad

Thank you...
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Lol...I meant were you ready to close the lovely conversation?
sorry, sometime this english language sef en!!!lol. am willing to keep the covesation going,would u love to?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Thank you...
am sure u can cook these soups well?
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
sorry, sometime this english language sef en!!!lol. am willing to keep the covesation going,would u love to?

Lol..it's no problem. I'm trying to learn Pidgin..
Yes we can continue...
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
am sure u can cook these soups well?

Ummm...well I'm working on it...lol.
That was what I was telling someone a little while ago that I wanted to keep working on making those soups just right cause my dad is picky when it comes to those two soups.
I actually never made either one of them growing up..my mom did.
I normally conquer any dish I decide to make...but dealing with Nigerian food is a little different for me.
I wasn't able to have it for Father's Day but I'm working towards making it for my dad's birthday coming up in a few months.... smiley
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:26am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Lol..it's no problem. I'm trying to learn Pidgin..
Yes we can continue...
really wanna learn pidgin language?then you can be my student, will gladly teach u

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:29am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
really wanna learn pidgin language?then you can be my student, will gladly teach u

Yes I do...cause I love the way I see it written here on N.L...and on the movies.
It's just very unique to me...
Thanks sir...I would love that.
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Ummm...well I'm working on it...lol.
That was what I was telling someone a little while ago that I wanted to keep working on making those soups just right cause my dad is picky when it comes to those two soups.
I actually never made either one of them growing up..my mom did.
I normally conquer any dish I decide to make...but dealing with Nigerian food is a little different for me.
I wasn't able to have it for Father's Day but I'm working towards making it for my dad's birthday coming up in a few months.... smiley
ok u are still a learner, but its very easy to cook it. Mum did?aiint u lucky? still u did not learn from mum?chai nawa 4 u o
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
ok u are still a learner, but its very easy to cook it. Mum did?aiint u lucky? still u did not learn from mum?chai nawa 4 u o

Well let me be brutally honest here....
I didn't want to learn how to cook it...
The majority of meals we ate growing up...were American dishes...and that was good enough for me.
So those dishes I learned....but the Nigerian dishes I just didn't really see a need to.
Plus my mother had perfected the soups so well (and my dad was happy with it), that I didn't want to try to make them.
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:38am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Yes I do...cause I love the way I see it written here on N.L...and on the movies.
It's just very unique to me...
Thanks sir...I would love that.
(Thanks sir... i would love that) in pidgin is (thanks sir... i like am). thats your 1st lesson

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
(Thanks sir... i would love that) in pidgin is (thanks sir... i like am). thats your 1st lesson

Yay!! This is great..
Thanks sir...I like am....
I dey happy!!! Lol....Did I say that right?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:43am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Well let me be brutally honest here....
I didn't want to learn how to cook it...
The majority of meals we ate growing up...were American dishes...and that was good enough for me.
So those dishes I learned....but the Nigerian dishes I just didn't really see a need to.
Plus my mother had perfected the soups so well (and my dad was happy with it), that I didn't want to try to make them.
now u gonna suprise dad, its easy dont worry, there are cooking apps u could download too
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:45am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Yay!! This is great..
yes na, u need to happy or u say(my bele dey sweet me)
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
now u gonna suprise dad, its easy dont worry, there are cooking apps u could download too

Yeah...I've got time to get this right...and I will get this right.
He will be so happy!
I love cooking...just a little less confident on the soups.
Which soup do you think I should make?
I'm gonna have to travel to another city to get the ingredients....cause no store sells them where I live.
Or actually one of my sisters lives in a city that has the ingredients I would need (like egusi seeds --if I do Egusi or pounded yam for the fufu or bitterleaf etc.,)
Yeah, I'll look into the apps or YouTube also...
I'm excited...
I think I'll post the pics on my diary!
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
yes na, u need to happy or u say(my bele dey sweet me)

My bele dey sweet me....wow!
I'm gonna start writing all of this down.

Na wa so...does that mean "Is that so"?
Did I even write it correctly?
Or is it Na wa o?
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:52am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Yay!! This is great..
u are right... u could also say(my bele dey sweet me)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 1:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

My bele dey sweet me....wow!
I'm gonna start writing all of this down.

Na wa so...does that mean "Is that so"?
Did I even write it correctly?
Or is it Na wa o?
hahaha.. na wa o...means (damm it,fvck it)its an expression of not being happy or being happy...depends on the situation
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
hahaha.. na wa o...means (damm it,fvck it)its an expression of not being happy or being happy...depends on the situation

Oh my goodness..... shocked
All of this time...I've been thinking it was what I wrote?
I'm so embarrassed....Mercy.... embarassed
See this is so good that you are teaching me....
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 2:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Yeah...I've got time to get this right...and I will get this right.
He will be so happy!
I love cooking...just a little less confident on the soups.
Which soup do you think I should make?
I'm gonna have to travel to another city to get the ingredients....cause no store sells them where I live.
Or actually one of my sisters lives in a huge city that has the ingredients I would need (like egusi seeds --if I do Egusi or pounded yam for the fufu or bitterleaf etc.,)
Yeah, I'll look into the apps or YouTube also...
I'm excited...
I think I'll post the pics on my diary!
better to start with egusi and ogbono you are familiar with. you know the ingredents right?
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
better to start with egusi and ogbono you are familiar with. you know the ingredents right?

Well they are two separate soups.....but I wanted to know what you thought about in terms of picking one of those two..
Yes..I pretty much know the ingredients....
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 2:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Well they are two separate soups.....but I wanted to know what you thought about in terms of picking one of those two..
Yes..I pretty much know the ingredients....
ok start with egusi

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
ok start with egusi

Just what I thought you'd say...
I thought that would be best also...gotta get the seeds though.
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 2:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Just what I thought you'd say...
I thought that would be best also...gotta get the seeds though.
when u are ready ask your sister to get the items, then we take it up from there
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
when u are ready ask your sister to get the items, then we take it up from there

Yeah...gonna do that. Interestingly enough we were talking the other day and she said something about an African ingredient that she saw in a store and that she was gonna send it to me. So yeah...she would be the one.
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 2:14am On Jun 21, 2018
i wan sleep...means...i wanna sleep...sleep dey catch me....means....i wanna sleep...lol Cc:mobilia

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 21, 2018
gees101:
i wan sleep...means...i wanna sleep...sleep dey catch me....means....i wanna sleep...lol Cc:mobilia

Lol....awesome! I love it..gonna write that one down too! I like "sleep dey catch me!"
I thought you may need some sleep..
It's late there....only 8:16 p.m. here.
How do I say "good night"?
Re: Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise by gees101(m): 2:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Mobilia:

Yeah...gonna do that. Interestingly enough we were talking the other day and she said something about an African ingredient that she saw in a store and that she was gonna send it to me. So yeah...she would be the one.
ok dear,get the right ingredients o! no chilli pepper here o.,hahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (170) (Reply)

Romancelanders Voice Note Thread 2015 / What Is Your Date Of Birth? See If U Have A Match / 2024!! Marriages For Working Class: Drop Your Contact And Get Your Spouse Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.