Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes (1953 Views)

Lady Sues Her Father For Delaying Her Marriage To The 'love Of Her Life' / Man Bites Off Mother-in-law’s Finger For Scattering His Marriage / Help. A Little Family Problem Is Scattering My Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by donogaga(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2016
What you’re about to read was written by a professor who’s worried about what marriage has become. It’s a comparative analysis between wives of today and wives of the good days by Prof. Yusuf Dankofa:

1). Yesterday’s Wives
Welcome my husband, hope the office was not stressful., your favorite food is ready, let me lead you to the bathroom first,then you take your dinner, you look so tired, am sure you’ll be okay after taking your dinner, welcome my one and only.

Some Today’s Wives
Please don’t put unnecessary pressure on me, you can go to the fridge pick up the soup and microwave it and boil some rice, I’m your wife and not your slave. We are equal, nothing like a head.

2). Yesterday’s Wives
Darling stop thinking about our lack of money. Its going to be temporary. God will see us through and we are going to come out of it stronger. After all, we can still feed ourselves and the children. We need to give the Almighty that glory. I am with you through thick and thin, my husband.

Some Today’s Wives
Look I am sick and tired of living in this condition with you. Why did you bring me to your house when you know that you are not ready for marriage? Every day you come with one complaint or the other. Are you the Complainant General of Nigeria? We don’t have a big car, our house is in Abule-Egba, when your mates are in the Island and Ikeja. Look if you don’t do something, you will come back and not find me in this your nonsense house.

3). Yesterday’s Wives
My husband, we only have 3 children, don’t you think we should have more? You know children are gifts and mercies from God. Who knows, one of these children will make us proud tomorrow.

Some Today’s Wives
Look am sick and tired of this marriage. You won’t allow me to rest by your constant urge to have more children. I am okay with our two children. I can’t allow you to spoil my figure 8 by bearing another 4 children. You are so wicked that I feel you want to spoil my psychedelic looks. If you dare disturb me one this bed again, I will sue you for r*pe.

4). Yesterday’s Wives
My husband, take heart and don’t worry. I shall go with you to Zaria. Your being transferred from Lagos to Zaria might be a blessing in disguise. We shall take the advantage of the less expensive schools over their to save the huge money we spend for our children’s education, for future purposes. This your transfer could just be a blessing.

Some Today’s Wives
Me I can’t follow you to Zaria o. God forbid bad thing. From Lagos to Zaria? I can’t cope with such nonsense. To start living in a local town without my friends? You had better look for another wife. I can’t live in a town without SilverBirds, Shoprite and other big places. You’re on your own please.

5). Yesterday’s Wives
My husband, I have enough clothes. This N1,000 you are giving me, keep it and save for a rainy day.

Some Today’s Wives
Why are you so stingy? Do you have super glue in your palms? What kind of shopping do you want me to do with just N10,000? What can I buy? Do I look like a cheap girl? I am disappointed in you. Your mates are buying iPhone for their girlfriends and wives, giving them $10,000 to go Dubai, you are here humiliating me with ordinary Naira. I don’t blame you. It is because I refused to marry my ex-boyfriend because of XYZ reason, that’s why you are messing with me. In fact, I will leave your house.

– The spirit of ‘instant gratification‘ is catching up with many. I wish our ladies of today will be patient enough to understand their purpose in marriage. Build a sustainable life, not just to enjoy today!

https://nigeriacamera.net/see-marriage-used-sweet-love-money-started-scattering-homes/

3 Likes

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by donbenedict(m): 11:39pm On May 06, 2016
grin cheesy oh evil wives of 2016.
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by Mrbigman1(m): 11:58pm On May 06, 2016
Bu dis bride totally lacked a single extra idea of another sign to display?

Damn u, you need help even before marriage
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by Nobody: 12:00am On May 07, 2016
Its not a lie , at least my mum can testify !!!
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by Justycxx(m): 12:16am On May 07, 2016
true that!
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by kiddoiLL(m): 12:18am On May 07, 2016
honest clear post

1 Like

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by HCF(m): 3:16am On May 07, 2016
In short,Today's wives are end time wives.... grin
But, i think there are still good natured wives out there,though very few...

1 Like

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by chriskosherbal(m): 4:10am On May 07, 2016
That was cool sonehow
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by ephemm(m): 4:32am On May 07, 2016
Congrats to those truly have a blissful marriage.

It isn't easy.

For those struggling, God will give you the strength to persevere.

1 Like

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by TheArchangel(f): 5:43am On May 07, 2016
Yesterdays men were hustlers.
Men who took pride in providing for their families.
Men who goes extra miles to make ends meet.
Men who understoods that the world is changing and believes in the need to train their girl child to be self reliant and self sufficient.
Men who understood the mistakes of their parents and decides to make amends by training their daughters not to rely on the men of today as if they know how today's men will turn out.

Today's men are bunch of lazy sisses who can't hustle to fend for their families but rather depends on their women to make ends meet. Who will tell a lazy ass man welcome, take your bath with this soothing warm water and eat your food when he has barely left the house.?
When you share bills 50-50 but house chores are done solely by the woman yet you are expecting sweet words and servitudes, Na straggle I go straggle you.

12 Likes

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by lilmax(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2016
See as my hand dey scratch me to slap the first “today‘s wife“

The comment above should give men enough reason to make money

2 Likes

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by Nobody: 7:51am On May 07, 2016
OP, did your grandma welcome your grandfather like this?

"Welcome my husband, hope the office was not stressful., your favorite food is ready, let me lead you to the bathroom first,then you take your dinner, you look so tired, am sure you’ll be okay after taking your dinner, welcome my one and only."
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by HaneefahRN(f): 8:49am On May 07, 2016
TheArchangel:
Yesterdays men were hustlers.
Men who take pride in providing for their families.
Men who goes extra miles to make ends meet.
Men who understands that the world is changing and believes in the need to train their girl child to be self reliant and self sufficient.
Men who understands the mistakes of their parents and decided to make amends by training their daughters not to rely on the men of today as if they know how today's men will turn out.

Today's men are bunch of lazy sisses who can't hustle to feed their families but rather depends on their women to make ends meet. Who will tell a lazy ass man welcome, come bath and eat your food when he has not left the home.?
When you share bills 50-50 but house chores are done solely by the woman but you are here expecting sweet words and servitudes, Na straggle I go straggle you.

Hmmm, harsh but true. They are always out to paint women black without checking themselves. Not all though. Some women are also very guilty but generalizing things isn't good

3 Likes

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by TheArchangel(f): 9:05am On May 07, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Hmmm, harsh but true. They are always out to paint women black without checking themselves. Not all though. Some women are also very guilty but generalizing things isn't good
Sorry for generalising but that guy started it undecided.
Hope you are cool?
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by HaneefahRN(f): 9:13am On May 07, 2016
TheArchangel:
Sorry for generalising but that guy started it undecided.
Hope you are cool?

Lolz, I understand, quite annoying. And not all women in the olden days were goody two shoes nor the men, we have people with bad personalities in whatever era.

Yeah, I am o. I believe you are too.
Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by AyeeIdris(f): 11:06pm On May 07, 2016
So you are implying that the yesteryear women who did all these didn't get cheated on, husbands did not beat them or bring in another wife
Be honest, most of our mothers had horrendous marriage but becos they had the " I will stay and die here " attitude, they stayed and "endured" aged, became bitter and tried to encourage the next generation to do same. However, these generation of women have given themselves brain. No one has chill for suffer head. A husband is not God. But we will treat him like a king so long as he treats us like a queen. Everyone deserves to happy. Women are not martyrs

5 Likes

Re: See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes by BlackDBagba: 6:24pm On May 03, 2017
grin someone needs to see this!!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Breastfeed You Till The World Ends", Nigerian Lady To Her Man / My Boss Wife Wants Us To Tell Her About The Movement Of Her Husband / Dear Diary. . . I Miss My Husband And My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.