Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? (1408 Views)

Reps Reject Oil Firms’ Relocation To Niger Delta / New Delta Suicide Squad NDSS Emerges, Issues 7Day Ultimatum To Private Oil Firms / Militants Attack Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 2:05am On May 07, 2016
Who is going to benefit from these pipeline explosions?

Answer: the same Western multinational companies that are allowing the explosions to happen.

Reach you own conclusions.

Are we not holding these oil firms responsible for securing their assets?

I strongly suspect that these oil firms are involved in these explosions and conveniently hiding behind fake stories of "new militants groups "
How coincidental that these militants suddenly are springing up just when we have a serious government that has started to clean up the corrupt oil sector.

It is well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Prepare for another few weeks of worsening fuel scarcity and lack of electricity.
So who benefits from pipeline explosions?

Is it the so called (probably non-existent)"militants" ?

Is it the Nigerian Public?

Is the Oil firms who get to contracts to rebuild and profit from a non-functioning and corrupt oil sector?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by tomakint: 2:44am On May 07, 2016
You may not be far from the truth pal. There is a strong connection from the Western World regarding these bombings and it is for real.

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by chriskosherbal(m): 3:47am On May 07, 2016
Yet to be proved oo
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:21am On May 07, 2016
Anything is possible grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Taribizy(m): 4:26am On May 07, 2016
OP what you are suggesting is like a farmer killing his own crops just to create a scarcity. I seriously doubt that, multinationals make more profits while in full operation. For each day no work billions are lost

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by 989900: 5:00am On May 07, 2016
Multinationals do/sponsor illegal oil bunkering #fact

Multinationals and pipeline vandalization? No, I don't think so.

Pipeline vandalism is sponsored by refined petroleum products importers, alternative power equipment importers, local chiefs and 'warlords'.

Those are your prime beneficiaries -- I pity those poor misguided souls who are being used blind, and would lose their lives for a false cause and peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by TPAND(f): 5:23am On May 07, 2016
This guy just said militants are non-existent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Leobrain(m): 5:43am On May 07, 2016
s
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by kcnwaigbo: 6:00am On May 07, 2016
Since when did it become the job of the oil companies to provide security for the pipelines!! Buhari has failed and nothing else.No one should even begin to attempt a window dressing.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by vincent10(m): 6:16am On May 07, 2016
Why not talk about the cause of the problem first.
Solve the problem and there will be no bombing of facilities.

Ask Bihari.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Nobody: 6:18am On May 07, 2016
worksmart:
[s]Who is going to benefit from these pipeline explosions?

Answer: the same Western multinational companies that are allowing the explosions to happen.

I strongly suspect that these oil firms are involved in these explosions and conveniently hiding behind fake stories of "new militants groups "
How coincidental that these militants suddenly are springing up just when we have a serious government that has started to clean up the corrupt oil sector.

Prepare for another few weeks of worsening fuel scarcity and lack of electricity.

Is the Oil firms who get to contracts to rebuild and profit from a non-functioning and corrupt oil sector?[/s]

Yoruba...you will know them; they are more concerned about ND oil than even Niger Delta people! Go and read every thread about Niger Delta oil; you see them warning militants on how Buhari will deal with them. Lol! Yorubas...why are you still concerned about ND oil when Lagos and Ondo now have oil as you claimed? Master of propaganda; you claim to have oil yet you are salivating at someone else's oil. GIVE ME A BREAK!

4 Likes

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2016
Sorry you do not appear to have comprehended this thread.
It has nothing to do with tribe ; It is about the economic sabotage of the country.

When the fuel scarcity starts no tribe is immune from the resulting hardship and inconvenience.
Knowledge9000:

Yoruba...you will know them; they are more concerned about ND oil than even Niger Delta people! Go and read every thread about Niger Delta oil; you see them warning militants on how Buhari will deal with them. Lol! Yorubas...why are you still concerned about ND oil when Lagos and Ondo now have oil as you claimed? Master of propaganda; you claim to have oil yet you are salivating at someone else's oil. GIVE ME A BREAK!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Flashh: 1:38pm On May 07, 2016
worksmart:
Who is going to benefit from these pipeline explosions?

Is the Oil firms who get to contracts to rebuild and profit from a non-functioning and corrupt oil sector?

No source to prove it?
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2016
Read my post again.
The so called militant group that has just sprung up is probably non-existent and likely just a convenient cover the multinationals to carry out this economic sabotage.

TPAND:

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 1:47pm On May 07, 2016
That is why there is a question mark in the title of this thread.
Corrupt members of NASS may likely be in collusion.

Why does NASS never seem to ever summon this multinational to ask what they are actually doing to protect these assets?

Also coincidental somewhat that timing coincided with NASS going for 1 week break.
Flashh:

No source to prove it?
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by kayfra: 1:47pm On May 07, 2016
TPAND:

His stupidity can't be imagined so I won't even try.

Wonder what they feed these people.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by kcnwaigbo: 1:49pm On May 07, 2016
worksmart:

Why does NASS never seem to ever summon this multinational to ask what they are actually doing to protect these assets?

since when did it become the job of the multinationals to protect these assets? I thought we have a commander-in-chief in this country

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2016
I use the term pipelines loosely, the oil platforms and parts of pipelines being used by Chevron for instance should be responsibility of Chevron to secure. After all if those assets do not belong to them then how could be referred to as Chevron oil platform?
kcnwaigbo:

since when did it become the job of the multinationals to protect these assets? I thought we have a commander-in-chief in this country

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by kcnwaigbo: 2:01pm On May 07, 2016
worksmart:
I use the term pipelines loosely, the oil platforms and parts of pipelines being used my Chevron for instance should be responsibility of Chevron to secure. After all if those assets do not belong to them then how could be referred to as Chevron oil platform?

it is the job of the government to provide security!!! Buhari is the one to be blamed and no one else!!!
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 2:04pm On May 07, 2016
So do you consider it stupidity to ask questions.
Nobody said militants do not exist.

Question is do there exist genuine militant or a group of hired thugs colluding with the multinationals?
kayfra:

His stupidity can't be imagined so I won't even try.

Wonder what they feed these people.

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by 2sexycom(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2016
Taribizy:
OP what you are suggesting is like a farmer killing his own crops just to create a scarcity. I seriously doubt that, multinationals make more profits while in full operation. For each day no work billions are lost
I was just talking to my friend who works with one of the oil servicing companies and guess what he told me? That his boss has been very happy over the news. Wait make I grab screen shot and show you. He told me today, few hours ago.

You don't seem to understand or know the magnitude of greed of the average Nigerian.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Flashh: 2:13pm On May 07, 2016
OK!
worksmart:

Also coincidental somewhat that timing coincided with NASS going for 1 week break.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by UyiIredia(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2016
They might be going from what I've read here but I doubt it. I don't think they would want to shoot themselves in the foot by hampering their profits blowing up pipelines.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 2:24pm On May 07, 2016
So what are the multinationals actually being paid billions of dollars for?
kcnwaigbo:

it is the job of the government to provide security!!! Buhari is the one to be blamed and no one else!!!
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2016
Get contracts to rebuild destroyed facilities is very profitable for the multinationals. Besides the sabotage of a government that is starving them of additional side streams of income from corruption may also be their motivation.
UyiIredia:
They might be going from what I've read here but I doubt it. I don't think they would want to shoot themselves in the foot by hampering their profits blowing up pipelines.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Perceptor(m): 2:30pm On May 07, 2016
Knowledge9000:

The yorubas ar concerned abt niger delta because they ar able to harness d resource for their development while you guys ar too primitive to do so. That is why u cry dat Lagos is built wt oyel money while you av nothing to show for d same oyel in ur possession.

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 07, 2016
Oil servicing firms aka the oil facilities construction coys and not the oil producers benefit.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Stalwert: 3:45pm On May 07, 2016
All I know is Buhari must mop the ND with the faces of these so called militants and use their skin for making boots
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:59pm On May 07, 2016
worksmart:

Why does NASS never seem to ever summon this [size=16pt]multinational to ask what they are actually doing to protect these assets?[/size]

Mogbeeee oooh!

Multinationals are to protect sensitive government infrastructure. Hmmmm.

No wonder Buhari has supporters. Daft is plentiful in the land.

1 Like

Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 4:21pm On May 07, 2016
Who owns Chevron oil platform?

Why is it not called government oil platform?
PapaBrowne:

Mogbeeee oooh!

Multinationals are to protect sensitive government infrastructure. Hmmmm.

No wonder Buhari has supporters. Daft is plentiful in the land.
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by worksmart(m): 4:22pm On May 07, 2016
Nationalise the oil firms so we can be sure that any sabotage is not an inside job
Re: Oil Pipeline Explosions: Are Multinational Oil Firms Behind The Sabotage? by Taribizy(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2016
2sexycom:
I was just talking to my friend who works with one of the oil servicing companies and guess what he told me? That his boss has been very happy over the news. Wait make I grab screen shot and show you. He told me today, few hours ago.

You don't seem to understand or know the magnitude of greed of the average Nigerian.
Oil companies ie shell, Chevron are the owners. Oil servicing companies work for the oil companies. No oil company will be happy with this news n that's what I'm trying to day

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Attack On Niger Delta Avengers Is An Attack On The South. / We Shall Declare Niger Delta Republic On August 1 - Adaka Boro Avengers Warns / Raid: Why I Was Arrested - Justice Dimgba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.