Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? (1098 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Unfaithful Wife Renders Husband Impotent In Lagos / Husband Concerned That His Wife Is Silent Even Knowing That He Cheated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
Personally from experience, I must tell you that the answer is a NO. your wife been unfaithful is not enough reason for a breakup or divorce. I will throw more light on that after I get other opinions. please really think about it before giving airing your views. this thread ain't for "nairakids"
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Outstrip(f): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2009
Cheating can be grounds for divorce but in reality far worse can happen. If the person was a habitual cheater then yes. If it was a one time thing and the person is genuinely sorry and taking strides to show you that he/she is sorry and values the relationship then why throw away a good thing. I believe that a man that cheats once is better than a man than hits once.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 4:29am On Aug 13, 2009
i mean it can be for some folks who takes any kind of cheating super seriously because it's a betray of marriage vows and trust.

however, it's not always the case especially when the cheating eagle is genuinely sorry for his/her act and not sorry because he/she got

caught
and also if the cheating was unintentional like i mean the person being under the influence of alcohol (though not a good excuse

though). the trust maybe lost in the marriage or maybe weaken, things can still be worked out.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2009
@chaircover, @~Sissy~, @Outstrip,  I  am really impressed with your excellent views and personal opinions, been unfaithful can be avoided but one question. IS LOVE ENOUGH REASON TO BE FAITHFUL? 

My opinion.  LOVE IS NOT A ENOUGH REASON TO BE FAITHFUL.  an unfaithful woman does not necessarily love the partner less, I'll also explain this as soon.

Note:- My concentration is on women been unfaithful and not the other because in this part of the world women have bigger heart and tend to forgive men even when they become seriously involve in ex-marital but we the  men find it difficult to forgive our women when they are found guilty of such and call for a separation almost immediately.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
It is more than enuf reason to end the marriage.
i dont wanna know that another man has been sucking her nipples and yet suck it again, no way.
God no go lemme see fire for inside "konga"
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by steve49ja(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
Is Knowing That Your Wife Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce?

Yes!
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 6:04am On Aug 14, 2009
steve49ja:

Is Knowing That Your Wife Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce?

Yes!

Fhemmmy:

It is more than enuf reason to end the marriage.
i dont wanna know that another man has been sucking her nipples and yet suck it again, no way.
God no go lemme see fire for inside "konga"

just a question for the two of you.  is your wife knowing that you're cheating reason enough for her to ask for divorce even if you wholeheartedly apologize and is sorry for your act?
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

just a question for the two of you.  is your wife knowing that you're cheating reason enough for her to ask for divorce even if you wholeheartedly apologize and is sorry for your act?

That will be up to her, i cant answer for the woman now.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That will be up to her, i cant answer for the woman now.

i know it will be up to her, but would you like her to forgive you? inside you must be feeling something, like "i really want her to forgive me or i just want this marriage to end"
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

i know it will be up to her, but would you like her to forgive you? inside you must be feeling something, like "i really want her to forgive me or i just want this marriage to end"

Only a mumu wont want forgiveness now, u bet, i will like her to be able to forgive me, except, if i really dont want the marriage anymore grin cool but i am not the woman now, and it is harder for a man to live with adulterous woman than it is for a man to live with ashy wife
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Only a mumu wont want forgiveness now, u bet, i will like her to be able to forgive me, except, if i really dont want the marriage anymore grin cool but i am not the woman now, and[b] it is harder for a man to live with adulterous woman than it is for a man to live with ashy wife[/b]

interesting, care to expandiate on that?

but what if she cheated and ask you to forgive would you?
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

interesting, care to expandiate on that?

but what if she cheated and ask you to forgive would you?

I mean the men's ego will never allow a man to forgive such, can u imagine kissing the woman and remember that another man don kiss her, the man will get angry just like that and probably go cold, so i think it is even better for the woman to ask for divorce than go thru the torment of cold shoulder.
If she cheats and ask for forgiveness, i am not sure i can forgive oh, i will be real, but if i can, maybe God can give me some special anointing for forgiveness sha grin
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by tpiah2: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2009
well, most Naija men see adultery on the wife's part as grounds enough for divorce, though they insist on the wife forgiving them should they ever do the same.

I did hear they're more lenient with their foreign wives sha.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
tpiah*:

well, most Naija men see adultery on the wife's part as grounds enough for divorce, though they insist on the wife forgiving them should they ever do the same.

I did hear they're more lenient with their foreign wives sha.

God forbid bad thing.
Either foreign or local, no way.
I can even forgive the local wife, cos the family will ask what happened, and cos i can be able to trace good days back to all things, but if na foreigner, she don go longest time ago, and knowing that i will win at the court, forward march be that jare.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I mean the men's ego will never allow a man to forgive such, can u imagine kissing the woman and remember that another man don kiss her, the man will get angry just like that and probably go cold, so i think it is even better for the woman to ask for divorce than go thru the torment of cold shoulder.
If she cheats and ask for forgiveness, i am not sure i can forgive oh, i will be real, but if i can, maybe God can give me some special anointing for forgiveness sha grin

double standard always in existence. can you also imagine the woman kissing, sucking and tugging you knowing that some other women done the same?
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

double standard always in existence. can you also imagine the woman kissing, sucking and tugging you knowing that some other women done the same?

I agree with you and i know it is not fair.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Sissy3(f): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I agree with you and i know it is not fair.

i know, i mean if only people in this world would live by the golden rule "Do unto others as you have them do to you" the world will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

i know, i mean if only people in this world would live by the golden rule "Do unto others as you have them do to you" the world will be a better place.

Agreed.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 15, 2009
interesting, some of us can be realistic to know that things don't always go the way we expect and applying rules to everything we do including marriage could cos problems. like i said earlier, As much as I don't wish any of us go thru such, its almost inevitable in some cases but when it happens a decision has to be taken, that's were love comes into play, if we can remember correctly all the characteristics of love we've known, love is kind, love is caring, love is this, love is that nobody actually mentioned "love is faithful" why? before this thread is closed, i will give too instances (very good ones) that will make us understand the effect of any of the action we decide to take. but personally i still believe that it is not enough reason for divorce.

Note: This is only when a woman is caught unfaithful and not otherwise.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by steve49ja(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

Yes.

That depends on her ability to forgive and let go.
If she really wanna leave (forgives but just cant continue) no one wouldnt understand. But all depends on my sincerity and how much i realise i want my family to be together and if my confession's able to touch and convince her (which is mostlikely da outcome).

I honestly would like my wife to move out if by Gods grace she catches me or has evidence to prove. If she doesnt (move out) i will never stop except if da 'holyghost' touches me. But if she does (mostly when we have kids) I (every serious man) would do all i (he) can to keep my (his) family together.

The mentality to this is: A cheating husband changes when caught;
                                    A cheating wife always cheats even when you're in da office. who knows she might be with your driver.

Do you know it even gets worse when you guys have seks and she moans?? you wouldnt concentrate on whats going down but da thoughts in ya head would be is this how she moans when he does it? (after she's been caught).

But honestly its a different ball game entirely when Im da one cheating. If she were cheating how would i know da so called 'Junior' is my Junior and not my neighbour's/driver/colleague/ or her manager?

End of da road i tell ya.
Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by rubi(f): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2009
If you cannot handle the hurt pls do vice versa

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing That Your Spouse Has Been Unfaithful Enough Reason For Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
rubi:

If you cannot handle the hurt pls do vice versa

true dat

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There True Love Between Married Couples? / Marriage Vs Relocation.am Confussed.pls Help / Men, If Your Wives Are Financially Superior To You Will You Still Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.