Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,669 members, 7,844,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? (22064 Views)

President Buhari Presents N7.3trn 2017 Budget to National Assembly / President Buhari Presents 2017 Budget To The National Assembly / Opinion - Lawmaker's Constituency Allowance, Of What Benefit To The Masses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Standing5(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2016
KiTATITA, u spoilt their party big time. The thread was meant to attack the performing FG under Buhari's watch.
This is the first budget in Buhari time n so the op shoule expect a different result.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 07, 2016
More employment opportunities.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Bonethugss: 7:23pm On May 07, 2016
Money will soon be in circulation. This is an expansionary budget, it's noticed that the economy is dry, no money flow, this budget aims to pump billions to stimulate the Economy. All things being equal the effect will trickle down in less than a year. Once the ministry of finance starts the disbursement.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by mollie12: 7:30pm On May 07, 2016
Simply put, more money in circulation.

There is a significantly high proportion in this year's budget that has been allocated to CAPEX spends, so that means many construction/infrastructure projects will open up.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Wealthyonos(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2016
The benefit is that, money will flow from the top to the bottom.
Pls i will advice you to stay at the middle becos the money could grow thinner before it gets to the bottm. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by mukhcech(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2016
miketayo:

like you said intends... the question now is: are all those thing u mentioned up there really going to be achieved by the government?

Yes, By Gods Grace.
Incase u dont believe in God. It is still a yes from me. If you are a doubting thomas, just wait at the end of 4yrs. Goodnight.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by AMI3(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2016
Op dear, don't build your hope around the government rather build your hope in GOD. The only way a common man can be remember in our society like ours is when he or she has struggled to push his or herself to the top by doing extra ordinary thing.

Remember this, that you are just a common man
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by tuniski: 7:47pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

I don't know who you are or what you are into to tell you the benefits of the budget in your life. Let me say you have no job and you don't want to work which is unlikely. Government intents to introduce N350 billion into the economy each quarter through investment in infrastructure. It means there'll be road construction, railways and other capital projects. The construction worker will get a job. He will buy more food, beer, buy meat, pay house rent. He will be able to dash you something from his income. No matter what he spends on, the beneficiaries will have more money to buy other things, including the garri seller, the beer seller, the prostitute, etc. Spending on electricity means that the artisan; welder, barber, hairdresser will spend less on petrol and have more money to spend on other things. That your friend who who would normally not bring out food in your presence will be more generous. What I suggest is that you read the 33 point economic policy direction earlier revealed by the government as well as the 34 priority focus projects recently announced through the Finance Minister; you'll find where to key-in and benefit from. Have a good mindset

Very simple any spending by govt on the economy will increase money circulation. However, this yeye govt has no money to spend cos they currently are still borrowing to pay salaries! Where will d money come from? No loan no FDI and falling government revenue. All the noise remains noise. The only new thing is to be commencement of capital project!
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by oglalasioux(m): 7:50pm On May 07, 2016
Governments benefit the citizens through creating enabling environment for;

1. Provision of amenities.
2. Provision of infrastructures.
3. Security.
4. Health care.
5. Education. etc.

So your benefit is usage of the things mentioned above.

In saner climes, what government does is to indemnify the private sector to provide these and a good credit system for the citizens to consume. In a multiplier effect, it provides jobs for the people. These things are what budgets take care of.

The problems with Nigerian budgets is that government tries to take care of everything, which is better in a way, but as you and I know, the monies end up in private pockets.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by kole22k(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2016
most nairalander that usually call PMB a dullar and all sort of names are even worst than being call a dullar. if a nairalander can be asking what are the benefits of signing a budget at this age, and it's the same set of people that always criticize any action of the gorverment saying PMB never went to school they don't h
ave this, they don't have that. if not for this administration that open the eye of most Nigerian to the significance of a good budget and how money should be appropriated to eliminate the most pressing needs of the people in the last administration majority of people never know when the budget is being passed not to talk of when it was signed. I hope and believe that the current budget would go a long way if the implementation is well control and monitor.

5 Likes

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 07, 2016
miketayo:

like you said intends... the question now is: are all those thing u mentioned up there really going to be achieved by the government?
So long as the money is spent in stimulating the economy, it's going to benefit everyone. My only fears are 1). The President is stingy and doesn't release money easily. I don't want money returned at the end of the budgetary year (2). Our propensity to consume foreign goods and services. Instead of buying Nigeria, income and earnings would be changed to foreign currencies and used to import frivolous items. (3). Our work attitude is lame. The Nigerian worker is not very productive. (4) Ethnic and sectarian allegiance is at its peak; with potential for sabotage of governance. (5). The welfarist aspect of the budget leaves room for cronyism and corruption. Overall if we maintain the course, in ten years the country will start to experience the benefits of diversification

2 Likes

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by menxer: 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
As a man thinks so is he (his experience)
As a people think....

To All those that think/say there is nothing they will benefit from this budget, So Mote it be.

As for me and my house, we shall partake of the good things this budget shall bring to our nation, So mote it be.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 07, 2016
tuniski:

Very simple any spending by govt on the economy will increase money circulation. However, this yeye govt has no money to spend cos they currently are still borrowing to pay salaries! Where will d money come from? No loan no FDI and falling government revenue. All the noise remains noise. The only new thing is to be commencement of capital project!
There's money that the President refused to spend yet. We have savings from fiscal discipline as well as borrowing. Let's hope it is committed to servicing the budget.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by miketayo(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

So long as the money is spent in stimulating the economy, it's going to benefit everyone. My only fears are 1). The President is stingy and doesn't release money easily. I don't want money returned at the end of the budgetary year (2). Our propensity to consume foreign goods and services. Instead of buying Nigeria, income and earnings would be changed to foreign currencies and used to import frivolous items. (3). Our work attitude is lame. The Nigerian worker is not very productive. (4) Ethnic and sectarian allegiance is at its peak; with potential for sabotage of governance. (5). The welfarist aspect of the budget leaves room for cronyism and corruption. Overall of we maintain the course, in ten years the country will start to experience the benefits of diversification

dats a lot of fears cheesy
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by miketayo(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

So long as the money is spent in stimulating the economy, it's going to benefit everyone. My only fears are 1). The President is stingy and doesn't release money easily. I don't want money returned at the end of the budgetary year (2). Our propensity to consume foreign goods and services. Instead of buying Nigeria, income and earnings would be changed to foreign currencies and used to import frivolous items. (3). Our work attitude is lame. The Nigerian worker is not very productive. (4) Ethnic and sectarian allegiance is at its peak; with potential for sabotage of governance. (5). The welfarist aspect of the budget leaves room for cronyism and corruption. Overall of we maintain the course, in ten years the country will start to experience the benefits of diversification

dats a lot of fears cheesy..
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by wwwkaycom(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2016
If there are vacancies in any FG establishment, e.g. the Police force that have advertised, universities, agencies of FG etc, those vacancies would have been budgeted for, now that the budget have been signed, its time to fill those vacancies. So if you're unemployed, you can begin to apply, lobby your godfathers, pastors, Imams, relation, big men in your town etc to link you with those establishments, OK!

1 Like

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Mbediogu(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2016
alexistaiwo:

hmmmmmmmm.

You did well to bring the meaning of budget to grassroots level, but your explanation applies to developed economies, not to corrupt nations like our dear country. Here budget means more money for laundering and partymem patronage. It means available money to meet the insatiable demands of the assembly men at the three levels. But I trust His Excellency the President to wrestle it out with them.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Thatitan234(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2016
Workers salary being paid is also part of the recurrent budget allocations. however injecting money into the economy is best inform of capital projects and infrastructure especially awarding contracts on roads, railways, buildings etc. this way many more people get affected directly and indirectly.

just as it was pointed out in the post you quoted, its not about salaries.
cheers

1 Like

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by mikolo80: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Am tired of all this talk about signing of budget. Please political, financial and economical analysts in the house. Please come and tell me. How will the 2016 budget signing benefit me?
congrats signed, money paid to contractors, contractors buy goods and services in market, if you're a useful member of society (productive), you get some of it. if not whoever is feeding you gets it and buys food and shelter for your ignorant(not an insult) self.

1 Like

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by mikolo80: 8:32pm On May 07, 2016
davis112:
if dem like,,make dem sign bucket,,hmm sorry budget,dat one no concern me,,as far as my hustle dey pay me,,i tank GOD
if contractor no get moni to pay workers,and workers no get moni to pay market women, how market women wan buy your hustle. think bfor you talk

2 Likes

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by mikolo80: 8:47pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

So long as the money is spent in stimulating the economy, it's going to benefit everyone. My only fears are 1). The President is stingy and doesn't release money easily. I don't want money returned at the end of the budgetary year
would you rather he dasuki our money

(2). Our propensity to consume foreign goods and services. Instead of buying Nigeria, income and earnings would be changed to foreign currencies and used to import frivolous items.
president is trying to discourage this by pegging the currency
(3). Our work attitude is lame. The Nigerian worker is not very productive.
yes but tell that to bankers with targets
(4) Ethnic and sectarian allegiance is at its peak; with potential for sabotage of governance.
sadly we will be here for a while but still we don de manage am tey tey
(5). The welfarist aspect of the budget leaves room for cronyism and corruption.
always present even in western world
it is the private sector that needs to rise to the occasion
most of our problems don't need gwament interference to fix. if private sector weren't local champions
Overall if we maintain the course, in ten years the country will start to experience the benefits of diversification

1 Like

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 07, 2016
Budget of yams cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Saao(m): 8:54pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

I don't know who you are or what you are into to tell you the benefits of the budget in your life. Let me say you have no job and you don't want to work which is unlikely. Government intents to introduce N350 billion into the economy each quarter through investment in infrastructure. It means there'll be road construction, railways and other capital projects. The construction worker will get a job. He will buy more food, beer, buy meat, pay house rent. He will be able to dash you something from his income. No matter what he spends on, the beneficiaries will have more money to buy other things, including the garri seller, the beer seller, the prostitute, etc. Spending on electricity means that the artisan; welder, barber, hairdresser will spend less on petrol and have more money to spend on other things. That your friend who who would normally not bring out food in your presence will be more generous. What I suggest is that you read the 33 point economic policy direction earlier revealed by the government as well as the 34 priority focus projects recently announced through the Finance Minister; you'll find where to key-in and benefit from. Have a good mindset
my brother u tried. The budget has been in operation since January 1. Inflation is about 12.8 percent, spending more money will increase it. During d signing president said capital budget will not be fully implemented. We must look forward for next year
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by gaffig: 8:59pm On May 07, 2016
S6un:
The answer to the question is zero benefit, y'all have been scammed
please borrow sense.

1 Like

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Ponsche(m): 9:01pm On May 07, 2016
englishmart:
just hustle and leave this zoo already

If your country is a zoo, you're an animal!
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 07, 2016
The ordinary people have not benefitted from past budgets.Therefore this one will not be different.You should scrutinize which department get more to determine who will benefit.I still don't believe that the common men will benefit afterall.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 07, 2016
Thatitan234:
Workers salary being paid is also part of the recurrent budget allocations. however injecting money into the economy is best inform of capital projects and infrastructure especially awarding contracts on roads, railways, buildings etc. this way many more people get affected directly and indirectly.

just as it was pointed out in the post you quoted, its not about salaries.
cheers
But state governors have being embezzling workers money.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by Uniquexty(f): 9:24pm On May 07, 2016
Will the MOD temporary staff be regularized? After 2 yrs of verification?.
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by uvalued(m): 9:26pm On May 07, 2016
kITATITA:

noted
Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by dimssy(m): 9:50pm On May 07, 2016
Economist? Thats multiplier effect at work. Nice answer.
kITATITA:

Re: Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? by dam4wummy(m): 10:01pm On May 07, 2016
Standing5:
KiTATITA, u spoilt their party big time. The thread was meant to attack the performing FG under Buhari's watch.
This is the first budget in Buhari time n so the op shoule expect a different result.
cool
before i start, just would like to let i know 'm not a wailer noe zombie
that cleared
Last years budget was signed the same MAY http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0YB49M20150520 buhari was signed in, how did that affect the common man
Then in december, http://m.guardian.ng/news/senate-passes-%E2%80%8En574-532-as-2015-supplementary-budget/ a supplementary budget was passed... now explain to me how all these has reduced the price of 1 cuo of gaari for the common man How directly and indirectly it has affected the common man on the street

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P&ID: We Will Continue Efforts To Identify, Seize Nigerian Assets / Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" / Seek Legal Redress, INEC Advises Aggrieved Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.