Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles (2128 Views)

Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) / Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Ivegotsolutions(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2016
Please if you are from Mbaise in Imo state, ask your parents to reveal your culture, tradition and history before is too late. I got to know my uncle in 2008 when i just relocated to Lagos from Abia state. I was called by a friend for a job offer in Lagos, i needed a place to stay in Lagos before the job will be given to me. My Dad arranged with this my uncle to acomodate me. When i met this man, i was very happy at how his entire family received me. In 2014, my uncle relocated back to my village with his family. Two weeks back, i got a call from him and he requested i should send him some cash to enable him see a medical doctor. He told me that he was having a contineus hiccup. I managed to transfer some cash to him, and he was very grateful. To my surprice, my dad just called to inform me that my uncle and his elder brother just died. I was very shock and divastated with the news. Few days later, the third brother to this my uncle was about dying from the same strange hiccup. After some enquiries and consultations, some elders revealed that 36 years back, my unlce's dad died and they were supposed to burry him by slaughtering a cow but they could'nt because of their financial stand back then. They made a promise to slaughter the cow when they grow up, a promise they forgot to fulfil. The tradition is that until they slaughter a cow for their dad, they will never taste a cow meat when they attend any burial ceremony in my village. Some how they had a taste of a cow meat in one of the burial they attended and the result is death. This tradgedy can only occour when a wicked old man who inderstand the history and tradition triggers the clause. For instance, if an old man who understand the culture report you to the gods by performing a libation to the gods and reminding them that you had a taste of the meat without slaughtering to your late dad. The demons incharge of this tradition will kill such person. RIp to my uncle! He was burried today. I still wonder why we continue to practice this tradition irespective of the growth of christianity in the land. Please know the culture and the traditions of your land to enable you avoid rubbish tradgedy. Admin please push to the front page for all the learn

Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 07, 2016
R.I.P Uncle sad

Some Elders in the village are very wicked... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by delishpot: 9:35pm On May 07, 2016
Sorry for your loss OP. OP
Now People, open your ears and listen..........
1-Every human being has God spirit in them
2- We are made up of Spirit, Soul and body
3- spirit is God, soul is man body is the form through which the spirit or soul works
4- A person should strive to let the spirit rule and lead the body.
5- The soul should be subjected to the will of the spirit
6- When the spirit takes charge, No juju will ever I repeat ever get such a man.

The only hurdle for us human is allowing the spirit to guide our bodies and bow our souls to the will of the spirit. Anyone who can achieve this has the power to overcome evil plans

1 Like

Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by kiddoiLL(m): 9:45pm On May 07, 2016
R.I.P.P to the dead
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Vikky014(f): 10:09pm On May 07, 2016
Ivegotsolutions:
Please if you are from Mbaise in Imo state, ask your parents to reveal your culture, tradition and history before is too late. I got to know my uncle in 2008 when i just relocated to Lagos from Abia state. I was called by a friend for a job offer in Lagos, i needed a place to stay in Lagos before the job will be given to me. My Dad arranged with this my uncle to acomodate me. When i met this man, i was very happy at how his entire family received me. In 2014, my uncle relocated back to my village with his family. Two weeks back, i got a call from him and he requested i should send him some cash to enable him see a medical doctor. He told me that he was having a contineus hiccup. I managed to transfer some cash to him, and he was very grateful. To my surprice, my dad just called to inform me that my uncle and his elder brother just died. I was very shock and divastated with the news. Few days later, the third brother to this my uncle was about dying from the same strange hiccup. After some enquiries and consultations, some elders revealed that 36 years back, my unlce's dad died and they were supposed to burry him by slaughtering a cow but they could'nt because of their financial stand back then. They made a promise to slaughter the cow when they grow up, a promise they forgot to fulfil. The tradition is that until they slaughter a cow for their dad, they will never taste a cow meat when they attend any burial ceremony in my village. Some how they had a taste of a cow meat in one of the burial they attended and the result is death. This tradgedy can only occour when a wicked old man who inderstand the history and tradition triggers the clause. For instance, if an old man who understand the culture report you to the gods by performing a libation to the gods and reminding them that you had a taste of the meat without slaughtering to your late dad. The demons incharge of this tradition will kill such person. RIp to my uncle! He was burried today. I still wonder why we continue to practice this tradition irespective of the growth of christianity in the land. Please know the culture and the traditions of your land to enable you avoid rubbish tradgedy. Admin please push to the front page for all the learn
silly culture nt goat bt cow.dsame cow dt is killing igbos via their herdsmen.sorry for d loss
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Okeycima: 10:27pm On May 07, 2016
My man I will tell u all I know about the culture when I have time
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Ivegotsolutions(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2016
Okeycima:
Am waiting for you
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Okeycima: 11:24pm On May 07, 2016
Ivegotsolutions:

Am waiting for you
I hope ur waiting for me doesn't entails argument and preaching because am not cut out for it now
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Ivegotsolutions(m): 12:35am On May 08, 2016
Okeycima:
I hope ur waiting for me doesn't entails argument and preaching because am not cut out for it now
Hahahahah not at all! Just to hear your own side.
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by obidaddy: 12:30pm On May 08, 2016
Okeycima:

My bro i am very very interested in this matter, it came to my knowledge at the death of my beloved father when an old man who loved him advised us to kill the burial goats to avert tragedies in the future. My research into the issue unearthed terrifying facts and stories. It appears being a staunch christian does not stop the evil once unleashed. I really want to know if there is a way to avert this tragedies without giving them any cow or goat.

Secondly is it possible i announce in my life time that my children do no such thing for me at my demise, would such declaration have any efficacy or spiritual cover over my sons?.

Please those vast in this issues in our culture should shed some light. We should also ask questions from elders too.
Thank you
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Okeycima: 12:48pm On May 08, 2016
Op as I promised I am here to tell u the little I know about that tradition,first and foremost,the issue that is being discussed changes with traditional praticises of different igbo land but all I will tell u is according to what am Been told about our culture: 1.there are two type of cattle efi IGBO and Fulani n'amaa 2.not all family eats the first but virtually all family eats the leta 3.the family that eats the efi IGBO,if u watch them the are the ones that goes for the chieftain title of OGBUEFI 4.tHe one that answers it must have fulfill the customs and tradition that associated with it 5.it includes killing efi igbo for the last person that died that the didn't kill the cow for and mourn to the present person that died 6.the family that doesn't eat that cow meat should not try to eat it,if they try it the result will be instant death.this all I can remember now
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Okeycima: 1:01pm On May 08, 2016
obidaddy:

My bro i am very very interested in this matter, it came to my knowledge at the death of my beloved father when an old man who loved him advised us to kill the burial goats to avert tragedies in the future. My research into the issue unearthed terrifying facts and stories. It appears being a staunch christian does not stop the evil once unleashed. I really want to know if there is a way to avert this tragedies without giving them any cow or goat.

Secondly is it possible i announce in my life time that my children do no such thing for me at my demise, would such declaration have any efficacy or spiritual cover over my sons?.

Please those vast in this issues in our culture should shed some light. We should also ask questions from elders too.
Thank you
oga read my post earlier to know what I said about the topic,all I can say to u if u want to use the Backdoor u can consult ndi omenala of una village to know what's up and How far.BUT SERIOUSLY MOST YOUTH DON'T KNOW AND UNDERSTAND CUSTOM AND TRADITIONS
Re: How My Village Cow Culture Killed My Two Uncles by Ivegotsolutions(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2016
obidaddy:

Thank you

Is a tradition your Dad believed in and all required should be done on his behalf. But for you, let your entire community know that you are now a born again and you are not part of the tradition if its to extend to you.

(1) (Reply)

Ikwa Ozu: The Igbo Perception Of Death / How Music Has Evolved So Far. / A Thread For The Irrua People Of Esan Central Lga Of Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.