Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9207199 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
veekid:

On jumia 39,999k
can you provide the link to the online shop/seller? what is the total fee?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
EBUBS:

Restore factory settings, if no improvement, update. If it's still thesame then I advise you use your phone and hope it improves.

I will return to jumia. I bought the one with 6 months warranty
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Phayteprecious1:

If ve charge it, can I update it?
just charge ur phone n use it ..... before yu think of updating it. there is nothing wrong with the update ooi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dimex03:
New arrival Redmi 5 plus courtesy Mr Noobody cheesy grin cheesy grin over legit dey worry Noobody. Thanks bro cool

All thanks to God,thanks for ur continued trust and business,it was a pleasure,

Enjoy ur new bae,

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

...... will the change it for you?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
alosbaba007:
Redmi note 5a prime
@iamspeedracer did u charge d fone before using it wen jumia dropped it off. This is my sister own she GT it from jumia last Thursday.
You people will make someone return his phone for nothing.

This screnshot you posted shows the phone was barely used.

Post screen on time for a balanced comparison.
Im betting it wont be up to 1hour use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
alosbaba007:
Redmi note 5a prime
@iamspeedracer did u charge d fone before using it wen jumia dropped it off. This is my sister own she GT it from jumia last Thursday.

I did o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Let me tell you the truth, nothing is wrong with this phone.
You posted 3 hrs screen on time at 38 percent, which shows it would take around 5 hours to get to zero.

You have 2 sims, probably bright screen, so there's nothing much more to expect from a 3000mah battery on big screen, except you use Wi-Fi.

I used Redmi 4A last year, which has a smaller screen and a 28nm processor with an even less powerful processor and a 3000mah battery too, and I struggled to squeeze out 7 hours battery while on one sim and many times switching to edge at some point while using UC mini embarassed

I press my phone hard though grin

But my note 4X, 3g all day plus chrome still I can easily squeeze out 9 hrs. (Used to be 12 till updates ruined it.) cheesy

So if the battery isn't adequate, I advice you sell it or return it and get something like the Redmi 5 plus/note 4X at least.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Why do I feel your panic is too far fetched? undecided
What network are you using? Is the network stable in your area? If the answer is 'GLO' and it is not stable, bros! your battery dey try sef be that.
Hope your screen brightness slider is not turned all the way up? Halfway should be the Ideal.

It might also be the case of over-expectation, your phone is equipped with a 3000mah phone with a 28nm fabrication type chipset, so don't expect the same battery life like Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or phones using similar chipset.

And another angle to see this might be the rom it came with, maybe some bugs are present. Try and update to the latest available version and ensure you are using a network that is fairly stable in your area.

And most importantly, your usage will go a long way to determine how efficient the battery will be.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer
I see telegram and Google maps there.
Maybe GPS is on grin

Gptech Comman see something wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
veekid:
I need epp, how do I order for Tempered glass and pouch for note 5A prime on AliExpress, jumia na thief
For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Case,GZKB Luxury Pu Leather Flip Case For Redmi Note 5A Pro Cover Business Wallet Phone Bags Case 5.5''
http://s.aliexpress.com/iyUNFfyA?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
scotweezy:

What network are you using? Is the network stable in your area? If the answer is 'GLO' and it is not stable, bros! your battery dey try sef be that.
Hope your screen brightness slider is not turned all the way up? Halfway should be the Ideal.

It might also be the case of over-expectation, your phone is equipped with a 3000mah phone with a 28nm fabrication type chipset, so don't expect the same battery life like Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or phones using similar chipset.

And another angle to see this might be the rom it came with, maybe some bugs are present. Try and update to the latest available version and ensure you are using a network that is fairly stable in your area.

And most importantly, your usage will go a long way to determine how efficient the battery will be.
Lol.
Una don make pple think say na all Xiaomi get monster battery cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:

Lol.
Una don make pple think say na all Xiaomi get monster battery cheesy
Bros I tire oo! grin
I could remember when I got my Redmi Note 4 Global back then, was still in benin, and was switching between Glo and MTN.
I hardly got 6 hrs SOT, later on when I got stable on MTN my SOT improved and my phone operated cooler.

The truth is a lot things affect battery efficiency.
http://techlifereviews.com/factors-that-affect-the-battery-runtime-endurance-of-your-mobile-device/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mfunkynation:
...... will the change it for you?
The warranty should cover this battery issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:

grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:
iamspeedracer
Maybe GPS is on grin

When it's on and not on its the same. The last only time I'm not loosing a percentage every 3 to 4 minutes is when the screen is off
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:
iamspeedracer
Maybe GPS is on grin

Map and Gps is on, the battery is taking the hit. Shebi dem don tell am to put am off and see how the battery life is. You can't have these power consuming apps/features on and hope for a great battery experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
scotweezy:

Etisalat and airtel. The airtel seems to be failing once a while. Having switched to 3G from 4G there's an increase of 1 minute before I loose a percentage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Oga update to the latest Rom and factory reset. Do that and let's see the outcome and tbh you are too fixated on the battery life. I want to assume you just got the phone and it came with miui 8. Why not clean install the latest update 9.2xx. Download the latest Rom and flash through recovery.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Map and Gps is on, the battery is taking the hit. Shebi dem don tell am to put am off and see how the battery life is. You can't have these power consuming apps/features on and hope for a great battery experience.

When they are on or off the drain is the same
The only time it doesn't drain is when the screen is turned off
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Oga update to the latest Rom and factory reset. Do that and let's see the outcome.

Once I get home ill do that. How do I update to latest rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
Elxandre:

Let me tell you the truth, nothing is wrong with this phone.
You posted 3 hrs screen on time at 38 percent, which shows it would take around 5 hours to get to zero.

You have 2 sims, probably bright screen, so there's nothing much more to expect from a 3000mah battery on big screen, except you use Wi-Fi.

I used Redmi 4A last year, which has a smaller screen and a 28nm processor with an even less powerful processor and a 3000mah battery too, and I struggled to squeeze out 7 hours battery while on one sim and many times switching to edge at some point while using UC mini embarassed

I press my phone hard though grin

But my note 4X, 3g all day plus chrome still I can easily squeeze out 9 hrs. (Used to be 12 till updates ruined it.) cheesy

So if the battery isn't adequate, I advice you sell it or return it and get something like the Redmi 5 plus/note 4X at least.

At 38% with a drop of 1% in battery life every 4 minutes there's no way the phone will do 5 hours till it dies
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Once I get home ill do that. How do I update to latest rom?

I suggest you do a clean install.check the miui forum app. Download the recovery rom and flash through recovery. Would factory reset after that if I were you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I suggest you do a clean install.check the miui forum app. Download the recovery rom and flash through recovery. Would factory reset after that if I were you.

Hey God, all these one is big English o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Hey God, all these one is big English o

Go to your updater app and check for update, there should be an update prompt. Download and it will do the rest. After that, factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pyrex23(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

At 38% with a drop of 1% in battery life every 4 minutes there's no way the phone will do 5 hours till it dies

nothing looks wrong wit your phone..
Turn of Gps and maps/navigation

now.. 1% every 4 mins
from 100% to 0% would be 400 mins of screen-on time
400 mins is 6hrs 40 mins.
Isnt that OK.. U no dey get light for ur side?...
Try to reduce brightness when indoor.. I hope u dont have battery apps like *DU battery saver* do uninstall them.. Also Get a powerbank... Update till there isnt any update left and do a factory reset..

Best of luck bro..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
Timilehin13:

Fodacis
never heard of dt plaz.. Ani popular landmark to use a refernce.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
hardeycute:
can you provide the link to the online shop/seller? what is the total fee?
I ordered for it during jumia mobile week, that was on 20th, total fee plus shipping goes for 40,590
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

What's your battery like
The battery is not bad ..... It's awesome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by damola311: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
I am still unable to open dispute on Feb 3rd dispatched item an it remains just 1 day and few hours for the buyer protection to elapse.

Any guide to this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
damola311:
I am still unable to open dispute on Feb 3rd dispatched item an it remains just 1 day and few hours for the buyer protection to elapse.

Any guide to this?

What's the response you are getting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SyncForth, tudy and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.