Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201381 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dimex03(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
New arrival Redmi 5 plus courtesy Mr Noobody cheesy grin cheesy grin over legit dey worry Noobody. Thanks bro cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AXYZ: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
Elxandre:

Thats not Screen on time undecided
Long time boss. I remember I suppose you were one of the few elders to introduce xiaomi.

How do you mean by your statement? I'm confused.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Good evening all. I just got the redmi 5A prime of jumia. Very nice phone,but my problem is that the battery percentage drops every 3 minutes,
I want to know if this is normal because no matter what I'm doing as long as the screen is on it will drop a percentage every 3 minutes. I've already contacted jumia for a return / warranty exchange.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
Elxandre:

Samsung experience is feature packed and the undisputable champion.

MIUI also has it's advantages though.
That second space is priceless.

You will value it when you encounter SARS and they tag you Yahoo boy just because you have VPN on your phone grin

Checked out the 'second space' and it's not actually absolute... Or so.

Messages and call history from space 1 are still visible, while in space 2. Should it be so?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OneKinGuy(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
guys is this ok?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:
Good evening all. I just got the redmi 5A prime of jumia. Very nice phone,but my problem is that the battery percentage drops every 3 minutes,
I want to know if this is normal because no matter what I'm doing as long as the screen is on it will drop a percentage every 3 minutes. I've already contacted jumia for a return / warranty exchange.

I would suggest u stay off 4G unless it's highly needed and turn off GPS unless u wan discover mungo park also reduce ur screen time out time.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Compare with this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2018
alosbaba007:

I would suggest u stay off 4G unless it's highly needed and turn off GPS unless u wan discover mungo park also reduce ur screen time out time.
How do I go to 3G?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2018
AXYZ:

Long time boss. I remember I suppose you were one of the few elders to introduce xiaomi.

How do you mean by your statement? I'm confused.
I even be elder. cheesy

Under battery use swipe to hardwwre, then click screen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:
You want to turn 4G on 3000mah 28nm processor to car battery shocked

Lol.

Go to security>battery>battery use>swipe to hardware, then click on screen.

Let's see your Screen on time before we know if it's faulty or not.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AXYZ: 11:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
Elxandre:

I even be elder. cheesy

Under battery use swipe to hardwwre, then click screen.

I later observed it. Thanks for the correction

Ps. My screen seems to taking much %. I have a pending update. Should I carry on?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

How do I go to 3G?

I've switched to 3G. Will be monitoring battery percentage drop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Youngsage:

Checked out the 'second space' and it's not actually absolute... Or so.

Messages and call history from space 1 are still visible, while in space 2. Should it be so?
Yeah. That's a let down, or perhaps it's fixable in the settings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Elxandre:

You want to turn 4G on 3000mah 28nm processor to car battery shocked

Lol.

Go to security>battery>battery use>swipe to hardware, then click on screen.

Let's see your Screen on time before we know if it's faulty or not.

Don't know what I did now the top of the screen where time and battery is now dark.
Here's a screen shot of what you requested for
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Don't know what I did now the top of the screen where time and battery is now dark.
Here's a screen shot of what you requested for
I think the picture didn't load.
I can't find it even on chrome.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Elxandre:

I think the picture didn't load.
I can't find it even on chrome.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
After switching to 3G there's been a 1 to 2 minute increase in battery percentage drop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timilehin13(m): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2018
gidieberry:
which side are u staying in ib, i live in ib as well

Fodacis
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:
After switching to 3G there's been a 1 to 2 minute increase in battery percentage drop

For you to want to return it coz you're getting around 4 hours SOT means you must be coming from a big battery phone. Either that or the fanatics on this thread have overhyped it. What phone did you use before this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2018
henry007:

For you to want to return it coz you're getting around 4 hours SOT means you must be coming from a big battery phone. Either that or the fanatics on this thread have overhyped it. What phone did you use before this?
Infinix hot 4,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Infinix hot 4,

Hot 4 doesn't have 4G, how was the battery life. The difference would sha show small....even on 3G only.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
henry007:

Hot 4 doesn't have 4G, how was the battery life. The difference would sha show small....even on 3G only.
The first one I got had terrible battery life. Bit it was under warranty so they swapped it after 3 failed attempts at fixing it.

Now that I'm on 3G it's gone to 4 minutes for a percentage drop in battery

I think something is wrong.
I bought it with 6 months warranty on jumia.
I don't think Xiaomi is in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
So pls who else is using the Xiaomi Redmi 5a prime and how many minutes do it take for your battery to drop a percentage?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

The first one I got had terrible battery life. Bit it was under warranty so they swapped it after 3 failed attempts at fixing it.

Now that I'm on 3G it's gone to 4 minutes for a percentage drop in battery

I think something is wrong.
I bought it with 6 months warranty on jumia.
I don't think Xiaomi is in Nigeria

4mins of what activity?
Like I did 30mins of gaming before checking battery life on my Hot S3 review. Maybe do something like that for 30mins from 100% rather than the minute by minute checks. My estimate would be a 10-12% drop after 30mins for your xiaomi redmi note 5A Prime

I uploaded the SOT here

https://www.nairaland.com/4414263/infinix-s3-unboxing-camera-battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 11:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
henry007:

4mins of what activity?
Like I did 30mins of gaming before checking battery life on my Hot S3 review. Maybe do something like that for 30mins from 100% rather than the minute by minute checks.

I uploaded the SOT here

https://www.nairaland.com/4414263/infinix-s3-unboxing-camera-battery

After 30 mins of gaming what was your battery on?
I don't have games on the phone. I don't know where to download the vanes that make sense. If I try play store I'll have to pay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
iamspeedracer:

After 30 mins of gaming what was your battery on?
I don't have games on the phone. I don't know where to download the vanes that make sense. If I try play store I'll have to pay

Started at 99%

It dropped 8%

I used asphalt 8, it's free on Playstore

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2018
henry007:

Started at 99%

It dropped 8%

Hmm mm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamspeedracer(m): 12:05am On Mar 25, 2018
henry007:

Started at 99%

It dropped 8%

Thanks a lot. Maybe it's because I'm used to the 4000 mah phones. Been using them for almost 4 years now till I got this one. I just want to make sure this is alright thats all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:23am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

Thanks a lot. Maybe it's because I'm used to the 4000 mah phones. Been using them for almost 4 years now till I got this one. I just want to make sure this is alright thats all.

Yw

Which one did you swap after trying to fix it, do you mean warranty actually worked?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2018
iamspeedracer:

No expert on this whatsoever, but I heard it takes a few charges before you can judge how efficient battery is. Batteries also take a hit where you have patchy networks.. I used a Xiaomi 4A ( sitting in my cupboard thanks to run issues) and the battery life was great.. Maybe you need to give it more time, Xiaomi devices are known for there battery prowess..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:54am On Mar 25, 2018
jboixxx:
If you haven't checked my troubleshooting compilation, please do. You won't regret it! Check https://www.nairaland.com/post/61425404
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyToRule(m): 1:13am On Mar 25, 2018
lanrayx:

you know the place ?

Not really....I'm from sagamu and i use to go or pass dere often.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.