Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9284170 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8821) (8822) (8823) (8824) (8825) (8826) (8827) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ujaddughe:
Thank you brother. Can you refer me to a good technician in lagos that can do this or should i just walk up to any phone repairer?

Can't refer as I don't live in Lagos.

You should probably quiz anyone you give the phone to. If they don't answer you to your satisfaction, carry your phone take.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
festwiz:

Exactly. Reinstalled the game and it's much more demanding now compared to its state in 2020 and mid 2021. The 9s is almost 2 years old now. It has tried tbh.
Honestly, it has really tried.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dhatgirl: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hey please has anyone used or is currently using the redmi buds 3 pro? If yes, how had the experience being especially the sound quality?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ujaddughe:
Pls this confirmed? I restarted My 9t and it used over 6+ hours to get back on, I am afraid to switch it off again. Who can do this in Lagos with high success rate? I would rather continue using my 9T than refund, they are too many important things in the phone.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/14895899_img20220129084917712_jpeg376fc76b98ff236f945f23bd69f527ec
have u updated to android 11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 7:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
This proximity sensor on xioami is very annoying.

You will be listening to voice note, boom, screen will go off, voice go reduce

Is there no way to stop this?

This is making me hate my device.

Mi 11 LITE.
I also experienced this shit on my previous MI 9T.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
osic:

I use the Mi Band 6. With all the features turned on, a week.
Where did u buy it, and how much, Pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Ifabernard:

I'm currently facing same issue. I thought it was my phone malfunction after it fell off from my hand.
Na wa ooo
Have u fix it now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ujaddughe: 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2022
Sunkyphil:
have u updated to android 11?
Hahaha my brother you no like me o, i said i restarted my phone and it blanked out for 6 hours you still want me to upgrade it? It was by pure grace of God and prayer this phone came back on, i was staring at it and pressing power button for hours. My eyes red like red oil. This phone will never switch off again until i find a solution in fact at 50% i no dey touch am again.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes.
Jarchi:

Have you gotten any update?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ujaddughe: 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
atheistandproud:

Can't refer as I don't live in Lagos.

You should probably quiz anyone you give the phone to. If they don't answer you to your satisfaction, carry your phone take.
Ok thank you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Where can one get Poco m4 pro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peacesampson(f): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
Pls how do I change font style in redmi 8a, like italics and the rest..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Eidris01:
Where did u buy it, and how much, Pls?

I got it on jumia, 13K, during the black Friday sale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 12:38am On Feb 11, 2022
Biafrareform:
This proximity sensor on xioami is very annoying.

You will be listening to voice note, boom, screen will go off, voice go reduce

Is there no way to stop this?

This is making me hate my device.

Mi 11 LITE.
I also experienced this shit on my previous MI 9T.

its the same on every phone, its a whaysapp default

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Bluev:
This is it, now available.

No one should make a mistake of buying these devices, especially the Redmi Note 11 pro. Very underwhelming. The Redmi Note 10 pro is actually a better device than the 11 pro. Don't waste your money please

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Special announcement...
Phonecareikeja that seems to have solution to everything is same person as tolakush92 that had shady deals with some people in the past, be wary when dealing with him.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psady(m): 8:03am On Feb 11, 2022
Please how do I correct this: my redmi 9c can't read files on my flash through otg cable, I tried another otg cable and another flash drive still same results, what can I do to resolve the issue because it was working perfectly before now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2022
Psady:
Please how do I correct this: my redmi 9c can't read files on my flash through otg cable, I tried another otg cable and another flash drive still same results, what can I do to resolve the issue because it was working perfectly before now.
have you used the feature before? You're sure the device has the feature at all?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2022
Psady:

What format was the flash? FAT32 or NTFS?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psady(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2022
Alfabest07:
have you used the feature before? You're sure the device has the feature at all?
it has, I used it severally to transfer video files . Formally it detects the connections through otg cable, but now it doesn't.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psady(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2022
genius43:

What format was the flash? FAT32 or NTFS?
I will try check it out.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2022
Should we expect REDMI NOTE 11 PRO 5G in Nigeria??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2022
osic:
Should we expect REDMI NOTE 11 PRO 5G in Nigeria??
They might bring it, cos Xiaomi never make it available globally. Xiaomi only announced it, maybe still in production phase.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OMYKROIN: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2022
ityP:

No one should make a mistake of buying these devices, especially the Redmi Note 11 pro. Very underwhelming. The Redmi Note 10 pro is actually a better device than the 11 pro. Don't waste your money please

You see the difference between informed users and relatively intelligent ones. If it were all these transion men they will never see this bitter flaw and call it out like you did for these redmi note 11; the truth is that xiaomi didn't do well in these redmi note 11 series or are they becoming complacent with what they are offering their customers maybe cos they feel we will be okay with whatsoever they churn. This redmi note 11 series should be a wake up call to their negligence in knowing what their customers want.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ujaddughe: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2022
OMYKROIN:

You see the difference between informed users and relatively intelligent ones. If it were all these transion men they will never see this bitter flaw and call it out like you did for these redmi note 11; the truth is that xiaomi didn't do well in these redmi note 11 series or are they becoming complacent with what they are offering their customers maybe cos they feel we will be okay with whatsoever they churn. This redmi note 11 series should be a wake up call to their negligence in knowing what their customers want.
hummm wha exactly is the problem? If i have a budget of 120k i absolutely can't exceed, even the 120k is a stretch. What Xiaomi would you suggest? Because i don't seem to see any good ones for that price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OMYKROIN: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ujaddughe:
hummm wha exactly is the problem? If i have a budget of 120k i absolutely can't exceed, even the 120k is a stretch. What Xiaomi would you suggest? Because i don't seem to see any good ones for that price.

Bro/ma, as it stands I can't advise on this as like you said that your finance is capped already for this journey.

My note 9 pro is still rock solid and wouldn't want to tell you something now, tomorrow if the thing didn't satisfy you, I will be made the anchor point for dragging.

You can still go online and check out other phones and brands that will fit your budget.
To me redmi note 10 pro is still the best in this two previous years.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hotdiamond(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
OMYKROIN:

Bro/ma, as it stands I can't advise on this as like you said that your finance is capped already for this journey.

My note 9 pro is still rock solid and wouldn't want to tell you something now, tomorrow if the thing didn't satisfy you, I will be made the anchor point for dragging.

You can still go online and check out other phones and brands that will fit your budget.
To me redmi note 10 pro is still the best in this two previous years.
Me that was even considering the regular note 11 with the 6nm SD chip.
The 6GB 128GB version is about 117k.
With the SD chip. I'll have easy access to custom ROMs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
OMYKROIN:

I wouldn't say negligence. The truth is the gap between flagships and midrangers are so narrow nowadays, doing so much for a midrange phone may just place it in the flagship bracket and honestly, it won't meet price requirements. The Redmi note 10 pro did way too much for a midrange phone. Trying to beat that would be very difficult tbh while putty price into consideration

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OMYKROIN: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hotdiamond:

Me that was even considering the regular note 11 with the 6nm SD chip.
The 6GB 128GB version is about 117k.
With the SD chip. I'll have easy access to custom ROMs

You are right in this context.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OMYKROIN: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2022
ityP:

I wouldn't say negligence. The truth is the gap between flagships and midrangers are so narrow nowadays, doing so much for a midrange phone may just place it in the flagship bracket and honestly, it won't meet price requirements. The Redmi note 10 pro did way too much for a midrange phone. Trying to beat that would be very difficult tbh while putty price into consideration

You are correct my brother.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hotdiamond(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
OMYKROIN:

You are right in this context.
So which would you suggest
Redmi note 11 6GB 128GB
Or
Redmi note 10 pro 6GB 64GB

(1) (2) (3) ... (8821) (8822) (8823) (8824) (8825) (8826) (8827) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.