Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! (1463 Views)

Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) / Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by dan6019(m): 2:07pm On May 08, 2016
I was on my way to the Redeemed Camp just last week, I didn't drive, the bus I was travelling excused the passengers that he wanted to buy gas at Ibafo, almost opposite MFM prayer city. I had in mind that he was to buy Diesel, as they often refer to it as gas.

Surprisingly, it wasn't diesel that was dispensed into the bus but GAS. They call it CNG. Compressed Natural Gas.

I learnt that it is not meant for any particular vehicle, any vehicle can use it as alternative to pms or diesel. You can always switch back to your normal fuel whenever you run out of the gas.

It is more econmical and better for the vehicle.

The disadvantage is that the dispensing stations are just two @ the moment - one in Lagos and Benin.

If you know about it too, can we talk about it, any side effect on the car?. I am planning to go and install the cylinder in my car - a Toyota Prado.
Installation costs N200,000; I was told. I also learnt that Dangote trucks use this gas, he has his own dispensing station, anyway
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 08, 2016
All correct ....You have enough information .
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by xplicite(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2016
Noticed something similar about cars in Benin
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by peterjero(m): 6:22pm On May 08, 2016
Please I still want us to talk about it because I want to do a presentation to my company about it.
Siena
GAZZUZZ
Kingrein
Ikenna351 etc
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by dan6019(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2016
The bus bought about N1500.00 worth that - the capacity of his installed cylinder, you can go for a bigger cylinder, if you choose. I interviewed the driver of the bus on how long will that quantity last; he told me that it will take him to Ibadan from Lagos, bring him back to Lagos, yet won't be exhausted.

Let's assume a return trip to Ibadan from Lagos is about 270km. For me that my car run on one litre for 5km, I would have used 54 litres of PMS @ N86.50/litre, equals N4,671.00.

If I used the CNG, I would have expended, say, N1500.00 and safe N3,171.00.

I also learnt that your servicing period is also prolonged because your engine oil won't go black until after a long period. Engine life is also prolonged.

For commercial vehicles, you won't have to pay the installation fee of 200k @ a time, you only part with 20k and as you buy, little is deducted until you are done with the payment.

But for private and other utility vehicles, you may have to pay once, unlike the commercial buses who must buy almost on daily basis.

If it economical and without side effects on vehicles, what a good innovation it is then!
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by peterjero(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2016
dan6019:
The bus bought about N1500.00 worth that - the capacity of his installed cylinder, you can go for a bigger cylinder, if you choose. I interviewed the driver of the bus on how long will that quantity last; he told me that it will take him to Ibadan from Lagos, bring him back to Lagos, yet won't be exhausted.

Let's assume a return trip to Ibadan from Lagos is about 270km. For me that my car run on one litre for 5km, I would have used 54 litres of PMS @ N86.50/litre, equals N4,671.00.

If I used the CNG, I would have expended, say, N1500.00 and safe N3,171.00.

I also learnt that your servicing period is also prolonged because your engine oil won't go black until after a long period. Engine life is also prolonged.

For commercial vehicles, you won't have to pay the installation fee of 200k @ a time, you only part with 20k and as you buy, little is deducted until you are done with the payment.

But for private and other utility vehicles, you may have to pay once, unlike the commercial buses who must buy almost on daily basis.

If it economical and without side effects on vehicles, what a good innovation it is then!
What kind of bus sir, was it rickety and where the cylinder placed, and what was the capacity.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by dan6019(m): 2:32am On May 09, 2016
The bus is sound, the cylinder isn't all that big and placed in the engine compartmaent of the the car.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by pacino26(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2016
It's very economical. Yet to install cuz when I called the company they told me of the moment they only operate in Lagos. I missed out on a BMW sold by a NL that uses both pms and CNG. Money been yab man.

I think it's the next frontier in the automobile industry.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by 9icetoo(m): 10:42pm On May 10, 2016
For a country like naija blessed with abundant natural gas, this tech should be explored as an alternative e to importing refined petroleum products. It's a cleaner energy source than petrol and diesel and is relatively cheaper.
It will help reduce the massive gas flaring going on in the Niger delta as more infrastructure will be set up to utilise this gas.
Let's hope someone at the helm of affairs reads nairaland and comes across this.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by peterjero(m): 11:47pm On May 10, 2016
Op hope you don't mind me posting your topic on my blog.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! by dan6019(m): 1:35am On May 11, 2016
You have the green light. Let's create the awareness, when people come to know about and embrace it, it will attract investors and dispensing stations will be sighted all over the country. Imagine if the stations are scattered all over in Lagos and some major cities in the country.

If done, cost of moving goods and people around will become cheaper, prices of essential items will also be lowered.

Less will also be expended on vehicle maintenance resulting in improvement in the standard of living.

Man-hours that are been wasted in fuel stations will be saved and on the long-run, the economy will be impacted positively.

Investors should look critically into this area, it will turn out to be a viable business venture that no investor will ever regret venturing into!

(1) (Reply)

You Sure Need Us / Welcome To The Future: SmartTravel, A Future Automatic Public Transport System / Bulletproof Luxury Cars:How The Rich And Famous Escape In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.