Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol (4700 Views)

is it possible to Convert Diesel Engine of benz vito bus To Petrol Engine / 2002 Toyota Avensis Needs Conversion From Diesel To Petrol Engine. / Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a natural gas that is compressed to high pressures so that large volumes can be stored in small spaces. Just as said earlier, it is predominantly methane (about 90%-95%) that is compressed to a very high pressure of 250 bar (3,600 psi) to enable transportation in cylinders at economic quantity.
Converting a petrol/diesel vehicle to run on CNG can be done in various ways depending on the type of the factory fitted engine of the car and this also determines the type of conversion kit to be used.
SAFETY ASPECTS OF CNG
Natural gas is a safer fuel compared to most conventional liquid fuels in the areas of ignition, dispersion and burning features so also with its low toxicity.
Natural gas is buoyant in air so it moves rapidly upward if released. Liquid fuel form ground hugging vapor layers and pools when spilled.
Carcinogenic and irritant properties relating to skin contact and inhalation of fumes have been identified in liquid fuels whereas Natural gas has no such properties.
Carbon monoxide is an unavoidable by-product of hydrocarbon fuel combustion and is the main contributor to the increase in global warming. Natural gas primarily consists of methane (over 85%) and is inherently a clean burning fuel. It has less carbon per unit energy available as compared to petrol and diesel and hence the amount of carbon monoxide produced by Natural gas is much lower.

BENEFITS OF CNG

A. Financial Benefits:
-Lower operating cost as CNG is cheaper than petrol by over 60% and as 45% for diesel on dual fuel mode
- Lower maintenance cost.
i. CNG is a cleaning burning fuel and hence has lower carbon deposits
ii. Due to absence of any lead or benzene content in CNG, the lead fouling of sparks plugs is eliminated
iii. CNG systems are sealed and this prevents any spill or evaporation losses
B Environmental Benefits:
- Reduction in harmful vehicle emission that cause local air pollution
- Reduction in global warming
- CNG is non-toxic so neither soil or water gets contaminated nor toxic vapour is released at filling stations.

C. Benefits to the General Public
- Reduction in the cost of running the vehicle
- Dual- fuel option is flexible and easy to use
- Reduction in exhaust emission leading to improved quality of life and reduced health cost.
For more enquiries, call or whatsapp on 08189089311, like our facebook Cngtech Gas Innovations Nig Ltd

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24am On Apr 27, 2017
the day the govt embraces CNG, we will reduce the importation of premium motor spirit. Even Dongote has harnessed CNG in most of his trucks. I also noticed it on most 7up trucks too.

5 Likes

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by pacino26(m): 8:03am On Apr 27, 2017
Truly it will reduce drastically the demand for forex used in importing pms and Co. The issue here is that govt of the day isn't willing to promote the idea. More so the current operators if CNG is trying to make it look like one Elite car club. I'll blame it on their unwillingness to actually set up shop across Nigeria. If it's not Lagos, then forget it.

Anyways, I think I'll have to convert my two trucks angry angry angry angry angry

Op na how much sef
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2017
pacino26:
Truly it will reduce drastically the demand for forex used in importing pms and Co. The issue here is that govt of the day isn't willing to promote the idea. More so the current operators if CNG is trying to make it look like one Elite car club. I'll blame it on their unwillingness to actually set up shop across Nigeria. If it's not Lagos, then forget it.

Anyways, I think I'll have to convert my two trucks angry angry angry angry angry

Op na how much sef

I used to use CNG on my generator, until GOV decided to double the price of Gas, I jejely reverted to petrol.
Until The govt removes it's hands from the oil sector completely, we will never have fair prices

1 Like

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by pacino26(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I used to use CNG on my generator, until GOV decided to double the price of Gas, I jejely reverted to petrol.
Until The govt removes it's hands from the oil sector completely, we will never have fair prices

Oga Gazzuzz, that's the gospel truth. Our leaders are puppets and will prefer to impoverish us with lopsided polices to the favor of... .................

Good tech only a matter of time for it to be like NITEL & GSM of that era.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2017
pacino26:

Op na how much sef

Please call 08034179147

1 Like

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 9:30am On Apr 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

How much do you get the gas now compared to petrol. i will still say that petrol is far better in every ramification. Coupled with the factit elongates the life span of any engine using it.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2017
Addegbuyi:

How much do you get the gas now compared to petrol. i will still say that petrol is far better in every ramification. Coupled with the factit elongates the life span of any engine using it.

CNG burns cleaner, better for engine lifespan.

1 Like

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by pacino26(m): 10:41am On Apr 27, 2017
Addegbuyi:

Please visit us at our office at No 1 Ajumobi Close, by Afijet opposite Westown Hotel, Sheraton - Opebi link road, Ikeja, Lagos. or call 08189089311.

Guess we spoke already.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2017
pacino26:

Guess we spoke already.
yes we did
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Have you heard about Motor vehicles in America and Europe using gas? And you are wondering when it will start in Nigeria. Dream no further because CNG Tech Innovations Nig. Ltd is here with the technology that makes motor vehicles run with gas. CNG Tech Innovations Nig. Ltd is training and recruiting Technicians for the conversion/powering of vehicles engines from petrol to gas. This is calling on all Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or any other Engineering Graduates to be part of this recruitment and training. Pick A form @ 1,Ajumoni close by Afrijet opposite Westown hotel, Sheraton Opebi link road, Ikeja Lagos. Limited slots available (just 60 applicants)
For additional info call or WhatsApp 08189089311.
Like our facebook page -CNGTECH GAS INNOVATIONS NIG LTD
Tweet at us- @CNGTECHGAS
OUR WEBSITE- WWW.CNGTECH-GAS.COM OR WWW.CNGTECHGASINNOVATIONS.WORPDPRESS.COM
Registration closes on 12th June,2017.
Pls rebroadcast as you may be helping someone,somewhere and somehow.
CNG... Let's go green
ENTRY CLOSES ON 12TH OF JUNE 2017.
ANNOUNCER: CNGTECH GAS INNOVATIONS NIGERIA LIMITED

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
the day the govt embraces CNG, we will reduce the importation of premium motor spirit. Even Dongote has harnessed CNG in most of his trucks. I also noticed it on most 7up trucks too.
The truth is that NNPC is looking into promoting the usage of CNG as we speak. So I guess this is the time when investors could actually come into the business of CNG in Nigeria without the fear of bureaucrats. Any interested investor can reach us through the contacts above.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/more-cars-to-run-on-gas-soon-nnpc/187661.html
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=pacino26 post=55963547]

Guess we spoke already.
you said you would check us up in our office but i have not heard from or seen you since then. I hope all is well.. The registration for the training is almost closing and i want to confirm if i should still reserve the 2 slots for you. pls get back to me Asap. Bless you.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 2:49am On May 19, 2017
[quote author=Addegbuyi post=56602330][/quote]
When you compare two items.... better is the operational adjective.... And when more than two best is used. I had a rough time reading your interesting post....
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2017
angels09:

When you compare two items.... better is the operational adjective.... And when more than two best is used. I had a rough time reading your interesting post....

why did you have a rough time with my post? If you are saying better, do u have the best option at the moment? If yes, good but if no, then I still stand on the my adjective-the best option.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 8:38am On May 19, 2017
Addegbuyi:

why did you have a rough time with my post? If you are saying better, do u have the best option at the moment? If yes, good but if no, then I still stand on the my adjective-the best option.
Error. Humility and ability to heed correction are true marks of greatness.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2017
angels09:

I remain my humble self and alwyas ready to take to corrections. so pls correct me if I am wrong. Since there is still no better option than this, I will still say CNG is still the best option now. If a better one comes in, then CNG could be better but not best. Like I said, correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 9:11am On May 19, 2017
angels09:

I remain my humble self and always ready to take to corrections. Since there is still no better option than this, I will still say CNG is still the best option now. If a better one comes in, then CNG could be better but not best. Like I said, i stand to be corrected.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 9:57am On May 19, 2017
Addegbuyi:

I remain my humble self and always ready to take to corrections. Since there is still no better option than this, I will still say CNG is still the best option now. If a better one comes in, then CNG could be better but not best. Like I said, i stand to be corrected.
Ok. Happy seminar. I will like to participate though.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2017
[quote author=angels09 post=56668264]
Ok. Happy seminar. I will like to participate though.[/quote

I guess you have seen what it takes to be a part. In addition to that, the training is only meant for people who will be ready to work for the company only. please note; For people who want to be trained specially and work for themselves, the program and cost are different.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 10:15am On May 19, 2017
[quote author=Addegbuyi post=56668511][/quote]
What's the cost?
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 2:52pm On May 19, 2017
angels09:

What's the cost?
it is on the flier...5k
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 19, 2017
IT IS CALLED FLYER.

NOW I AM ASKING ABOUT THE INSTALLATION TRAINING NOT THE TALKSHOW
Addegbuyi:

it is on the flier...5k
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by damidele(m): 5:14am On May 20, 2017
Hi Addegbuyi,

Is it all makes and year of cars that can make use of this dual power setup? or there are limitations?. what is a rule of thumb estimate for both labour and material costs for conversion. Also, where can/will the CNG tank be refilled when it has been exhausted.?

Methane is very ignitable right?, if so, how safe is the placement of CNG Tanks inside the boot of cars, esp as cars are sun-baked out in the open every blessed day. Are there any attendant risks of temperature induced pressurised leakage of the gas in such conditions? In a case of vehicular accidents/ collision from the rear, what provision is there against explosive rupturing of the CNG tanks domiciled at the rear? for a front collision, the sudden breaking away of any of the CNG conversion kit will also lead to no leakage of volatile gas?

Kindly help clarify the above areas.
Thanks.

Addegbuyi:
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a natural gas that is compressed to high pressures so that large volumes can be stored in small spaces. Just as said earlier, it is predominantly methane (about 90%-95%) that is compressed to a very high pressure of 250 bar (3,600 psi) to enable transportation in cylinders at economic quantity.
Converting a petrol/diesel vehicle to run on CNG can be done in various ways depending on the type of the factory fitted engine of the car and this also determines the type of conversion kit to be used.
SAFETY ASPECTS OF CNG
Natural gas is a safer fuel compared to most conventional liquid fuels in the areas of ignition, dispersion and burning features so also with its low toxicity.
Natural gas is buoyant in air so it moves rapidly upward if released. Liquid fuel form ground hugging vapor layers and pools when spilled.
Carcinogenic and irritant properties relating to skin contact and inhalation of fumes have been identified in liquid fuels whereas Natural gas has no such properties.
Carbon monoxide is an unavoidable by-product of hydrocarbon fuel combustion and is the main contributor to the increase in global warming. Natural gas primarily consists of methane (over 85%) and is inherently a clean burning fuel. It has less carbon per unit energy available as compared to petrol and diesel and hence the amount of carbon monoxide produced by Natural gas is much lower.

BENEFITS OF CNG

A. Financial Benefits:
-Lower operating cost as CNG is cheaper than petrol by over 60% and as 45% for diesel on dual fuel mode
- Lower maintenance cost.
i. CNG is a cleaning burning fuel and hence has lower carbon deposits
ii. Due to absence of any lead or benzene content in CNG, the lead fouling of sparks plugs is eliminated
iii. CNG systems are sealed and this prevents any spill or evaporation losses
B Environmental Benefits:
- Reduction in harmful vehicle emission that cause local air pollution
- Reduction in global warming
- CNG is non-toxic so neither soil or water gets contaminated nor toxic vapour is released at filling stations.

C. Benefits to the General Public
- Reduction in the cost of running the vehicle
- Dual- fuel option is flexible and easy to use
- Reduction in exhaust emission leading to improved quality of life and reduced health cost.
For more enquiries, call or whatsapp on 08189089311, like our facebook Cngtech Gas Innovations Nig Ltd
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2017
damidele:
Hi Addegbuyi,

Is it all makes and year of cars that can make use of this dual power setup? or there are limitations?. what is a rule of thumb estimate for both labour and material costs for conversion. Also, where can/will the CNG tank be refilled when it has been exhausted.?

Methane is very ignitable right?, if so, how safe is the placement of CNG Tanks inside the boot of cars, esp as cars are sun-baked out in the open every blessed day. Are there any attendant risks of temperature induced pressurised leakage of the gas in such conditions? In a case of vehicular accidents/ collision from the rear, what provision is there against explosive rupturing of the CNG tanks domiciled at the rear? for a front collision, the sudden breaking away of any of the CNG conversion kit will also lead to no leakage of volatile gas?

Thanks.

Lets start from the beginning, all makes of cars can be converted to dual mode of power set-up. As for the cost, I would suggest you visit our workshop/office with the vehicle to be converted. The refilling point has not really been spread around but we are working out modalities for easily and accessible refilling points around the country. As for safety during vehicular collision, the following should be noted:
1. The cylinders used for CNG are stronger than the regular cylinder for our cooking gas (LPG)
2. Unless, there is a great impact in the hit from rear or the cylinder is expired, there can't be accidental explosion of gas.
3. CNG is lighter than air so anytime the gas escapes into the atmosphere, it dissipates rapidly.
4. CNG will only ignite when there is an air and gas mixture of between 5 and 15% ratio. Any mixture outside the range wills not lead to combustion.
5. The installed hardware are well sealed that so no breakage can lead to gas leakage.
In refilling the gas, an opening is created byt he conventional petrol refill point. see the picture.
i hope i have been able to answer your queries? thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2017
damidele:
Hi Addegbuyi,

Thanks.

Lets start from the beginning, all makes of cars can be converted to dual mode of power set-up. As for the cost, I would suggest you visit our workshop/office with the vehicle to be converted. The refilling point has not really been spread around but we are working out modalities for easily and accessible refilling points around the country. As for safety during vehicular collision, the following should be noted:
1. The cylinders used for CNG are stronger than the regular cylinder for our cooking gas (LPG)
2. Unless, there is a great impact in the hit from rear or the cylinder is expired, there can't be accidental explosion of gas.
3. CNG is lighter than air so anytime the gas escapes into the atmosphere, it dissipates rapidly.
4. CNG will only ignite when there is an air and gas mixture of between 5 and 15% ratio. Any mixture outside the range wills not lead to combustion.
5. The installed hardware are well sealed that so no breakage can lead to gas leakage.
In refilling the gas, an opening is created byt he conventional petrol refill point. see the picture.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2017
Dear angels09, I really dont know what is it with you and looking out for mistakes? Do you think you a perfectionist? Please face whatever you have come on this thread to read and if its all about looking for errors, then I guess you have just started because mistakes have no master.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 21, 2017
Addegbuyi:
Dear angels09, I really dont know what is it with you and looking out for mistakes? Do you think you a perfectionist? Please face whatever you have come on this thread to read and if its all about looking for errors, then I guess you have just started because mistakes have no master.
Apologies. I see you abhor corrections.

1 Like

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Addegbuyi(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2017
angels09:

Apologies. I see you abhor corrections.

If it has to be done, make it polite. Thank you.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by Nobody: 10:41am On May 22, 2017
Addegbuyi:

If it has to be done, make it polite. Thank you.
Well this is not a family meeting.
Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by damidele(m): 5:49pm On May 22, 2017
Many thanks for the detailed response.

Cheers

Addegbuyi:

Re: Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol by HenryWilliams(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2017
Give us a ball park figure for cost..
Say a saloon car, SUV ..4 cyl, 6 cyl etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Colour Would You Prefer Your Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon To Come In? [PHOTOS] / Vehicle Security GPS Trackers Installers URGENTLY Needed (Abuja)!!! / This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.