Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard (571 Views)

Itsekiri Accuses Niger delta Governors Of aiding Niger delta avengers-vanguard / Ijaw Communities Condemn Niger Delta Avengers / Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 08, 2016
Starting from Paragraph 30 of the link.

.....Popular Ijaw group, the Ijaw People’s Development Initiative,IPDI, has condemned attack on Chevron and NNPC oil pipelines at Abiteye and Makaraba in Delta State by Niger Delta Avengers NDA, warning that they should steer clear oil facilities in the nation as to avoid further jeopardy in the nation’s economy. N-Delta Avengers is non-existent – Ayiri Itsekiri leader and activist, Chief Ayiri Emami, however, took a different position.

While he condemned the attacks by the so-called Niger-Delta Avengers, which he said does not exist, he said: “The attacks are just to create a platform for negotiation with President Muhammadu Buhari.” He asserted, “I know that Mr. President is intelligent enough not to fall for just gimmick. Some of us volunteered to cooperate with the security agencies free of charge to fish out the perpetrators of these bombings, but the Delta state government did not see reason with us. They held a state security meeting asking why security agencies are working with us.” “I want to say that it is the duty of the state government to fish out the perpetrators, people cannot be here in Delta state and say that they do not know those responsible. They know the person directing his boys to do and should bring them out.

“They should not be saying that it is the All Progressives Congress, APC, people in the state that is causing it, it has nothing to do with APC,” he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/wont-apologize-tompolo-dares-n-delta-avengers/

When i wrote an article condenming d Niger Delta Avengers ( Scavengers) some idiots said a south south son will not condemn them.

in thier voice, Emami Ayiri and Ijaw People’s Development Initiative,IPDI, are northerners.
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by malton: 8:49pm On May 08, 2016
That's how it should be.

The Delta State Government though! lipsrsealed

LadyExcellency:
I hereby condemn the wanton destruction of public infrastructures and oil installations by the Avengers.

Yes, your excellency!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by LadyExcellency: 8:51pm On May 08, 2016
I hereby condemn the wanton destruction of public infrastructures and oil installations by the Avengers.
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by Sydney22: 8:51pm On May 08, 2016
@op When will you condemn Fulani herdsmen ?

Dindirin
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by SleekAboki: 8:52pm On May 08, 2016
Three things Buhari is most likely to do:

Pretend the problem doesn't exist and wish it magically resolves itself until the avengers succeeds in rendering our national output to zero.

Use the Shiite template while dropping barrel bombs with intent to obliterate the Niger Delta.

Negotiate and bring all warring interests in the Niger Delta including government Tompolo to the round table.
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by dollyjoy(f): 8:54pm On May 08, 2016
Sydney22:

Dindirin
what will op condemning Fulani herdsmen change? Does his opinion really count.
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by marshalcarter: 8:54pm On May 08, 2016
Una no dey think sey 2moro na mondayundecided

Una go carry Fulani and superman and batman nd ironman nd capt america nd thor matter for head sad

2moro is a Fuckin MONDAY BRAHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 08, 2016
Sydney22:
Dindirin

i do not support killing by Fulani Herdsmen. I totally condemn it. What they are doing is evil. And those herdsmen involve in d killing should be sentenced to death. However i do not support tribalising their activity by PDP elements for political gains. The fulani herdmens issue is an economic issue that require an economic solution.

I believe ranches should be use to rear cow not grazing. The govt can give them low interest loan for dat.
Re: Ijaw Group Condemn Niger Delta Avengers--- Vanguard by LadyExcellency: 9:00pm On May 08, 2016
See who Ijaw Elders are suspecting in this letter written to President Buhari

Ijaw Elders Write Buhari On Tompolo And Pipeline Vandalism

The Ijaw Council of Elders- Delta State has written to President Muhammadu Buhari on Tompolo, alleged arrest of Ijaw elders, and other issues. In the letter titled 'Pipeline Attacks: Ijaw Elders Say No To Another Military Invasion of Gbaramatu Kingdom', it stated that,"While not holding brief for Tompolo, the ex-militant leader and contractor to the Federal Government had the backing of former President Goodluck Jonathan in policing the pipelines during which period he stepped on toes of many big time oil bunkerers across the nation. That way, oil production was raised to a record height. As one now in opposition party, could agents of the present ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) whose toes he stepped on, be fighting back with actions for smear campaign."

On the threat to arrest Ijaw elders, the letter further stated that,"It is sad to note that Commanding Officers of the military in occupation threatened to arrest elders of the Ijaw communities where there was vandalization of oil installations. No such threat was issued to elders of communities in the North East where Boko Haram has held sway for years with sustained capacity for wrecking occasional and spectacular havocs on the populace till now. It should be noted that elders have words, not guns to confront arms and angry youths and can only deploy words, to effect, only if the youths believe the Federal Government would respect the words of the Ijaw elders. The seeming treatment that the Ijaw/Niger Delta is a conquered territory in the Nigerian nation is unfortunate and does not promote a sense of belonging."

(1) (Reply)

Emergence Of New Militant Group In The Niger Delta, The Easy Way Out For FG / I Will Defeat Okowa In Delta – Edo State Governor, Oshiomhole Says / Here Is The Latest News On Pension.......wahala Dey????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.