Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana (539 Views)

Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police / Dakuku Peterside To Be Prosecuted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana by coolscott(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2016
[size=13pt]SAN Femi Falana has said this morning on Channels TV's Sunrise Daily, that based on the fact that the Enugu State governor summoned a security council meeting in which the commissioner of police, Nwodibo Ekechukwu was present along with the Garrison Commander, Brigadier General Olufemi Akinjobi they both should be arrested and prosecuted for criminal negligence that led to the death of innocent lives and the destruction of property.

He said because they chose to do nothing after being fully informed, people died. I have actually said the same thing here in another post of mine: https://www.nairaland.com/3080660/fulanis-must-allowed-graze-anywhere#45229574
They neglected to do their duty, a duty they are paid to perform.
They failed to deploy any security personnel after the chief security officer of the state had done everything to make that happen. (Governors as CSOs are sometimes glorified CSOs with the present command/authority flow system).

These were the words of the Enugu State governor in a televised press conference after the massacre:[/size]

[size=17pt]“In the meeting, we received assurances from the Commissioner of Police that the Area Commander of SARS was on ground in Nimbo. That the Anti-Terrorism Unit was at Nimbo. That he was in contact with the Kogi State Commissioner of Police and reported suspected herdsmen grouping at Odolu in Kogi State preparatory for an attack on Nimbo and Abbi communities. That Police mobile force and conventional police were already drafted to Nimbo and Abbi communities. That he was in touch with the Area Commander, Idah, ACP Ikegwuonwu and had linked him with the Area Commander, Nsukka, ACP Monday Kuryas. Both men according to the CP reported that there were no traces of suspected herdsmen in Nsukka or Idah.

“That he ordered the Area Commander, Nsukka to redeploy to Nimbo. That the Garrison Commander on his part assured the meeting that Military was already deployed to Nimbo. Let me state that the State Government provided logistics for these deployments. After receiving these assurances of deployments to Nimbo, I felt quite confident that we had done everything possible to forestall an attack on Nimbo.”

“I have deliberately narrated what transpired at the Security Council meeting fully conscious of the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution pertaining to my oath of office. I am doing this in due discharge of my duties as Governor."
[/size]

[size=13pt]These are the people that were present in that security council meeting:

1)Garrison Commander, Brigadier General Olufemi Akinjobi who normally represents the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division Nigerian Army;

2)The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu;

3)The State Director of Department State Security Services (DSS), Mr. M. Abdul Malik;

4)The State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Mr. Lar Stephen;

5) Representatives of the Nigerian Air force
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana by fast2015: 10:05am On May 09, 2016
FTC, so they are all aware, they should answer for that
Re: Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:20am On May 09, 2016
He should really be prosecuted. He was fully aware and he came out to say it was a crisis by neighbouring communities. I smell conspiracy here.I guess he had been paid hugely not to avert the attack.
Re: Fmr Enugu Police Commissioner, Nwodibo Ekechukwu Shd Be Prosecuted - Femi Falana by coolscott(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2016
[size=13pt]That is why I don't believe in the talk of anti-corruption.
Instead of summoning these officers, they only transferred the commissioner of police.
What message do they believe that sends to the people?
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Enugu State Bans Grazing And Cattle Rearing / Is The NLC Strike Effective In Your Area-report Here With Pictures / Niger Delta Militants Bomb Agip Gas Pipeline Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.