Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Unpaid Salaries: Ortom Says ” We Don’t Know When This Will End” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: Ortom Says ” We Don’t Know When This Will End” (427 Views)

Don't Politicise Benue, Taraba Killing - Governor Ortom Says / Wheelbarrow: David Mark Mocks Ortom; Ortom Says He's Jealous Of His Achievement / Governor Ortom Says Foreign Herdsmen Responsible For Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Ortom Says ” We Don’t Know When This Will End” by MrScript(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2016
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has advised workers in the state not to fold their arms as it is uncertain when the economy of the state will improve enough to guarantee up-to-date payment of salaries.
About 27 states in the country are struggling to pay workers salaries due to falling oil prices globally which has adversely affected the Federal Government’s revenue allocation to states.
Governor Ortom who spoke on a phone-in programme on Radio Benue Thursday called on the people of the state to be patient while encouraging them to be creative and engage in businesses that will improve their economic condition and that of the state.
” I want to appeal to the people of Benue State be patient but to look inward and look outside the box. Try and be creative. Try and identify something that can add to your economic development and the state and begin to do it. Somewhere you will find support.
“This is a divine government and I have a divine mandate to improve on your lives. For me as your Governor, I believe these challenges will make us stronger when we come out of it because new doors and frontiers will open, just open up yourself and begin to do something.
” For those who are civil servants, don’t fold your arms we don’t know when this will end, but at least it is not against the law that a public servants should be a farmer or should do any agricultural endeavor. So if you find yourself doing something, no matter how little it adds, it will help.
” For those who are business men, please open up, don’t think that you are defeated. For those who are unemployed, well we are making efforts to bring investors but begin to do something on your own that will add to something.
” That was how I started and Oracle business became a very big conglomerate that we have today that is generating employment to over 500 people. We started from nowhere, in my house, in my bedroom with my wife. So somebody else can do the same. Let’s not fold our arms, let’s begin to do something. And I believe that God will help us in the course of we doing it because, for us, we are sincere.” He said.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Ortom Says ” We Don’t Know When This Will End” by eyeview: 11:59am On May 09, 2016
APC govt is clueless on how to overcome the present challenges facing this nation.
Its as if they were more interested in taking power than confronting the issues of governance.
From one end of the nation to another,its the same tale of hopelessness and helplessness with the leaders clueless on what to do.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Ortom Says ” We Don’t Know When This Will End” by Kollyk11(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2016
Benue ppl eyes don clear now abi.bunch of ingrates

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Key Note Address By President Buhari At The Common Wealth Event On Corruption / Who Now Buys Dollar At N197/$? Marketers To Source Their Own Dollars / Militants Threaten To Attack Chevron Hqtrs, Lagos, Tank Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.