Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (40773 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / How To Know And Avoid Domestic Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by halfricanadian(f): 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

Sis we have domestic abuse which are emotional,psychological..... but domestic violence is a different ball game.

Ok bt to me dey are all under violence

Nd domestic means something in a defined environment

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Strahovski1(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

I need to see your parents fast so that i can warn them not to bother spending more on your education.

You are so pathetic.I won't bother to reply you again cos its a waste of time.Just try to read first before making posts to avoid making mockery of yourself and displaying your odoriferous academic mediocrity.

You are just a shameless and waste of of a man.

Besides I need to see your mother and question her. It seems she slept with a mad man to birth you.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kinglekan: 2:00pm On May 09, 2016

Apart from 1 & 6 i totally disagree with your other points.

Regardless of how a lady provokes a man he should be able to control his emotions and most especially his hands. If he can't handle the situation he should opt out of the marriage.

***modified***
Your title is also all shades of wrong. Except you can prove that a woman is responsible for physically abusing herself in a relationship then you shouldn't say such.

10 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2016
Festivalofholi:
A lot of peeps commenting did not read d article. Op is not in anyway supporting domestic violence, instead d article is to help women to know how to curb domestic violence. U ladies shuld be thanking d op.

You get time dey explain to them...i enjoy it when they come on-line to show-case their mental mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Ishilove: 2:06pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

I can bet you did not read the article asides the title..

Please read first than comment.
Actually I did. It is very offensive because no matter what, a man should not raise his hand on a woman because he is physically stronger than her. You started by saying a man who beats his wife is worse than a beast, then go on to enumerate how women bring violence upon themselves. That, Toks, is highly offensive. The six points you enumerated has voided your first paragraph.

And your comment about people who don't agree with you being mentally mediocre says a lot about your blatant misogyny

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Actually I did. It is very offensive because no matter what, a man should not raise his hand on a woman because he is physically stronger than her. You started by saying a man who beats his wife is worse than a beast, then go on to enumerate how women bring violence upon themselves. That, Toks, is highly offensive
And your comment about people who don't agree with you being mentally mediocre says a lot about your blatant misogyny

If you know me very well,i have no issues with people disagreeing with my stand-view but what i loathe is people using vulgar words and that is not new on nairaland so go back and read the original comments of those i responded harshly to and you will see what i mean.

Apparently you are not on same page and i don't think you were unintelligent or immature about it but some people will use very appalling comments.

Nevertheless i respect your opinion and i have no influence on how you understand what i have up there but what i wrote is aimed at educating teh women folk about how to avoid domestic violence and it is clear enough.

12 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Ishilove: 2:13pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

LOBATAN!

Please read my modified comment
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by HaneefahRN(f): 2:15pm On May 09, 2016
I was expecting such a thread. Since Mr Toks justified the man that killed his wife cos she had supposedly cheated on him, of which there is no proof other than his loop holes filled story.
I only agree with your first point, cos some women would stupidly marry a man that had been beating them right from their courtship days saying he'll change. The rest are BS, if you can't cope with her behaviour, divorce her.

Useless men that will say, thank you sir, if soldier slaps them be forming Bruce Lee with a defenceless woman.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by tmanuelle(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
Vinshu:
Your misogyny is pathetic . Real men don't lay hands on women.

And real women does nos. 2, 3, 4 & 5?

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Danfuster(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
Vinshu:
Your misogyny is pathetic . Real men don't lay hands on women.

so also real women don't provoke men... It goes both ways.

Ps: I'm no misogynist and I'm with the motion any man who hits a woman should be dealt with accordingly

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
HaneefahRN:
I was expecting such a thread. Since Mr Toks justified the man that killed his wife cos she had supposedly cheated on him, of which there is no proof other than his loop holes filled story.
I only agree with your first point, cos some women would stupidly marry a man that had been beating them right from their courtship days saying he'll change. The rest are BS, if you can't cope with her behaviour, divorce her.

Useless men that will say, thank you sir, if soldier slaps them be forming Bruce Lee with a defenceless woman.

This is serious @the embolden.

Anyways,whatever rocks your boat.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 2:29pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

*Pulls out dick and start masturbation on threaD*

Who told u that I will not hit u if u pass ur boundaries on insults...I go carry stick wipe it head comot ur neck and nothing will happen

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 2:32pm On May 09, 2016
kaziblake:
I totally disagree with no 3...A woman who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing have every right to insult and even deny you sex.

Mecheww

Real men don't beat their wives

Look at the stupid thing u wrote again...do u really hv a brain?

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Ishilove: 2:36pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

If you know me very well,i have no issues with people disagreeing with my stand-view but what i loathe is people using vulgar words and that is not new on nairaland so go back and read the original comments of those i responded harshly to and you will see what i mean.

Apparently you are not on same page and i don't think you were unintelligent or immature about it but some people will use very appalling comments.

Nevertheless i respect your opinion and i have no influence on how you understand what i have up there but what i wrote is aimed at educating teh women folk about how to avoid domestic violence and it is clear enough.

@bolded

6 facts that prove women are the main cause of domestic violence

Your title says the opposite.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by murphyibiam15(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2016
sabiguy:

So what about a man who goes out to work in order to feed you and the kids while you stay home doing nothing also have every right to insult, deny u sex and beat the crap out of you right??

You are a good example of r e t a r d e d n e s s and imbecility. The man wey go marry u don suffer. I rebuke your kind of Lady in my life. Amen
i reject her kind of women too.....she's capable of killing her husband sef....may God deliver us from these kind of ladies

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 2:43pm On May 09, 2016
Ishilove:

Actually I did. It is very offensive because no matter what, a man should not raise his hand on a woman because he is physically stronger than her. You started by saying a man who beats his wife is worse than a beast, then go on to enumerate how women bring violence upon themselves. That, Toks, is highly offensive. The six points you enumerated has voided your first paragraph.

I don't believe in the " a man shouldn't hit a woman no matter what" crap u posted...do u expect the man to keep on being abused and disrespected mentally, after spending so much on wedding and bride price ...infact , u de craze for head. Most women are becoming increasingly stupid by the day. If u can't control ur mouth, I also will not be able to control my hand... Will u insult a person with a gun?? If u know ur husband has the strength to beat u if u intentionally and continuously insult him, then its certain you are a witch and he will do to u what they do to witches

11 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by ogorwyne(f): 2:49pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

So if the thread is useless, you have to be disgusting?

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 2:54pm On May 09, 2016
Everyday, we preach fight against domestic violence but it keeps on proliferating...it simply shows that we are taking the wrong step and getting the same result.

Y dont we change pattern...women should stop provoking men by insulting them and bruising their ego ... If ur man offends u, talk to him gently and if he refuses to change , u liv him for good...because if u are violent with ur words, then he will in turn b violent with his hands ... We need to understand that a woman's strength is her mouth while the man is his hands . Men don't insult like women , they rather confront physically, so dont push him to do that... Insulting ur husband is also domestic violence if u don't know.

The domestic violence we should come as one to fight are the ones that intimidates their wives or husbands for no credible reason... The bullies I mean

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Strahovski1(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2016
cr7lomo:

Who told u that I will not hit u if u pass ur boundaries on insults...I go carry stick wipe it head comot ur neck and nothing will happen

The beating you would receive. You would beg for death. Death won't come.

7 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:

The beating you would receive. You would beg for death. Death won't come.

Now we talking!!!

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by alhajisindodo(m): 3:30pm On May 09, 2016
Reading and understanding has also become a problem for y'all too ? the man isnt supporting physical abuse,these are simply preventive measures,you think physical abuse is the worst ? try emotional abuse,knew a man who wouldnt touch his wife physically but tore her apart with words.she is currently in an assylum in the UK.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by DanceVille: 3:50pm On May 09, 2016
Nairalanders and their ways of insulting and derailing threads.
Upcoming Thread.

Watch out!!!
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Vinshu(f): 4:18pm On May 09, 2016
Danfuster:

so also real women don't provoke men... It goes both ways.

Ps: I'm no misogynist and I'm with the motion any man who hits a woman should be dealt with accordingly

Your post script is nullified with your initial statement. So because women provoke men that is an excuse for domestic violence? What are you saying?
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by 400billionman: 4:23pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

Mental patient .

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Moblis: 4:30pm On May 09, 2016
You all don't seem to understand. What the OP wrote is for the protection of women. They should know. When a woman cheats and the husband finds out, understand that at that point, he is not with his senses and anything can happen. She shouldn't be anywhere around him. dead men tell no tales.

my 2 kobo.

Suigeneris93:

I agree with this totally, its useless to think you can change anyone especially in marriage, the same applies to guys too

So a man should not help out in the house because of his ego Load of BS

This is true too, men found to be guilty of physically abusing their wives tend to have a verbally abusive spouse. Ladies should actually watch their utterance because words wound too

If she cheats kuku divorce her and end the marriage ni, instead of carrying out your frustration on someone's daughter undecided

[size=12pt][color=#000099]

Same as point 4 above

[size=12pt][color=#000099][b][s][/s]

Crap undecided

I hope you justify a man raising his hand on your daughter with this undecided

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 09, 2016
My dear, the op's topic already says it all and now we're on it...so if your wife cheats on you it will be legit for you to raise your hands on her and probably kill her in the process abi undecided

Moblis:
You all don't seem to understand. What the OP wrote is for the protection of women. They should know. When a woman cheats and the husband finds out, understand that at that point, he is not with his senses and anything can happen. She shouldn't be anywhere around him. dead men tell no tales.
my 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Moblis: 4:57pm On May 09, 2016
It is wrong to hit a woman. If a man hits a woman in my presence, he'll have to deal with me too. I'm like that. But all men are not the same. some are simply mad! and if you know you're married to men like that, best take the OPs advice simple! do you understand now?

Suigeneris93:
My dear, the op's topic already says it all and now we're on it...so if your wife cheats on you it will be legit for you to raise your hands on her and probably kill her in the process abi undecided

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by berrystunn(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2016
Yes na
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by ifeanyi83(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2016
Nothing justifies domestic violence. Please....

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 09, 2016
Simply put, only point 1 is valid.

All men must be men and show maturity with women. Being a man goes beyond having a "P.enis".

No woman born of another man or woman can ever make me lay a finger on any WOMAN unless out of self defense for my life or for the life of a loved one.

Men should learn and grow beyond the childish acts of women.

6 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 09, 2016
hahahahahahahaha this guy sef
Strahovski1:
Useless...

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Shakur86(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2016
Above all, a responsible man don't raise his hand and hit a woman.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.