Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (40841 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / How To Know And Avoid Domestic Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by ummeey: 7:31pm On May 09, 2016
There is no justification to beating your wife.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by GANJAFARMER: 7:31pm On May 09, 2016
cekhoe:
do you even have any idea about the IQ of a rodent?, I tried to reason with your point,but comparing some ladies to that is an insult and anything coming from you is viewed by me as trash,so please don't quote me again
The truth can never be an insult unless by those who hates the truth.
When you mentioned about pushing a man to the limit or tempting a man to hit you to ascertain if he will batter you in the future , then that's an IQ that belongs to a woman that is running with an IQ of a rodent.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Blastcap101: 7:35pm On May 09, 2016
Wealthgang:
People who usually rant "never lay hands on a woman no matter what" are those who end up doing it. Its not just by ranting it, u have to understand d real principle behind that statement. I know this from experience.

So why should u generally not lay hands on a woman? Simple! Cos women are generally perceived as weaker (physically) than men, hence are defenseless.
In order words, d real quip should be "never lay hands on a defenseless person (male or female)" instead of "never lay hands on a woman". The latter is by no means a moral absolute.

Saying that it is never justifiable under any circumstance whatsoever, to "lay hands on a woman" is d stupidest thing anyone can say.
As a martial arts student, I wouldn't fight with a lady (non-martial arts) any more than I wouldn't fight a 12yr-old boy or a disabled person. They're defenseless.

In d case where a lady is not defenseless n tries anything physical with u, by all means defend urself.
If d lady is defenseless but provokes u, by all means control urself no matter what.
If she's defenseless but still attacks u, by all means give her a dirty slap. It shud end dere, punches n kicks n headbutts not allowed.

I remember an incident that happnd in UBA bank uniport (which is usually crowded). A girl was shouting n cursing in d bank over her 5k which was wrongly deducted n d staff were trying 2 calm her down. Then a boy sitting elsewhere told her 2 calm down, that d money was just 5k na and would be refunded. This didn't go well with d gal cos b4 we knew it, she walked up to 2 boy & slapped him hard. As if that wasn't enough, she took off her slippers n slapped d boy again with it, to d dismay of evry1. She wanted 2 hit him again b4 a guy drew her away. D customers inside d bank were so angry n some were prompting d boy 2 give d gal a dirty slap n were swearing d gal would have died if it was them. The boy didn't react but just walkd outside.

What happnd afta, I dnt know.

If u were in his shoes, what wud u do?
If it was me, I won't hesitate 2 slap her back n front. Y have d guts 2 slap me in public? "Never lay hands on a woman" my ass. Wud also do same if it was a guy.
Some women don't hesitate 2 slap n attack men because they have that mentality an absolute law is guiding dem n they kw how 2 cry a river when a finger touches them. Bullshit!

As for wife-beating, men who do dat are goats n I wonder how women still go ahead 2 marry such men. One big cause of it is poverty n blockheadedness. U hardly c wealthy/enlightnd pple pummeling their wives.
Where I blame women 4 it is y they allow themselvs 2 be beaten continuously all in d name of luv or i-want-to-save-my-marriage

I just want to appreciate you for this very sane comment..... It is quite appalling how quickly we are to shift in our seats when issues like this are discussed, trying hard not to be caught on the wrong side of the room. I will state categorically that as many women are victims of DV so are men!

The case should be against hitting someone who is weaker, defenseless to not hitting atall when provoked and not just women because alot of women today are perpatrators of DV, they are quick to use their fist, sharp instruments or whatever it is they can lay their hands on etc to drive home their anger and when this occurs you dont hear condemnation but phrases such as “ no vex leave am, na woman”, “you be orle o! Na woman dey beat you”.

I have personally witnessed relationships where the women are fighters, quick to use their fist..... We should condemn all forms of violence from and on both sexes and stop acting like it is only a male thing.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 09, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
The truth can never be an insult unless by those who hates the truth.
When you mentioned about pushing a man to the limit or tempting a man to hit you to ascertain if he will batter you in the future , then that's an IQ that belongs to a woman that is running with an IQ of a rodent.
if you did not have a brain made in China,you would have read and understood that i said if a man hits you during courship,forgive him,and see if he does it again,but i guess my rodent IQ could phanthom that compared to your made in china brain that needs factory reset,all this small boys self,understand before you quote next time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Ngoziada592: 7:44pm On May 09, 2016
Ok
Blastcap101:

I just want to appreciate you for this very sane comment..... It is quite appalling how quickly we are to shift in our seats when issues like this are discussed, trying hard not to be caught on the wrong side of the room. I will state categorically that as many women are victims of DV so are men!

The case should be against hitting someone who is weaker, defenseless to not hitting atall when provoked and not just women because alot of women today are perpatrators of DV, they are quick to use their fist, sharp instruments or whatever it is they can lay their hands on etc to drive home their anger and when this occurs you dont hear condemnation but phrases such as “ no vex leave am, na woman”, “you be orle o! Na woman dey beat you”.

I have personally witnessed relationships where the women are fighters, quick to

use their fist..... We should condemn all forms of violence from and on both sexes and stop acting like it is only a male thing.

You are right all forms of violence are wrong. People talk more about women because most of those who are killed are women. Generally Nigerians are bullies who pick on those physically weaker than them. Men in uniform will beat civilians, men will beat women, women will beat maids, school seniors will beat juniors and e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by GANJAFARMER: 7:44pm On May 09, 2016
cekhoe:
if you did not have a brain made in China,you would have read and understood that i said if a man hits you during courship,forgive him,and see if he does it again,but i guess my rodent IQ could phanthom that compared to your made in china brain that needs factory reset,all this small boys self,understand before you quote next time
If not for your IQ that can only function half way to that of a rodent , you should also know that courtship is part of marriage ( as if you've had a real boyfriend in your worthless life talk less of courtship) .
Keep regurgitating crap from your blood dripping brain cells to outperform your first iidiotic comment that stinks of stupidity that is taller than mount Everest. Be my guest.
All these Ashawo self Wey no get respect . cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by greetings(f): 7:45pm On May 09, 2016
Naikkie:
OP, your topic is flawed just by using the words 'main cause'. From an academic and intellectual stand point, you should not have listed your points as if they are facts, no social survey, no research backing etc. It's better written as 'your opinion'.

My take on this is that 'MUTUAL RESPECT BY BOTH PARTIES' would prevent domestic violence on either party.

Reading your back and forth arguments with people is really sad. You did not 'educate/inform' people you sounded as someone who would like to impose his views on people and get angry at suggestions/or other people's views.

To the mods, this is not front page worthy, so much generalization without notable social survey on a very depressing social issue.

My exact problem with his points, these are not facts, they are his observations. And he's arguing, I mean. Where did he get his facts from? What research? How many victims have you interviewed?

To cap it all, op even alluded in his replies that he had to coin the topic in a "catchy way". To what end? To make front page? Or to raise emotions?

Seun, please note that this is a sensitive issue, and even more important than the fx trade and betting ban. Your mods should scrutinize the content vis a vis the title before pushing it to FP.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by kennethology(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2016
I can assure you that some men were not born wife beater but the aerobic instructor in the house label them wife beater. Left for me, what ever made me beat my wife ,the marriage is over cos I can't beat her again.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by oshaosha2014(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2016
Can any man abuse like a woman. A man that doesn't know you from no where can abuse and you feel nothing. But a woman that knows everything about you yet resorts to destroying your ego with words that cut deep, man, you can't be gentle for too long with such woman. You all say no matter what don't hit a woman. Why don't you tell the women, "no matter what don't abuse your husband with your poisonous tongue." A woman doesn't need to be physical to abuse you, her tongue is enough. A man on the other hand, no matter how gentle, will one day raise his hand if his wife can't just shut up for a sec. Woman, woman, woman,.. don't do this to her, do this to her, don't do that to her. You have turned them to prostitutes all in the name of over pampering them.
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

*Pulls out dick and start masturbation on threaD*

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 09, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
If not for your IQ that can only function half way to that of a rodent , you should also know that courtship is part of marriage ( as if you've had a real boyfriend in your worthless life talk less of courtship) .
Keep regurgitating crap from your blood dripping brain cells to outperform your first iidiotic comment that stinks of stupidity that is taller than mount Everest. Be my guest.
All these Ashawo self Wey no get respect . cheesy
you see yourself, ashawo,is that all you can come up with?,that word is an over used demeaning word,think of something better, like i said you are a small boy,and you just proved me right,matured men know how to argue without insults and demeaning words, but boys like you only know how to drive their points by insults,now run along,I have noticed you boy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 8:03pm On May 09, 2016
coachwilcox:
5 ways to avoid becoming a woman beater

1. Develop ego and self respect for yourself as a man. A man who respects himself will never put up with the petulance and provocation of a woman. He'd rather walk away. No matter what the woman has to offer.

2. Be goal driven and ambitious. Never live a woman's dream for her and leave yours. Some men get married and forget about self development. They begin to live their wives dream. As soon as she's stable and independent and he's static, he begins to fade in their eyes. Respect is gone. Ego is bruised. Never make your wife's personal development supersede yours.

3. Avoid drama women like a plague. A lot of women are drama driven. They thrive on the dramatic relationship and must feed that drama fix.

4. Marry for the right reasons. Never marry a woman for beauty, her career , sex, pity, cause she had your child. Etc. marry only for lov and a woman with good character like in Proverbs.

5. Develop the fruitage of the spirit found in Galatians.
This ought to be a thread. Well said
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 09, 2016
Blastcap101:

I have personally witnessed relationships where the women are fighters, quick to use their fist..... We should condemn all forms of violence from and on both sexes and stop acting like it is only a male thing.

Exactly. "Don't hit d defenseless" instead of "Never hit a woman no matter what" as if its one absolute unchangeable law.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 8:07pm On May 09, 2016
stingbreed:
I have been in a situation where i was being held hostage, i tried walking away but i was roughly pulled back, the door was locked on me & i had no where to go.. Women scare me
Very bad I must say. Very very bad
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 09, 2016
When you listen to some women speak, you'll just shake your head and pity the innocent man housing them. One idiot started running her mouth on my friend at a shopping mall on the island and before you could say jackrobinson the woman gave my guy a dirty slap. Trust Elvis na, my guy gave her the beating of her life before people could intervene, the idiot was crying with a swollen eye and making frantic calls i had to call my guy aside and advise him to use style do usen bolt ohh cause the idiot fit be Commissioner of Police fuckmate! grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Seun(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2016
I am so sorry about this topic. We have dropped it from the home page. Victim blaming is something that should never be condoned. It's not bad to say, 'here are the things you can do to protect yourself', but to say that the people who have been abused are the "main cause" is evil.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 09, 2016
Mamatee07:

An men don't verbally abuse their wives too? When a solider abuses you beat him or els you are a big coward .

No one will go to jail for verbal abuse but you will be jailed for physical assault . That's th law so deal
tell that to tens of women that got beaten by their spouse because of verbal abuse,the law is not always right,it wasn't formed by angels,if the law tends to serve the females more than the males,there will be chaos...so they should keep on insulting and the beatings will keep on resurfacing

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 09, 2016
Seun:
I am so sorry about this topic. We have dropped it from the home page. Victim blaming is something that should never be condoned. It's not bad to say, 'here are the things you can do to protect yourself', but to say that the people who have been abused are the "main cause" is evil.
you cannot preach against domestic violence and support verbal abuse both tends to affect their target negatively

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 8:13pm On May 09, 2016
mavinkalot:
Me wey dey cook serve my wife and kids! Is that one brusing ego? Please men spare me that ego BS. cooking for my family on many occasions have increased and consolidaated my other half's(wife's) love, loyalty and respect. Marriaage is like a box; you put in strawberries, vanilla, chocolate, then u get many more of these flavors. If u sit tight and demand a list of attitudes from ur wife, without u doing much u are archaic. Just as u love to be served food just when u are hungry; the woman loves same. No be same intestine she get? Foe me, It all depends on how u see ur wife. When I wash my wife's panties n clothes, cook and serve her, I am see it as I am doing that for myself or my other half. I feel joy n effortless in doing it. Cus na my own. There is a way u wud treat ur wife, u get the best of her not insults. Bring the best of her out. My wife is me. No big deal try ooking for ur wife n serving her. Try helping her in domestic chores esp those times she maybe getting choked with home chores only for her to see thaat it has been fixed by u. JOY, u hv reinjected life in her. Just as she is busy rushing back from office for market, just to make soup. She gets ur call akin her to come home straight n forget that stress. She meets the delicious soup served by u for her. Bro it takes notin from ur ego but adds to ur respect n love bank. I hv boys or wud be havin boys, so I hv to teach them how to handle a womn. My wife being the only femaale amongst four men needs all of the lov and Protection. You beat ur wife up the next minute u expect her to cook, kiss n pet u before u eat. Haba! U be witch? It is gabbaage in and gabbage out. GIGO! Wot u give her she multiplies n brings back. Give her abuse, she multiplies it n gives u back. Give her sperm, she mutiplies it n gives u baby. Wake up men!
May ur days be long. You are indeed a real man. May peace continue to reign in your home

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nina4u(f): 8:18pm On May 09, 2016
Communication is the key to a healthy relationship . If something is bothering you ..you guys need to sit down an talk about it ..hear each others view and find a sullotion to it . Nobody has a right to put their hands on anybodey male or female .. Nobodey has a right to abuse anybody verbally or physically .. If you so mad your boiling go for a walk ..calm down ..then talk about what makes you upset .

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 09, 2016
makavel7:
When you listen to some women speak, you'll just shake your head and pity the innocent man housing them. One idiot started running her mouth on my friend at a shopping mall on the island and before you could say jackrobinson the woman gave my guy a dirty slap. Trust Elvis na, my guy gave her the beating of her life before people could intervene, the idiot was crying with a swollen eye and making frantic calls i had to call my guy aside and advise him to use style do usen bolt ohh cause the idiot fit be Commissioner of Police fuckmate! grin

grin grin grin
But ur guy for no beat her like that. I don't have much pity for d lady sha! Next time fear go catch am b4 she slaps a man.
Or woman sef.
I pray she slaps a woman who's a 'single bone' or blackbelter make I see how many calls she go make
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Adek15(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I agree with this totally, its useless to think you can change anyone especially in marriage, the same applies to guys too

So a man should not help out in the house because of his ego Load of BS

This is true too, men found to be guilty of physically abusing their wives tend to have a verbally abusive spouse. Ladies should actually watch their utterance because words wound too

If she cheats kuku divorce her and end the marriage ni, instead of carrying out your frustration on someone's daughter undecided

[size=12pt][color=#000099]

Same as point 3 above

[size=12pt][color=#000099][b][s][/s]

Crap undecided

I hope you justify a man raising his hand on your daughter with this undecided
on ur second comment. Oga!! A man and a woman have different responsibilities in a home. The man is to provide for the family financially, be the kids role model, support the family psychologically, emotionally e.t.C while the woman is to take care of the family's welfare I.e cooking, keeping the house clean and others. If the husband or wife performs the functions of the other person. It should be their choice. My 2 cent.
To have a peaceful home, read about the life of prophet Muhammad. The relationships he had with his wives
NB: remember, a peaceful society starts from peaceful homes
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Seun(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2016
kevinberry:
you cannot preach against domestic violence and support verbal abuse both tends to affect their target negatively
Men and women have the same number of mouths but men are 50% stronger than women of the same weight and usually weigh more. If a woman verbally abuses a man, he is free to answer verbally since he has a mouth too, but he must not escalate it to physical violence. Ok?

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by omooba969(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2016
Nixiepie:
face ya front eeediot....

grin grin You see now, a 'otii ko ifa nle ifa nse! cheesy

Must you call your adorable husband an eeediot? Well, I won't lay my hands on you. kiss
I'm a simple man with simple needs & that's one of the reasons you said YES ! cool
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 8:22pm On May 09, 2016
kevinberry:
tell that to tens of women that got beaten by their spouse because of verbal abuse,the law is not always right,it wasn't formed by angels,if the law tends to serve the females more than the males,there will be chaos...so they should keep on insulting and the beatings will keep on resurfacing
Men are equally guilty of verbal abuse. Is it that you don't know it.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by efficiencie(m): 8:22pm On May 09, 2016
If a man gets violent its one of two things, it's either he has a beastly trait or he is provoked (even women too are faced with these options too)...if he has a beastly trait, then the wife has to be a beast too to accept as a beast as a hubby and hence she denies herself the right to evade domestic violence but if he is provoked and he is provoked by the wife she has literally purchased domestic violence and the same happens with wives...
women can be subtly violent too in response to provocation or due to her beastly traits. A wife that deliberately fills the hubby's food with spices, insults the hubby, abandons the home without notice, hurls things at the man, tarnishes his image before friends and family, the list goes on and all these are violence of sorts...

we all need to be God-like. God doesn't provoke others to their hurt and he doesn't get provoked easily...

violence between couples is not godly irrespective of the source of violence, whether it is the man or the wife!
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Adek15(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2016
cowgirl9090:
I don't see reasons why a wife shouldn't ask her husband to help out in the kitchen or in domestic chores except she is an housewife but if she also works the husband don't need to be told he should help out .

true. The man should help at home too but they're ways of saying it without hurting the man's ego which many women lacks.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 8:25pm On May 09, 2016
Seun:
Thank you very much. You are a sensitive man
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 09, 2016
mavinkalot:
Me wey dey cook serve my wife and kids! Is that one brusing ego? Please men spare me that ego BS. cooking for my family on many occasions have increased and consolidaated my other half's(wife's) love, loyalty and respect. Marriaage is like a box; you put in strawberries, vanilla, chocolate, then u get many more of these flavors. If u sit tight and demand a list of attitudes from ur wife, without u doing much u are archaic. Just as u love to be served food just when u are hungry; the woman loves same. No be same intestine she get? Foe me, It all depends on how u see ur wife. When I wash my wife's panties n clothes, cook and serve her, I am see it as I am doing that for myself or my other half. I feel joy n effortless in doing it. Cus na my own. There is a way u wud treat ur wife, u get the best of her not insults. Bring the best of her out. My wife is me. No big deal try ooking for ur wife n serving her. Try helping her in domestic chores esp those times she maybe getting choked with home chores only for her to see thaat it has been fixed by u. JOY, u hv reinjected life in her. Just as she is busy rushing back from office for market, just to make soup. She gets ur call akin her to come home straight n forget that stress. She meets the delicious soup served by u for her. Bro it takes notin from ur ego but adds to ur respect n love bank. I hv boys or wud be havin boys, so I hv to teach them how to handle a womn. My wife being the only femaale amongst four men needs all of the lov and Protection. You beat ur wife up the next minute u expect her to cook, kiss n pet u before u eat. Haba! U be witch? It is gabbaage in and gabbage out. GIGO! Wot u give her she multiplies n brings back. Give her abuse, she multiplies it n gives u back. Give her sperm, she mutiplies it n gives u baby. Wake up men!

From this your rant I dont need to be guru maraji to know that your woman wears the pants in your house. You definitely must be a jobless house husband to have enough time to cook, wash your wife's pants and diligently keep the house clean waiting for your emperor to come back from work. Pathetic!!! You said you have boys, I pray they dont end up like their father.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Missmossy(f): 8:26pm On May 09, 2016
This guy and his threads undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by omooba969(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2016
aubventure:

But she can insult you because she is your mum

And hitting her is the solution to your nauseating problem or will probably make you feel better, wouldn't it.

Awon oponu gbogbo. cool

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 09, 2016
Seun:
Men and women have the same number of mouths but men are 50% stronger than women of the same weight and usually weigh more. If a woman verbally abuses a man, he is free to retaliate verbally since he has a mouth too, but he must not escalate it to physical violence. Ok?
time consuming
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by omooba969(m): 8:33pm On May 09, 2016
dare2differ:
If you can refrain from beating your children, why should it be harder to refrain from hitting the person you lay
?

?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.