Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari (2830 Views)

Igbo Were Doing Almost Everything Possible To Have The 2nd Biafran Civil War! / We Must Do Everything Possible To Stop Nnamdi Kanu - Olusegun Obasanjo / Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 8:35pm On May 09, 2016
By Abdulsalam Muhammad - KANO

President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to do everything possible to keep Nigeria as one. President Buhari who bore his mind at Emir’s Palace, Katsina during the beginning of his two day official visit to the state Monday, recalled with nostalgia colossal lives that were lost during the Nigerian civil war all in a bid to ensure our unity.

“I always say the civil war was fought for the unity of Nigeria because as at the time we have not even discovered oil let alone enjoying it, and we must not also forget that about two million people were killed”. Buhari lamented that it was rather unfortunate that “recently, some people who were not even born then are saying they want to divide Nigeria”.

The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”. Buhari further assured that his administration would do all that is within his powers to ensure the continuous existence of Nigeria as a peaceful and one united entity.

The President who admitted that he knows the difficulties Nigerians are passing through said government was doing everything possible to change the fortunes of the nation. He appealed to Nigerians to go back to farm as it remains the viable option out of our current economic quagmire, as he futher added “those who don’t have should the necessary wherewithal should learn trade”.

Earlier in an his address, the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Kabir accused the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan for abandoning the contract for dredging of River Niger.

Emir Kabir noting that “inland water way is the wealth of the nation and these people don’t want it here”. He urged residents especially the hausa-fulani to intensify prayers for PMB.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/will-everything-possible-keep-nigeria-one-buhari/

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by kodded(m): 8:43pm On May 09, 2016

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by kYjelly2: 8:44pm On May 09, 2016
When you say "anything", do you mean like restructuring the country? Or do you simply mean killing everybody that doesn't want to be under Nigeria anymore?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by bishopkay: 8:45pm On May 09, 2016
hehehe
Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by youngeagle(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2016
Joker...where are my 5% n*ggas!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by tomakint: 8:54pm On May 09, 2016
I belong to the Southwest part of this Country and I make bold to say that this statement credited to the President of this great country who is an Elderstates man is an "act of war" on its own. Is Buhari trying to fight another Civil War should an aggrieved part of this Country felt shortchanged in the scheme of things?
The points raised by the Niger Delta Avengers are genuine and germane to the issue plaguing us as a Nation shortly after Biafra-Nigeria Civil ear. Buhari will only succeed in rubbishing his good start on putting Nigeria on a new pedestal should he tow the path of confrontation with the militants..... I repeat, any act of confrontation from the Nigerian Troops against innocent lives (likely targets) in the Niger Delta area of Nigeria may lead to Gaddafi's treatment from the International Powers as the place of dialogue ought to have been utilized to a logical conclusion.

**Buhari must be reminded that this is not 1966, the world has metamorphosed politically over the years. It is no longer "compulsory" that we "must" be ONE as Buhari is championing. The foundation of this Country is faulty from day one and as one of the Gladiators of the Civil War, he should know better**

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 8:55pm On May 09, 2016
There is no one Nigeria.

What we have is an amalgam of different nations with different cultures, traditions and mindsets.

It is what Yorubas will term 'adalu' a mixture of beans and corn with glaring differences.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 09, 2016
The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”.

Scary reasoning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Jirate(m): 9:03pm On May 09, 2016
If you Like Do, If You Like, Don't Do, I am not interested. If Dividing Nigeria is what it will take to Make Nigeria Great, so be It. cool cool

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by gidgiddy: 9:10pm On May 09, 2016
Some people can be scandalous. Buharis thinking is like that of some who lives inside a cave. It is not Buharis job to keep Nigeria one, there was never a time we came together and agreed to be one. Britain created Nigeria. But in 2014, that same Britain allowed Scotland a referendum so that they can decide if they want to become a separate nation. But in Nigeria, a gworo chewing dullard is talking about keeping Nigeria one when there is historical connection between us Igbos and them. So what is there to keep together?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 9:13pm On May 09, 2016
The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away

Fulani terrorist herdsmen grand patron talking.

Buhari is a very divisive personality. And some idiots believed he's a man of integrity not pro-Fulani herdsmen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Agunechemba1(m): 9:16pm On May 09, 2016
Once an illiterate is always an illiterate.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by chikel2000(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2016
GEJ again? Una no go free this man?. I will just watch PMB. Let's see where dis leads to

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by MasterofNL: 9:18pm On May 09, 2016
Buhari should stop lying.

The civil war was not fought to keep Nigeria one but to annex crude oil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Godjone(m): 9:23pm On May 09, 2016
Because you have gotten your presidential position that you so much yearned for after many fruitless attempt.
You were ready then to set Nigeria ablaze if not for GEJ's godliness, yet you want to come here to deceive us of keeping Nigeria as one.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 09, 2016
Your actions do not depict a man who believes in the oneness of this country. If a presidential visit is too costly to be paid to Agatu and Enugu. Or presidential empathy too hard to be shown to the victims of herdsmen attacks. Then you give strength to the centrifugal forces threatening to pull this country apart. This country is held together by a fragile lattice, the centre may no longer hold if some sacred cows are left to keep tugging at it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by SleekAboki: 9:31pm On May 09, 2016
Regionalism or divide the geographical expression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by TheFreeOne: 9:33pm On May 09, 2016
gidgiddy:
Some people can be scandalous. Buharis thinking is like that of some who lives inside a cave. It is not Buharis job to keep Nigeria one, there was never a time we came together and agreed to be one. Britain created Nigeria. But in 2014, that same Britain allowed Scotland a referendum so that they can decide if they want to become a separate nation. But in Nigeria, a gworo chewing dullard is talking about keeping Nigeria one when there is historical connection between us Igbos and them. So what is there to keep together?

He just rubbed it in the faces of southerners by re-echoing indirectly Ahmadu bello's/Fulani agenda:

7 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Yorubasgreat(f): 9:36pm On May 09, 2016
Buhari Buhari Buhari Buhari, how many times did I call you..
There is gonna be blood on the street of Nigeria sooner than later..

There is gonna be serious blood if you don't sack all those sycophants around you.. I understand you brain has scattered hence all this nonsense you are saying weren't coming from your original brain..

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by VulgarVulvas: 9:42pm On May 09, 2016
The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”.

If there was any doubt about a northernization agenda , this statement from Buhari himself stands as a confirmation.

Here you see him stating the motives of the Fulani invasion hinging it on climate change and drought.

This is a war of survival and expansion by the Fulanis to occupy the south and middle belt.

Seun, may God continue to punish you and your entire people.

Your southwest will be used as grazing and not Niger Delta and Biafra.

If there is ever a time to war , this is it.

God punish Buhari , the entire Muslim north and southwest and you too Seun for your connivance in hiding this present day jihadist agenda.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by sexybrooke: 10:31pm On May 09, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

If there was any doubt about a northernization agenda , this statement from Buhari himself stands as a confirmation.

Here you see him stating the motives of the Fulani invasion hinging it on climate change and drought.

This is a war of survival and expansion by the Fulanis to occupy the south and middle belt.

Seun, may God continue to punish you and your entire people.

Your southwest will be used as grazing and not Niger Delta and Biafra.

If there is ever a time to war , this is it.

God punish Buhari , the entire Muslim north and southwest and you too Seun for your connivance in hiding this present day jihadist agenda.
badt guy I love your post when I come down to nigeria,people like you are the type I love rolling with

2 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2016
If we can take you serious in keeping Nigeria as one sir deal with your Fulani people

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by absalut: 10:54pm On May 09, 2016
"Chase us away" ??

2 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by tanteta(m): 11:05pm On May 09, 2016
This is serious,
Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Feraz(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2016
“I always say the civil war was fought for the unity of Nigeria because as at the time we have not even discovered oil let alone enjoying it, and we must not also forget that about two million people were killed”. Buhari lamented that it was rather unfortunate that “recently, some people who were not even born then are saying they want to divide Nigeria”.
The red bolded, someone correct me if I am wrong but was oil not discovered in 1956 in Olobiri? What of the first refinery built in 1965? Was it not functional before the civil war? Let us now assume that he is correct - why then do people say the Igbos fought the civil war because they wanted to control the Niger Delta oil?

The President noted “with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”. Buhari further assured that his administration would do all that is within his powers to ensure the continuous existence of Nigeria as a peaceful and one united entity.
The green bolded, his response makes it look like 'fifth columnists' were right about him supporting the massacre going on while paying lip service to dealing decisively with them. The South is now seen as a war booty! Omoshiroi!!!!! He as a president isn't supposed to say that.

The President who admitted that he knows the difficulties Nigerians are passing through said government was doing everything possible to change the fortunes of the nation. He appealed to Nigerians to go back to farm as it remains the viable option out of our current economic quagmire, as he futher added “those who don’t have should the necessary wherewithal should learn trade”.
The blue bolded, he should be fast because Nigerians are growing impatient by the day.

Earlier in an his address, the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Kabir accused the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan for abandoning the contract for dredging of River Niger.

Emir Kabir noting that “inland water way is the wealth of the nation and these people don’t want it here”. He urged residents especially the hausa-fulani to intensify prayers for PMB.
The brown bolded, prayers without putting the right structures in place is futile.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by jameseva: 11:31pm On May 09, 2016
What is the problem of this useless sets of posters above!! Most likely same set of lifeless, hating and jobless id*ots from the suspect Nnamdi Kanu supporting region!! You people should be aware that NO ONE in the history of the world has attracted goodness to himself/herself by constantly preaching and spreading hate!! Its Not Magic, curse or prayer.. it is the way the forces of the world works!

KONTINU

2 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Ariani: 11:32pm On May 09, 2016
“with the way Sahara is advancing, with Boko Haram, growing number of people and uncertainty over rainfall, in a land where we fought civil war leading to the death of about two million, it would be foolhardy for someone to just say he would chase us away”.

Hmm, Odikwa serious.
Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by chesterlee(m): 11:40pm On May 09, 2016
He said he would do "Anything" possible...

He should also be willing to "Die" for the nation!

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Feraz(m): 11:40pm On May 09, 2016
jameseva:
What is the problem of this useless sets of posters above!! Most likely same set of lifeless, hating and jobless id*ots from the suspect Nnamdi Kanu supporting region!! You people should be aware that NO ONE in the history of the world has attracted goodness to himself/herself by constantly preaching and spreading hate!! Its Not Magic, curse or prayer.. it is the way the forces of the world works!

KONTINU
The bolded, of course! But note that the three major ethnic groups are guilty of such. undecided
Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Flashh: 11:47pm On May 09, 2016
kodded:
undecided undecided

Buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided
You need Jesus.

1 Like

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 09, 2016
jameseva:

KONTINU
leave them alone cos they'll die of hate very soon. They are always looking for one form of evil or another to cling on to as long as it ridicules Buhari.

from GEJ to nnamdi kanu to saraki to fayose to all the criminals in our political atmosphere. Now, they are the biggest supporters of the Niger delta avengers cos they think their actions will lead to a disintegrated Nigeria.

The funniest part is that they always get shamed. Immediately they do, on a particular situation, they quickly move to support another evil. They are never happy and happiness can never know their doorstep. To think they have about 7 more years to wail is what amazes me.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari by kettykin: 12:18am On May 10, 2016
Buhari is a very poor student of history, I forgive him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Ben Bruce Reacts After AMCON Takes Over His Properties / PHOTO-Buhari Looking Star-struck Meeting Trump / "Buhari Debated With Himself And Still Lost" - Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.