Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

How do i go about my weightloss journey? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How do i go about my weightloss journey? (1749 Views)

A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 6:45am On May 10, 2016
Thank you for taking out time to read this:

I have been feeling really depressed dis days. I'm quiet young in age but big in size. My mum woke me up some days back to talk to me about my size nd how it disturbs her. What she doesnt know is that it's like my biggest concern. I am not a large eater, many times i skip meals to avoid adding up. It really bothers me nd i try to do d little i can in terms of exercising. I wouldn't lie, i am lazy in that aspect and i accept i need help. It's a cause of worry to me nd it affects my social life. I don't keep friends thats why i sought dis platform to share my worries. I weigh over ,90kg nd i'm 5"8 tall.

I know some people will have d worst words for me nd i do not seek a pity party, i just need people to spur me in my weightloss journey cus i really need it. If there are people like me out there that also need to be encouraged to do d right thing. Thank you all so much
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by delishpot: 7:19am On May 10, 2016
Stop skipping meals per se. Don't rush to eat breakfast. Eat light foods for lunch and dinner. No much junk. Eat to live don't live to eat. Eat when you are hungry not when you feel like eating.

3 Likes

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Durang(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2016
I believe you can loose the excess weight. Firstly you have to believe in yourself. Watch a lot of videos of people that were really big and through exercise and determination they lost the fat. There are a lot of such success stories on YouTube. That was my first step. I have been there. Also join a gym. And try and eat healthy. You will get there.
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by ifyalways(f): 7:28am On May 10, 2016
Are you in Lagos? If yes, I can introduce you to a group; no pity party but people with weight issues who come together to shed weight, talk, have fun and encourage each other.

3 Likes

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 7:31am On May 10, 2016
ifyalways:
Are you in Lagos? If yes, I can introduce you to a group; no pity party but people with weight issues who come together to shed weight, talk, have fun and encourage each other.

Yes i am in Lagos but i will be leaving for orientation camp by His grace next week. Please is there watsapp group i can be a part of? A group wer they share daily routines?
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 7:33am On May 10, 2016
delishpot:
Stop skipping meals per se. Don't rush to eat breakfast. Eat light foods for lunch and dinner. No much junk. Eat to live don't live to eat. Eat when you are hungry not when you feel like eating.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 7:34am On May 10, 2016
Durang:
I believe you can loose the excess weight. Firstly you have to believe in yourself. Watch a lot of videos of people that were really big and through exercise and determination they lost the fat. There are a lot of such success stories on YouTube. That was my first step. I have been there. Also join a gym. And try and eat healthy. You will get there.

Thanks a lot. I'l get d videos
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by queenoflafia(f): 7:39am On May 10, 2016
For your weight there is little you can do about it.
The most important thing is how you feel about yourself.
Don't allow your mom or anybody to make you feel like a basket of tomato

1 Like

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by ifyalways(f): 7:44am On May 10, 2016
prettybig:

Yes i am in Lagos but i will be leaving for orientation camp by His grace next week. Please is there watsapp group i can be a part of? A group wer they share daily routines?
No, I don't know of any whatsapp group.
I know a group that will demand your physical presence daily for work outs.
Time spent on whatsapping routine would be better spent doing something as easy as light jogging within your street, rope skipping etc.

2 Likes

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 8:09am On May 10, 2016
ifyalways:

No, I don't know of any whatsapp group.
I know a group that will demand your physical presence daily for work outs.
Time spent on whatsapping routine would be better spent doing something as easy as light jogging within your street, rope skipping etc.

That's quiet true. I'l be happy to in d midst of people that understand
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 8:11am On May 10, 2016
queenoflafia:

Thanks a lot for d confidence talk. I believe it's important but i want to do it for me. I think iv consoled myself long enough by telling myself i'm ok d way i am. But for my health, it's important i dothisi

3 Likes

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 8:12am On May 10, 2016
queenoflafia:

Thanks a lot for d confidence talk. I believe it's important but i want to do it for me. I think iv consoled myself long enough by telling myself i'm ok d way i am. But for my health, it's important i do this
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Onegai(f): 8:16am On May 10, 2016
@ifyalwys please where are they located in Lagos? I haven't been able to join a Truppr run because the ones I've seen are usually on the mainland. Thanks
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by queenoflafia(f): 8:23am On May 10, 2016
prettybig:

Thanks a lot for d confidence talk. I believe it's important but i want to do it for me. I think iv consoled myself long enough by telling myself i'm ok d way i am. But for my health, it's important i do this
Yea.work out,loose weight and feel good.
No matter the result just don't feel bad about yourself
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 10, 2016
I think you should work on your confidence first, that will drive you to be driven about the exercise.
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by blank(f): 2:02pm On May 10, 2016
prettybig:

Hello OP,

Join this BBM channel: BTrim n Healthy C0018875C. You will get health tips, exercise routines and the right time/type of food to take. They also update regularly.
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by AyeeIdris(f): 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
First of all, you are gaining cos you are skipping. You have destroyed your metabolism but luckily, our bodies are very forgiving.
Number one step to weight loss-meal prep.
You should make your bf , l and d and snacks down to avoid bingeing. You must eat something every 3 hours. To lose weight, you should eat 5 to 6 small meals all through the day. The goal is not to starve. If you will feel full all day long. You will not binge. You must drink a full glass of water before every meal , not after..... The meals u like, find healthy subtitles. White rice for brown or cauliflower, brown bread , plenty veggies, fruits.

Two- Exercise
Now you dont need to spend 5 hours at the gym. If you dont like to work out, just walk. Get up in the morning, get your headphones, your favourite jams and brisk walk for 30 mins. Its that simple. The fitter you get, the more you will want to go. Before you know it, you would love running. Remember running is just cardio. You have to incorporate strength training 3 times a week. You dont want to have flappy skin

Three- Google
There are so many ways out there. So many healthy meals that are yummy. Embrace google and research. If you want to go vegan or vegetarian, atkins or cambridge. Do your homework. Google calorie contents of your meals.

Four- have fun
First thing you should realize that this is a life style change so you have embrace it and love it. Seeing it as a chore or a timed task is the quickest way to gain it all back. Follow health gurus and meal recipes on instagram, experiment, work out with friends and most importantly, laugh. Whether you succeed or fall off the wagon. Remember its a life style change. Laugh and get on the darn wagon

Five- Fad fails
No tying of teeth or weight loss drugs. Those things mess up your metabolism like kilode.

FYI i am no dietitican. Just a girl who has conquered weight without doing anything extreme. Good luck
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 10, 2016
A good idea is to eat an apple and banana for breakfast. Increase your proteins and reduce your carbohydrates. Drink more water . Beans or moin moin are great for lunch because they have a great amount of protein and some carbs for energy to keep you going. Try to have protein and veggies or salad for dinner. Just eats as much veggies as you possibly can.

Weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. I would advise doing stuff like walking more and just dancing at home to start with.
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 10, 2016
A good idea is to eat an apple and banana for breakfast. Increase your proteins and reduce your carbohydrates. Drink more water . Beans or moin moin are great for lunch because they have a great amount of protein and some carbs for energy to keep you going. Try to have protein and veggies or salad for dinner. Just eats as much veggies as you possibly can.

Weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. I would advise doing stuff like walking more and just dancing at home to start with.

Me too I'm trying to follow this diet cos I've gained 15kg within this past year. I am so ooo angry with myself cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 9:19pm On May 10, 2016
blank:

Hello OP,

Join this BBM channel: BTrim n Healthy C0018875C. You will get health tips, exercise routines and the right time/type of food to take. They also update regularly.

Thank you so so very much. I'l do that now
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 9:23pm On May 10, 2016
AyeeIdris:
First of all, you are gaining cos you are skipping. You have destroyed your metabolism but luckily, our bodies are very forgiving.
Number one step to weight loss-meal prep.
You should make your bf , l and d and snacks down to avoid bingeing. You must eat something every 3 hours. To lose weight, you should eat 5 to 6 small meals all through the day. The goal is not to starve. If you will feel full all day long. You will not binge. You must drink a full glass of water before every meal , not after..... The meals u like, find healthy subtitles. White rice for brown or cauliflower, brown bread , plenty veggies, fruits.

Two- Exercise
Now you dont need to spend 5 hours at the gym. If you dont like to work out, just walk. Get up in the morning, get your headphones, your favourite jams and brisk walk for 30 mins. Its that simple. The fitter you get, the more you will want to go. Before you know it, you would love running. Remember running is just cardio. You have to incorporate strength training 3 times a week. You dont want to have flappy skin

Three- Google
There are so many ways out there. So many healthy meals that are yummy. Embrace google and research. If you want to go vegan or vegetarian, atkins or cambridge. Do your homework. Google calorie contents of your meals.

Four- have fun
First thing you should realize that this is a life style change so you have embrace it and love it. Seeing it as a chore or a timed task is the quickest way to gain it all back. Follow health gurus and meal recipes on instagram, experiment, work out with friends and most importantly, laugh. Whether you succeed or fall off the wagon. Remember its a life style change. Laugh and get on the darn wagon

Five- Fad fails
No tying of teeth or weight loss drugs. Those things mess up your metabolism like kilode.

FYI i am no dietitican. Just a girl who has conquered weight without doing anything extreme. Good luck

Thanks a million, this is very helpful.
Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 9:26pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks for all d comments, they re helpful and encouraging nd hopefully i wouldn't let myself down. My weightloss journey begins

1 Like

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by Nobody: 6:26am On May 11, 2016
prettybig:
Thanks for all d comments, they re helpful and encouraging nd hopefully i wouldn't let myself down. My weightloss journey begins

wish you all the best in this journey. you may want to take progress pictures though, you know, before and after pics to encourage yourself and others.

1 Like

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by prettybig: 7:35am On May 11, 2016
Ioannes:

wish you all the best in this journey. you may want to take progress pictures though, you know, before and after pics to encourage yourself and others.

Will do, thanks

2 Likes

Re: How do i go about my weightloss journey? by GingerGarlicTea: 2:55pm On May 05, 2020

Thanks for the kind words, it's encouraging.

Fat people and Belly fat people are at increased risk of developing serious and sometimes life-threatening illnesses as they age, including:
Heart Disease
Heart Attack
Heart Failure
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
High Blood Pressure
Angina
Abnormal heartbeat
Cholesterol problems (leading to heart disease)
Elevated LDL ("bad"wink cholesterol and triglycerides levels
Lowered beneficial HDL ("good"wink cholesterol levels,
Stroke
Type 2 Diabetes (the kind you develop rather than are born with)
Cancers (prostate, gallbladder, colorectal, breast, endometrial and kidney)
Liver problems
Etc

You can get fat burning vegetables and fruits to avoid these. We have GINGER & GARLIC TEA in a packet for you to burn down those body fats from today.
Chat me up on WhatsApp for pay on Home deliveries.+234903....5464....082.
Let's go.

(1) (Reply)

Past Its Use:Was for Reconnecting with a Lost Friend! / The Family Is The Root Cause Of The Decadence Among Youths. True Or False? / I Don't Want To Give Myself Out For Money But Am Losing Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.