Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? (585 Views)

2016 Bleak As Budget Failure Looms / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Amitex(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2016
With lack of direction of this government, I make bold to predict the following will happen in the next six months to one year

Please, do not call me a prophet of doom. I am not a prophet, but my predictions are simply based on facts. They are hinged on expected results of the government inactions. For example, for one year, there was no economic direction and the government still do not know where it is headed. As of today, all we have is a year budget. PERIOD!!! No rolling plan, no developmental plan, just 2016 budget, so next year, we tinker again and tweak the numbers just like "daily paid labourer does with his wife", collect and chop. It is not sustainable.

PREDICTIONS
1. Price of petrol will hit N180 per litre. This is about the equivalent price internationally. Truth is that Nigeria is BROKE and can no longer afford fuel subsidy.
2. Government will devalue Naira to N280 - N300 per USD. Painful as it is, Buhari must make Nigerians swallow this pill. Forget all the shenanigans, they know the truth.
3. There will be scarcity of essential items including food, toiletries etc. Infact some people may not be able to afford toothpaste, milk, toilet paper, etc. So store up used newspapers or learn to use water now.
4. Fuel scarcity will persist as the moribund refineries will continue to gulp money (scarce forex) without commensurate returns. Importation will persist and it will be priced at $$ rate.
5. Inflation will spiral to over 15% making savings useless. Devaluation and inflation are Siamese twins.
6. Electricity supply will at best remain what it is today for a looong while. Do not mind the storytellers promising 3000 to 5000 additional MW. No additional power plant will be ready before 2018-2020 at best, even if it is started today. Unfortunately, we are still media generating the additional MW.

Above were some of the results of the Buhari economic sojourn in 1984. Unfortunately, he is towing the same path in 2016. So, instinctively you would expect the same or similar results as it was in 1985 and after.

MY ADVICE
My advice is, be prepared for the bumpy ride ahead. It will get rougher. It has just started with delays in salaries payment. If you have a domiciliary account with a stable bank, begin to fund it. Hold USD savings now. If you have cash held up in savings or stocks, use it to buy landed property. Also, go and have a small farm to grow what you can feed your family with. Use your back yard if you have one, the rains will continue to fall, same as the sun. This cycle will last at least 7 years.

He who has ears, let him/her hear!!!
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by cornoil(m): 7:33am On May 10, 2016
NotjustOok cool
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Amitex(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2016
Prediction #1 fulfilled. Fuel to sell at N145 at NNPC station. With deregulation, please await further increase as oil prices increase!!!

Shame on all those who opposed the deregulation in 2012.

The Fasholas, Tinubus, Pastor Bakare and others should hide their faces in SHAME!!!
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Amitex(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2016
Prediction #2 is loading. Expect Naira
devaluation in a short while. The Devaluation will technically impoverish about 90% of Nigerians. This is the CHANGE Osinbajo told the folllowers.
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Amitex(m): 8:16pm On May 13, 2016
Prediction#2 fulfilled, Naira devalued to over N290.

Now prediction #3 will become effective in a couple of weeks from today. If you are following, please go and stock essential commodities.
This government lack basic economic ideas. Technically, the budget of N6.8T ($34B) has suddenly become just $23.5B, this losing a whooping $10.5B value
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 13, 2016
I'm tracking ur predictions
Re: Nigeria: Economic Outlook ... BLEAK?? by Amitex(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Floating exchange rate is over due. This will body the economic activities. Question remain why wait for the economy to become battered before waking up?

(1) (Reply)

Attacks: Osinbajo Meets Security Chiefs, Iocs, Production Falls / Watch Christiane Amanpour's Full Interview With PMB Tonight, 7pm In Nigeria CNN. / Promise And Fail: Youths Burn Senator's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.