Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen (11431 Views)

FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by BALLOSKI: 1:00am On May 11, 2016
The Federal Government is set to commence bidding process for prospective investors to explore the vast bitumen deposit in the country, Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said.
Fayemi, who disclosed this during a working visit to bitumen bearing communities in Agbabu area, Ondo State, at the weekend, said the bidding round for licences would be for serious investors with proven work and financial plans.

In a statement by the Special Assistant on Media to the Minister, Olayinka Oyebode, Fayemi was quoted as saying that the process would be completed before the end of the year, reassuring the communities of government’s readiness to protect their interest through right policy and regulations.

The minister examined samples of bitumen in Agbabu, Ilubirin and Lado, and interacted with leaders of the communities, where he assured them of government’s sincerity to protect their interests.
“We want your mineral to work for you, and we are fully ready to assist your communities to ensure that you get the best from the process,” Fayemi said.

The minister said government would partner with the states, investors and the communities to ensure that the enabling environment is created.
He assured them that within the next six months massive work would commence on the bitumen project.
Explaining some of the policies that would be put in place, Fayemi said that emphasis would be placed on exploration and exploitation of the mineral.
He decried the fact that about 80 per cent of asphaltic materials used for road construction in the country was imported in spite of Nigeria’s vast bitumen deposit, adding, “Priority will be given to investors that would build processing plants. The processing plants will boost local production, which will in turn will help us meet local demands and create jobs for youths.”
The Minister stated that the major focus of the ministry is to ensure that the contribution of the solid minerals to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) records a significant improvement from 0.3 percent to, at least, 10 percent in the near future.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/118548/commence-bidding-round-bitumen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by redsconsult(m): 4:27am On May 11, 2016
Fayemi are you so sure that We import asphaltic or do illegal minening ....

Just give is an alternative to oyel income ..

Diversification in progress. ..

6 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Fugazi: 4:31am On May 11, 2016
More investors in Ondo. Some yEASTful fungus won't like this news.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Pavore9: 4:46am On May 11, 2016
That is diversifying,

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Nobody: 6:06am On May 11, 2016
good
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by realestworld(m): 6:08am On May 11, 2016
One good news today. I jst hope we don't get to see ten bad news. Happy marley rememberance

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by richidinho(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2016
Gov. Mimiko is doing a nice job in Ondo, FG shld go to Osun and assist them there

4 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Mutuwa(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2016
wink

a President with 'PhD' signed the budget without 'details', a President they alleged do not have a School Cert insisted he sees the 'budget details' before signing and went further to discover a whopping fraud! the results we shall all benefit from soon wink

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by respectkings: 8:12am On May 11, 2016
Non of my bizness either..
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by froshhomie(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2016
no p
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by BALLOSKI: 8:13am On May 11, 2016
richidinho:
Gov. Mimiko is doing a nice job in Ondo, FG shld go to Osun and assist them there
that's what they're doing here.
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Toeyoursea(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2016
35 years since Bob Marley left us. RIP!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by egwekwe: 8:17am On May 11, 2016
Baba Go slow and steady.

The 5% are solidly behind you.

Even though I voted Gej,I could only wish the best for you because a successful you is a more rich me.

Why should I support Gej now when his loot didn't reach meme

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Godstraight(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2016
okay oh
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by hakeem4(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2016
What's fayose doing in ekiti
?

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Smartsyn(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2016
All talk and no work makes this government a ......

Help me fill in the gap.
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by eBillionaire: 8:20am On May 11, 2016
Why would Federal Government control Bitumen and other resources that States are supposed to exploit to help resources of the State Governance ?

What is really the function of the so-called Governors' Forum, if they can not sit up and instruct Federal Government to hands-off basic mineral resources so States can grow.

I laugh at this country everyday. States are eternal beggars, they even go to Abuja to ask for permission to build their sea ports and airports and even interstate roads.

Such a shame.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Dollyak(f): 8:21am On May 11, 2016
I am sure majority of the proceeds from this bitumen will end up in the north. SW leaders needs to unite to address this.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by adroitvezy(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2016
richidinho:
guy which good job? I am sure you're not staying in ondo state. Non payment of workers salary for 5months is good job indeed.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:23am On May 11, 2016
Nigeria is blessed with solid minerals. Time to stop depending on crude oil.
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by joseph1013: 8:25am On May 11, 2016
We never really learn in this country. Our obsession with Natural resources is our down-fall. Great countries are investing in human resources, we are stuck with digging the ground for more minerals.

If we pay half the attention we pay to Oil to growing our human potential, we would be a mile off.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by forgiveness: 8:26am On May 11, 2016
The ministry of Fayemi has not been really proactive of late. Hope he lives up to his fans expectation.
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by slapandfall(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2016
d
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Icon4s(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2016
But I thought bidding round has been done on this Bitumen mineral in the past during the Obasanjo's era.

What happened to that process?
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by 989900: 8:46am On May 11, 2016
He decried the fact that about 80 per cent of asphaltic materials used for road construction in the country was imported in spite of Nigeria’s vast bitumen deposit, adding, “Priority will be given to investors that would build processing plants. The processing plants will boost local production, which will in turn will help us meet local demands and create jobs for youths.”

42 billion barrels estimated reserves in bitumen spanning Lagos, Edo, Ondo, and Ogun state (of which over 31 billion barrels is sitting underneath Ondo state), yet we import?

The Kaduna refinery was designed to process this kind of 'heavy oil', yet we were importing from Venezuela at some time in the past.

China craves for 'heavy oil', yet we are sleeping.

I think investors who are ready to set up processing plants alone should be considered -- we ought to have learnt our lessons.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by gsparks01(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2016
to commence, to begin, to start, to build, to flag off, to introduce... add ur own o
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Nbote(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2016
I wonder wen state govt's would start exploring d abundant potentials dat are abound in their various states. With d volume of bitumen in Ondo state, Nigeria shouldn't b crying of bad roads all d tym.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by nathandrake(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
Dollyak:
I am sure majority of the proceeds from this bitumen will end up in the north. SW leaders needs to unite to address this.

and where does the majority of the farm products produce in the north end up?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by Taku555(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2016
egwekwe:
Baba Go slow and steady.

The 5% are solidly behind you.

Even though I voted Gej,I could only wish the best for you because a successful you is a more rich me.

Why should I support Gej now when his loot didn't reach meme
you mean if given some of the looting of GEJ, u would have been his die hard fan? Don't tell me u are one of the political bigots.
Re: FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen by omenka(m): 9:25am On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:
We never really learn in this country. Our obsession with Natural resources is our down-fall. Great countries are investing in human resources, we are stuck with digging the ground for more minerals.

If we pay half the attention we pay to Oil to growing our human potential, we would be a mile off.
When you have developed the human resources/potential through, say, education, isn't it the same natural resources they'd exploit for the advancement of their society??

Human resources without natural resources is like a vehicle without gas. So, as much as we pay attention to developing our human capital, we must also do the same to natural resources- they go hand-in-hand.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

MURIC Blasts Kaduna Government For Labelling Shiite IMN “insurgent Group” / NNPC Speaks On Mass Retrenchment Plans / Tinubu's Daughter: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.