Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

How Do I Convert Xls File To Txt File? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Convert Xls File To Txt File? (1284 Views)

How To Add A Custom Robots.txt File In Blogger Blog / How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / How To Convert .pub Format File To .jpg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Convert Xls File To Txt File? by FOD(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2009
Hi everyone,

How do I convert an excel file to a text file, with delimiters, preferably semicolon(wink?

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Convert Xls File To Txt File? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
The option available in excel is to save as Menu XML Data (*.xml), now that is a text file isnt it? You can open it with a browser.
You can read it with php into database or use it to display formated output. You can read it into arrays in php, javascript
or almost any programming language.
The coma separated stuff you were talking about is probably the CSV (Coma Separated)(*.csv) - that too can be programmed
like the xml. Both of them are text! Have a nice day.
Re: How Do I Convert Xls File To Txt File? by yawatide(f): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2009
To answer his question simply and directly, I think he has CSV in mind.

poster:
When you do "save as", under the "file type" dropdown, select "CSV (Comma delimited)" and go from there.

good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Nairaparking.com - Please Review / Need Help On Windows 7 And Iis / I Need Help On Joomla Ck Form, Can Anyone Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.