Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,314 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri (20621 Views)

"Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah / List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by cktheluckyman: 11:29am On May 11, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Giving out of grazing lands will make it easier for the revelation of the true identity of the Fulanis nd restrict their interactions with their communities of none cattle rearers.

Since the South does not have free lands to give out in grazing why can't the herdsmen not think of embracing ranching? Why can't they buy lands and ranch their cattle.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by folks4luv(f): 11:30am On May 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
One can expect the secessionist rodents to spew their ignorance on this thread. The FG is only restating what others have been saying for months now.

Ijaw Youth Council
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/27/boko-haram-terrorists-disguising-as-herdsmen-to-kill-iyc/

The Nigerian Army
http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/troops-kill-73-insurgents-disguised-as-herdsmen-in-borno.html

Anyone expecting that hardworking Beef, Milk, Leather and Mutton producing Fulani Herdsmen would drop their livelihood to be carrying AK47 and constantly running from security agents definitely needs some screws in their skull tightened.
like seriously? its good to defend d FG, but do so with deeper points. I know some fulanis are peace loving, but it is true that many are rogue too. there have been incidences of Fulani massacring people down here since I was young. people abandoned farming n hunting in my mum's village cause of incessant attacks, you dare not protest if their cows graze on ur farm lest they unleash terror on u. they v been doing it for long, they only became bold this year.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Elchappo: 11:32am On May 11, 2016
The devil is an apprentice to FG in matters of LIE....
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by nnamdijoy(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2016
Well, it is only a mad man that can say that boko haram is a civil right activst group
+ only a mad man that will say that kano , jigawa, borno and yobe, etc is not a northern state

+only a mad man will say that an average fulani is not a herdsman and that its not their. Culture.

+ only a mad man will say there is no GOD
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 11:33am On May 11, 2016
THE STUPID MINISTER WHO SAID IT IS NOT FULANIS WHO KILL PEOPLE SHOULD READ THIS STATEMENT BY THE FULANI LEADERS HIMSELF. NONSENSE. THAT IS WHY I HAVE BRANDED THIS GOVERNMENT A GOVERNMENT OF THE FULANIS, BY A FULANI, AND FOR THE FULANIS. AND SUPPORTED BY FEARFUL AND SELFISH POLITICIANS LIKE THE SO-CALLED AGRIC MINISTER AND THE NORTH-CENTRAL GOVERNORS WHO SIDED WITH THE FULANIS AND SAID IT WASNT FULANIS KILLING PEOPLE.

READ BELOW, SAID BY THE FULANI CATTLE REARERS THEMSELVES

The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigerian has said Fulani herdsmen, who have allegedly been involved in serial killings in various communities in the country, kill their hosts in self-defence.

The leader of a delegation of MACBAN to the Defence Headquarters, Senator Dagiri Alkali, said the Fulani moved into new territories in the country because they had been forced out of their territories in the North.

He claimed that the Boko Haram insurgents attacked the Fulani in the North-East and other parts of the country and stole millions of cows from the breeders.

He added that the Fulani were also victims of the activities of cattle rustlers in Katsina, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kaduna, Nasarawa, Plateau, Benue and parts of Kogi states with millions of cows taken away from them.

He wondered why people had not taken a look at the factors that had driven the Fulani to different parts of the country, asking where Nigerians expected the herdsmen to keep the over 20 million cows in the country.

He added, “When the reserves and forest were gazetted and reserved for cattle breeders, this incident was not there; but the increase in population has now wiped out the entire grazing reserves in this country; 400 and something of them all wiped out. And you have a population of about 20 million cows. Where do you keep them? And every one of us likes to eat meat.

“This is a venture that over 20 million people are engaged in. And nobody cares to know what the causes of this problem are. Presently, you know the case of Boko Haram. They attacked and decapitated the population of Fulani in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe and some parts of Taraba.

“The cattle rustlers have displaced the Fulani in Katsina, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kaduna, Nasarawa, Plateau and Benue and in some parts of Kogi. Millions of cattle have been taken from these herdsmen. So when somebody says a Fulani man killed somebody, I wonder why? How? It’s only a poor man that fights.

“But you, as the military people, you know self-defence is an art. In the military, if you are attacked you have to defend yourself. You have been squeezed; you have to find a way to survive.”

He said when the Fulani were killed in the bush, nobody carried it in the media, admitting that it was not enough for anybody to kill innocent persons.

The Defence authorities have warned that the military would go after those behind the killing of innocent citizens and ensure that they were prosecuted in accordance with the directive of the President to deal with the situation.

The Director, Administration, at the Defence Headquarters, Maj. Gen. Fatai Ali, who represented the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, said the CDS had set up a committee to interact with the stakeholders on the issue.

He warned those involved in violence to stop forthwith as the Federal Government would subject them to the full weight of the law.

According to him, the committee, led by Maj. Gen. Edward Nze, had just arrived in Abuja from Benue for such meetings with stakeholders.

He stated that the military was working hard to ensure that those who perpetrated the gruesome killings were apprehended.

“The recent herdsmen and local community clashes in many parts of Nigeria are sources of serious concern. Many lives have been lost. The President has directed security agencies and indeed the military to handle the situation and ensure that no more lives are lost.

“I want to assure you that the military, in conjunction with other security agencies, is doing everything possible to maintain peace and security in Nigeria in line with the directive of the Commander-in-Chief.

“I want to also assure you that whoever is involved in this killing will be brought to book and tried in line with the law of the land.

“We are calling on all other parties, who are interested in peace, to sheathe their swords and ensure that they do not cause unnecessary casualties or deaths; otherwise, the Federal Government of Nigeria will bring the full weight of the force and law on them.”
http://www.punchng.com/herdsmen-kill-self-defence-says-miyetti-Allah/
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 11:35am On May 11, 2016
#BOYCOTT ALL BEEF PRODUCTS.
FROM TODAY HENCEFORTH, I SHALL NO LONGER EAT BEEF, OR SUYA, OR KPOMO, UNTIL ALL FULANI GOES BACK TO THEIR LAND

YES, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY CAN NEVER LIVE IN PEACE WITH ANYONE UNLESS FORCED TO.

FELLOW NAIRALNDERS, JOIN ME IN THE BOYCOTT. THAT IS OUR PEACFUL MEANS OF PROTEST. SINCE BUHARI AND HIS FULANI DOMINATED MILITARY AND POLICE HAVE REFUSED TO PROTECT US, AND WE CANNOT BUY GUNS TO PROTECT OURSELVES, LET US PROTEST PEACEFULLY, BY BOYCOTTING ALL HERDSMEN PRODUCT.

From today henceforth, i will only eat fish, or chicken, or turkey. When i cant afford them, i will go vegetarian.

IF WE NIGERIANS REFUSE TO EAT THEIR BEEF, THEY WILL BE STARVED OF FUNDS.

#BOYCOTT ALL BEEF AND COW PRODUCTS
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 11:37am On May 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:

To think that poo came from a southerner in the person of Heinekan Lokpobiri is what makes it more annoying!!! so because he got one stupid junior ministerial appointment from a Fulani man means he should sit back and allow the fulanis massacre his people
He has said what he knows although not what u want to hear even though he is a Niger Deltan. Truth is very bitter to the ears of bigots.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
One can expect the secessionist rodents to spew their ignorance on this thread. The FG is only restating what others have been saying for months now.

Ijaw Youth Council
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/27/boko-haram-terrorists-disguising-as-herdsmen-to-kill-iyc/

The Nigerian Army
http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/troops-kill-73-insurgents-disguised-as-herdsmen-in-borno.html

Anyone expecting that hardworking Beef, Milk, Leather and Mutton producing Fulani Herdsmen would drop their livelihood to be carrying AK47 and constantly running from security agents definitely needs some screws in their skull tightened.

FULANI HERDSMEN has been killing farmers long before BOKOHARAM came into existence.

In actual fact, THE ONE WHO NEEDS SOME SCREWS ON HIS HEAD IS NONE OTHER BUT YOU.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Doubleagent008(m): 11:41am On May 11, 2016
Haaa! FG why na? See why Nigeria is still struggling?
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 11:42am On May 11, 2016
hungryboy:
Even before Boko haram came into existence, the were herdsmen on farmer attacks,

So tell us Mr President, at that time, na abokki na ram been dey attack the farmers?

Okay, there were attacks by herdsmen b4 BH? I thought you people said the attack only started because a fulani man is the president. Are u people confused?
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Mufasa27(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2016
Buhari trying to shield is brothers from condemnation sad
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 11:46am On May 11, 2016
Even when we had a raw video of one of the murderers yelling "you think you can kill Fulanis and go free" while sliting his victim's throat. These people think everyone is as dumb as they are.

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Amhappy(f): 11:48am On May 11, 2016
When the FG decides to take sides. A fatal error of this administration.

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Joel3(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2016
if they are not Fulani how come a farmer was sentence to death in Benue for killing a terrorist in is farm? does the herdsmen carry AK 47 yes Or no? and why does it takes so long to Deny.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by titiakins: 11:50am On May 11, 2016
The miyeti group that had a meeting with agatu people and admitted to committing the crime saying it's cos their cattle were killed by the agatu people nko?

This government no get shame one kobo!!!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 11:51am On May 11, 2016
Shoro niyen
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by skywalker001(m): 11:51am On May 11, 2016
kodded:

as usual the fulani herdsmen are not terrorist bur the Niger delta avengers that have not killed any soul are now terrorist
undecided undecided

it is so funny how buhari is playing with this herdsmen attack because they are his kinsmen but niger delta avengers that are blowing up oil pipeline in their own community are being targeted with all their weapons in their arsenal

shame

once again buhari has shown that there are some group of people that are untouchable in this country

maybe the Niger delta avengers should change their name to THE FULANI AVENGERS and other groups like shites Muslims and the IPOB should follow suits
undecided undecided

your level of reasoning shows that you are notin but a layman. So u'r in support of d NDA dat is destroying pipelines wch is destroying our economy and bringing hardship on U nd I. Even b4 dis post I already knew dat all diz herdsmen killing around is another strategy by boko haram to carry out their operations and I knw a reasonable person wil reason wit me. Herdsmen have being existing for years and they do their things peacefully and I don't tink there's somtin they wil gain by killing people around. Grow up Mr man and stop hating on your fellow country man... Tribalism won't take us anywie. Thank you
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 11:52am On May 11, 2016
otukpo:
Then fish them out.

I thought the FG said boko haram has been technically defeated.
What is this one saying? If u are chasing a goat in order to get hold of it and fortunately, it ran into a single entry/exit enclosure, have u caught the goat? The answer is no, but technically you have caught it. This is what is meant by 'technical defeat'.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Joel3(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
The miyeti group that had a meeting with agatu people and admitted to committing the crime saying it's cos their cattle were killed by the agatu people nko?

This government no get shame one kobo!!!

what this means is that the FG give everybody orders to kill any herdsmen on sight in any farm land.

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by nwakibie3(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2016
G
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by phillip001(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2016
If na so make fg the villagers to fight back.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by brajy(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2016
kodded:

as usual the fulani herdsmen are not terrorist bur the Niger delta avengers that have not killed any soul are now terrorist
undecided undecided

it is so funny how buhari is playing with this herdsmen attack because they are his kinsmen but niger delta avengers that are blowing up oil pipeline in their own community are being targeted with all their weapons in their arsenal

shame

once again buhari has shown that there are some group of people that are untouchable in this country

maybe the Niger delta avengers should change their name to THE FULANI AVENGERS and other groups like shites Muslims and the IPOB should follow suits
undecided undecided

tho,i haven't confirmed it from anybody but i was told that NDA killed three soldiers yesterday unawares. btw what of the atrocities they are being committing so Far.. ! they already digged their own grave,ready for mass burial.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by brajy(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2016
kodded:

undecided undecided

shame

undecided undecided

tho,i haven't confirmed it from anybody but i was told that NDA killed three soldiers yesterday unawares. btw what of the atrocities they are being committing so Far.. ! they already digged their own grave,waiting for mass burial.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 11:57am On May 11, 2016
since they are not Nigerians, then the government and the north should have no problem in communities resulting to self defence ,even if it means laying siege for them,communities should hence forth deal gruesomely with is so called foreign herdsmen, blood for blood,no mercy, I hope the government wouldn't also have an issue with dealing with that too?
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by titiakins: 12:00pm On May 11, 2016
Joel3:

what this means is that the FG give everybody orders to kill any herdsmen on sight in any farm land.
That's the solution
But for them to get free land from my home town for their cows
Is not going to happen
Can you imagine even asking for ministry sef
This government is the worst we've had in the history of Nigeria!!!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Joel3(m): 12:00pm On May 11, 2016
dare2differ:
Can't use your brain? If they want it, let them ask for it! Haven't they got representatives?

They will establish grazing reserves and nothing will happen. One thing you fail to forget that once these Bakkasi men go on rampage, they will kill themselves, they will rape their women, turn their kids to orphans, destroy the few social amenities they have and the FG would also order the soldiers to wipe them out. Their loss would be greater than the Fulanis tongue grin

Continue to threaten violence, at the end of the day you will be the one to suffer am.

By the way, please educate yourself. There is no good in sounding like an id.iot. The FG can PURCHASE local lands for grazing. It is no different from subsidies or aids the government give farmers. These Fulanis are the reason you have meat and ponmo to eat in the East, West and South. It does not make any sense to start act like a mor.on because of some baseless perception.

BUNCH OF PARANOID PEOPLE!

it's not any reason. there are so many meat to eat. outside of cattle's.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 12:02pm On May 11, 2016
2dugged:
since they are not Nigerians, then the government and the north should have no problem in communities resulting to self defence ,even if it means laying siege for them,communities should hence forth deal gruesomely with is so called foreign herdsmen, blood for blood,no mercy, I hope the government wouldn't also have an issue with dealing with that too?
Nobody stops u from defending urself when the need arises but the opportunity shouldn't be used to attack the law-abiding armless herdsmen.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by brajy(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2016
wowmenow:
I don't know what buhari will achieve by cursing civil war in Nigeria

Those omenka boys will come support his Fulani boss
Should Nigeria be divide it better for all of us to jump into sea. (Pmb)
obviously,this man is working for the betterment of our dear nation.
believe me,If u were in PMB shoe u wouldn't want Nigeria to be divided.
So stop tthinking that Pmb want civili war or working against biafran interest. all he has been doing is to protect his our country.
violent can't resolve any problem!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by titiakins: 12:03pm On May 11, 2016
cckris:

The same method by which Fulani jihadist Usman Dan Fodio OVERTHREW the Hausa King of Gobir in 1803, & Fulanis have been ruling all Hausa States till date.

The same method by which Fulanis killed Yoruba General Afonja & installed Fulani emirs in Ilorin, & are ruling over Yoruba peoples in their own native land.

The Fulanis are overreaching their limits this time, & it gonna backfire.
exactly
That's where I was going
They want to do to Nigeria what they did to Kwara state

Before you know it they have taken over

With time they will start kill people in their towns and taking over Nigeria slowly but surely
With federal backing of course!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by jmaine: 12:04pm On May 11, 2016
Reading ridiculous comments from the Pro- Criminal herdsmen crews here makes me sad. Imagine some fools saying, the grazing reserve bills will be forced down our throats and nothing will happen.

I laugh . . . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Issues Certificates Of Return to Kalu, Ubah, Melaye, 98 others / Traditional Worshippers Protest, Accuse Oyo Government Of Discrimination / Gov Abiodun Suspends Aide, Abidemi Rufai Over Alleged $350,000 Fraud In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.