Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology (20880 Views)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by omack: 12:33pm On May 11, 2016
Nice one but how about the existing one,isn't it important to upgrade it's depletion?
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by johnnexy77(m): 12:37pm On May 11, 2016
Bunch of nitwits. Always building Universities without maintaining them
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by 9jatatafo(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2016
In the near future we will have school killer herdsmen
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Arewa12: 12:46pm On May 11, 2016
if i hear
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by harsysky(m): 12:48pm On May 11, 2016
Another avenue to siphon money from students in a bid to give them quack education. Many naija peeps love that no doubt.

Naija is a country where most citizens think that the definition of education is to be in a school classroom taking trash!!!
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by bluecircle470: 12:48pm On May 11, 2016
Keep on establishing new university wen u can't fund the ones we have already.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Rexyl(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2016
greatiyk4u:
I am sure one will be located in DAURA..........just like we have one in OTUOKE

I pray one comes to my village.

That will be like any president will create an opportunity to site a university in his home town. Obj and Gej did same, now it is turn of PMP. Now PMB will also add 6 to those built by Jonathan. While building new universities is good development, govt should not relent in proper funding of the existing ones.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by OlujobaSamuel: 12:59pm On May 11, 2016
when I thought we are getting it in our educational sector. this is just too wrong, what's all these universities for? I can boldly say unilag is the only fully or almost utilized government institution in our nation, others are just so so underutilized, if they want to tow this part, I think I should revoke my comment on the closing of gej's universities, they should just convert those ones to whatever nonsense that they wish. we need billions of grants and capital for the existing ones abeg, not this opening of schools for political purposes. we have 1½ university in osun, about , ditto for colleges, yet, none is upto standard, ogun and oyo also have similar institutions, none can boast of adequate infrastructure, now fg wants to continue this lazy man thinking.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Lanre01(m): 1:00pm On May 11, 2016
Thank God 4 them
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by eBillionaire: 1:03pm On May 11, 2016
And when they graduate, where will they work ?
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by hartson(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2016
The existing ones are still under funded then creating more will solve the problem of advancing this country.Expand the existing ones,equip them with state of the art infrastructures and technologies,strenghten ASUU,Pay salaries as at when due and allocate the UNESCO recommended 26% funding to education then see if the world will not compete to study here.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by comos: 1:08pm On May 11, 2016
one Federal university after the other, all for political reasons.

What we need is infrastructural development !
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by MajorWarren: 1:09pm On May 11, 2016
yezzur, build more universities....exactly what the country needs
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Squares: 1:10pm On May 11, 2016
WASTE WASTE WASTE. THE PREVIOUS UNIVERSITIES BY GEJ LOOKS LIKE ADVANCE SECONDARY SCHOOL AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT NEW ONES. if u want pure science research university one or two is enough and 've it properly equiped. apologies to unioye students lolz.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by jessetom(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2016
nice one bubu. more centers for incubation of unemployable graduates
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by laffwitmi: 1:18pm On May 11, 2016
Must you wail and cry for everything??
dgr8truth:
When PGEJ established 6 new federal universities, APC propaganda machines and their e-rats went to town discrediting the government, calling the universities glorified secondary school. Now that it is their chief zombie Who wants to establish 6 more new universities, I wonder if they will be man enough to discredit their chief zombie and call the universities glorified primary school.

What nature has taught me thus far from this government is that I should be careful of what I say today for it might be used against me tomorrow.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by dgr8truth(m): 1:23pm On May 11, 2016
laffwitmi:
Must you wail and cry for everything??

Sorry e never reach to cry!
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by kay4dem(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2016
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Damikevin(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2016
Why not invest in making thE ones you have on ground up to standard? Nigeria, concErned about quantity no quality. The once on ground wat scientific or technological innovation or invention hav they been able to put out. Calculator we never fit make, the six will just be duplication or below standard FUTs.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by sundilazo(m): 1:38pm On May 11, 2016
Nairalanders....my bday na may 16
I need gifts
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by brosammy(m): 1:40pm On May 11, 2016
It is absolutely true that science and technology is so important, but do we actually need that now, what provision has fg put in place for graduates that such schools will produce.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by butanep(m): 1:43pm On May 11, 2016
honEmirate:
Good one from the FG.

The shift of global economic power from the US to China is predicated largely on China's investment in Science and Technology.

What are you even saying? Listen to yourself very well. So building of universities is an investment in science and technology? I wonder the type of school you went to? Probably one of those empty schools.

US still have the first three to four best universities in the world. If you need a world class standard university, then think of US. One reason they re the world power of today.

We don't need more universities, equipped the existing ones to standard and build more industries. Science and Technology in Nigeria for now is pure joke and scam. We need to wake up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by butanep(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2016
Squares:
WASTE WASTE WASTE. THE PREVIOUS UNIVERSITIES BY GEJ LOOKS LIKE ADVANCE SECONDARY SCHOOL AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT NEW ONES. if u want pure science research university one or two is enough and 've it properly equiped. apologies to unioye students lolz.

Do you mean university of Oye Ekiti?
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by wink2015(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2016
[size=15pt]We not need more Universities or Tertiary institution in Nigeria. We have more than enough and the once on ground are not well equipped.

Most of our graduate roam the street jobless after graduation. Effort should be on towards providing gainful employment to our youth who pass out of school

If Buhari allow his minister to brainwash him and sell a wrong idea to his head then he is finished politically.

A popular saying says " It is not how far but how well" Botswana in southern africa has fewer universities and colleges and their universities is ranked among the top class universities in world.

Our businessmen and women should stop investing in filling station, private school and hotels. This lazy man investment do not provide gainful employment to graduate job seekers.

What can N15,000 job do in the life of a graduate?

[/size]
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2016
do we really need this at this time? other science and tech intitutes in the country are presently being under funded and now the FG is planning to build more? i pray for common sense for those handling d affairs of the educational sector
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by mikolo80: 2:29pm On May 11, 2016
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by mikolo80: 2:30pm On May 11, 2016
wink2015:
[size=15pt]We not need more Universities or Tertiary institution in Nigeria. We have more than enough and the once on ground are not well equipped.

Most of our graduate roam the street jobless after graduation. Effort should be on towards providing gainful employment to our youth who pass out of school

If Buhari allow his minister to brainwash him and sell a wrong idea to his head then he is finished politically.

A popular saying says " It is not how far but how well" Botswana in southern africa has fewer universities and colleges and their universities is ranked among the top class universities in world.

Our businessmen and women should stop investing in filling station, private school and hotels. This lazy man investment do not provide gainful employment to graduate job seekers.

What can N15,000 job do in the life of a graduate?

[/size]
it will force the graduate to use his brain
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 11, 2016
As many have said here....I do not think that the Government needs to build more university....especially as the funding for the old ones.....including GEJ's new ones are insufficient.

Unless they want to raise fees to N200000 and above.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by ProfLogan(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2016
Isn't this the APC that blasted and criticized GEJ for building new universities and almajiri schs undecided

Theory of hypocrisy
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by buoye1(m): 2:55pm On May 11, 2016
The one's we have, how good have they managed it?
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by emi89: 5:15pm On May 11, 2016
they should create jobs not schools after school nothing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo / Anambra Students To Represent Nigeria At 27th World Debate In Singapore / A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.