Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology (20867 Views)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Islie: 8:22am On May 11, 2016
The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, says the Federal Government is working toward establishing six new universities of science and technology to expand the access to tertiary education.

The Education Minister Malam Adamu Adamu, disclosed this at a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum on Tuesday in Abuja.

While speaking at the forum, he emphasized that the future of the world depends on science and technology.

In his words, “This government has already decided to even add more; it is going to establish six new universities of science and technology.

And at the lower level, there will be a technical school in each state of the federation and then vocational centres at the wards and local government levels.

You know, we have a problem of access; if you look at it last year, one million people sat for the universities but only 150,000 were taken.

So, we still need to build more universities to create more space for those who want to get in.

And then the fact that the six new universities are being created for science and technology underscores the decision by the government to put more emphasis on science”.

Adamu stressed that the move is in line with the campaign promises of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government.

He said that over the years the Federal Government had laid emphasis on science and technology by giving more access to students in such fields.

Adamu recalled that during the tenure of the them Minister of Education, Prof. Babs Fafunwa, it was agreed that the ratio of science to arts should be 60 to 40.

The minister noted that ever since, the policy had been carried out by successive governments, it has remained the stance of the present Federal Government.

He further said that the new universities would be located in the six geo-political zones.

He said: “Whether we agree or not, oil has limited time before it finishes; the whole economies of the world are going towards the knowledge economy.

Actually, it is the cultivation of Science, Technology and Engineering studies that will hold the economy in the future”.

On Almajiri issue, the minister said that the Federal Government recognised the problem; hence the building of Almajiri schools.

He added that there was a steady progress in the Almajiri education as well as boy-child drop out issue in the South-East and problems bordering on girl-child education.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/10/fg-set-to-establish-six-new-varsities-of-science-and-technology/

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2016
I like that part were they didn't tell us how long the project will last. Well played Federal Government, well played. angry

And how about you standardize the already existing universities before building new ones. Quality before quantity. Who empty university epp?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Ahmed0336(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
I like that part were they didn't tell us how long the project will last. Well played Federal Government, well played. angry

And how about you standardize the already existing universities before building new ones. Quality before quantity. Who empty university epp?
lols piccolo piccolo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 8:45am On May 11, 2016
Ahmed0336:
lols piccolo piccolo

Lol. Sir, good morning sir! grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:56am On May 11, 2016
good.... we need a federal university of technology in the south south region and north too...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by macaranta(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2016
Okay
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by greatiyk4u(m): 12:24pm On May 11, 2016
I am sure one will be located in DAURA..........just like we have one in OTUOKE

I pray one comes to my village.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 11, 2016
Good Development.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by directonpc(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2016
Put 2 for my village
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 11, 2016
Brilliant idea, brilliant government, brilliant APC! Build more universities, who cares if the existing ones are underfunded and starving to death. The same logic oshiomole used in edo state, building a new University when the already existing one is starved of funds. Adamu Adamu.... His name says it all

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by StoneLucifer: 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
Story! Story!! Storeyyyyyyy...

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by 5starmilitant: 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
"In 2baba's voice" e belike say them won to tell us, another story again o.

love-vendor the existing ones jor.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by berrystunn(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
Talking

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by 9izone(f): 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

The thing Taya m o
And that is if not one of all this his talking changing materials grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
I Think we should upgrade Federal University Of Technology, Owerri and equip it to par with foreign Universities

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by abdulkayus(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2016
Today is my birthday, celebrate with me

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 11, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

Them no get sensecheesy

The existing ones are not well equipped.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Burger01(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
Universities wey dey ground we never finish maintaining them angry

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by gurunlocker: 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
Last administration didn't make noise when they want to establish new universities.....

11 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by logadims: 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
one thing is to establish and another thing is to equip. Hope they equip them with equipments. They've not equipped the present federal universities, they are busy opening new one's. Is that development?
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by salabscholar01(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
HMMM
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by dgr8truth(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
When PGEJ established 6 new federal universities, APC propaganda machines and their e-rats went to town discrediting the government, calling the universities glorified secondary school. Now that it is their chief zombie Who wants to establish 6 more new universities, I wonder if they will be man enough to discredit their chief zombie and call the universities glorified primary school.

What nature has taught me thus far from this government is that I should be careful of what I say today for it might be used against me tomorrow.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by DeRay98(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

My exact thoughts
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by HomeOfMe(f): 12:30pm On May 11, 2016
The ones that graduated from other universities,have you given them jobs? Instead you're giving the good jobs to your families,cronies and associates.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by abdulkayus(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
I Think we should upgrade Federal University Of Technology, Owerri and equip it to par with foreign Universities

only owerri!!! What of others?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by KOLZY(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2016
too much talking
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Wadasco(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2016
kudos.
Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by flexyfranky(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2016
Building more universities when you have over 30 universities in Nigeria where graduates come out with no job? Is that what this government know to do best? Instead creating job opportunities for the millions of graduates in the country, equip the existing universities, they want to build universities so they will be named after them?

Its a pity.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by honEmirate(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2016
Good one from the FG.

The shift of global economic power from the US to China is predicated largely on China's investment in Science and Technology.

1 Like

Re: FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 11, 2016
Are universities Nigeria's problems?These clowns should stop establishing institutions that produces half baked graduates to over-bloat our unemployed market.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo / Between Unizik And UNN, Which Is A Better Place To Study Pharmacy / Do You Regret Your 2:2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.