Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Be A Nigerian Landlord - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Be A Nigerian Landlord (11481 Views)

8 Types Of Nigerian Landlord (photos) / Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by UjSizzle(f): 8:28am On May 15, 2016
hehehe grin
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by otiigba1(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2016
loomer:

What's my business with if Nigeria is one or not.

My concern na my money, my time. U no expect say I go get property for east and no dey at most 200km away.
i see your point, it would not matter were the properties are as long as its in a good location and your rent is coming in no qualms, i am even thinking of investing in uganda i hear, for few hundreds of thousands one can own a quater of kampala (the capital of uganda) grin a substantial Amount of nigerians live there i gathered
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by otiigba1(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2016
nairaimporter:

Record one of your conversations, get yourself a lawyer too. Don't be stingy and get a lawyer! With the recording saying he is a cultist, court can evict him.
okay, i will, only i ve been adviced not to go near him, incase he carries out his threat (i am not afraid of him BTW) and i am not always in the country i have folks dealing with the case on my behalf and i do not trust them either.
I am also not sure how long it will take for the court to evict him. I only metioned six months unpaid rent just to minimise the problem infact its nearly 14 months now.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by nairaimporter: 9:14am On May 15, 2016
otiigba1:
okay, i will, only i ve been adviced not to go near him, incase he carries out his threat (i am not afraid of him BTW) and i am not always in the country i have folks dealing with the case on my behalf and i do not trust them either.
I am also not sure how long it will take for the court to evict him. I only metioned six months unpaid rent just to minimise the problem infact its nearly 14 months now.

Sir. The law court is the best place to resolve all issues once and for all.

Lawyers are not even costly as you might think.

If you decide to act in your own capacity and use force, he can still sue you even though he owes you.

Sir, I am telling you the best and least costly(in the long run) course of action. Get a lawyer to throw him out. Simple.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by otiigba1(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2016
nairaimporter:

Sir. The law court is the best place to resolve all issues once and for all.

Lawyers are not even costly as you might think.

If you decide to act in your own capacity and use force, he can still sue you even though he owes you.

Sir, I am telling you the best and least costly(in the long run) course of action. Get a lawyer to throw him out. Simple.
okay, i will get lawyer, as long as it's least costly as you have mentioned tongue i wasn't comfortable spending more money adding to 14 months of unpaid rent angry thanks for your sincere advice.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by jsnow90: 9:51am On May 15, 2016
emymeeky:

Do you have Certificate of Occupancy for the plot of land?
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by emymeeky: 9:58am On May 15, 2016
jsnow90:

Do you have Certificate of Occupancy for the plot of land?

Yes sir. I just renewed my C of O
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by mfm04622: 11:44am On May 15, 2016
Yes, always blame the landlord, never blame the tenant that stress you before paying rent that is due in February in November! A tenant that has enough money to go to Hajj but not enough to pay his rent. Never blame the tenant that uses your property roughly. It is always the landlords fault
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by cyberguy72(m): 12:21pm On May 15, 2016
mfm04622:
Yes, always blame the landlord, never blame the tenant that stress you before paying rent that is due in February in November! A tenant that has enough money to go to Hajj but not enough to pay his rent. Never blame the tenant that uses your property roughly. It is always the landlords fault
Monthly payment of rent is d best option for tenants generally.It makes it easier for eviction of troublesome tenants
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by loomer: 12:29pm On May 15, 2016
otiigba1:
i see your point, it would not matter were the properties are as long as its in a good location and your rent is coming in no qualms, i am even thinking of investing in uganda i hear, for few hundreds of thousands one can own a quater of kampala (the capital of uganda) grin a substantial Amount of nigerians live there i gathered

Kampala yonder, I like ur vision o.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by justmenoni: 12:38pm On May 15, 2016
No mind am.. East ke.. Me i get some in North-east! Have you got interest?

quote author=loomer post=45633046]

East ke, no bother then. Thanks [/quote]
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by Chukazu: 3:35pm On May 15, 2016
tolugar:
Don't forget to put
THIS HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE

Some guys can use it for bride price
"house not for sale" doesn't apply to banks. once they come calling you better heat your jackpot and relocate to ikorodu.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by otiigba1(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2016
loomer:

Kampala yonder, I like ur vision o.
yea! I am thinking of starting a property development in kampala.
Apparently i will make a huge amount of money through letting out houses.
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by lawyer(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2016
Very Funny and so True grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by loomer: 9:58pm On May 15, 2016
otiigba1:
yea! I am thinking of starting a property development in kampala.
Apparently i will make a huge amount of money through letting out houses.

Good for u
Re: How To Be A Nigerian Landlord by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2016
LWTMB

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The future is now; Its yours with N60,000 / Estimated Cost Of Laying Foundation For A 1 Storeyed Building / Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.