Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy (657 Views)

Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Help Me Good People,my Life,my Career And My Academics Are Now In Jeopardy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2016
I am a legal practitioner, called to the Nigerian bar since last October. I am from port Harcourt and also reside in port Harcourt. Am also done with my NYSC as i served before law school. Since I was called last year, I have been on the hunt for a law firm that I can stay and further my lawyering activities but I have been unable to find none. Each day I spend money going round town searching for law firms but all to no avail. I also observe proceedings on a regular basis.
As it is now, I am basically frustrated and tired of everything and I am about to abandon the noble profession. Maybe it's not my calling. I need urgent help and advice. I have lost my mind and I feel suicidal too.
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by NiRfreak(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2016
That's how your country wastes lives and talent. dnt be hell bent on making money with the profession. Most profession here are overrated with slim chance of fulfilling practice

Try something else to keep body and soul together while you keep waiting and hoping.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:
That's how your country wastes lives and talent. dnt be hell bent on making money with the profession. Most profession here are overrated with slim chance of fulfilling practice

Try something else to keep body and soul together while you keep waiting and hoping.
Thanks so much Sir
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by NiRfreak(m): 11:20am On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:

Thanks so much Sir
You are welcome bro.....i never believed in travelling out until i graduated into the real world and realised i have been duped by the system. worst still , denied of quality education and opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Crieff(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2016
Well, to keep yourself busy, you could blog on the aspect of law that appeals to you or just blog ob general issues...the benefits of blogging is that it makes your thought process clearer, your articulation better and your mind, broadened...especially from positive exchange of knowledge and information by people who comment on your blog.

Secondly, get yourself accredited with CAC...I do not need to say anything further about this point.

Third, dive into the waters of IP. No more.

Register a law firm...in your name, which incidentally doesn't require registration except you really want to or in your names...if with a friend: Aaaaa &Co or Aaaa &Bbbbb. With that, get a simple sign board with the inscription "Law Office", put it up at your place of residence and keep yourself busy....while prospecting. This is necessary for point number 3.

Study a vocation. Programming. Digital marketing, etc.

Are you a Christian? Why are you not?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by danduchi(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2016
Sorry to say bro not to discourage you but Law is the most over hyped course in Nigeria... Look for other alternative like banking if you're good with numbers... God will show u the light in due time. Best of luck bro

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2016
Crieff:
Well, to keep yourself busy, you could blog on the aspect of law that appeals to you or just blog ob general issues...the benefits of blogging is that it makes your thought process clearer, your articulation better and your mind, broadened...especially from positive exchange of knowledge and information by people who comment on your blog.

Secondly, get yourself accredited with CAC...I do not need to say anything further about this point.

Third, dive into the waters of IP. No more.

Register a law firm...in your name, which incidentally doesn't require registration except you really want to or in your names...if with a friend: Aaaaa &Co or Aaaa &Bbbbb. With that, get a simple sign board with the inscription "Law Office", put it up at your place of residence and keep yourself busy....while prospecting. This is necessary for point number 3.

Study a vocation. Programming. Digital marketing, etc.

Are you a Christian? Why are you not?
I am very grateful for your candid and insightful advice. I have all that in mind. But establishing a law firm is not as easy as they make it look. I have special interest in entertainment law. Blogging is cool but it's going to set me apart from my dream of being a practising lawyer as it is very addictive.
Am a Christian
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2016
danduchi:
Sorry to say bro not to discourage you but Law is the most over hyped course in Nigeria... Look for other alternative like banking if you're good with numbers... God will show u the light in due time. Best of luck bro
Yes that is the truth. There are too many lawyers already. Thanks for your concern
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by barrwebilor(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:
You are welcome bro.....i never believed in travelling out until i graduated into the real world and realised i have been duped by the system. worst still , denied of quality education and opportunity.
Travelling out is also on my mind but its still risky as one could face worse travails there
Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by NiRfreak(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
barrwebilor:

Travelling out is also on my mind but its still risky as one could face worse travails there
Its not the ultimate though....it depends on your course and plans. Some courses are better placed in terms of training , exposure and opportunities abroad, Only if you want to remain a mediocre or settle for less in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 11, 2016
Mek I help you with rope or rat poison?

(1) (Reply)

PHCN Official Electrocuted (photos) / Amazing Coca-cola Illustration And Idea / It/telecom Bonanza Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.