Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight (24163 Views)

Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... / Fayose Condemns Removal Of Wike’s CSO, Accuses FG / You Are Insensitive To The Plight Of Nigerians – Shekarau Blasts Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by gidgiddy: 7:20am On May 12, 2016
kodded:

cc pat077 :

undecided undecided

This administration is a scam. In 2012, when fuel was
about 100 dollars per barrel the then govt said fuel will b
sold for 140 naira after subsidy removal. Now, that the
price is around 40 dollars per barrel, how come the price
is now 145 naira per litter after subsidy removal.
undecided undecided

That is something Buhari will have to explain to Nigerians. The price of crude Oil has fallen and most countries are reducing the price of petrol. How come it is rising in Nigeria? That's what you get when you elect a dullard as president. My only happiness is that as I buy petrol for N145 a litre, all APC supporters will be buying it with me. They wanted change abi?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by nrexzy: 7:24am On May 12, 2016
heffem:
..... By the time u leave your father's house and start having reaponsibilities, u will understand better....... Omo mummy, kpele o
I can't leave God's house º°˚˚­˚°º‎​. Wouldn't ask for a better understanding of Fayose that doesn't understand himself
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by PresVA: 7:32am On May 12, 2016
Seriously, nothing good has come out of this government. . Really pathetic. ..

Other countries are reducing their PMS prices but here we're increasing ours

The masses just keep suffering. ..

And he's even talking about increasing fed uni school fees

Can't count just ONE thing this govt has done so far esp as it relates to the masses. . Mtcheeew
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Zeemarch(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2016
Hnnmmmmmm. Change government indeed. The change that was used to campaign finally changed. Fuel price now #145 per litter. This will affect the economy of this country drastically because everything in this nation depends on fuel. If it was indeed APC that was behind the Occupy Nigeria during PDP regime, they did a wonderful job as an opposition party. It is now time the PDP(the major opposition party in d country) also sponsor occupy Africa(or whatever name they want to call it) because we can't just sit down and this government treat us like fools.
I voted for APC because I thought they will bring change but I regret doing so now because all this affect somebody like us(THE MASSES). If they can return the fuel price back to what it was(its now past tense), I will know we have government.
I don't care who they fight with the anti corruption crusade, all I need is a better Nigeria.
Signed: Adekunle Ismail Adekunle(Dodo Ede). Public analyst
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by moyomax(m): 7:42am On May 12, 2016
Live a happy life by Knowing the Language of d 21st century.

http://aspire8..nl/2016/05/the-language-of-21st-century.html?m=1
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Seawhy(m): 8:02am On May 12, 2016
I so much like this man...may God protect him till 2019, when we will be done with this worst administration. Frankly speaking, am ashamed that this administration is cursing more harm to Nigerians than good. This is too bad.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Eberex(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2016
Atleast now the population of cars plying in lagos will reduce drastically because most will not be able to afford the increment in fuel
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by vekson(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2016
I think this is the time for us to look unto God who is the author and finisher of our faith and not unto any government. The bible says; seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righousness and every other thing shall be added unto you. Gods word does not go back to him void without accomplishment. As for me with God by my side, even if fuel is sold for a thousand naira, I will still afford it because one with God is majourity. Dem buari, dem Apc, dem d government.
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by johnchiii(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2016
Oludrex:
the ultimate tragedy of nigeria is not the insensitivity of the government but the silence and unbelievable tolerance of the masses

the masses are the cause of the mischievious nd insensitivity rule of our leaders. We lack the guts 2 speak and say whats right, we are afraid of them, while they should be the ones afraid of our actions. This is suffering. Imagine the plight of low income earners, the plight of those on minimum wage, how do they survive in this unbearable state of the economy. There is n0 forex, and there is n0 fuel. How long are we going to suffer like this.
All we need n0w is a #REVOLUTION

1 Like

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Eastcoast33(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2016
kodded:

cc pat077 :

undecided undecided

This administration is a scam. In 2012, when fuel was
about 100 dollars per barrel the then govt said fuel will b
sold for 140 naira after subsidy removal. Now, that the
price is around 40 dollars per barrel, how come the price
is now 145 naira per litter after subsidy removal.
undecided undecided

Bro please ehn, re-explain this in RAW terms to me, i want to grasp the gist too.. i didn't get it the way you just just said it above. THANKS, Shame on APC, SHAME, SHAME, CURSE BE UPON BUHARI, TINUBU AND HIS TEAM!
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by kodded(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2016
Eastcoast33:
Bro please ehn, re-explain this in RAW terms to me, i want to grasp the gist too.. i didn't get it the way you just just said it above. THANKS, Shame on APC, SHAME, SHAME, CURSE BE UPON BUHARI, TINUBU AND HIS TEAM!
in normal sense the higher the oil price means the price of fuel will go up and the lower the oil price means the price of fuel will go down (ie when the fuel is not subsidized)

and during gej administration oil price was above $100 which means the unsubsidized fuel will be sold @N140 but now that the oil price is below $50 the unsubsidized fuel is sold for N145 which must not be so
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by 2mNaira: 12:12pm On May 12, 2016
coldFLARES1:
The difference is in the exchange rates. Presently, marketers would have to source forex at the parallel market whereas then, they got forex at official rates.

It bears stating, that difference should be up to 70%.

But I thought NNPC is now the importer.What has marketers got to do with it.Do they need dollars to buy from NNPC?
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by 3sha4lyf: 12:31pm On May 12, 2016
eddyslim:
Tah, sharap
Same to you!
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by 3sha4lyf: 12:35pm On May 12, 2016
Jimi23:

Obviously u are the one with "comprehension set back" syndrome. I bet u didnt even go thru my quote b4 u started barking like the brainless, hungry dog that u are. Kachikwu's interview for 7am on Channels my foot. U rogues and dull headed idiats who know nothing but hustling for positions in govt becos u obviously cannot even think out of the box to better ur lives talkless of being initiative with effective policies to better the lives of Nigerians. Why was it capped at 145? U dung head. How much is it sold per barrel now? Why did u evade the question?Change to ur pockets is all u lobbied for. Nigerians now know better. It is APC that will end up in that lagoon of doom come 2019.

Keep nagging... If I ask you to contribute one alternative initiative for a better Nigeria, you'll be stuttering. Daft brain that only complains on Nairaland but can't contribute substantially to the community.

As for hustling for positions, I laugh loud at u. FYI, I'm proudly career-oriented! I don't scramble for crumbs. If it interests u, there's more to the economy than being in politics, ask Lagos Businessmen! Go find your niche cos it seems ur lost.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Eastcoast33(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
kodded:
in normal sense the higher the oil price means the price of fuel will go up and the lower the oil price means the price of fuel will go down (ie when the fuel is not subsidized)

and during gej administration oil price was above $100 which means the unsubsidized fuel will be sold @N140 but now that the oil price is below $50 the unsubsidized fuel is sold for N145 which must not be so
Blood of Jesus Christ! we've been scammed, for real - the thoughts of a Zombie.
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Jimi23(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2016
3sha4lyf:

Keep nagging... If I ask you to contribute one alternative initiative for a better Nigeria, you'll be stuttering. Daft brain that only complains on Nairaland but can't contribute substantially to the community.

As for hustling for positions, I laugh loud at u. FYI, I'm proudly career-oriented! I don't scramble for crumbs. If it interests u, there's more to the economy than being in politics, ask Lagos Businessmen! Go find your niche cos it seems ur lost.

Keep running dat stinkin-g hole in ur numb skull. Why dont u go now and tell the NLC the crap u told me earlier? Mr. One filling station may choose to sell at 20 naira (INDEED). U can obviously see that u are the lone, egg brained illiterate here. U lieing leaking brain. Polithievcian coming on NL to claim businessman. Business from looted funds. Lets see how u keep scrambling for govt positions in 2019 when all ur sorry asses will be sent packing by Nigerians. What meaningful contributions do u or even ur perpetually clueless "aeroplane craving" boss have for the devt of Nigeria? U shot urselves in the "foot" already and b4 2019 u would hv shot urselves in the "head". Morons who evidently lack a sense of direction. APshit?!.... Scam!
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by coldFLARES1(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2016
mnairaland:

But I thought NNPC is now the importer.What has marketers got to do with it.Do they need dollars to buy from NNPC?
Before the final decision to deregulate, the NNPC and some pre-qualified oil majors were responsible for fuel importation and they got their FX from the CBN at official rates. However, when our reserves started draining very fast and the President was still insistent on maintaining official exchange rates at 197, while the CBN could not provide the FX needs of the oil importers, the NNPC progressively became the fuel importer until it was 100% responsible, which led to resurgent queues and the recurring and crippling scarcity we experienced in the recent past.

Having bowed to the dictates of commonsense and realistically estimate that our insolvent state may not improve anytime soon (I forgot to add that there is also no provision for subsidy payments in the 2016 budget), the govt has done the needful and embraced a partial deregulation.

The way it proposed now, licensed operators can access FX through the parallel market and import products while the NNPC gets its FX from the CBN at official rates. The PPRA on its part would adopt a template that factors in these two sources of financing in arriving at a price band (hence a current ceiling for 145) for which products would be sold. The DPR vets quality and ensure that consumers are not cheated through under-dispensing.

Bye and large, this has always been the way to go even if it is coming at this time. As a example, did you not feel cheated when you lost a lot of man-hours to get fuel at 250/lit and was told by Kachikwu that the FG still paid 100+ bn naira in subsidy in March?

APC made several unrealistic promises just to get power, but let forgive them and play our part. We all have a duty to resuscitate this country from its present comatose state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by de1de1SnrAd: 1:39pm On May 12, 2016
Subsidy removal: Under GEJ, NO! Under PMB, YES! YES! YES!

Why? GEJ men would have had more money to loot and further qualify this country as "fantastically corrupt"! Whereas under PMB it will be more money to execute more people friendly and economy developing project.

Take it or leave it, i have spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Kelechi2020(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2016
nairapip:

It so funny that noone is saying anything about the petroleum marketers who have been diverting products in the past weeks and creating the artificial scarcity. We all go political and attack our varied inclinations while the marketers are smiling. Without a doubt this will bring hardship but will also check the product diversion and guarantee availability. Once the supply is more than the demand, price will find a balance!

You got that line of reasoning all wrong my Bro when you said that price increase will stop petrol diversion..That is pure voodoo economics..

We are there main source of PMS and when the price at source is increased,the marketers will still increase the price at which this product is shipped to them and the cyCLE WILL CONTINUE AGAIN.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Omotaday(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2016
kodded:
the higher the oil price means the price of fuel will go up

the lower the oil price means the price of fuel will go down

you expect this in Nigeria with the everyday bombing of pipeline and importation of pms by marketers?
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by 3sha4lyf: 1:19am On May 13, 2016
Jimi23:

Keeping running dat stinkin-g hole in ur numb skull. Why dont u go now and tell the NLC the crap u told me earlier? Mr. One filling station may choose to sell at 20 naira (INDEED). U can obviously see that u are the lone, egg brained illiterate here. U lieing leaking brain. Polithievcian coming on NL to claim businessman. Business from looted funds. Lets see how u keep scrambling for govt positions in 2019 when all ur sorry asses will be sent packing by Nigerians. What meaningful contributions do u or even ur perpetually clueless "aeroplane craving" boss have for the devt of Nigeria? U shot urselves in the "foot" already and b4 2019 u would hv shot urselves in the "head". Morons who evidently lack a sense of direction. APshit?!.... Scam!

You are sooooooo foolish. Wise ones are thinking faster now. The petroleum industry is now free, no more cabal, anyone can bring in and sell PMS within the guidelines. This is a business opportunity for very wise people who have seen the market as an open haven for investments, but instead of you to think way forward, you are nagging here. If u didn't understand the meaning of my N20 example, lemme educate u in one sentence. Simply put, the new benchmark means competition will be encouraged.

If you were wise enough, you would have sourced for petroleum products, and sold back to Nigerians, perhaps at N86.50 or less if you think that's the heroic price. Don't be a sore nag on Nairaland. Get ur brains and hand to work!!!

Daft slowpoke!!!
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Jimi23(m): 5:03am On May 13, 2016
3sha4lyf:

You are sooooooo foolish. Wise ones are thinking faster now. The petroleum industry is now free, no more cabal, anyone can bring in and sell PMS within the guidelines. This is a business opportunity for very wise people who have seen the market as an open haven for investments, but instead of you to think way forward, you are nagging here. If u didn't understand the meaning of my N20 example, lemme educate u in one sentence. Simply put, the new benchmark means competition will be encouraged.

If you were wise enough, you would have sourced for petroleum products, and sold back to Nigerians, perhaps at N86.50 or less if you think that's the heroic price. Don't be a sore nag on Nairaland. Get ur brains and hand to work!!!

Daft slowpoke!!!

U are a nitwi-t. Porous analyst. Who are u giving empty lectures to? Go and give ur dumb lecture to ur "space man" dull headed boss, who doesnt even know what the acronym INEC stands for, yet wants to rule Nigeria by fire, by force, when he knows that he's got an absent brain. U unrepentant liar. There are no more cabals my foot. Bunch of deceitful cheats. Free market my ass yet its pegged at 145 naira high. U and ur projections of falsehood. Nigerians are not dummies.
I bet no gas station will ever sell it 4 less because, of cos u and ur blood sucking, money looting, criminally minded, greedy, cohorts will "frantically" ensure that supply never surpasses demand in order to make sure the price never drops.. Ud rather dubiously divert PMS to neighbouring countries instead of allowing it to flow freely within Nigeria because politheivcians like urself also exist in the cabal. Its called creating "artificial" scarcity. Chicken brain. How much investment and job creation policies have come to ur fish brain despite all d money of honest, tax paying Nigerians u and ur brainless "politheivecian" colleagues have looted?
The appalling state of Nigeria's economy since APC embarked on its journey of doom is of cos a strong indication that its members in govt all obviously have dysfunctional brains and lazy hands. All u do is lobby and scramble desperately for political appointments and continue with d looting. No initiative, no direction. Primitive gluttons! Ur "change" scam mantra is a change of horror to Nigerians who are eagerly waiting to boot ur clueless, shallow asses out come 2019. APshit??! SCAM!
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by 3sha4lyf: 10:25am On May 14, 2016
Jimi23:

U are a nitwi-t. Porous analyst. Who are u giving empty lectures to? Go and give ur dumb lecture to ur "space man" dull headed boss, who doesnt even know what the acronym INEC stands for, yet wants to rule Nigeria by fire, by force, when he knows that he's got an absent brain. U unrepentant liar. There are no more cabals my foot. Bunch of deceitful cheats. Free market my ass yet its pegged at 145 naira high.[/b]U and ur projections of falsehood. Nigerians are not dummies.
[b] [s]I bet no gas station will ever sell it 4 less [/s]
because, of cos u and ur blood sucking, money looting, criminally minded, greedy, cohorts will "frantically" ensure that supply never surpasses demand in order to make sure the price never drops.. Ud rather dubiously divert PMS to neighbouring countries instead of allowing it to flow freely within Nigeria because politheivcians like urself also exist in the cabal. Its called creating "artificial" scarcity. Chicken brain. How much investment and job creation policies have come to ur fish brain despite all d money of honest, tax paying Nigerians u and ur brainless "politheivecian" colleagues have looted?
The appalling state of Nigeria's economy since APC embarked on its journey of doom is of cos a strong indication that its members in govt all obviously have dysfunctional brains and lazy hands. All u do is lobby and scramble desperately for political appointments and continue with d looting. No initiative, no direction. Primitive gluttons! Ur "change" scam mantra is a change of horror to Nigerians who are eagerly waiting to boot ur clueless, shallow asses out come 2019. APshit??! SCAM!

I just realised I've been replying a disgruntled lazy kid who doesn't understand what "cap" means. No more words for you. When you grow up, leave ur keyboard and go see what's happening out there on this issue, we can have a meaningful conversation. Stop being sillily myopic! Bye for now.
Re: Fayose Condemns Petrol Price Increment, Says “FG Insensitive To Nigerians Plight by Jimi23(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2016
3sha4lyf:

I just realised I've been replying a disgruntled lazy kid who doesn't understand what "cap" means. No more words for you. When you grow up, leave ur keyboard and go see what's happening out there on this issue, we can have a meaningful conversation. Stop being sillily myopic! Bye for now.

Bye 4 now? Nah. U kidding me? Since u assume u are on with a kid, i'd say u bring back dat old, rickety, empty head of yours and get ur reply. I wont bother going into the meanings of these words because i can see u are daft enough not to notice why i have used the word PEGGED emphatically. Polithievecians like u of cos will dubiously use the word CAP (can go below but not above -"INDEED" ) to replace PEG believing u are talking to mo-rons like urselves. Is there a hike in the price of fuel? YES! Nigerians dont need that. Nigerians will fight against that hike.Thats that. Quit displaying ur daft self. Go get some brain into ur numb skull and stop talking BS. Did u say Fayoshit? We say, APshit?!...SCAM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"No Candidate From The Core North Can Defeat Buhari In 2019" — Dele Momodu / Insecurity: How Lawan Averted Impeachment Move Against Buhari / Pastor Okezie Atani Has Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.